• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#1 Shunn

Shunn
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

POPULAR

SS build: http://ws-base.com/b...220.221.222.499

Let me start off by saying I left 3 slots blank because you can choose any 3 utility abilities to put in there ( I would recommend arcane shock gate and possibly flash freeze)

Reasons I chose my abilities

t8 Quickdraw; very obvious reason it gives you empower buff

t5 Rapidfire: This is your best damage ability and will be your top damage done

t8 Trueshot: the 4th charge is amazing and total combined hits are very high for damage

Flameburst: good ogcd ability can be used in between all abilities

Assassinate: nice damage has 2 charges and can be used on cd becomes stronger when enemies are below 30%

Abilities you spell surge only:

t5 rapid fire: highest damage, a lot of crits, all 4 charges last as long as empower buff from t8 quickdraw which is perfect

t8 trueshot: get all 4 of your shots out extremely fast for high damage. can be used right after dodge rolling as well incase you are forced to move.

Rotation starting out is always the same I quickdraw use both charges of assassinate and flameburst ( if i got a crit in between). From there it becomes a priority system using flameburst whenever it is up and assassinate off cooldown as well:

A rotation would look like this if parsing: quick  draw>as>as>(flameburst)>quickdraw>SS on: rapidfire (all 4 charges)>SS off>quickdraw>as>(flameburst)> SS on: trueshot (all 4 charges)> SS off> quick draw> SS on: rapid fire (all 4 charges)> SS off>quickdraw> as>(flameburst)> qd>qd>qd (until rapid fire comes up) then continue to always spell surge rapid fire and trueshot:

Note; I literally have spell surge up every single rapid fire and every single true shot. the only time most would not is if you messed up and spellsurged assassinate or quickdraw. Also after you use true shot note that because of the CD length of it, you will always be doing 2 spell surged rapid fires before another true shot

My gear includes 1907 Ap, 19.50% crit 175%crit severity and 8% striketrhough: With these stats i am able to parse between 5800-6200 dps on the middle dummy in illium/housing dummies. I do use a lacerate weapon so (5100-5500 without lacerate)

I would also like to note that I am in blues and some greens and I do not have any rune sets on this character.

Other parses i have done included t8 charged shot which tends to be about 300-400dps lower than my current build. Also would like to notes that in no way is ignite a dps increase. i showed at least 3 other people in game who was using the standard charged shot/ignite build in game and when switching to my rotation they literally gained over 700dps.. and with a laceration weapon that would increase much more.

Also people may say this build has little to no movement dps abilities, which is a correct statement, but I can assure you every fight in this game whether it is a vet dungeon a raid or an adventure you can stop and dps and this build works. Espers have proven that ( non mobile telekinetic strike) especially the ones in my raid, and I can assure you I personally have no issues in any dungeons running this build and being able to keep everything up and stop and use my abilities.  

Shunn|Dominion|Avatus|Warrior

Enigma

Twitch Stream Warrior DPS Guide Recruiting

#2 Rex_Marksley

Rex_Marksley
  • Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Awesome post!

Iv been using this spec questing and it works great (swapping out flame burst for void pact).

#3 Shunn

Shunn
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

Awesome post!

Iv been using this spec questing and it works great (swapping out flame burst for void pact).

Yea void pact is really good spell but you take a dps hit personally, but raid benefits from it so its' really nice. I personally wouldn't replace flameburst for voidpact i would replace one of the other 3 spots i left blank with it.. like take arcane shock gate and instead of flash freeze use void pact ( for raids) questing always keep flash freeze of course :P and replace arcane shock.. 

Enigma

#4 ace80k

ace80k
  • Members
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

How would a rotation like this compare to one which includes Ignite? I'm by no means a SS expert, as my primary toon is only lvl 15 at the moment.However, I've read many different guides and posts about various abilities, so I'm familiar with SS abilities in general. With that said, lets talk about Ignite. Do you think it would be beneficial to add the ability into your rotation somehow? Especially considering the synergy between Ignite and Flame Burst? From what I understand, Ignite is good enough to work rotations around, so I get the impression it's a staple to any PvE SS rotation. Any input?

#5 Moatilliatta

Moatilliatta
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

http://ws-base.com/b...222.182.183.184

Surge ignite, ignite, arcane missiles, assassinate, assassinate, quick draw, quick draw

quick draw when you cant cast two assassinates.

#6 Aeden

Aeden
  • Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

I am highly skeptical of your numbers, I know I can't be the only one. Especially not when you're saying that that build, which is similar enough to builds that have been posted or tested before, is doing almost 2k DPS more than the highest magic-based build for almost identical gear before taking Laceration into account. I'm gonna need a screen shot of that.

#7 Shunn

Shunn
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

Ignite at t8; surged ignite, ignite after 6seconds you get all your damage off and that is literally, for me, with my gear 13.5k damage.. a non spell surged ignite does 2.5k damage.. I can cast trueshot and get all 4 charges off in 2 seconds and do over 20kdamage along with throwing in flameburst that does 2.5k+ that is off gcd every 3secs with trigger fingers amp. Rapidfire spellsurged takes roughly 5.5 seconds to get all 4  charges off for over 20k+ damage.. assassinate is not worth tiering or ever spell surging cause it comes no where enar close anything else in damage atm.. its good for executing targets, and you never spellsurge it cause the spellsurge on assassinate is what it would be at 30% hp or below, and at 30% hp and below if you spell surge it you literally gain no bonus cause of the 30% hp thing. 

also if you do math and test you will see that if you have t8 ignite ( which you would have if you want to surge and then apply regularly and for it to be even remotely considerable) it takes 1 second to apply both and a total of seven seconds to get the full damage on both procs.. which for me was 13.5k (with crits).. now if you go with t8 charged shot and surge that you get a 1.2 second cast time that hits for roughly 10k on a 7 second cd and crits for over 20k, so therefore you can get 2 t8  surged charge shots off for between 20-40k damage in 8 seconds compared to 7 seconds of surged ignite and ignite  to do 13.5k damage.. you can immediately use quickdraw after charged shot like you could with ignite.. therefore the damage is clear that charged shot would be the winner.. Now do that with t8 true shot.. same numbers apply for ignite surged and applied regulalry 1 sec to cast both of them wait a total of 7seconds to get fuil damage ( counting the innitial hits of ignite damage itself). Now t8 trueshot surged deals around 5k+ a hit crits for over 8-10k and you can get all 4 shots off in 1.4s, .7secs, .35secs then 4th instant.. 2.5seconds with damage that can range from 20k(no crits low end)-40k all crits high end.

Arcane missiles is only good for the magic debuff and even so it's only like 15% cause no one takes it past base in raids and is literally a raid debuff at best. add 15% resistance reduction on a mob that maybe ups your ignite ticks by like 40 damage each nothing significant and if added in to my 13.5k you get like 14.5kish damage in total of both ignite dots and initlal hits combined.

Enigma

#8 Shunn

Shunn
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

I am highly skeptical of your numbers, I know I can't be the only one. Especially not when you're saying that that build, which is similar enough to builds that have been posted or tested before, is doing almost 2k DPS more than the highest magic-based build for almost identical gear before taking Laceration into account. I'm gonna need a screen shot of that.

I will be more than happy to post a screenshot of my parses next week.

Enigma

#9 NonY

NonY
  • Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

http://ws-base.com/b...222.182.183.184

Surge ignite, ignite, arcane missiles, assassinate, assassinate, quick draw, quick draw

quick draw when you cant cast two assassinates.

Yup this is the build you wanna do at 50. It also has the huge advantage of being perfectly mobile. A rapid fire and true shot build is gonna constantly be disrupted in most fights. I hate to just contradict shunn like that without elaborating, but I just see it exactly the opposite way. Mobile builds absolutely have higher uptime on their rotations than immobile builds for a bunch of fights.

#10 Shunn

Shunn
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

Yup this is the build you wanna do at 50. It also has the huge advantage of being perfectly mobile. A rapid fire and true shot build is gonna constantly be disrupted in most fights.

That is false as I have done every vet on my spellslinger and on my warrior  done every GA 20man boss and can guarantee you there is plenty of time to stop and cast you abilities on all fights without hinder

Enigma

#11 Shunn

Shunn
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

And I like to iterate again that mobility can not be an excuse as espers main spam is completely standstill and espers in raids are completely fine

Enigma

#12 Xing

Xing
  • Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

DPS on the raid dummy....?  Middle dummy is meh

Xing | AVID | Engineer
Join Team Avid in an upcoming or current title
| WoW | WildStar | Pantheon | EQNext |

#13 Shunn

Shunn
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

DPS on the raid dummy....?  Middle dummy is meh

people claim to do 2k less than my parses of over 6k on same dummy, that means i'm doing 150% more dps than them translate that over to a higher resistance dummy same thing still applies, I will be doing 150% more dps than them still.

Enigma

#14 Xing

Xing
  • Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

people claim to do 2k less than my parses of over 6k on same dummy, that means i'm doing 150% more dps than them translate that over to a higher resistance dummy same thing still applies, I will be doing 150% more dps than them still.

Which is still just a claim because you haven't posted any parses.  MMO players are skeptical... They generally want evidence before blindly agreeing.  Your spec might be the highest DPS build, but right now, its just conjecture. 

Xing | AVID | Engineer
Join Team Avid in an upcoming or current title
| WoW | WildStar | Pantheon | EQNext |

#15 sauceror

sauceror
  • Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Some quick numbers to compare Ignite vs True Shot from a purely PvE perspective, This is assuming you have 15% CDR from amps. 

T8 Ignite (surge):

85.9% + 1797.5 (DoT total)

81.77% + 1711 (explosion)

Total: 167.67% + 3508.5 per 6 seconds

T8 Ignite (non-surged):

35.55% + 452.5 (DoT total)

33.77% + 431 (explosion)

Total: 69.32% + 883.5 per 6 seconds

Combine the two Ignites for a grand total of: 236.99% + 4392 damage every 6 seconds with T8 surged and non-surged Ignite.

T8 True Shot (surge):

97.44% + 1505 per shot for a total of 389.76% + 6020 over 4 shots on a 14 second cooldown.

If you only looked at these numbers and ignored everything else, Ignite might seem like the better choice, since it's got less than half the cooldown of True Shot yet deals more than half the damage of True Shot. However, you have to take into consideration two very important factors: Trigger Fingers and Spell Surge.

True Shot benefits from Trigger Fingers, while Ignite does not. Let's say you cast Quickdraw... 6 times every True Shot, putting the cooldown at 11 seconds. 

This means Ignite will deal 39.5% + 732 damage per second, and True Shot deals 35.43% + 1003.3 per second. Already, True Shot is the better ability.

Now, take into consideration the limiting factor of how quickly you gain Spell Surge charges. At base, it takes 15 seconds for every charge. With Critical Surge up 100% of the time, you gain a charge every ~9.4 seconds. Ignite's on a 6 second cooldown, it is literally impossible to keep a surged Ignite up 100% of the time. True Shot, on the other hand, is on a 11 second cooldown. You can Spell Surge every single True Shot. Ignite already deals less damage than True Shot assuming 100% surged Ignite uptime. With Spell Surge's limitations, Ignite falls even further behind.

One final nail in the coffin for Ignite: Rapid Fire takes priority over every other spell for Spell Surge charges (this thing does a whopping 494.4% + 201.44 damage per Surge charge with an 8 second cooldown, which is also affected by Trigger Fingers), which means you'll be even more Spell Surge starved, which means Ignite's surge uptime is even lower.

TL;DR: Ignite sucks, don't use it. 

Sauce | Avatus | Stalker

<Enigma>

#16 LittleBrownMan

LittleBrownMan
  • Members
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

Some quick numbers to compare Ignite vs True Shot from a purely PvE perspective, This is assuming you have 15% CDR from amps. 

T8 Ignite (surge):

85.9% + 1797.5 (DoT total)

81.77% + 1711 (explosion)

Total: 167.67% + 3508.5 per 6 seconds

T8 Ignite (non-surged):

35.55% + 452.5 (DoT total)

33.77% + 431 (explosion)

Total: 69.32% + 883.5 per 6 seconds

Combine the two Ignites for a grand total of: 236.99% + 4392 damage every 6 seconds with T8 surged and non-surged Ignite.

T8 True Shot (surge):

97.44% + 1505 per shot for a total of 389.76% + 6020 over 4 shots on a 14 second cooldown.

If you only looked at these numbers and ignored everything else, Ignite might seem like the better choice, since it's got less than half the cooldown of True Shot yet deals more than half the damage of True Shot. However, you have to take into consideration two very important factors: Trigger Fingers and Spell Surge.

True Shot benefits from Trigger Fingers, while Ignite does not. Let's say you cast Quickdraw... 6 times every True Shot, putting the cooldown at 11 seconds. 

This means Ignite will deal 39.5% + 732 damage per second, and True Shot deals 35.43% + 1003.3 per second. Already, True Shot is the better ability.

Now, take into consideration the limiting factor of how quickly you gain Spell Surge charges. At base, it takes 15 seconds for every charge. With Critical Surge up 100% of the time, you gain a charge every ~9.4 seconds. Ignite's on a 6 second cooldown, it is literally impossible to keep a surged Ignite up 100% of the time. True Shot, on the other hand, is on a 11 second cooldown. You can Spell Surge every single True Shot. Ignite already deals less damage than True Shot assuming 100% surged Ignite uptime. With Spell Surge's limitations, Ignite falls even further behind.

One final nail in the coffin for Ignite: Rapid Fire takes priority over every other spell for Spell Surge charges (this thing does a whopping 494.4% + 201.44 damage per Surge charge with an 8 second cooldown, which is also affected by Trigger Fingers), which means you'll be even more Spell Surge starved, which means Ignite's surge uptime is even lower.

TL;DR: Ignite sucks, don't use it. 

Do you even Math Bro!?!

Yes you do...good breakdown.

Wish I had Trigger Fingers.

Julie Bravo (Medic) Johnny Bravo (Warrior) 

The Smackdown: A Warrior Leveling Guide

#17 Aeden

Aeden
  • Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

Yeah just to clarify, I'm not calling you a liar. And if this build does work as well as you say it does, it wouldn't be the first time that a Trigger Fingers build has completely shattered others. It's incredibly hard to math out and the only real way to do so is through simulation and testing. The reason that I'm skeptical is because the highest I've seen posted since 4.0 was 4.7k and that guy was in much better gear than you and I. To say that this build is already up to 700 DPS stronger than someone with better gear and, at that time, the best rotation, definitely incites skepticism.

#18 Dalamian

Dalamian
  • Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

What are peoples opinion on Charged Shot, most of these builds I see on here it gets left out most of the time.  It seems like it could be good in a lot of these "Stand and Shoot" type builds and with a t4 upgrade you can at least cast it on the move.  It seems like it can be quite versatile and fit in most builds.

#19 Shunn

Shunn
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Charge shot t8 is really good, you could replace it with trueshot t8 and only lose 300-400 dps which is still better than any ignite build.. it allows for more mobility and t8 surge bonus makes crits go for over 20k

Enigma

#20 Rex_Marksley

Rex_Marksley
  • Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

Is rapid fire starting its cooldown at the start of tap 4 a bug? Cause if it is then you need another quick draw between TS and the second Rapid Fire to make the rotation work...... Of course if it is a bug and it does get fixed then it will probably be in the next big patch and our cooldowns are changing in that next patch so who even knows if this spec will work then.

Ok onto the main post I did lots of tricky math which is about a quarter page in length and requires another quarter page of explanation of what I'm doing. Im not gonna make a post that big.

Theres one flaw with your spec, there is no way you have enough spellpower regen to surge 3 abilities in under 20 sec. You have enough for roughly 2.
So he is correct with the AMPs and whatnot before Armor his spec does roughly (before armor)......

121475/17.05 = 7125 (no surging RF2)
124888/18.1 = 6900 (added QD to close the gap no surging RF2)
131712/18.8 = 7006 (No surge on TS to close gap)

After 20% armor the values are as followed:
100131/17.05 = 5873 (no surging RF2)
102861/18.1 = 5683 (added QD to close the gap no surging RF2)
107722/18.8 = 5730 (No surge on TS to close gap)

After 30% armor the values are as followed:
91360/17.05 = 5358 (no surging RF2)
93749/18.1 = 5180 (added QD to close the gap no surging RF2)
95628/18.8 = 5087 (no surge on TS to close gap)

These values are averages that probably have +/- 5% rounding error. And I am human so there may be a mistake or two still in my calculations despite being careful to avoid said errors.