Pergo (PvP)

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#1 Warfromabove

Warfromabove
  • Members
  • LocationOregon

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

Seriously Casual is a guild that seems like a contradiction but at its core it isn't.  We're a group of gamers that enjoy playing games but might not all have the time to dedicate to playing them as hardcore as we use to.  The essence of what Seriously Casual is about is being able to log on 3 days a week and clear content or pvp like champs.  The leadership of the guild is made of up MMO enthusiasts that have been playing together for upwards of 8 years.  We have been apart of or leadership for many high end progression kills for games from World of Warcraft (in all its expansions), Rift, FFXIV, and have participated in a multitude of games from Warhammer to Starwars to TERA.

What we can offer in a guild:

• Quality leadership that has been together for upwards of 8 years.
  • Experienced knowledgeable player base and leadership.
  • Free mumble to use for group based activities!
  • PvP as well as PvE events outside of scheduled raid content.
  • A group of people who like gaming in a drama free environment.  We loath drama so we make sure it stays on the other side of the fence.
  • Welcome both female and male applicants alike.  We do not discriminate as long as you do your job you're "A-ok" in my book!

Raid schedule:

Our current schedule that we have constructed is Monday/Wednesday/Thursday 6-10 PM PST (9-1AM EST).

Expectation for raiding and its requirements are posted on our website.  If you're interested in raiding please read those so that you know what would be expected of you should you choose to join us here at Seriously Casual.

What we're looking for:

• Currently in search of a PvP lead and additional PvP focused members.
  • Dedicated raiders and/or raiders with leadership experience to improve upon the current leadership team.
  • New blood!!

We aren't opposed to new players looking to begin a fruitful raiding career and are willing to help teach you the basics of what we believe a raider should be.  Experience is appreciated but it isn't needed.

Upgraded mumble server to handle more people!  Feel free to stop by and check in with me or the guildies.  If you're looking to use the mumble for for other reason please discuss it with Slingin or Deusmachina.

http://seriously-casual.com/

Please refer to the guild website for contact information as well as applications if you're so inclined. 

Application process is open at this time, feel free to apply regardless of your class.  We are in search of all class and specs and are in particular need of DPS Espers and Warriors.  The farther you are along on your attunement the better off you are and it will increase your chances!

• Zayveon, skullytwostars, Killabyte and 1 other like this

Seriously Casual

Guild Leader

#2 Obsolete

Obsolete
  • Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

I've been looking to find a good guild that's geared towards exactly this. I'm going to keep an eye on you guys come release and see what server you're on. I have a group of 10 or so players (been raiding with half of them in SWTOR and then FFXIV) and we're trying to decide if we want to create our own guild and partner with another guild for raids or just find a guild that suites our needs. We're used to raiding from like 9-11 CST depending on schedules. We should talk sometime.

#3 Warfromabove

Warfromabove
  • Members
  • LocationOregon

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

Sent you a message with contact information.

Seriously Casual

Guild Leader

#4 Warfromabove

Warfromabove
  • Members
  • LocationOregon

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

Still looking for more members!  Hit me up for contact information!

Seriously Casual

Guild Leader

#5 DeusBlu

DeusBlu
  • Members
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

Were still looking for serious, focused, dedicated players that want to progress and not devote their entire life to it.

It will be a hardcore style with raid spots going to the best performing players, if you can hold your own and not lose your head we want you!

Tanking your hits and saving your @ss for over 10 years!

#6 HexedGoth

HexedGoth
  • Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

This sounds like a pretty fun guild that will suit my play style since I have a 40 hour a week job the only problem would be time times you have for the raids.

I leave for work around 9:30pm EST and am not getting back till 7am.

#7 Warfromabove

Warfromabove
  • Members
  • LocationOregon

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

Even if you can't raid with us we'd welcome you into the fold.  PM me if you're interested in a spot with us.

Seriously Casual

Guild Leader

#8 HexedGoth

HexedGoth
  • Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

So it wouldn't be possible for you to shift the time back or move it to the weekend?

#9 Warfromabove

Warfromabove
  • Members
  • LocationOregon

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

No weekends aren't an option sorry.  Majority of my members are working and it leaves them to take care of other obligations so that their time during raid days may be spent doing just that.  Leaves people 3 days to party, spend time with loved ones, or take care of "honey do" lists so that they may continue their raiding habits.

Seriously Casual

Guild Leader

#10 DeusBlu

DeusBlu
  • Members
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

We always welcome casuals and there will be other events happening on weekends such as farm content, alt raids and PvP events

#11 WolfStar76

WolfStar76
  • Members
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter (aka, I'm interested in learning more).

#12 Warfromabove

Warfromabove
  • Members
  • LocationOregon

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

Sent you a PM with mumble info.  Also added it to guild post if people want to drop by.

Seriously Casual

Guild Leader

#13 DeusBlu

DeusBlu
  • Members
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

Always looking for more to swell our ranks for the levelling process!

#14 DeusBlu

DeusBlu
  • Members
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

Heres a random treat for you metal heads and a shameless plug for my buddies band.

Playing this Saturday in Vancouver BC @ The Rickshaw

http://harvesttheinf...n.bandcamp.com/

I guess that makes this shameless twice over, as its also a shameless bump for our recruitment thread!

#15 Arkkys

Arkkys
  • Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

This guild sounds like a great home for me. Could we talk sometime soon?

#16 Warfromabove

Warfromabove
  • Members
  • LocationOregon

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

I'm on right now, if I'm not around when you get on talk to Deusblu and he can give you any information you're looking for.  Leme know!

Seriously Casual

Guild Leader

#17 DeusBlu

DeusBlu
  • Members
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

Seriously Casual is still looking for mature players who want to progress and don't want to spend all day doing it.

We have had a lot of success in the past and while we may not be "#1" to kill them, we will compete and keep up to them with minimal time investment.

Expect a serious raiding environment with a casual schedule.

This does not mean you can show up when you please, it means you only have to show up 3 days instead of 5 freeing up your weekends for family time, party time, whatever it is that you wish to do on the weekends.

Some things to expect if you want to be a raider:

1. Have proper specs all the time.

2. Housing requirements for raiders to help supply matts.

3. Using proper consumables

4. PERFORM! you won't always be in the raid if you are consistently the bottom of every meter or are causing wipes.

What this means to you!

It means you can join us, show up, get the gear that will make you a bad ass without spending your entire life doing it.

It means you can rely on the fact that while your not spending all day like the "serious" guilds you will still be surrounded by competent serious individuals with the same mature mindset that you have of "I want to show up and get shit done without wasting a lot of time"

Time is valuable, aka time is MONEY!.  We all work and have jobs there are far better things we can do than wipe for hours.

If this sounds like your kind of team then WE WANT YOU! *dons an Uncle Sam outfit and sticks his finger in your face*

Outside of raid:

We still have fun! at the end of the day this is a game and were a bunch of geeks, we have the same community feel, we make the same jokes and we like to have fun.

I am a big fan of planning weekend events and look forward to organizing some World PvP as well as my always well received "Drunken Raids" on farm 20 man content.

Rules are simple: When you die, you drink.  When a boss dies, everyone drinks!

Jump in our mumble, shoot us a PM, come hang out in general, were all friendly.

*note: if you have issues working with people that do not agree with you 100% this game could be an issue for you, many current generation MMO'ers are not used to the 40 man content so members will be required to have some "thick skin"

#18 MatadorPants

MatadorPants
  • Members

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

I'm joining up with these guys as a more casual player, as I simply don't have time to commit to raiding currently. There are a lot of other ways to contribute to (and benefit from) a guild with Wildstar, so don't feel like you're not welcome if you aren't prepared to commit to raiding. 

So, if you're a hardcore raider, see the post above. If you're a more casual player, still come chat with them, as there's very likely a place and role for you.

#19 RetributionxXx

RetributionxXx
  • Members

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

Hey, you pointed me to here on Reddit. Me and my friend are very interested :-).

#20 Warfromabove

Warfromabove
  • Members
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

Hop in mumble some time tomorrow and we can chat about specifics and what we have going on.

Seriously Casual

Guild Leader

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pergo (PvP)