It's that time again! We've completed implementation on the next major patch. This is a preview of the itemization changes and updates.
As always, this is an abridged version of the upcoming itemization changes, and more in depth explanation of the exact changes will be available in the patch notes when this patch goes live.
Assorted Itemization Updates:
- Fixed several Elder Gem vendor items that cost Gold instead of Elder Gems.
- Level 50 Veteran quality Rare and Epic gear on the Elder Gem vendor now all have the correct purchase requirements. Rare quality rewards now require the achievement for killing the final boss in the Veteran dungeons. Epic quality rewards now require the achievement for getting a Gold Medal in the Veteran dungeons and adventures. The exact requirement varies from item to item.
- Grimvault Path Zone Episode Completion rewards are now all Bind on Acquire.
- Seeds have been removed from the Chest of Crafting Components rewards on Challenges.
- Assault Power and Support Power now give more stat per budget point.
- All AMPs are now categorized as, well, AMPs. They will now display that they are an AMP and for which class in their tooltips. They should also now appear in the Auction House correctly.
- New AMPs are available at various vendors and drops throughout the game.
PvP Itemization Changes:
- Loot Bags from Warplots and Halls of the Bloodsworn now have double the rewards.
- All PvP Loot Bags now have a chance to roll on the World Loot table equivalent to your level – this table has a multitude of possible rewards including imbuement items, random gear, rune fragments, class AMPs, and more.
- All PvP Loot Bags are now Soulbound.
- All money rewards have been adjusted to the average length of the PvP event. This means that Warplots and Halls of the Bloodsworn will award the most monetary rewards, then Walatiki, and lastly Arenas will award the least amount.
- Visual displays have been updated for all level 50 PvP gear. This will affect your existing items.
- All Level 50 PvP gear has had a reitemization pass. This will affect your existing items.
- The biggest change in this pass is that PvP Offense and PvP Defense will now take up 50% of the item budget for stats. PvP Offense and PvP Defense also now offer 25 stat points per budget point, up from 0.5.
- Because of the increase in budget to PvP stat, all other stats on items will decrease by between 5 and 15%; with your Primary stat being the least affected and secondary stats (such as Critical Hit) being the most affected.
- All level 50 PvP items now have both PvP Offense and PvP Defense stats. Because of this, all level 50 PvP items have had their total stat budgets slightly increased.
Esper Gear Updates:
- We ran an internal audit on all Esper healing rewards after our changes to Esper stats a few patches ago and found that many of the rewards had not yet been updated. Many Esper healing items where stated with Insight and Moxie. These items will be changed over to Insight and Finesse. There were also several areas where you could only get an Insight-Moxie Light Armor or healing Accessory reward. I’ve gone through and added new Insight-Finesse rewards to several of these rewards points.
- Runes are now sorted by Element and Tier in the UI. The new tiers of rune are Attribute, General Rune Set, Class Rune Set, Elder Rune Set, PvP Attribute and PvP Rune Set.
- Runes now respect Level and Class requirements. You will no longer be able to equip runes that are above your level or part of a class set for another class. As such, base stats for Life, Logic and Fusion runes have been lowered to a level required of 15.
- Protect Your Neck, Preservation, Team Player, Focus Regen, Shield Specialist, Assassin, Spellweaver, Weapon Specialist, and Technophile Rune Sets now have a third bonus available at 12 runes.
- Rune Fragment drop rates have been increased for both Salvaging and the Chest of Crafting Components loot bag from Challenges.
- Rune Fragments, Intricate Fragments and Armor Fragments will also continue to appear in higher level Chest of Crafting Components rewards.
- Runes are no longer divided by Primary, Secondary and Tertiary. All runes will give their full benefits. This will affect your existing slotted runes. If you had a Secondary or Tertiary Rune slotted into your armor or weapon, it should now give more stat bonus.
- Life, Logic and Fusion Rune Slots now appear on items beginning at level 15 instead of 45 at a low rate. Because of this change, several Life, Logic and Fusion Rune recipes have had their materials changed to give players options for creating Runes for these slots.
- The early level Rune Sets now all use one unified Rune Set Fragment for crafting instead of having individual Rune Set Fragments for each individual set. This new fragment is called the Augmented Rune Fragment. The old set fragments will no longer be used after this change.
- The Class Rune Sets now use one Rune Set Fragment per class instead of having individual Rune Set Fragments for each individual set. The old set fragments will no longer be used after this change.
- We have added several PvP runes.
- PvP Offense runes now appear under Fire, Air, and Fusion
- PvP Defense runes now appear under Earth, Water, Life, Logic and Fusion
- There are new PvP Class Rune Sets!
- There is a new Rune Fragment – Fragment of the Gladiator – available for purchase at the PvP vendors. This is used to craft the above PvP rune sets. This fragment also has a chance to drop from the PvP loot bags at the end of each PvP match.
- All of the above mentioned Runes have new crafting recipes located under the PvP section of the Runecrafting window.