• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeret

Kaeret
  • Members
  • LocationIn a garden...

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

POPULAR

Whether you are new to the game or have been lucky enough to have been playing for a while, at some point in your journey through Nexus you will acquire a home. Then you are going to want to fill it up with all the goodies you have found, crafted, bought, etc. The game already comes with an enormous amount of pre-made decor, with varying themes (i.e. gothic, mechanical, traditional) and you will likely find something to suit your tastes. From chairs to desks to statues to kitchenware, almost anything you can imagine, WildStar has......almost.

Some of us have taken up the fun hobby of what we call Custom-Built Decorations, in that we take existing items (not just building block decor) and put them together in such a way as to create something new and unique. From grand staircases to refrigerators to musical instruments, we have players continually stretching their imagination to add another dimension to the housing experience.

If you are someone looking for inspiration, this is the place for you. Browse the work of others, leave your comments/suggestions/requests.

If you too are an avid Custom-Builder, please feel free to share pictures of your unique creations with us. We'd love to see them!

I'll start the ball rolling with a few of my own: (update: added aquarium, pool table and refrigerator)

wildstareaselpaints_zpsf226f88a.jpg
Easel with in-progress painting, brush and palette with paints: The easel itself is just wooden 2x4's. The canvas is a travel poster. The "painting" is made up from pillows, a plate and a window. The paints on the palette are just different colored bottles. The brush is simply a mop. XD The main difficulty I had was finding "painting" items that weren't so "thick" as to poke out the back of the "canvas". I still ended up having bits of things showing up where I didn't want them (you can see a faint outline of the window frame around the "flower", for example, but I think all in all, it turned out pretty decent. This kind of custom-built item might be useful for someone that wants to make an art studio or just wants a nice little extra for their basic home.

wildstartrainfront_zps10376765.jpg
wildstartrainside_zps61a2c3f6.jpg
Train in yard, as seen from the front (and the side):This was just a quickly put together little (and very simple) project of mine, mostly because I was bored. The reason the track is incomplete is because I hit the item limit. XD Some of the items used for this include a chimney, cardboard boxes, grate shelving, windows, plates, etc. With there being plenty of mechanical items in-game, I'm very certain someone could come up with a much more realistic looking train than this, but if you don't mind the "kiddy" look, this might be something you could try.

wildstarpiano_zpsf0b2343a.jpg

Piano: a combination of wooden 2x4's mostly. Some striped pillows thrown in, just so, A few extra touches like the "sheet music" (which is just an open book), a bench and candles to set the mood and voila! If I attempt one of these again, I will try to do one with an open top and go "pro". XD

aquarium2_zps2de77a7c.jpg

Aquarium: I don't know why but the first time I laid eyes on the Marauder Display decor item, all I saw was an aquarium, so I decided to set it up like one. Nearly every time I decorate a new house, I have to put one together, each being slightly different from the last. This particular one is basically just the display screen combines with various grasses and flowers, a rolled up bandit sleeping bag and a plushie Sunfish.

pooltable1_zps475a75d3.jpg

pooltable2_zpsf2e45779.jpg

Pool Table (couple of shots): This was inspired by the one Nashor has in his bar-house. It is basically a table with metal-edged wood planks, phials (upside down) for the balls, the soccer ball decor for the cue ball, draken totems for the cue sticks and judge hats for the holes.

refrigerator_zpsd8abfcb5.jpg

Old Refrigerator: This is obviously one of my earlier creations, watermarked and all, found while clearing out my screenshot clutter. XD I've seen way better fridges than this, more futuristic looking too, but well...I went "traditional". :P Just some mattresses thrown together with I believe was an airtight container for the refrigeration unit on top and some paper scraps to decorate the front, along with a hanging wire for the handle to the door. (yes, that is a giant toast clock in the background there. :D Always time for toast!)

Edited by Kaeret, 25 March 2014 - 11:20 AM.

• Tinfix, Blimington, Roda and 28 others like this

#2 Smedmann

Smedmann
  • Members
  • LocationNorway, Bergen

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

omg! that train is awesome! :D This housing system just give too many possibilities! x)

keep up the good work!

Nexus here i come! *Woob Woob - Medic heals!*

#3 Statics

Statics
  • Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

This thread will be bookmarked from my side, i think we will see some awesome housing artwork here in the future! :) gj btw!

• Doomkitty13 likes this

#4 Kaeret

Kaeret
  • Members
  • LocationIn a garden...

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

Thanks guys. :)

Added my piano to the lead post.

Hoping Nickleyo drops in and gives links to the drum set and guitar they made.

Like you, I'm looking forward to seeing what pops up next!

#5 Nickleyo

Nickleyo
  • Members
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

Guitar

Made from 2 Portrait of a Sad Face stuck front-to-front. 1 Judge's Hat for the guitar hole (you're looking at the top of the hat, the brim is inside the paintings). 1 2x4 for the neck, and 1 Golden Chest (Wooden Handles) for the head.

Drum Set 1

Drum Set 2

The bass drum is the one you buy from the vendor (25 gold). The hi-hat is a mop and two plates. The snare is an Ikthian Crabcrawler Table. The sticks are 2 2x4s. The floor tom is a bucket with an Aurin window on top.

No doubt people will come up with more creative solutions to the drum set, this is just what I put together on a short notice.

I'll upload my ping-pong table on Sunday.

• ZiddersRoofurry likes this

Nickleyo [Exile] Stardust Guild

#6 Kaeret

Kaeret
  • Members
  • LocationIn a garden...

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

Look forward to seeing the ping-pong table, Nick. :)

I updated my original post with some shots of my pool table and aquarium.

#7 Poeas

Poeas
  • Members
  • LocationAlgoroc

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

Pool Table (couple of shots): This was inspired by the one Nashor has in his bar-house. It is basically a table with metal-edged wood planks, phials (upside down) for the balls, the soccer ball decor for the cue ball, draken totems for the cue sticks and judge hats for the holes.

Just a better pool table in case you want to get inspired~ (yours is okay too Kaeret!)

• 1 Exile Table (base)
  • 6 Tiny Chua Cups (flipped upside down - holes)
  • 2 Mops (sticks
  • 1 Pumera Pelt Rug (because it looks damn cool!)
  • Plenty of Tall Phials (add as many as you want - upside down!)
  • 1 Sport Sphere (variety to pool table balls)
  • 1 Massive Occular Sphere (variety to pool table balls)
  • 1 Stack of Plastic Coins (who doesn't place bets on a pool table?!)
  • 3 Wooden 2x4 (triangular ball frame)
  • 1 Modern Keypad (we are in the future - you don't "just" start a game without a control pad!)
  • 1 Can of Beer (makes pool table look more trashed "Buuuurp")
  • 1 Tablet Computer (makes it pool table more trashed "I won! Recount!")
  • 1 Space Rapier (or whatever is it called "You won the game, but you'll lose your life!")

TY4iqIv.png

2E02Dup.png

mSUXlrX.png

• Blimington, Arien Raine, Withers and 5 others like this

Let's become Neighbours! Find me as Aren Rose, Wilson Rose, Jaymes Rose or Poeas Lighthammer

_______________EU's 1st place winner in Jack Shade's House of Haunts Contest!_______________

Here's my Deviantart and my Tumblr! Make sure to have a look! I also do in-game commissions for in-game gold!

#8 Blimington

Blimington
  • Members
  • LocationCanadurr

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Oh my god you people are amazing.

• GummiBear likes this

BonQuiQUi - Granok Medic (Stormtalon Server)

#9 Kaeret

Kaeret
  • Members
  • LocationIn a garden...

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

Found another screenshot in my mess of screenies....in desperate need of spring cleaning for certain. Anyways, refrigerator added to lead post now!

#10 Blimington

Blimington
  • Members
  • LocationCanadurr

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

*takes notes vigorously*

BonQuiQUi - Granok Medic (Stormtalon Server)

#11 Twisted_Raehne

Twisted_Raehne
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

That fish tank is awesome! I'm going to have to make one this weekend, hehe. Where did you get that fish plushie?

Raehne Corindale - Exile Medic | Raekharski Corindale - Exile Warrior

Black Dagger Society

#12 Kaeret

Kaeret
  • Members
  • LocationIn a garden...

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:55 AM

That fish tank is awesome! I'm going to have to make one this weekend, hehe. Where did you get that fish plushie?

Was a gift from a fellow housing aficionado. I asked him where it came from (so as to hopefully obtain it myself later when the game goes live), but unfortunately he did not recall where he'd picked it up, so presumably it was a random drop from some lovely creature.

Perhaps another could give us both a specific (or even general) local? *pokes others* ;)

#13 Twisted_Raehne

Twisted_Raehne
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:27 AM

How nice of them!

Hmm, I may need to visit all the vendors that I can and see if it's listed or I will have to go kill lots of fishies in the world to see if one drops...

Raehne Corindale - Exile Medic | Raekharski Corindale - Exile Warrior

Black Dagger Society

#14 Kaeret

Kaeret
  • Members
  • LocationIn a garden...

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:32 AM

I haven't visited all the vendors, I'm sure, but so far the only ones I've spotted that can be purchased are the carrot, pink lopp and the freebot. If you do find the fish at a vendor (or from a specific type of mob), please to let us know! :)

#15 Nickleyo

Nickleyo
  • Members
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

Ping Pong Table

Table_tennis_2.jpg

Table_tennis_1.jpg

• Gore, zombiechan, Jexyss and 1 other like this

Nickleyo [Exile] Stardust Guild

#16 Kaeret

Kaeret
  • Members
  • LocationIn a garden...

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:15 AM

Haha, nice use of the fencing, Nick. :D

Gotta comment on the sleeves of that guy though....they look like toiler paper rolls. o.O I assume it's meant to be more like fur or something? XD

#17 Aalaylia

Aalaylia
  • Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

Those are some sweet pool tables. I am really looking forward to mucking around with all the props too. Just three more levels!

As a sidenote, Kaeret, are you a dimensionerd from Rift?

#18 Kaeret

Kaeret
  • Members
  • LocationIn a garden...

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

Those are some sweet pool tables. I am really looking forward to mucking around with all the props too. Just three more levels!

As a sidenote, Kaeret, are you a dimensionerd from Rift?

No. I only played Rift beta for like....a few days I think. I didn't really enjoy the look of it and such and so never took it further than those first few intro levels. I didn't even know they had a form of player housing till a while after I got into WildStar. I hear many folks comparing the two systems quite often.

This would be my first experience with housing of any sort, and gotta say, it's been a blast.

#19 LlamaButtons

LlamaButtons
  • Members
  • LocationNorth West - USA

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

Oh wow!!! Love how imaginative people have been. This is just awesome. 

#20 Poeas

Poeas
  • Members
  • LocationAlgoroc

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:56 AM

Oh wow, been a busy week - barely got to play but I started remodeling my house into a granok alehouse - I've pretty much done a custom exterior addition at the moment (think of an exterior granok bar pertty much), which I will post once I am able to get in the game again :D

Let's become Neighbours! Find me as Aren Rose, Wilson Rose, Jaymes Rose or Poeas Lighthammer

_______________EU's 1st place winner in Jack Shade's House of Haunts Contest!_______________

Here's my Deviantart and my Tumblr! Make sure to have a look! I also do in-game commissions for in-game gold!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Housing, Custom, Decor