Photo

Failed to connect to patch server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
266 replies to this topic

#1 eastang

eastang
  • Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:46 AM

I am having issues with Failed to connect to patch server even after I tried clearing the cache. Is there any other options that might work?
Please help thanks

#2 Kage77

Kage77
  • Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

POPULAR

Click Start > type cmd in search programs

Right click "run as administrator"

Type "ipconfig/flushdns" without the quotes

• Mavaho, Migzzz, Tehni and 29 others like this

#3 RatZ1LLa

RatZ1LLa
  • Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

Did you run the client as an administrator? Right click Wildstar app and select that.

#4 Amosha

Amosha
  • Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

I have the same problem(((

I did what u said but it didn't help.

#5 ShiokLah

ShiokLah
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:58 AM

This just to work around not able to connect to patch server.

So far many who have encounter the issue have successfully patch after using VPN.

Now if you have your VPN software and connection.  Activate the VPN and patch up.

If however you do not have VPN, you can go and download one of those free VPN server like this one http://www.vpngate.n...n/download.aspx or http://www.hotspotshield.com/

For Vpngate VPN, download and install.  Then connect to any of the free VPN server listed in US.  Then patch up your Wildstar.

You can follow any of the tutorial in youtube of how to install and connect VPN here https://www.youtube....ry=vpngate&sm=3

Step by step instruction here http://www.vpngate.n...to_openvpn.aspx

VPN is Virtual Private Network.  If you VPN/connect to NA server, your pc virtually be in NA thus bypassing all the issue to connect to Wildstar patch server.

After you are patch up, you probably don't need to use/connect to VPN again as the Login and game servers are different.

There is no guarantee that you "don't" have issue connecting to "login" and "game servers".  If you have issue with login and game server this will at least allow you to play Wildstar until they resolve the issue.

Btw, those website that you cannot access from oversea like hulu.com ... you can access them now ;-)

Remember to submit ticket to http://support.wildstar-online.com/  You do want them to eventually fix the issue.

Some of other suggested solutions:

Change your DNS servers.  Can try google dns server 8.8.8.8  and 8.8.4.4    (remember to    ipconfig /flushdns  after you change your dns, some restart PC after dns change to fix issue instead of just  "ipconfig /flushdns")

In elevated cmd type    ipconfig /flushdns   

Create a wildstar.exe shortcut with similar entry     wildstar.exe -retries 99

Go to     %localappdata%\NCSOFT\Wildstar     and delete Machine.ini 

Go to     %appdata%\NCSOFT\Wildstar     and delete all the folder and files inside (your addon is in this folder back them up)
Now try run Wildstar to patch up again.

I have help several people with patch issue, so far only the VPN solve their patch issue.

Total new download from scratch is about 17GB.  So don't wait too long to VPN up if all other method fail.

Note this also

HI THERE

Adding line 

174.35.37.197 wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com.cdngc.net
174.35.37.197 wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com

into windows/system32/etc/hosts will SOLVE patcher problem!

Guide: 1) open notepad with admin priority 2)in notepad open windows/system32/etc/hosts file 3) add 2 lines above 4)save 5)??? 6) PROFIT
Ps: I think that problem is on NCsoft DNS. idnno about ingame DNS leasing, but patcher works fine (you doesnt need to VPNing, deleteng, rebooting or doing somth like that.

Moscow, Russia. Kisses.

• L7xLoTek, Whirl-Wire, Buratino and 6 others like this

#6 Aquavitae

Aquavitae
  • Members
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

Same problem. connecting from UK.

Done all sorts of voodoo on CMD, reseting router, running as an admin with the -retries99 tag.

Failed to connect to patch server still popping up like an ugly ooze monster.

Beginning to give up on this weekend, my internets not fast enough to be able to download the likely large amount of files required to play, in time.

• Joel197 likes this

#7 Camzilla

Camzilla
  • Members
  • LocationToblerone Peak

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

POPULAR

Just managed to do it with the said command.

Either type cmd in the search field or go Start - All Programs - Accessories - Command Prompt. Type ipconfig/flushdns - hit Enter.

Right click on the Wildstar Program Icon - Run as Administrator.

Read and Click "I agree"

Update working
  • bg1054, LadyMorgwen, user234123 and 13 others like this

#8 Elderscrollian

Elderscrollian
  • Members
  • LocationThe Green and Pleasant Land

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

I had the same problem yesterday (connecting from UK)  I spent hours back and forth with Support, flushed DNS, had me send them dxdiags and hijackthis logs in case anything was hijacking the connection..  we never did get to the bottom of the issue but a few hours after it started worked and the game installed.patched just fine.  So either they did something with the patcher/download servers or whatever the issue was resolved itself.  It could possibly have been purely down to the amount of people trying to patch.download at the time I'd guess but I couldn't say for sure.

At any rate may be worth trying it again last thing and seeing if it works then.  If not then you'll need to log a support ticket.

flushingDNS works for some not for others.

Many PC's or laptops generally only have one account so should be running anything as administrator by default  but if not then as others have said try running the wildstar.exe as administrator (right click it, properties, coompatability tab then run as administrator). but again that didn't seem to resolve much for most folks with the issue.

Elderscrollian

"Et Semmel Emissum Volat Irevocabile Verbum".

#9 Aquavitae

Aquavitae
  • Members
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:25 AM

This just to work around not able to connect to patch server.

So far many who have encounter the issue have successfully patch after using VPN.

Now if you have your VPN software and connection.  Activate the VPN and patch up.

If however you do not have VPN, you can go and download one of those free VPN server like this one http://www.vpngate.n...n/download.aspx

For Vpngate VPN, download and install.  Then connect to any of the free VPN server listed in US.  Then patch up your Wildstar.

You can follow any of the tutorial in youtube of how to install and connect VPN here https://www.youtube....ry=vpngate&sm=3

Step by step instruction here http://www.vpngate.n...to_openvpn.aspx

You're a lifesaver. UK people in trouble? Do this.

Edit: Okay well the 'agreement' popped up for me which was a marked improvement, but then it failed once more.
Rapidly loosing patience with this whole ordeal.

• Kizira likes this

#10 CRB_Sunshine

CRB_Sunshine

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Hello Everyone - 

If you're having problems, please follow these instructions here. If you continue to have difficulties, open a ticket and Customer Service can give you some help. 

#11 Adoric

Adoric
  • Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Hey all,

We are looking into the cause of this issue now. To help us in investigating this issue, can I get everyone to list where they are currently located?

Thanks!

#12 Mrs.Smith

Mrs.Smith
  • Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

Iff you play from laptop wireless, tray to connect with cable. sometimes the packets what you transfer from wireless is to low to transfer.. hope it helps

#13 Aquavitae

Aquavitae
  • Members
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

Hello Everyone - 

If you're having problems, please follow these instructions here. If you continue to have difficulties, open a ticket and Customer Service can give you some help. 

Not being funny... but most of us have gone through these steps multiple times last night, and many of my friends have informed me that customer service has little clue what the matter is either, I appreciate it's your job to make sure the simplest of instructions are met, but this is a bigger problem than resetting the DNS server address and making sure Microsoft isn't playing big brother on an application file.

So far I've found it impossible on UK line to download the patch files, and I'm resorting to filtering through a VPN to make it work. Which is working for about 5 minutes before informing me that it's failed once more. And then I have to cleanse the line once more to get another 5 minutes of download time which is just not going to fly.

...Not the best experience with a launcher I've ever had. You've yet to topple the first incarnation of the Global version of MapleStory but...this is a little baffling.

@Adoric: UK - England Specifically

#14 Rizzy

Rizzy
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

I'm in Vermont, US

• Azungar likes this

#15 Vici

Vici
  • Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

Tried a lot of stuffs...including the ones you just linked Cerridwenn :)

But the only thing that worked for me right now is VPN

I hope I can play this game without VPN, because right now I can't start the launcher without it.

I'm from South East Asia, Indonesia to be exact

#16 Schwipp

Schwipp
  • Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

I'm running into the same issue, tried flushing the dns and running wildstar as admin, reset my router and using a vpn. I'm from Australia.

#17 Socke

Socke
  • Members
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:42 AM

I'm in Düsseldorf, Germany

EU-Jabbit - <Mystery> (15/15 DS) - Dominion

Socke BOOM - Slinger Socke - Stalker Socke - Totale Zerstörung

#18 Adoric

Adoric
  • Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:43 AM

Second question! For those of you that are trying the VPN, has this NOT worked for anyone yet?

@Rizzy

Can you submit a ticket to support, there are some additional things I would like my guys to take a look at.

#19 melcalizar

melcalizar
  • Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

It is happening to me. Brisbane, Australia

#20 Natiliox

Natiliox
  • Members
  • LocationHolland

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

I downloaded hotspotshield http://www.hotspotshield.com/, VPN service without the difficult stuff. This worked for me :D

• Rakkanaru and mspikpa like this

Call of Duty...? I play MMO!