Photo

New Player Perspective: Game Feels Cluttered

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Skardy

Skardy
  • Members

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

I want to like this game but I cant get past feeling like my UI is cluttered and clunky.

Cons:

-My first 10 lvls have been very jarring, I briefly tried to pay attention to the quest windows that pop up but ultimately gave up and simply relied on navigating w/ the maps and looking out for the yellow [!] over the mobs. W/O any context from the quest and simply progressing thru by following this method I felt like I was being shepherded throughout my experience, which culled my sense of exploration.

-The game is too easy, at lvl 10 I'm pulling the entire room and AoEing them down. There is no fear of failure and no desire to theory craft a build that will allow me to challenge and explore Nexus.This in turn makes acquiring new gear meaningless, other than fashion. I don't know if that changes later in the game/end game, but I feel like this should be true for the entire experience of this game beginning to end. Its a hostile new planet after all. By making it brain dead easy there is no desire to seek out other players or simply think up a strong rotation and strategize your mob pulls. Also the UI is clunky, I'm just a simple gamer so I have no suggestion on how to improve it, but I've played enough games to know that this is the weakest feature of this game.

-Hate the telegraph system... honestly you've taken a side feature that most games implement into their content and made it a core mechanic to your game, Why. On top of things being already too easy, now I get a lovely red telegraph telling me exactly where my mob is going to strike w/ a million year warning(j/k) before it does strike. 

Pros:

-The game environment is beautiful.

-Love the character animations.

-Love the way each map(so far) is designed, I especially like that it doesn't seem(so far) littered w/ meaningless mobs and npc just to fluff up the game.

-Each mob seems to fit into the environment (except for towns they feel cluttered, maybe its the icons everywhere).  

Anyway I'll keep trying, but I thought I'd leave some new player feedback before I progress any further. Like I said, I want to like this game.

#2 beattlebilly

beattlebilly
  • Members
  • LocationI'm female, despite what you assume from my UserID.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:47 AM

Yes, the beginning game is meh and easy, but stick with it if you're having fun regardless :D  Welcome to the game :)

Bless your heart!

Entity Server

Doc Saunders, Dom Medic.  Momma Naitrix, Dom Stalker.  Elle Vyra, Dom Esper.  Sick Bubblegum, Mordesh Warrior.  Philly Derringer, Dom 'Slinger.  Whiskey Dahl, Exile Medic.  Shayde Facilier, Exile Esper.  Contagion Mary, Mordesh Stalker.  Alexis Nexus, Aurin 'Slinger.  Thunder Furry, Chua Warrior.

#3 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

-Hate the telegraph system... honestly you've taken a side feature that most games implement into their content and made it a core mechanic to your game, Why. On top of things being already too easy, now I get a lovely red telegraph telling me exactly where my mob is going to strike w/ a million year warning(j/k) before it does strike. 

Try some raids and higher prime dungeons before judging that telegraph system makes the game easier. It's actually make it harder, because of more complex boss attack possible to be implemented, that are still fair and clear for players, but would be literally impossible to avoid (so not fun) without telegraph system. Here dev comment about it in context of raids: https://youtu.be/YbItL4qcugk