74 replies to this topic

#1 Conguero

Conguero

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

Update: October 20, 2017

Hello all,

We're in the process of deploying an update to the 1.7.4 PTR. There aren't any noteworthy changes in this latest build, as the primary purpose for today's release is to integrate Prime Genetic Archives with the rest of the game updates being made in 1.7.4. Essentially we're putting the first true 1.7.4 game build on PTR. Note also—in case you come across any bugs in the new build that have already been reported—we've been collecting your bug reports and working to address several of them, however, those fixes will be coming in a later PTR update.

And don't forget! October 20–22 is your last chance to take part in the Prime Focus Test Weekends! You'll earn the Fancy Pants Top Hat for meeting the Prime Dungeon/Expedition criteria, and blue Uniblade mount for Prime Genetic Archives. Prime Focus Test Weekend is in effect on PTR now and will last until 11:59pm PDT Sunday, October 22. See my previous post for full reward criteria.

Thank you!

--

Original Post: October 5, 2017

The PTR has returned and game update 1.7.4 testing is underway! Below are the key features for this update that are available for testing. We'd love to get feedback on your experiences with this content as well as any bug reports you can supply.

• Prime Instances
    • The Prime Level cap on all Dungeons and Expeditions has been raised to 15.
      • ​The base item level at Prime Level 15 is 145 for Dungeons and 130 for Expeditions.
      • Known Issue: The Gauntlet Expedition is still capped at Prime Level 12 in the initial test build and will be raised in the next PTR update.
    • Raids
      • Genetic Archives Prime Level 1 is open for seasoned raiders looking for an additional challenge.
        • The base item level is 155.
        • The global item level cap has been increased to 170.
        • Item rewards from existing Genetic Archives lockboxes and armor imprints now scale according to Prime Level.
        • Imprints can be turned in at the imprint vendor in exchange for scaled gear.
        • A new type of collection material has been added to Prime content in two qualities: Mutagenic Diagrams and Greater Mutagenic Diagrams. These diagrams can be turned into Decrypter Esco for runes.
          • Decrypter Esco can be found at Conqueror's Square in Illium and Champion's Corner in Thayd.
    • Dungeons
      • Protogames Academy is now available on Prime difficulty up to level 15.
    • Expeditions
      • Infestation is now available on Prime difficulty up to level 15.
      • Space Madness is now available on Prime difficulty up to level 15.

We recognize that testing Prime content takes a good deal of extra effort to assemble capable groups, and this is especially true for testing raid content. With that in mind, and to show our appreciation to the folks who help us test 1.7.4 content, we're offering reward incentives that we hope you'll find enticing! If you plan to pursue these rewards, be sure to read the below info carefully to ensure that you meet the qualifications.

Prime Focus Test Weekends

• October 13–15
  • October 20–22

Prime Focus Test Weekends officially begin at 12am PDT each Friday and end at 11:59pm PDT each Sunday. During these times you'll qualify for rewards by spending at least one hour playing through content for one or more of the following:

• Reward: Fancy Pants Top Hat
    • Expeditions
      • Infestation or Space Madness at any Prime Level
      • Any Prime Expedition at new tiers 13–15
    • Dungeons
      • Protogames Academy at any Prime Level
      • Any Prime Dungeon at new tiers 13–15
  • Reward: Uniblade (Blue) Mount
    • Raids
      • Prime Genetic Archives with a full raid group

The Fancy Pants Top Hat will unlock in the Holo-Wardrobe for all characters on your account, whereas the Uniblade mount is the character version.

In addition to playing through 1.7.4 content and hunting down these rewards during the focus test weekends, we encourage you to share feedback with us about your experience!

Prime Genetic Archives Testing
If there are any guilds or raid groups planning to take Prime Genetic Archives for a spin, please reply to this thread and let us know your testing schedule. As with previous PTR raid tests, we'd like to be able to dedicate someone on our end to observing your progress and looking out for any dungeon funkiness. Business hours on weekdays are ideal for us, so if you're gunning for the blue Uniblade the best times would be anywhere between 9am and 6pm PDT on Friday, October 13 or Friday, October 20.

Please enjoy your time on the 1.7.4 PTR. We look forward to bringing this update to live realms in the near future!

Cheers,

Team WildStar

The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalyn Carter.

Twitter@talkingcongas

#2 Benirons

Benirons
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

Im trying to hop onto the PTR. It says no realms r available. 3:54pm est. 

Edited by Benirons, 05 October 2017 - 11:55 AM.

#3 Kelzam Duskthorn

Kelzam Duskthorn
  • Members
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

Pretty upsetting that one of the last remaining exclusive special items some of us had is just being handed out willy-nilly like everything else that was ever anything special has been. Really wears on one's confidence that anything special they have will remain special.

Housing Contests: ThaydFest I: Most Unique // Lifestyles 2: Best Exterior // WildStar Core Wintefest 2014 // Crimson Cross (RIP) Winterfest 2014 Best Overall // ThaydFest II Best Overall

About Me: 6/6 GA, 9/9 DS <Drow> (RIP); 7/7 RMT <The Flying Pandas>; WildStar-Core.com (RIP) Content WriterTwitter: @kelzamgaming; Tumblr: kelzamgaming; Twitch: KelzamGames;
Check out my guides and content at QueueTimes.com! Fresh Level 50 Player Guide: tinyurl.com/wsfresh50guide

#4 Conguero

Conguero

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:22 PM

Im trying to hop onto the PTR. It says no realms r available. 3:54pm est. 

There's been a slight delay in the process to bring them online. We're hoping to have PTR live within the next hour. I'll update this thread to confirm when it's up. :)

The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalyn Carter.

Twitter@talkingcongas

#5 Benirons

Benirons
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

There's been a slight delay in the process to bring them online. We're hoping to have PTR live within the next hour. I'll update this thread to confirm when it's up. :)

Awesome ty! Looking forward to trying out the new prime content :)

#6 Roda

Roda
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

AAAAAAH THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!
AT LAST, A WAY TO GET THE FANCY PANTS HAT WITHOUT FLYING TO EUROPE! <3

#7 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

Any chance of adding [Eldan Leadership Talisman] as a rare drop (like Elden Gauntlets in any primes) to P15 dungeons? Fully imbued ilvl 130 pinkies are comparable to ilvl 145 weapons, so it will be not unbalanced to have those there, especially with a lot extra effort needed to imbue those. Could you consider this idea, please?

It would help too for having more DS runs if that would be the case, because people will be running those to imbue pinkies :) With current drops from prime dungeons and expeditions (and even better after P15 will hit Live) there's almost no point of doing DS for gear updates, besides very low chance of 1 pinky for the whole raid. So, only good stuff from it.

Edited by keyvis, 05 October 2017 - 02:52 PM.

• ori1535 likes this

#8 WANDALIUS

WANDALIUS
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:54 PM

First some questions, then some criticism.

How is PTR base ilvl for dungs and expeds work? Because on live it is i130 on P10 and i125 on P12 respectively. So with P15 they should give i155 and i140 respectively. I guess it will be max base ilvl on P13 for expeditions and P13 on dungeons?

With above in mind. Your approach to loot in terms of reward and player engagement vs difficulty and time consumed is just terrible and shows you don't care or don't know your own game.
I agree there should be 10 ilvl base difference between dungs and raids. Any higher would just make dungeons roll too RNG, any lower and raids are just not worth effort. But that difference solves only few problems with low roll chance on raids.

Raids
I see two solutions:

• Increase roll chance on raids. I believe current is 24%/5ilvls = 1.3824%/15ilvls, should be 35-40%/5ilvls = 4.29-6.4%/15ilvls - and that should apply only for raids.
  • Make it so base ilvl for GA is 155, but highest roll globally is 165, not 170 - that way chance for highest ilvl (165) would be 5.76%

To justify that increase just look at numbers for raid i145 items on live servers. After 2 months of clearing RMT 2-3 times/week I have 3xi145 (and putting aside one item, rest is with ones nobody really needs) from raid across all my characters and I saw maybe 6-7 i150 drops. Whereas I have 6 i150s from dung/exped and 8 i145s and probably 4x that dropped with me in group. In fact I traded away i150 head and 2x145 WA, as I had them already.

Expeditions
As for expeditions, they are not really much easier than dungeons. Only differences are time and that you can do them alone.
That being said fastest expedition is ~6min, fastest dungeon ~18min (both on gold). Expedition can drop up to 3 items, usually it is just one. Dungeon can drop 1 item from each boss/mini, for each player + 3 for gold medal. To have (in theory) same chance for max ilvl on expedition (compared to dungeon) you need to do it a bit more than 4x (without taking into account dung will drop 3-4x more items on average).
With locking expeditions so much lower, you are just destroying that content.

I was rather unhappy with bringing up dungeons closer to raid, but having expeditions only 5 ilvls behind dungs is completely reasonable and even desirable. Add to above low population, that just don't allow you doing every type of content at any hour. Enough to say that I was trying to gather group after 3 PM CEST on EU server (maybe not prime time, but not hour you would expect game to be deserted) after 27 mins without finding 4 (FOUR!) other players, I resigned and did expedition instead (I know 2 other players from same group did exactly same), with expeditions locked so much lower, there is 0 reason to do it, so reasonable decision is to log off, play another game and make next player having exact same issues, making him log off and go play another game. Honestly with old high scale system for highest prime expedition prime, one could argue if base ilvl shouldn't be same as on dung.

Edited by WANDALIUS, 05 October 2017 - 02:56 PM.

#9 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

As for expeditions, they are not really much easier than dungeons. Only differences are time and that you can do them alone.

Expeditions are A LOT easier than dungeons. Most of the players (even with not that high heroism) can clear P12 expeditions without any problems getting a Gold medal there too. I was in P9 SSM yesterday, with 2 players 7/7 RMT, and 2 players 5/7 RMT. everyone over recommended heroism level and good gear. We were wiping a lot, and finished it after 1h 20min, or something like that, and only because I could solo DPS last boss with tank and healer alive. If there would be real DPS check on the last boss there it would most likely take a lot longer. Of course not even Bronze medal after this run, and we were aiming for Silver/Gold... so with doing optional challenges ;)

Edited by keyvis, 05 October 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#10 Wongnim

Wongnim
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

Any chance of adding [Eldan Leadership Talisman] as a rare drop (like Elden Gauntlets in any primes) to P15 dungeons? Fully imbued ilvl 130 pinkies are comparable to ilvl 145 weapons, so it will be not unbalanced to have those there, especially with a lot extra effort needed to imbue those. Could you consider this idea, please?

It would help too for having more DS runs if that would be the case, because people will be running those to imbue pinkies :) With current drops from prime dungeons and expeditions (and even better after P15 will hit Live) there's almost no point of doing DS for gear updates, besides very low chance of 1 pinky for the whole raid. So, only good stuff from it.

I highly disagree with this idea.

#11 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

I highly disagree with this idea.

Why? I see only good things coming from it. Could you share more details why you don't like it?

Edited by keyvis, 05 October 2017 - 03:05 PM.

#12 Dainjre

Dainjre
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

Why do we have to prime things up :/

#13 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

Why do we have to prime things up :/

I have PTR character (/w Prime Alice) with P13 STL unlocked, if you want to try it.

#14 Ethaw

Ethaw
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:26 PM

Could you add the GA prime content to the bev'o'loot vendor as well as the mutagenic diagrams so we can actually test something ?

Also, I can't find a npc to trade potential ga prime tokens as well.

Ethawen Moonlight / Etsy L / Ellone V / Izan V,   @Bloodpact (EU)

#15 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

How is PTR base ilvl for dungs and expeds work? Because on live it is i130 on P10 and i125 on P12 respectively. So with P15 they should give i155 and i140 respectively. I guess it will be max base ilvl on P13 for expeditions and P13 on dungeons?

In P13 dungeons base ilvl is 145.

#16 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:38 PM

Could you add the GA prime content to the bev'o'loot vendor as well as the mutagenic diagrams so we can actually test something ?

Also, I can't find a npc to trade potential ga prime tokens as well.

Just buy ilvl 100 package and open it in P1 GA.

It's the same vendor as for P0 GA tokens, tokens just have ilvl now, and can be traded for scaled gear.

Edited by keyvis, 05 October 2017 - 04:30 PM.

#17 tacomel

tacomel
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

Can you provide the strikethrough and critical mitigation goals/caps for the P1 GA encounters as you have in the past releases so we can do proper testing?

• Roda, keyvis and ori1535 like this

#18 ori1535

ori1535
  • Members

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:03 AM

nice changes coming :D

just wanted to add, since PTR testing for a new raid is up, some classes REALLY need some minor changes. im not talking about matrix abilities, bug fixes of abilities, pvp or class balance. those are very important too, but some classes are in a real bad state right now..

im talking about stalker tank and slinger dps ofcrs, more info here:

stalker tank: https://forums.wilds...o-make-it-work/

slinger dps: https://forums.wilds...l-2017-edition/

if those changes werent needed i wouldnt bother to post.

+ about the pinky comments, for me its either - buff eldan gloves and pinky weapon, or make them drop from high prime dungs aswell. iv said it before when dungs were only base i125, and back then the sever was full of i145+ items. now with i130 base, theres not a day i dont see a new i145-i150 droping. with base i145 no1 could say pinky is any good anymore, it would remain nothing but a skin.

• DreamerDream and keyvis like this

I only try to out perform myself

Slashen Clash | eZper ranZa | Mucho Macho | FingerOn DaTrigger | PunzBi Gunz | Slacken Stack

#19 DreamerDream

DreamerDream
  • Members

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:29 AM

just wanted to add, since PTR testing for a new raid is up, some classes REALLY need some minor changes. im not talking about matrix abilities, bug fixes of abilities, pvp or class balance. those are very important too, but some classes are in a real bad state right now..

Good luck with waiting for that There were many posts and request to do anything with SS dps. Many different ideas and still no changes.

"Magnum was in a flower" - Last words of dead Slinger on Earth+Air: 

#20 Benirons

Benirons
  • Members

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:41 AM

After testing, SK cap is still the same in P1 GA as in P0 GA. This is very bad. We have a myriad of runes available to us that give 1.5% SK bonus at 1 power. The majority of the token gear has a good chunk of SK on it as well. One of my guildies put on all the loot available from the GA class care package at high ilvl and had some 17% SK w/o any runes whatsoever. That is more than 7% over what is currently required for the content. As things stand, most of the gear simply wont be used like ever, as they r simply put poorly statted with a lot of SK that we dont need. There r two solutions to this. Change the statting of every item (probably way too much work) OR increase the SK requirement for the content by like 3% above RMT level. So a requried 22% SK for Ohmna would be about right, after deflect debuffs. 

I was going to recommend to decrease max base ilvl for dungeons to 135, and keep expeditions at 125 to keep raid gear competitive due to lack of spamability. But as things stand now, the majority of the raid gear is completely useless and raiders will be looking to acquiring better statted items from dungeons instead, which really should not be the case. Pls increase SK cap in P1 GA, thank you. 

• keyvis likes this