• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Conguero

Conguero

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

Hello all,

With contest registration closed and teams set for the showdown, we hope you’re all having a blast building the Communities of your dreams and gunning for that $2,500 grand prize!

As many of you are undoubtedly aware, there’s an issue in which the Community Crate will incorrectly yield a Housing Error which states that the décor limit has been reached. And while the crate itself will clearly display that the limit hasn’t been reached, players are prevented from placing any additional décor. This issue currently makes Community customization overly restrictive and therefore significantly impacts the environments you’re putting together for the Community Showdown contest.

After some discussion on our end, we’re all in agreement that we can’t allow this décor limit error to go unresolved until contest submissions are due. The earliest a game update can be released to fix this bug is Wednesday, October 4, which means we’re going to push the Community Showdown submission deadline back by two weeks to 11:59pm PDT on Wednesday, October 18. The winners announcement will then be made on Friday, October 27.

Hopefully the contest submission extension gives all teams a fair opportunity to construct Communities unencumbered by the unintended décor limit.

If you need a refresher on any Community showdown details, here are some key links to hi:

Best of luck to everyone—we can’t wait to tour your creations!

Yours,

Team WildStar

The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalyn Carter.

Twitter@talkingcongas

#2 Serrafin Bladz

Serrafin Bladz
  • Members

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

How will this effect the Shade's Eve Contest that is normally held every year?

Axis of "The Crimson Fleet" | Dominion Event Coordinator | Housing Wizard

| Axis Antomica | Shizz Nizz | Pogo Stix | Zion Tech |

#3 Ashiini Raviradir

Ashiini Raviradir
  • Members

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:01 AM

Maybe i will be able to finish this in time now:

ashiiniraviradir17092610.png

:lol:

#4 Roda

Roda
  • Members

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:21 AM

yes! make me feel less bad about my procrastination! :D

#5 Ada-alt

Ada-alt
  • Members

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:56 AM

Wooo! Thank so much! So excited to detail the community again :D

#6 Conguero

Conguero

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:31 AM

How will this effect the Shade's Eve Contest that is normally held every year?

We don't have plans to host the House of Haunts contest this year. We love House of Haunts, but it's unfortunate timing with the recent release of Communities, and obviously there's a lot of overlap with these two Housing/building contests.

If showdown teams want to go with a Jack Shade-themed Community though, we're all for it!

The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalyn Carter.

Twitter@talkingcongas

#7 Bubbles Starborn

Bubbles Starborn
  • Members

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

will there be house of haunts next year? casue i've been building since last year... don't get me wrong i LOVE doingthis huge community challenge right now but i was nearly ready for the halloween contest... 

#8 Ashiini Raviradir

Ashiini Raviradir
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:39 AM

Mail is send. Now we wait :) .

Also guys remember to remove private on your plots.

#9 Red Lotus (Auni)

Red Lotus (Auni)
  • Members

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

I have been having trouble sending my community showdown contest submission.

I sent it twice so far and then received a mail from you guys last night saying you havent recieved it. I replyd to your mail and got a mailer daemon back. this is the second time ive gotten a mailer daemon return mail from you guys :( Is there any way someone can help me and confirm you guys have my submission and everythings in tact? I dont want to be the reason my team/teamates fail. When you get the mails do you send a confirmation?

Please help

#10 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

I have been having trouble sending my community showdown contest submission.

I sent it twice so far and then received a mail from you guys last night saying you havent recieved it. I replyd to your mail and got a mailer daemon back. this is the second time ive gotten a mailer daemon return mail from you guys :( Is there any way someone can help me and confirm you guys have my submission and everythings in tact? I dont want to be the reason my team/teamates fail. When you get the mails do you send a confirmation?

Please help

I would try to sent it from different e-mail account to be safe.

#11 Red Lotus (Auni)

Red Lotus (Auni)
  • Members

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

Thank you! I actually found out what the problem was thanks to @talkingcongas. My email account had a signature I set up a long time ago. When my emails came in it said it was from Mrs Melody instead of my email addy. So it was going to their spam folder. 

I took off the signature and resent it. All should be well now. Just waiting for confirmation!

Good luck to all!

HOUWZERZ!