• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Conguero

Conguero

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:49 PM

Hello all,

The PTR has been updated to disable Communities and open up Genetic Archives Prime Level 1 for testing! This is an early preview of this Prime Raid, which is slated for release later this year in an update following the 1.7.3 Communities patch. We'd love to get some focused raid testing on the new Genetic Archives difficulty setting, and ideally schedule some time where we can observe the progression of one or more groups. If you have a guild or raid team planning to try out Prime Genetic Archives on PTR, please reply to this thread with ideal days/times. Keep in mind that our standard business hours are Mon–Fri, 9am–6pm Pacific Time—we'd prefer for raid test schedules to fall within these hours.

If you'd like more info on our ongoing test plans and upcoming game updates, be sure to check out our DevConnect: August Preview. There you'll find additional details on the release of Communities, Prime Genetic Archives, and some of the other game updates coming in 2017.

Here are notes for the key updates you'll find in the current PTR build that's available:

• Raids
    • Genetic Archives
      • Prime Level 1 difficulty, scheduled for release with game update 1.7.4, is now open for early testing!
      • Prime Level 1 achievements have been added.
      • Prime Level 1 rewards and loot have been added.
        • The global item level cap has been increased to 165.
        • Item rewards from existing Genetic Archives lockboxes and armor imprints will now scale according to Prime level.
        • The imprints can be turned in at the imprint vendor in exchange for scaled gear.
        • A new type of collection material has been added to Prime content in two qualities: Mutagenic Diagrams and Greater Mutagenic Diagrams. These diagrams can be turned into Decrypter Esco for runes.
          • Decrypter Esco can be found at Conqueror's Square in Illium and Champion's Corner in Thayd.
  • The Communities feature has been temporarily disabled and will return for final testing with the full 1.7.3 game build.

The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalyn Carter.

Twitter@talkingcongas

#2 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:27 PM

1. Please add teleport concole for every boss at GA entrance, like it is in PTR version of RMT. You don't expect that we will be progressing every week from the start on PTR to test changes, right?

2. You're talking about new Prime GA Lockboxes, right?

3. Imprints vendor (Merchant Joka) has only "classic" GA gear available, and Decrypter Esco only class set runes.

4. Please make imprint gear upgradable using coins dropped from bosses and purchasable from vendor (if it's not already like that), like we have in RMT, this system is working very good.

5. Unavoidable damage and crit-sev seams to be over-tuned even for players with full Primal Matrix unlocked, and 145+ ilvl gear: https://forums.wilds...ready-too-high/  https://forums.wilds...e-300-crit-sev/  (but more testing required here)

Edited by keyvis, 07 August 2017 - 05:28 PM.

#3 ori1535

ori1535
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:20 AM

sooo... i165 gear would be purchasable for gold? or the raid would have a lockbox at its end that only the ones who finished it would be able to use once?

i understood the first, which sounds like a rly bad idea imo.. buying gear that renders RMT an "unprofitable time investment"?

I only try to out perform myself

Slashen Clash | eZper ranZa | Mucho Macho | FingerOn DaTrigger | PunzBi Gunz | Slacken Stack

#4 Ausgelebt

Ausgelebt
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:09 AM

drop lockbox, use brain, profit holy moly

"Erst gestern hatte ich wieder so ein unglaubliches Erlebnis. Da steht n Typ in der Base, das ganze Match lang, nennen wir ihn mal Herzog Stahl von den Napfkuchen, und tönt da rum, das er nur da ist, um mit seinen Char’s die Essenzen abzufarmen. Das muss man sich mal vorstellen, so ein toller PvE-Hecht mit Itemlevel 139 (!!) und ohne Zweifel eine echt große Nummer in seiner Ballettgruppe (Raid), hat nicht die Eier in der Hose um für seine Essenzen zu kämpfen. "

#5 KatMR

KatMR
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:40 AM

I saw in another thread that Prime GA will have i165 gear. Is this the maximum from forge-up chance, or is this the ilvl for token gear?

Is the token gear 3 slot in line with being a post RMT raid (and thus using RMT rune sets) or is it 5 slot, where the GA and DS 8/8 sets will be tuned appropriately to match? I did see mention of 'classic' imprint gear but I'm not sure if that referred to 116 ilvl 5 slot, or if it just uses the same cosmetic skins.

Edited by KatMR, 08 August 2017 - 06:45 AM.

((Maximum Dakka))

Spacefarer | Looking for a Guild? | Rune Tips

#6 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

Base ilvl in 150, that can forge-up up to ilvl 165. I don't know about tokens, I can't find this gear anywhere. By "classic" I've meant 5-slot ilvl 100.

Edited by keyvis, 08 August 2017 - 08:09 AM.

#7 KatMR

KatMR
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

Ah. Thanks!

5 slot 100? Hmm. Token gear in GA is 116 and 120 in DS (armor, not weapons). What's i100 doing in Prime GA? Are the base stats any different?

Beyond common sense of being progressed along the Matrix (better chance or survival) are there any barriers to entry for Prime GA?
I wouldn't want people skipping RMT...

Edited by KatMR, 08 August 2017 - 10:02 AM.

((Maximum Dakka))

#8 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

No, token gear in GA was always 100, and 120 in DS. I can't find vendor with P1 GA token gear.

Edited by keyvis, 08 August 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#9 Conguero

Conguero

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:29 PM

2. You're talking about new Prime GA Lockboxes, right?

3. Imprints vendor (Merchant Joka) has only "classic" GA gear available, and Decrypter Esco only class set runes.

There aren't new lockboxes or imprints. The existing ones just scale now.

I've also added the following note to the original post:

• A new type of collection material has been added to Prime content in two qualities: Mutagenic Diagrams and Greater Mutagenic Diagrams. These diagrams can be turned into Decrypter Esco for runes. 

The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalyn Carter.

Twitter@talkingcongas

#10 KatMR

KatMR
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

No, token gear in GA was always 100, and 120 in DS. I can't find vendor with P1 GA token gear.

I had 116 orange 5 slot before entering DS so I'm a bit confused but okay. I know the gear exists, but I don't remember exactly where they dropped and just assumed they were pre-DS token.

[edit] Ah! Thanks. Re: Reply #11

I've also added the following note to the original post:

Woah. Hold on. Let me process this. If I understand correctly...

Cong are you saying that post RMT 3-slot 'new normal' for runes...Prime GA, post-RMT content, Token gear is going to be Legendary Orange 5 slot with upscaled ilevel, with an exchange currency to appropriately rune said 5-slot gear? And this new system will likely continue into Prime DS?

I...oh my.

78217595.jpg

Thank you for the clarification!

So exactly what ilvl will the token gear scale up to?

And hold up. When you say scaling...you mean in general right? as in, 'in open world etc, while not in raid instance, ilvl of gear and runes stays the same as in the raid', right?

Edited by KatMR, 08 August 2017 - 02:37 PM.

((Maximum Dakka))

#11 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

Ilvl 116 items are currently available for Glory after killing Ohmna, but this chenged not that long ago, originally it was available after SD kill. There were ilvl 116 BoE items in DS too, right from the start.

So far runes you can buy for those Diagrams are only GA class-set ilvl 150 runes.

Edited by keyvis, 08 August 2017 - 02:23 PM.

#12 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

How those Lockboxes scale if those are not new? Should we just start stocking GA Lockboxes then, so we can open those after Prime 1 GA release, for sweet gear?

Edit: Ah, I guess those scale on drop, and will have different ilvl visible on the tooltip, right?

Edited by keyvis, 08 August 2017 - 02:30 PM.

#13 disftactiv

disftactiv
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

Lockboxes found in GA0 rewards ilvl 100 gear in GA1. Only lockboxes looted in GA1 will rewards ilvl 150+. We tested this last night.

In regards to gear in GA1, it drops as base 150 and has a chance to upgrade to 165. All other loot such as RMT can now also roll up to 165 but the base level remains. P12 expeditions are also now available and give base 125 loot and they are only a touch harder than P9. The multiplier on P10 has been removed.

As far as we can tell, the GA0 token gear will be random drops from bosses with 3 rune slots. You can test this loot by opening the ilvl100 bags on GA1. This is just speculation though and im sure will be confirmed once a boss is downed.

GA1.png

The new "material" found in GA1, will allow you to purchase 3/3 GA and DS? class rune sets at ilvl 150. So you can now use a single two power rune, plus a one power rune + another rune of your choice as per the RMT class set. No other new rune sets are currently available.

Edited by disftactiv, 08 August 2017 - 05:13 PM.

#14 Benirons

Benirons
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:09 AM

I checked out the GA set vendor, and the set bonuses r not correctly converted from 8/8 to 3/3. On the 3/3 version the same 4/8 equivalent set bonus appears twice. Namely, the 8/8 set bonus is just not there. 

359mw3l.png

I would love to have 20 more suit power, and double the CD reduction with one ability though! 

#15 CRB_Dynamo

CRB_Dynamo

Game Designer

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

Hey Benirons thanks for the report, I'll get that fixed!

#16 Thundraxx

Thundraxx
  • Members
  • LocationNY

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

So when will P1GA be plausible to test? been 2 weeks and no number changes have gone through.

#17 KatMR

KatMR
  • Members

Posted Today, 07:19 AM

I just saw this and I have a concern...

...As far as we can tell, the GA0 token gear will be random drops from bosses with 3 rune slots. You can test this loot by opening the ilvl100 bags on GA1. This is just speculation though and im sure will be confirmed once a boss is downed...

GA1.png

Cause Heart of the Claw from DS has two versions on live now, pre-Matrix Raid Orange and pos-Matrix Eldan Prime 3 slot...and that has already caused problems.

Where the Pre-Matrix 5 slot version morphed into the 3 slot Eldan Prime, support was able to replace it, but when the Eldan Prime got a forge-up, but somehow reverted to base... the players lost out.

Clearly having 5-slot Raid Orange have an Eldan Prime 3-slot of the same name existing in the same space is causing issues due to something under the hood.

And having seen this happen with the Primal Matrix content drop...you're going to reintroduce the possibility of further problems in Prime1 GA? Why? WHY?

Edited by KatMR, Today, 07:15 AM.

((Maximum Dakka))

#18 WANDALIUS

WANDALIUS
  • Members

Posted Today, 09:36 AM

Don't understand what is your problem. 3 slot items are bad below ilvl130, because legacy rune system, that you have to use with those. Other than that it is only matter, that you are locked in absurd number of stats on item, that may not be optimal.