• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Conguero

Conguero

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

Hello all!

It’s time again for DevConnect! In this installment we’re taking a quick look at what’s in store for August and even a little beyond. We welcome your thoughts on the festivities, goods, and developments to come.
And, if you’re enjoying this recent DevConnect format, give us a holler. ;)

Events
The Chase Finale wraps up in August, immediately followed by a Double XP X-Plosion weekend!

• Space Chase: July 31–August 7
  • Sim-Chase: August 14–21
  • Double XP X-Plosion!: August 25–28

Catch a refresher on our plans for in-game events moving forward.

Game Updates
We plan to release minor game update 1.7.3 Charlie to live realms on Wednesday, August 2. The primary purpose for this update is to refresh Madame Fay’s Fortunes inventory.

Madame Fay’s Fortunes
We’re continuing to bring back previous Fortunes loot by updating Madame Fay’s inventory with the Retro collection on August 2. If you missed out on any of these awesome, nostalgia-inducing goods, prepare yourselves! It’s worth noting during this round that all Retrosaur color variations will be available at all times. The Gold Retrosaur is still a super-rare drop from Fortunes; however, you can still collect all three standard (and still radical!) colors and turn them in with a Gilding Catalyst to go gold—if you want!

160817_WS_News_Fortune_4_Announcement_re

Of course, this full inventory refresh means the current Space collection will be packed away again. There’s only a few days left for you to score any pieces you might be missing!

PTR Test Schedule
On Thursday, August 3 we plan to switch our testing objectives on upcoming game updates by disabling Communities and opening Genetic Archives Prime Level 1 for preview! We’d love to get some focused raid testing on this difficulty setting, so please reply to this thread if your guild wants to schedule some time to brave the increased challenge this 20-player Prime dungeon offers. Ideally someone on our end can plan accordingly to observe your progress (best times are during our business hours, weekdays before 6pm PDT).

With your help we’ve addressed several bugs and implemented quality-of-life improvements for Communities. That said, we don’t consider this to be a wrap on developing this exciting new feature; and our goal is to reopen Communities—along with additional Prime instances and all other updates planned for patch 1.7.3—later in August for a full and final round of testing ahead of its release on live realms.
Prime Genetic Archives is slated for release later this year after 1.7.3.

Livestreams
Double XP X-Plosion! always presents a good opportunity for us to stream. With its next run coming August 25 and game update 1.7.3 following not far beyond, there will be plenty to do and discuss next month! We’ll follow up with confirmed dates and times for upcoming livestreams, but for now it’s reasonable to suspect that we’ll at least be on-air via twitch.tv/WildStar Friday, August 25 at 2pm PDT.

Store Items
Here are some of the items scheduled to hit the In-Game Store next month.

• Technophage Equivar
  • Technophage Convergence FABkit
  • Dynamic Body Aura & Ethereal Body Aura
  • Exotic Pumera

Be on the lookout for all item release dates and visual previews on the WildStar Facebook and Twitter channels.

Feature Previews & More to Come
As previously mentioned, patch 1.7.3 is nearing completion. Included in this update is the much-anticipated Communities feature, in addition to the new Residential Renovation monthly in-game event, Prime difficulties for Sanctuary of the Swordmaiden and Deep Space Exploration, and more. Stay tuned for more in-depth previews of the major 1.7.3 features.

Genetic Archives Prime Level 1 is planned to arrive with patch 1.7.4 later this year.

Cheers,
Team WildStar

P.S. Looking for the previous DevConnect? Here’s the July Preview.

The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalyn Carter.

Twitter@talkingcongas

#2 Oozebourne

Oozebourne
  • Members

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:55 AM

In general - good thing you're maintaining the monthly roadmap. It was a step in the right direction and I'm happy to see you're keeping it up.

We’d love to get some focused raid testing on this difficulty setting, so please reply to this thread if your guild wants to schedule some time to brave the increased challenge this 20-player Prime dungeon offers. Ideally someone on our end can plan accordingly to observe your progress (best times are during our business hours, weekdays before 6pm PDT).

That. That is good. Focus groups and direct communication (if that would happen, of course, and not just observation). If you don't get too many volunteers, you might want to consider some incentive for people to test this stuff... but eh, maybe things aren't that bad.

Double XP X-Plosion! always presents a good opportunity for us to stream.

Aaaand no. As far as on-screen performance goes, sure, watching Pappy being lively and charismatic is nice, but I can't really see what the target audience of this is.

Is it newcomers? Doesn't seem so - you don't focus on highlighting specific sides of the game Wildstar excels at. If you want to show lore - talk about lore and walk through specific quests/questlines, particularly those that feature cutscenes. If you want to show the leveling process... please don't. It's not what Wildstar is great at. It's not what you, in all honesty, gameplay-wise, are great at.

Perhaps you could cooperate with someone already streaming Wildstar content? I can't speak for others but I'd say it's worth a shot - you could talk to streamers and add Pappy to the mix because he's great on camera (while not as much at DPSing). I can't speak for others, obviously, but I know Kaeret does weekly Housing tours and is generally knowledgeable - you could talk to her and maybe make a stream dedicated to what one can do with Wildstar's Housing - QoL features, basic FABKit usage and, of course, meticulous work of combining individual decor pieces to make something new. You could reach out to one of the raiding streamers - for instance, Dainjre, and talk about Raids on stream - what is there, how it all works together, the team cohesion, the tactics, the rewards and so on. Maybe you could even arrange something like that for PvP - though that would require more effort than other options since our dedicated PvP community is barely there.

Store Items
Here are some of the items scheduled to hit the In-Game Store next month.

• Technophage Equivar
  • Technophage Convergence FABkit
  • Dynamic Body Aura & Ethereal Body Aura
  • Exotic Pumera
Be on the lookout for all item release dates and visual previews on the WildStar Facebook and Twitter channels.

It's good that you mention it, but just text isn't gonna go far... nor is limited exposure, I'm afraid. If you want people to see something - use the launcher or show it in-game. I would bet Reddit is a great place as well - back in the day, when Greyn/WildWeave was still around, these previews were a nice way of building hype.

Speaking of previews, while we know your resources are limited and we can't realistically expect something like this, doing a video like the one mentioned above would be great.

#3 Artificial Intelligence

Artificial Intelligence
  • Members

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

Is any plans to fix balance between classes in future updates? In PvE nowadays spellslingers doing around 10-15% less DPS than other classes (medics, warriors, engineers and stalkers) and espers doing around 15-20% more DPS than other classes. Also, for maximum possible DPS situation is much worse than for average values. Problem already has reached point when some guilds has started to reduce number of SS DPS to increase raid damage so that situation needs in urgent attention from the developers.

Artificial Intelligence

<Perseverance>

AI Spellslinger - AI EsperAI Stalker - AI Medic - AI Engineer - AI Warrior

#4 KatMR

KatMR
  • Members

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:35 AM

If I may...perchance would dropping 'Double' in the XP event title be entertained? I know it's a branding issue but XP X-plosion just flows more nicely. I'm sorry that I only *just* noticed, it's fairly late to be changing stuff like that...

The majority of the population is likely already imbuing via base tier GA but will Prime GA also be coded to imbue Eldan Gauntlets?

Can you confirm whether Prime GA token gear will be RMT token 3 slot or legacy 5 slot?

Either way, what will the token gear iLvl be?

Will this token gear use unique skins, such as the Dread Mantis* for Medium armor and their equivalent for Heavy and Light armor classes (or unique skins per class, if not armor class)?

*Yes, I know that it was released on the in-game store, but that was before Prime Raiding became a thing. Plus...alternative paths to progression! :)

Looking forward to news announcements (and streams or youtube short films as applicable) Re: the reworking of the Chase events and the new Housing event! :D

Exotic Pumera eh? Mount or Pet?

Edited by KatMR, 28 July 2017 - 10:58 AM.

((Maximum Dakka))

Spacefarer | Looking for a Guild? | Rune Tips

#5 EsperXIV

EsperXIV
  • Members
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

Looks good-- is there any chance you can verify if the sim chase event is going to have the decor from both versions?

#6 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

Why Retro Madame Fay’s so soon again? It was available not that long ago, so most of players playing currently probably got stuff they wanted from it. There are a lot of Madame Fay’s from long ago, that should work better for refresh.

#7 pelionpelattu

pelionpelattu
  • Members
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

Aww I'm really looking forward to that exotic pumera. I hope it's normal though, as much as possible :P You know fur, claws, paws. If so I will probably buy it account-wide :F

Assuming it's a mount ofc :unsure:

Edited by pelionpelattu, 30 July 2017 - 12:48 PM.

i drink tea

#8 Thundraxx

Thundraxx
  • Members
  • LocationNY

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:12 PM

Oh boy, deep space, our favorite expedition!

#9 Ausgelebt

Ausgelebt
  • Members

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

WHERE GA PRIME??? WHERE I PAY 12.99€ PER MONTH Y U NO LET ME ON PTR TO TEST GA PRIME??? WAT IS THIS I KILLARE 2 RMT PER WEEK NOW BORING GAME NEVER FIND PINKY AND CANT DO NEW RAID PROGRESSATORE WAT IS THIS CARBINO ME GOOD PAYING CUSOMER PLS NO TROLL OKKKK

"Erst gestern hatte ich wieder so ein unglaubliches Erlebnis. Da steht n Typ in der Base, das ganze Match lang, nennen wir ihn mal Herzog Stahl von den Napfkuchen, und tönt da rum, das er nur da ist, um mit seinen Char’s die Essenzen abzufarmen. Das muss man sich mal vorstellen, so ein toller PvE-Hecht mit Itemlevel 139 (!!) und ohne Zweifel eine echt große Nummer in seiner Ballettgruppe (Raid), hat nicht die Eier in der Hose um für seine Essenzen zu kämpfen. "