• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Conguero

Conguero

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

Hello all!

Continuing with our DevConnect series of monthly previews, let’s take a look at what’s on the docket for July! We encourage you to use this topic to provide your feedback on our monthly calendar, or anything you feel we’re missing that needs to be addressed.

Hopefully you’re finding this DevConnect format to be a useful and consistent communication channel so far.

Events
In July we begin our finale rotation of all Chase events. We shared additional details earlier today about why we’re doing this, as well as our plans for in-game events moving forward.

• Dungeon Chase: July 3–10
  • Battle Chase: July 17–24
  • Space Chase: July 31–August 7
  • Sim-Chase: August 14–21

Game Updates
A 1.7.2 Alfa game update is scheduled for release on Wednesday, July 5. This minor update has no significant changes, though there is one fix for a bug that has been frequently reported by Engineers:

• Sigil of Recovery and Portable Black Hole T8 Ability Point cost has been fixed. It now correctly costs 5 points instead of 9.

Madame Fay’s Fortunes Refresh
In response to frequent requests for previous Madame Fay offerings to be made available again, we’re starting with a full Fortunes inventory refresh on Wednesday, July 5 to bring back her space collection. This means the current Prehistoric Island Paradise-themed items will be retired—if you’re still looking to pick up an Astrosaurus Nex or any other item in the existing collection, you’ll need to do it before July 5!

160706_WS_News_Fortune_3-1_New_Items_hov

PTR Test Schedule
We’ll be continuing to apply updates and fixes to Communities based on your feedback, and appreciate those of you who have been thoroughly testing the feature in recent weeks!

Livestreams

• Double XP X-Plosion Dev Plays: Friday June 30 at 2pm PDT
    • Obviously this is happening in June, but it’s worth mentioning since it’ll be taking place tomorrow! Tune in via twitch.tv/WildStar and play along with us if you can. We’re currently at level 15 and you can reach me in-game on my aptly-named Jonny WildStar character.

Store Items
The following items are scheduled to hit the In-Game Store tomorrow, Friday , June 30:

• Deep Diver Costume

DeepDiver_Costume_Social_06.30.17.jpg

• Chrome Costume and Shimmering Costume

shimmer_chrome_social_06.30.17.jpg

• Seashell FABkit

seashell_Fabkit_social_06.30.17.jpg

Be on the lookout for previews of more items on the WildStar Facebook and Twitter channels that’ll be coming to the In-Game Store in July, including:

• Mystical Body Aura & Umbral Body Aura
  • Green Uniblade
  • Fancy Pants Décor Pack

Feature Previews & More to Come

• New Live Event: Residential Renovation!
    • Players will help housing designer and renovator extraordinaire, Sara Conavius, film episodes for her home renovation show. By completing a variety of activities you’ll earn currency which can be traded for rewards.
    • Help Sarah and her crew with the show’s filming, gather architectural data for her new designs during your off-world adventures, or any number of other daily quests she’ll have awaiting you. And if you’re a fan of housing décor sets offered during the Chase events, Sara will help you find the perfect décor to take your home to the next level.
    • We’re currently planning to run this weeklong event once a month, and rotate former Dungeon, Battle, and Sim Chase rewards each time—this means rewards from each former Chase will be available on a three-month rotation. We’ll preview the new Residential Renovation event in more detail closer to its inaugural run.
  • WildStar’s next major content update will feature additional Prime instances, including the debut of Prime 1 difficulty for the Genetic Archives—testing begins in August!
    • New Prime Dungeon: Sanctuary of the Swordmaiden
    • New Prime Expedition: Deep Space Exploration
    • New Prime Raid: Genetic Archives Level 1

Cheers,

Team WildStar

P.S. Looking for the previous DevConnect? Here’s the June Preview.

The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalyn Carter.

Twitter@talkingcongas

#2 ministabber

ministabber
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:57 PM

Having 33 unused coins I'm feeling conned and confused by the Madame Fay info listed above! While I understand the desire to acquire past items, surely this could have been achieved by the game store? Have we fallen so far, we are now at the rehash Madame Fay stage?    

No communication, No road-map, No nothing.

AND

Giving me the power of a God does not renew my faith, it turns me into an atheist....Give me new lands, give me more lore and fishing.  

#3 Katya

Katya
  • Members
  • LocationSkyplot

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:51 PM

As a housing addict, I'm super excited about the new housing event. ^^

#4 ManWithTheHat

ManWithTheHat
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:45 AM

0 news of anything PVP. We ever going to have a season 3? what about a new pvp map? what about more pvp incentives? what about an arena system that motivates people to play it and strife to be at the top? anything????? 

Ending season 2 should be your #1 event priority at this point 

Edited by ManWithTheHat, 30 June 2017 - 01:02 AM.

• Roman Triller likes this

Deswind Starlord

Spellslinger---Exile---Pergo (Warhound)(Entity)

#5 ori1535

ori1535
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:07 AM

nice to hear from u on a regular basis, upcoming events and content seems awsome !

would be nice to have the essence being rotated and not completly random, for example the EU server got daggerstone BG for purples 5 times in a row now, which really hurts battleground pops since it demands 30 players to join.

the pvp community has alot of fans but becuase of neglection many ppl quit / dont q pvp anymore. we offered a handful of easy ideas that could change that (atleast they sound easy to implement) such as disabling the primal matrix stat gains while instanced, allowing bg pops for a lower amount of players and then letting them fill (everytime a bg pop and theres room, no matter how much room, it will fill comepltly in less than a minute) or adding AIs to replace those free spots.

so many bugs arent being fixed for quite some time just becuase they do not affect the pve community, such as the slinger assault class set cooldown reduction, stalker impale cleave for 2 targets, and the latest bug - runes do not scale to i100 anymore while instanced. and many more.

other than that , i belive, most players (pve or pvp) would like to see class changes that would fit the new primal matrix. the primal matrix feels like a cheap gimmick and nothing more than that, what came before it does not interact with it at any way. for example: there are almost no abilities introduced by the primal matrix patch that are going to be used by anyone, ever, or even unlocked, becuase they do not interact with amps, class sets , or they are simply badly designed for the intended class.

i belive that beside new content (which is something i cant see myself asking for atm) those are the main issues that a GIANT chunk of the community would like to see changed. 

ty for reading :D

Edited by ori1535, 30 June 2017 - 01:04 AM.

• ManWithTheHat likes this

I only try to out perform myself

Slashen Clash | eZper ranZa | Mucho Macho | FingerOn DaTrigger | PunzBi Gunz | Slacken Stack

#6 DreamerDream

DreamerDream
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:11 AM

Several question.

Will be there fix of leaderboards?

Solo expeditions that doesn't have higher primes don't save better times (or at least not always).

Group expeditions and dungeons are broken. They don't show up times. They are only showing endlessly "Waiting for leaderboard to calculate"

Is there any chance to downgrade difficult of ColdBlood Citadel?

After your last modification now is so hardcore that almost no one wants to do higher primes except some madmans that show up from time to time.

Sometimes game won't let you change skills unless you will take off gadget. I didn't played very long Wildstar but I heard that this bug exist from the beginning of the game. It happened to me several times and I heard that this problem is very well know and has never been fixed. Why?

What's more two times I had bug that reset my whole primal matrix. I had below zero ability and amps points :o Closing and opening game again fixed this. I was speaking with other people and I found out that this bug can rarely happening.

Another thing. Did you thought about changing distance/field of aggro radius in Sanctuary of Swordsmaiden in place when you jumping on floating platforms?

I found out that there is very strange radius of getting aggro. I mean sometimes when you are next to monster you don't get aggro but you can get it while jumping (even if monster is not so close). This is very trolling and annoying. Why? Because of it you can easly fail the challange there. You are never 100% sure if you will get agro while jumping to orbs (or whatever they are called this balls that make you bounce on it) and what that means fall because orbs dissapeared.  You don't even have time/way of using movement skill to get to the other platform.

I know that there is one easy way to avoid that - just kill monsters on the platforms but people that are playing wildstar know how it looks going throught every dungeon. Just rushing to the last boss avoiding fights with trash mobs  as much as they can.

Oh and one more question (just from pure curiosity).

Why There isn't daily quest zone (for essences) from Defile, Blighthaven, Arcterra etc? Is there some big reason behind it? We have annoying one quest-Malgrave but not "more normal" zones. Why is that?

Edited by DreamerDream, 30 June 2017 - 02:23 AM.

"Magnum was in a flower" - Last words of dead Slinger on Earth+Air: 

#7 UltimasXXIII

UltimasXXIII
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:05 AM

I like that we are getting more information, and am particularly happy that SSM prime and a challenging GA are incoming - I have to ask though when do we expect to see some information regarding future new content - a Dungeon, an Expedition or a Mini-raid (or a small / release over time raid) for example? I don't expect these things to appear overnight, but some news about anything that might be in development or under consideration would be welcome.

Additionally, what are the timescales in place for potential gear cap rises / extension of the primal matrix?

• Tkalec likes this

#8 DreamerDream

DreamerDream
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:07 AM

Mini-raid 

Perfect for making advetures as a mini raids that you can do as much as youw ant while waiting for id reset of GA/DS/RMT.

Just imagine. Increasing difficult but making chance to drop even focus runes from adventures at the end. Of course with much smaller chance but still. Finally people would start to doing adventuress not only WotW for t3. It makes me sad that developers don't do anything with them.

It could be something like that.

Adventures would not scale to heroism.

Normal would be that same as now.

P0 would require to get bronze on all normal advetures. There would be chance (of course much smaller than during raid) to drop 90-110ilvl (including gold 90-110ilvl gear) during it and at the end of adventure a smal chance to get pure set or class focus.

P1 would require to beat all P0 adventures on silver and beat Ohma. There would be chance to drop 100-120ilvl (including gold 100-120ilvl gear) during it and after beat it small chance to get divine set or class focus.

P2 would require to beat all P1 adventures on gold and beat avatus. There would be chance to drop 110-130ilvl (including gold 110-130 gear) during it and after beat it a small chance to get risen set or class focus.

Why that way?

There isn't a single guild that would raiding 24/7. Not to mention situation where there are several people that would want to do some raid but they can't because they lack of people or they are just id locked. When you beat some raid there isn't too many ways to get better gear. Of course there is expeditions and dungeons but they are scaling to heroism. For people that are not farming essences this is a problem. Game need more NEW PLAYERS not mainly content for old/hardcore players that are bored because they don't have what to do except raiding, boring essences farming and doing contracts.

Expeditions that have almost non existing chance to get good gear on higher primes and on P9 in most cases are going players that they already have better gear that could get from it unless they have very big heroism and they are playing recently made alt character (or just someone is carrying them).

Dungeons but again to get better gear this require to do higher primes so people that are not farming too much have a problem. Not to mention that (this is how I see) there are 3 kind of players.

1. First type are doing 0-2 prime lvl just to get essences.

2. Second type are players that are pushing dungeons to unlock p9

3. P9 farmers

Risen set/class focus. I know that for some people this can sound crazy to be able to drop them from adventures BUT not everyone can be able to raiding. Of course there would not be a big chance to drop them but people would have finally some reason to do adventures. There is no one who would want to to adventures . What's is the point of their existence if nobody want to do them?

And one more observation.

Price for risen are crazy. 450 plat for riset class focus - major. Of course I understand that they cost so much because they are rare and very desired but if someone would buy them from me for 450 plat what I'm suppose to do with those 450 plats if there nothing (at least that I know) to buy for that amount of money except risen focus...

Edited by DreamerDream, 30 June 2017 - 05:14 AM.

"Magnum was in a flower" - Last words of dead Slinger on Earth+Air: 

#9 KatMR

KatMR
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

Re: Chase Events: thank you, thank you, thank you! For the breaks in between :)

Where was that deep diver costume back when I was leveling cooking? :P Now yall have a reason to go fishing! Level your cooking hobby! Go swimming! :D

Also, for some reason, I took one look at that yellow deep diver suit and thought to myself,

Spoiler

Please tell me we can enter the seashell, go around the corner and decorate the inside.

I can't help but wonder why the previous Mme Fay stock isn't just straight up Protobucks purchases in it's own section of the store.
Protobucks are used for Fortune coins, and there's RNG involved. Why not allow 0 RNG and full consumer choice to buy the items directly after a reasonable amount of time has passed? They could be limited time cycling sales to maintain rarity.

Right now, with the resources available, I would love if PVP queues Re: warplots and use of custom built warplots could be looked into. If they functioned as intended, warplots could be potentially added for essence at best, or queues would pop more reliably without having to jump through hoops and take a breathalizer. I can understand not wanting to give 30 players purple essence due to it being the time gate, but either have the other colours, or reduce the amount of purple awarded for that PVP instance.

Re: SSM - awesome! Prime levels :D
The jump orbs despawn on aggro from anyone in party. You can be quite safe, not a mob in sight, completely out of range...but if anyone in your group starts combat, yes. You will fall to your death.

R-12 was requested as a daily contract for a while pre-Matrix. After Matrix went live, Team WildStar said, hey! Check it: R-12 for essence :D (Thank you!)

Edited by KatMR, 30 June 2017 - 08:36 AM.

((Maximum Dakka))

Spacefarer | Looking for a Guild? | Rune Tips

#10 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:21 AM

Having 33 unused coins I'm feeling conned and confused by the Madame Fay info listed above! While I understand the desire to acquire past items, surely this could have been achieved by the game store? Have we fallen so far, we are now at the rehash Madame Fay stage?    

It's great news, many players were asking for it. Not everyone was playing since Madame Fay's release. Just make "past" cycles shorter so we can sill be getting new at the same rate as we had.

• Nixxy likes this

#11 ministabber

ministabber
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

Like I said, these items could have, should have, been placed in the store! Just gives out really bad vibes that they are even recycling Madame Fay.  

AND

Giving me the power of a God does not renew my faith, it turns me into an atheist....Give me new lands, give me more lore and fishing.  

#12 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

Like I said, these items could have, should have, been placed in the store! Just gives out really bad vibes that they are even recycling Madame Fay.  

Putting those in store would not be a good idea, RNG rewards are much more profitable. This would hurt new Madame Fay's stuff too, people will start waiting for those to be added to standard store.

Edited by keyvis, 30 June 2017 - 12:32 PM.

• Tkalec and Nixxy like this

#13 KatMR

KatMR
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:55 PM

Well, you're not wrong.

(Obligatory:)
Kp6RN00.png

((Maximum Dakka))

Spacefarer | Looking for a Guild? | Rune Tips

#14 Serrafin Bladz

Serrafin Bladz
  • Members

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

I agree with the several other people, Madam Fay in teh store would be perfered by far.

Axis of "The Crimson Fleet" | Dominion Event Coordinator | Housing Wizard

| Axis Antomica | Shizz Nizz | Pogo Stix | Zion Tech |

#15 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:04 AM

I agree with the several other people, Madam Fay in teh store would be perfered by far.

Yes, I would be buying those itmes from cash-shop skipping RNG too. But you need to understand that "lottery" is a lot more profitable, and Carbine needs money to keep game supported/running, so it should stay like it is.

#16 Serrafin Bladz

Serrafin Bladz
  • Members

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

I disagree, buying OLD items from the store while continuing to make new items for Madam Fay is more profitable. It's double dipping, still making money from the lottery, making even more money from old Fay décor. No one is saying the Madam Fay stuff has to go straight from lottery to store either, it can be a few months before it hits the store to counter the above comment about people just waiting and buying it from teh store. Even more, the Madam Fay they have brought back is not the one people have been asking for.... general population has been asking for the normal Ekose NPCS and Solider NPCs Madam Fay.

• ministabber and Aii Enma like this

Axis of "The Crimson Fleet" | Dominion Event Coordinator | Housing Wizard

| Axis Antomica | Shizz Nizz | Pogo Stix | Zion Tech |

#17 ministabber

ministabber
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

I disagree, buying OLD items from the store while continuing to make new items for Madam Fay is more profitable. It's double dipping, still making money from the lottery, making even more money from old Fay décor. No one is saying the Madam Fay stuff has to go straight from lottery to store either, it can be a few months before it hits the store to counter the above comment about people just waiting and buying it from teh store. Even more, the Madam Fay they have brought back is not the one people have been asking for.... general population has been asking for the normal Ekose NPCS and Solider NPCs Madam Fay.

100% this

AND

#18 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

I bet few months would not make much difference: people will be still waiting for items they want to hit the store.

#19 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Members
  • LocationSkymap

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:11 PM

i thought the ekose/grumpel labourers/guests were from lockboxes before they changed over to the Mechari decor?

*I personally missed a full year's worth of Madame Fay decor so I'm looking forward to all of that.

** To add to the RNG comments, I've said this before, but I'll say it again, the RNG has to be there because if not, they wouldn't make as much money as they would without it, imo. I say this because if it were placed onto the in-game store people would slow down on buying Fortune Coins and wait until it's on the store or just buy from the AH instead.

Edited by Nixxy, 01 July 2017 - 07:09 PM.

• keyvis likes this

#20 Roman Triller

Roman Triller
  • Members
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

0 news of anything PVP. We ever going to have a season 3? what about a new pvp map? what about more pvp incentives? what about an arena system that motivates people to play it and strife to be at the top? anything????? 

Ending season 2 should be your #1 event priority at this point 

I definitely agree in all points, but face it, CRB don't care about pvp and pvpers. They don't care about that a lot of pvpers who quit will come back.

Roman Triller | PvX Esper Healer | Human Exile | Jabbit EU