Continuing with our DevConnect series of monthly previews, let’s take a look at what’s on the docket for July! We encourage you to use this topic to provide your feedback on our monthly calendar, or anything you feel we’re missing that needs to be addressed.
Hopefully you’re finding this DevConnect format to be a useful and consistent communication channel so far.
In July we begin our finale rotation of all Chase events. We shared additional details earlier today about why we’re doing this, as well as our plans for in-game events moving forward.
- Dungeon Chase: July 3–10
- Battle Chase: July 17–24
- Space Chase: July 31–August 7
- Sim-Chase: August 14–21
A 1.7.2 Alfa game update is scheduled for release on Wednesday, July 5. This minor update has no significant changes, though there is one fix for a bug that has been frequently reported by Engineers:
- Sigil of Recovery and Portable Black Hole T8 Ability Point cost has been fixed. It now correctly costs 5 points instead of 9.
Madame Fay’s Fortunes Refresh
In response to frequent requests for previous Madame Fay offerings to be made available again, we’re starting with a full Fortunes inventory refresh on Wednesday, July 5 to bring back her space collection. This means the current Prehistoric Island Paradise-themed items will be retired—if you’re still looking to pick up an Astrosaurus Nex or any other item in the existing collection, you’ll need to do it before July 5!
PTR Test Schedule
We’ll be continuing to apply updates and fixes to Communities based on your feedback, and appreciate those of you who have been thoroughly testing the feature in recent weeks!
- Double XP X-Plosion Dev Plays: Friday June 30 at 2pm PDT
- Obviously this is happening in June, but it’s worth mentioning since it’ll be taking place tomorrow! Tune in via twitch.tv/WildStar and play along with us if you can. We’re currently at level 15 and you can reach me in-game on my aptly-named Jonny WildStar character.
The following items are scheduled to hit the In-Game Store tomorrow, Friday , June 30:
- Deep Diver Costume
- Chrome Costume and Shimmering Costume
- Seashell FABkit
Be on the lookout for previews of more items on the WildStar Facebook and Twitter channels that’ll be coming to the In-Game Store in July, including:
- Mystical Body Aura & Umbral Body Aura
- Green Uniblade
- Fancy Pants Décor Pack
Feature Previews & More to Come
- New Live Event: Residential Renovation!
- Players will help housing designer and renovator extraordinaire, Sara Conavius, film episodes for her home renovation show. By completing a variety of activities you’ll earn currency which can be traded for rewards.
- Help Sarah and her crew with the show’s filming, gather architectural data for her new designs during your off-world adventures, or any number of other daily quests she’ll have awaiting you. And if you’re a fan of housing décor sets offered during the Chase events, Sara will help you find the perfect décor to take your home to the next level.
- We’re currently planning to run this weeklong event once a month, and rotate former Dungeon, Battle, and Sim Chase rewards each time—this means rewards from each former Chase will be available on a three-month rotation. We’ll preview the new Residential Renovation event in more detail closer to its inaugural run.
- WildStar’s next major content update will feature additional Prime instances, including the debut of Prime 1 difficulty for the Genetic Archives—testing begins in August!
- New Prime Dungeon: Sanctuary of the Swordmaiden
- New Prime Expedition: Deep Space Exploration
- New Prime Raid: Genetic Archives Level 1
P.S. Looking for the previous DevConnect? Here’s the June Preview.