17 replies to this topic

#1 Conguero

Conguero

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:01 AM

Message from Game Director Chad "Pappy" Moore:

Hey everyone!

As we announced earlier this week, new features in the Redmoon Mutiny content update are soon going live on the Public Test Realm, and we want to give more details on what’s coming so all of you can get in there and help us test them. So! Without further ado, here is a list of the new features that will be available:

• Redmoon Terror Raid, Phase 2
  • Cross-faction groups, including raid groups
    • Neither Adventures nor World Story instances are currently supported for cross-faction groups
  • Cross-faction PvP Arena Teams
  • Cross-faction Guilds
  • Cross-faction Circles
  • Cross-faction Neighbors
  • Cross-faction Friends
  • PvP Leaderboards

There are a few base rules to understand in terms of how cross-faction groups will work. Cross-faction groups are created in the same way that groups are created in the game now. You cannot be flagged for PvP if you want to be in a cross-faction group, and if you become flagged, you will be dropped from the group. This means that certain actions, such as dueling, will be restricted within them. We have tried to account for edge cases with clear messaging, but please make sure to report any irregularities that you see while testing.

All of these features are scheduled to be released on the PTR Tuesday, October 18. We encourage you to jump in and put them through their paces, and look forward to hearing your feedback!

Pappy

The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalyn Carter.

Twitter@talkingcongas

#2 EsperXIV

EsperXIV
  • Members
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:26 AM

This is great news, I'm happy for everyone but especially for Dommies. I think this will be a great social bump.

Also gonna say thank you for delivering this clarification of exactly what new changes are coming. Seeing circles, guilds, and neighbours on that list is most excellent.

My only question would be whether players have the ability to opt-out of cross-faction neighbours. I'm guessing that you've done it so we can set x-faction neighbour status but can't randomly visit the other faction? I know some RPers wouldn't want random people from the other faction dropping in unannounced. :P

#3 CheetosMascot TM

CheetosMascot TM
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:18 AM

My only question would be whether players have the ability to opt-out of cross-faction neighbours. I'm guessing that you've done it so we can set x-faction neighbour status but can't randomly visit the other faction? I know some RPers wouldn't want random people from the other faction dropping in unannounced. :P

If you don't neighbor them they are not invited. it should only be unexpected if you forget what you did last night behind enemy lines. ;)

Edited by CheetosMascot TM, 14 October 2016 - 11:26 AM.

• EsperXIV likes this

I am Enigma Peon = '  v  ' =

#4 KatMR

KatMR
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:51 AM

What happens in Whitevale stays in WhitevaleTM

Whoohoo! Cross-faction raiding!

Groups as in dungeons and open world? Questing etc.? We can heal our cross faction tanks?

Cross-faction PvP Arena Teams

*eyebrow game*

((Maximum Dakka))

Spacefarer | Looking for a Guild? | Rune Tips

#5 CrimsonFangs

CrimsonFangs
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:22 PM

Oh shit! Gotta start leveling a Chua!

#6 Brutzkrieg

Brutzkrieg
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:12 PM

So with cross faction neighbors, this means that you'll be able to visit the housing plot of someone on the other faction as long as you're on their Neighbor list?

#7 Naunet

Naunet
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

• Cross-faction Guilds
  • Cross-faction Circles

OOOOOH SWEET MOMMA FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I am dead. I am dead from joy. YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!! THE RP I CAN FINALLY DO WITHOUT SILLY PLACEHOLDERS!!

I WANT TO TAKE OFF MY CAPSLOCK BUT I'M GONNA BE HYPED FOREVER!

"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunderstorm; and these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

#8 Ildur

Ildur
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:22 PM

That's basically cross-faction everything that could be cross-faction. Here is my hat and my message of approval:

I approve!

• Naunet likes this

When in doubt, apply more Random Number Generators! That never gets old, right? Right?

#9 TransJenner

TransJenner
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:51 PM

Hey everyone!

As we announced earlier this week, new features in the Redmoon Mutiny content update are soon going live on the Public Test Realm, and we want to give more details on what’s coming so all of you can get in there and help us test them. So! Without further ado, here is a list of the new features that will be available:

• Neither Adventures nor World Story instances are currently supported for cross-faction groups
  • Cross-faction Guilds
  • Cross-faction Circles
  • Cross-faction Friends
  • PvP Leaderboards

There are a few base rules to understand in terms of how cross-faction groups will work. Cross-faction groups are created in the same way that groups are created in the game now. You cannot be flagged for PvP if you want to be in a cross-faction group, and if you become flagged, you will be dropped from the group. This means that certain actions, such as dueling, will be restricted within them. We have tried to account for edge cases with clear messaging, but please make sure to report any irregularities that you see while testing.

All of these features are scheduled to be released on the PTR Tuesday, October 18. We encourage you to jump in and put them through their paces, and look forward to hearing your feedback!

Pappy

What about removing raid ID lockouts? 

#10 Rebel Angel

Rebel Angel
  • Members
  • LocationColorado

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:49 PM

Finally xfac housing.. getting ready to clear my neighbors list so the dommies can come over and party with us.. 

#11 WANDAL

WANDAL
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:45 AM

One thing to say: better late than never. Shame it is so late and so many players have left before.

#12 Djego27

Djego27
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:04 AM

Very good changes. Would it be possible to also introduce cross faction healing for non pvp flagged players? 

#13 Ada-alt

Ada-alt
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:00 PM

Woo! Cross faction housing! 

#14 Naunet

Naunet
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:20 PM

Oh, I sure hope cross-faction Circles come with a Circle cap increase, because if not... xD

"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunderstorm; and these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

#15 Arlene

Arlene
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:56 PM

That housing! Wonderful news! <3

#16 OnikoGhost

OnikoGhost
  • Members

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:09 AM

Hey everyone!

• Cross-faction Guilds
  • Cross-faction Circles
  • Cross-faction Friends
  • PvP Leaderboards

Pappy

Neighbor-locked cross-faction is totally fine.

But there's a problem with the current implementation: https://forums.wilds...-about-housing/

• Meyoline likes this

#17 SaFteiNZz

SaFteiNZz
  • Members
  • LocationSpain

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:21 PM

Thank you carbine! <3

#18 Shade_Koopa

Shade_Koopa
  • Members
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:07 PM

If this get more group play going, then I'm all for this cross-faction support.