[PTR ONLY] Multi-Queue Focus Test Thursday, June 30

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Conguero

Conguero

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:12 AM

To help ensure 1.5.4 features are fully operational when the content update drops, we need our trusty players to equip your construction helmets and queue into the various systems we have in-game to test (and maybe break) the multi-queue functionality.

Join us for multi-queue testing Thursday, June 30, 10am–12pm PDT (5pm–7pm UTC) for EU and 4pm–6pm PDT (7pm–9pm EDT) for NA, and you could score yourself the Battlesworn Costume Set, last made available to players during Black Friday 2015 (limit 1 costume set per account). It’s crucial for us that you try the system in a number of different ways to help us find bugs.

For instances such as Arenas, Battlegrounds, Expeditions, Adventures, Dungeons, and Warplots:

• Queue solo for multiple instance types.
  • Queue as an incomplete group for multiple instance types.
  • Queue as a full group for multiple instance types.
  • Complete an instance and transition into the remaining queue for another content type and join that instance.
  • Queue for several types of content, decline 1 type, and then accept the next type.
  • Re-queue for an instance type after the completion of that content while still queued for other types of content.
  • Mix and match random queues with specific instance queues.
  • Queue Random for Dungeons and Expeditions, but queue for one specific instance of a type (ex. Walatiki only).
  • Queue for all other content and then enter a solo Expedition. Join the first instance that pops while you’re playing through the solo Expedition.
  • Queue for all instance types as the same role (tank/healer/DPS).
  • Queue for multiple instance types using different roles.
  • Race through some expeditions in a group of 3 while also queued for other content.
    • Re-queue for another expedition when you complete your runs and see if you are picked up by those other queues.
  • Use Sparingly:
    • Decline queues that pop then join the next type that pops.
    • Decline a queue that pops and then re-queue for that content type.
    • Leave instances when you join and see how the penalty points affect you.
      • Your timer should appear red while under penalty.
      • Your group’s timer should be red if one of you is in the penalty.
      • The timer should have a tooltip explaining the penalty.
      • Penalty time should scale up from 3, 7, 15, and 30 minutes depending on how many times you have left an instance.
      • Penalties should be based on category (PvE vs PvP), so on occasion abandon a Battleground or a PvP instance and check that your penalty is only applied to the correct category of instance.
  • Try to queue again for the same instance type you are already in (this should fail)
  • Have someone drop from your group and use the queue to find their replacements.
  • Have someone leave your full group while waiting in the queue to see if your open space is filled by the queue.

For those who sufficiently partake in the multi-queue testing during the focus test timeframe, you’ll be rewarded the Battlesworn Costume Set. To meet the criteria for this reward, you’ll need to at least do the following:

• Queue for multiple instance types (2 or more).
  • Enter an instance when prompted and complete it.
  • Remain in the queue for other instances.
    • You can re-queue for the instance type you just finished as well.
  • Enter another instance when prompted and complete it.
  • Test the system with a level 50 character.
    • New PTR accounts will need to play through the tutorial and then use the PTR shortcut to level 50.
      • Marissa Scarn is behind you once you land on Nexus at the end of the tutorial.
      • She will take you to Illium or Thayd and Michael Scarn who will give you a 1-click quest to level 50.
      • The nearby Bev-O-Loot vendor will have all the gear you need.
  • Note:  Solo Expeditions won’t count toward these criteria.

Thank you all for your help and we’ll see you in-game!

Team WildStar

The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalyn Carter.

Twitter@talkingcongas

#2 Greyn

Greyn
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:37 AM

• After a short DC, I wasn't in my queues anymore and was kicked out of my current Expedition group.
  • Isn't it supposed to be, that other queues will be paused, if I enter an instance? The time is still ticking in the Queue Manager while running through an instance.

#3 WANDAL

WANDAL
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:01 PM

For me all expedition I have entered were not full 3x2 and 1x3, rest seem to work fine. However I do not like postponing queue after deserting... Think standard deserter debuff would work, but that is only my preference I guess.

#4 Lyriet

Lyriet
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:04 PM

• After a short DC, I wasn't in my queues anymore and was kicked out of my current Expedition group.
  • Isn't it supposed to be, that other queues will be paused, if I enter an instance? The time is still ticking in the Queue Manager while running through an instance.

Experienced the same thing myself, which sadly resulted in me not getting enough time to fill out the costume unlock criteria, when coupled with some other bad luck.

• Somewhat of a way into an expedition (I even believe one of them were a Carbine dev, CRB-something named Chua Medic), I got a really brief time out before getting kicked out. From there I was detached from the group and instance, with no real error message or possibility of figuring out what happened.
  • I also seemed entirely unable to queue myself up for more instances while already in an expedition. Not sure whether that's intentional, but didn't seem possible in anycase, as the "Join the Fight" and "Join as Group" options got greyed out the moment I selected an instance to queue for.
  • Didn't have time to experience other bugs or issues.

Had fun, though extremely bummed out over the missed opportunity at sweet new duds.

#5 Abysmal

Abysmal
  • Members

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:38 AM

I was able to queue for multiple instances with no problem and ended up running about 5 or 6 Expeditions.

(It was all that would pop) I played from 7pm til 9pm EDT and was just wondering when you guys are going to send the costume out (:

The PTR was fun and I'm looking forward to the update! Great Work!

#6 Tagren

Tagren
  • Members

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:46 AM

Managed to squeeze in some PTR time between 6pm-7.30pm UTC, have to say it was fun and I didn't appear to run into any issues.

• One Dungeon and two Expeditions popped up within an hour and while the relative elapsed queue timers resetted correctly, the Adventures one kept going since no group popped for that. (ending up at 57 minutes and counting by the time I logged out.)
  • I noted the "Join the Fight" option greyed out for different content as well, while in an instance. Although since I joined all queues as I logged in, the elapsed queue timers kept going as if I was still in queue for the content I was not participating in at that time. To me, it seems like it was all working as intended.
  • Dungeon popped up with a full group and we managed to complete it easily. First Expedition popped up with a group of 3 (myself included) and we finished fast. Second one popped with a group of 3 as well, but one guy DC'ed a couple minutes after we started and we managed to finish the Expedition with just the two of us.

I'm curious as to when the costumes will be sent out as well. xD

Edited by Tagren, 01 July 2016 - 08:47 AM.

#7 CRB_Bardic

CRB_Bardic
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationA2-C098

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:10 AM

Q: When will you get the reward?

A: We're busily working through logs now, I will try to have the Battlesworn costume issued out mid next week. Will update with a specific date once I have more information.

#8 Jason Avis

Jason Avis
  • Members

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:27 AM

I was on the PTR yesterday during the time frame for the NA stress test and I was in queue for BGs, dungeons, adventures, and Warplots for an hour and 10 min but did not get a single pop. From talking with other people, I heard that they did get a pops so I'm a little curious what happened to me.

#9 CRB_Bardic

CRB_Bardic
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationA2-C098

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:27 AM

I was on the PTR yesterday during the time frame for the NA stress test and I was in queue for BGs, dungeons, adventures, and Warplots for an hour and 10 min but did not get a single pop. From talking with other people, I heard that they did get a pops so I'm a little curious what happened to me.

Can you give me your full character name? I can do some digging.

#10 CRB_Bardic

CRB_Bardic
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationA2-C098

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:40 AM

This morning I have completed the Battlesworn costume delivery to those folks that qualified from participating in the multi queuing test last week. Thank you all very much for your help!

#11 Prez

Prez
  • Members
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:29 AM

I can't seem to bind that to any of my characters. The button stays gray. Already used the /bug option on live.

The Utopia

Prez Belusky . Spellslinger DPS | Prez MD . Medic DPS