DevConnect: Top 5 Quality-of-Life Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
210 replies to this topic

#201 Revon

Revon
  • Members
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:39 AM

1. Being able to bind CTRL, ALT and SHIFT keys freely.

<Myth>

Noirik Windchaser - I sling spells

Team Venture (3v3 Arena) | Exile, EU

#202 Greedy Chibi

Greedy Chibi
  • Guests
  • LocationSomewhere with Pell

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

More stuff from me. Probably getting tired of that by now.

On my Settler when I've completed one of the Project quests the progress bar showing how close to completion the project is disappears. Can the progress bars for said projects remain visible after completion? We can still gather the materials needed to finish them regardless of whether or not we've finished the actual quest, and we can still complete them, but we can't see when it'll be completed anymore.

Also on the challenge UI (the star icon that appears showing your progress), some of the challenges don't display progress. The Bingberry gathering challenge in Auroria and Splashin' Dash in Ellevar for example. The UI will show you how long you have to finish the challenge but there is nothing telling you how many Bingberries or geysers you need to finish. On the old UI it displayed both how long you had and how many you needed to collect in that time limit.

And lastly, something that was removed long before F2P but something I still remember. When you clicked on an enemy and it was part of a group of enemies all the other members of that group had their face icons displayed under the health bar of the selected enemy so you could tell how many enemies were together and would come and attack you, and how much HP they had left. Now when you click on an enemy though, regardless of whether or not it's part of a group, you can't see this anymore. I have no idea why this was removed but it was always a handy thing to have IMO.

#203 PzTnT

PzTnT
  • Members

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:05 AM

1: Account wide dyes

2: Cheaper or free to apply dyes and runing.

3: The ability to copy paste from the chat window. (Why isnt this a thing already?)

4: Improved market search.

5: Cross faction communication. 

#204 Revon

Revon
  • Members
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:58 AM

Another one I remembered:

1. When questing, switch to the next dialogue box when "answering" an NPC, without having to wait for the NPC voice line to finish. Right now even if you click through the entire quest dialogue to accept a quest, you won't see the next part of the NPC dialogue until his or her voice over track has finished, meaning if you click "too fast" the game will skip the dialogue box entirely. This makes questing clunky and uncomfortable, if you want to actually read the dialogue. Voice overs should not take priority over written dialogue, especially considering 99% of NPC voice overs in quests are generic and don't tell you anything about what you're talking about or what you need to do for them.

2. Being able to progress through/accept a quest/interface prompt using only the keyboard, instead of having to always click with the mouse.

Edited by Revon, 04 July 2016 - 06:09 AM.

• Naunet, PlasmaJohn, Oozebourne and 1 other like this

<Myth>

Noirik Windchaser - I sling spells

Team Venture (3v3 Arena) | Exile, EU

#205 keyvis

keyvis
  • Members

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:32 AM

And if I can add one more:

6. Allow refresh campfire buff

• Revon, Cirinde, Elo'naa and 3 others like this

#206 PlasmaJohn

PlasmaJohn
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:07 AM

• In-game calendars​​
  • ​Carbine's event schedule that shows what events are planned for the next four weeks ​minimum 
  • ​Purchasable persistent datablocks

"Talent is a pursued interest. Anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." -- Bob Ross

#207 Thiefje

Thiefje
  • Members
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:36 AM

So! For this DevConnect we want you all to list your top five quality-of-life changes you’d like to see made in WildStar. This DevConnect thread will be open for replies until Friday, July 1. We look forward to reading your feedback!

Uhmm... Carbine... aren't you forgetting something? :P

Characters || Varash Lightningstorm - Esper || Kaiynn Twilighthunter - Stalker || Kyllar Dusklight - Spellslinger || Myosh Dusklight - Engineer ||

Server || Jabbit EU ||           Communities || Mystwood Forest || Spaceport M92 ||           Faction || Exiles ||

#208 Picnic Deity

Picnic Deity
  • Members

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:31 AM

Oh gosh. Before this topic is locked, I need to butt in with something! Just one, please excuse me. It's my personal top need.

Additional LAS configurations.

With elder gems, the character is able to unlock up to four, two more than standard. I would like to be able to have two more for a total of six.

With six, the player would be able to have (from the perspective of an engineer!)...

• Two tanking LASs, one for raiding, and one for dungeons
  • Two PvP LAS, one for support, and one for assault
  • Two DPS LASs, one for single target encounters, and one for multiple target encounters

That would cover all the bases for me, personally, but I am certain there are others out there that could work with even more. I have a raid LAS (pure threat & mitigation), a dungeon LAS (interruptions and Disruptive Module), an Assault LAS, and just one PvP LAS (support).

This means that I pretty much can't ever make an Assault PvP build, and that I have to constantly go into my LAS to switch between Electrocute and Bolt Caster depending on the engagement; this also forces me to not take the optimal AMPs for these finisher specializations. Both of these factors are, well, acceptable, but disheartening and obstructive. Imagine if I or anyone played a buff class (stalker & bloodthirst for example), and I only had one assault LAS available, but I was asked to run my buff? The rearrangement of ability points is only seconds of time lost (which is crippling in a dungeon environment), but changing AMPs is a loss of gold that also takes twice as long.

Being able to switch freely between the builds I need in that moment (with the aid of addons and macros for even greater flexibility and convenience) would make a world of difference to me to keep me playing and involved. As would being able to make a PvP assault LAS (Being a non-stalker tank in Halls of the Bloodsworn is just silly.)

I would not hesitate to spend real money on more limited action sets. That said, if they were implemented, having them be obtainable with in-game currency like the original two unlocks or via omnibits would be ideal.

Edited by Picnic Deity, 05 July 2016 - 07:02 AM.

#209 Wyldsage

Wyldsage
  • Members

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:48 AM

As somebody that is pretty new to the game my top thing to improve is the crafting system.  Simply being able to make multiples of a certain item would help especially for making up work orders.

#210 Greedy Chibi

Greedy Chibi
  • Guests
  • LocationSomewhere with Pell

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:41 AM

Can we have the Bounty Board quests changed to be daily quests? It may seem kind of pointless for higher level players but for lower levelled players they'd be useful in gaining some extra money and experience. I think they would fit being Daily Quests for lower levelled players. Also, there's a bug where some of these quests don't count towards achievements (at least I have one in Malgrave despite knowing that I have done it), and another bug that prevents Public Safety Settler quests from being completed if you complete these quests but do not have the Settler mission unlocked. Allowing the Bounty Board to be repeatable would fix both these issues (unless they've both been fixed which I doubt they have).

Rearrangeable characters on the selection screen. I'm not giving up on this.

Also move some of the journals in Farside to areas that aren't right in the middle of Exile territory. For Exiles this is no problem but for Dommies it's a huge pain in the ass.

Path quests back on the Datachrom.

Nameable pets.

Account bound Dyes, pets and mounts.

And everything else I've said previously.

• PlasmaJohn likes this

#211 Conguero

Conguero

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:22 PM

Message from Game Director Chad "Pappy" Moore:

Hey all!

I wanted to follow up with the results from our last DevConnect on quality-of-life improvements for WildStar. Thanks for being patient—we’ve been a little busy with getting Redmoon Rising ready for release, but DevConnect is as important to us as it is to you.

To start, I would like to thank all of you who posted your ideas on the thread. This kind of hands-on, practical feedback is invaluable to us, and helps us to focus our efforts in the right places based on how all of you are interacting with the game. Obviously, there were a lot of great suggestions on the thread, and we went through the entire list as a team and came up with a (fairly) short list of the issues that we would like to tackle. Here are the top ten:

• Account-wide Toy Box
  • Stackable runes and dyes
  • Account-wide bank
  • Gear Closet
  • Auction House and Commodities Exchange UI Improvements
  • Price and capacity adjustments in Holo-Wardrobe
  • Name organization in Character Selection Screen
  • Cross-faction mail
  • Additional Action Sets
  • Reusable FABkits

We are in the midst of prioritizing these features and will get back to you as we have more information about when they will become available.

Again, thanks to everyone who participated in this DevConnect. We always appreciate your feedback and your ideas about how to improve WildStar. And be on the lookout for the next one! It’ll be here before you know it.

Pappy

The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalyn Carter.

Twitter@talkingcongas