#1 Conguero

Conguero

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:24 PM

Message from Chad "Pappy" Moore, WildStar Game Director:

Hey all!

It’s DevConnect time once again!

Before we get started, I want to thank everyone once again for the great ideas and suggestions we received from our last DevConnect—Making WildStar More Alt-Friendly. As Evan told you last week, your feedback resulted in some frank and in-depth discussions here at Carbine about how to make alts more attractive (and fun!) in WildStar, and I’m really excited about what the future holds.

But the show must go on, as there are plenty of other topics to discuss! Given the fact that we’ve recently welcomed many new players into the WildStar universe through Steam, I want to switch it up a bit and talk about quality-of-life changes in WildStar.

What’s a “quality-of life-change,” you might ask? In general terms, a quality-of-life change (or QOL) would be something fairly easy to address—“low-hanging fruit” as some people might call it—that makes your everyday gaming experience a little more enjoyable. The “Sell Junk” button we added last year is a good example of this. Sure, you could individually select all of your useless junk and sell it to a vendor, but doing it in one click both feels better and saves time.

So! For this DevConnect we want you all to list your top five quality-of-life changes you’d like to see made in WildStar. This DevConnect thread will be open for replies until Friday, July 1. We look forward to reading your feedback!

Pappy

The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalyn Carter.

Twitter@talkingcongas

#2 Mayor DasMoose

Mayor DasMoose
  • Members
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:28 PM

POPULAR

What a surprise, I'm going to start with housing QoL ideas!

1: I think a wonderful QoL feature to add, for housing, is a free roaming camera mode akin to Rift. It would really help builders with those larger detailed projects.

2: NPC Decor does not have a preview, you just see the banner (or an item for animals) instead of actually seeing the decor previewed. That is pretty annoying.

3: Even if it took service tokens to do, being able to remove items from your crate to transfer to alts would be wonderful. Many folks including myself have accidently added items to characters the decor wasn't intended for.

4: That last one would also be great for pets or mounts. Again, even if it's service tokens it would be such a huge relief.

5: TOY. BOX.

I know you asked for five, but I'm going to add a sixth thing that I'm upset I didn't mention before.

6: STACKABLE. DYES. Dyes not stacking is a huge pain in the rear section.

Edited by Mayor DasMoose, 27 June 2016 - 11:58 AM.

• SnowFox102, Roda, Smiley and 9 others like this
This forum post is brought to you by the Re-Elect Mayor DasMoose committee. Remember, a vote for DasMoose is a vote for the secret military police not to break in to your house at night and put a black bag over your head, taking you to a secret prison where you'll never be seen again!

#3 Cirinde

Cirinde
  • Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:39 PM

What I would like to see:

1. Toy Box - get these toys out of my bank. frees up space and lets me have my toys with me at all times.

2. account bound dyes - like the costumes, once added to holo wardrobe can be used for any toon.

3. account bank and/or account housing crate - please oh please :D

4. bigger inventory bags - yes please. I needs more space (see #1)

I'm sure I will think of more later.

• Naunet, Smiley, Tegasi and 3 others like this

SpousalUnit Fitch - Entity - Exile (@CirindeFitch on Twitter)

<Black Dagger Society> is a new/returning player (both factions) friendly, PvX, RP friendly, casual guild.Wildstar Hub Recruitment Post

Sometimes, you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.

#4 OptimistNic

OptimistNic
  • Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

When you purchase an item with protobucks and look through characters to choose for sending the item to, you can't scroll through them. This is a problem because if you have 30 characters like I do, the list will bleed through the top and bottom of the screen, and therefore you can't pick from every character. I would like the box to turn into a scroll-down box so you can view the entire list of characters you have. 

#5 Zodii

Zodii
  • Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:47 PM

1. Having my characters in alphabetical order or level numerical. At the very least Dominion and Exile split.

2. account bound dyes

3. Toy box for either Inventory or Bank

4. More decor owned for the housing crates

5. More basic housing building blocks ie: flat water tiles, different triangles, pieces that match the in game house paints, pillars without toppers, circle shape pieces

those are my top 5.

• Smiley, Cirinde, Tegasi and 2 others like this

#6 zappy

zappy
  • Members
  • LocationUtah

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:50 PM

getting rid of ip verification (or at least make it optional) so i can use ping zapper so i don't have to play ping roulette every time i log in until i get a playable ping

• Sesshoumaru, Shendorion and Picnic Deity like this

New World Order -- 9/9 (14/15) DS

zap py <engineer>    zapp y <spellslinger>    za ppy <medic>    powerlink slave <warrior>    spellslinger name <stalker>    zap ped <engineer>    zappi ness <warrior>    zappy bot <medic>    zap aholic <engineer>    z appy <esper>    xappy xenob <stalker>    zap aroni <engineer>

Hi! I'm zappy and I'm colorblind (and the bailout king)

#7 Sirithil

Sirithil
  • Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but I'd like to be able to scale decor pieces on their three axes individually. This would let you, for example, make rectangular windows out of the square ones, and would make a lot of housing builds much more part-efficient.

#8 Chronic Gamer

Chronic Gamer
  • Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

Everyone will prob have some great suggestions for this however my biggest one is a official content finder that is not just the que system. 

I would like a official global LFG chat channel that can only uses pre defined messages to eliminate spam and form groups for specific activities. 

Another good system is like the old WoW posted board meaning you found ppl looking for specific activities with requirements listed out front and so. I saw this suggestion on these forums and I will provide links below.

http://i.imgur.com/cjgZuGA.png

https://forums.wilds...ent-activities/

So listed -

1. LFG Global chat / LFG boards

2. Account Wide Toy Box for the goodies

3. Auction House Revamp 

4. Quest Log revamp to help silence comm calls from older quests. 

5. RNG removed for rerolling rune slots on gear for plat.

Edited by Chronic Gamer, 23 June 2016 - 06:41 AM.

#9 SweetestTart

SweetestTart
  • Members
  • LocationParkersburg, WV

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:04 PM

Cross-faction mail, account wide dyes, maybe some kind of account-wide bank accessible for your characters despite faction. Cross-faction housing being an option to set up would -also- be nice...like, super nice. Come one, just give a girl who plays Exile and Dominion a break, it's hard to try and keep up my money and stuff across all my characters ;___;

#10 Revon

Revon
  • Members
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:07 PM

1. Toy box to store toys in, to have some inventory space for other items. Right now getting new toys is NOT fun, simply because of the frustration of not having anywhere to put them in.

2. Being able to read journals without having to click on the tiny "new entry added" button floating next to my character after picking up a journal item. Having to click it is especially frustrating when playing with the Mouse Look Mode. Add a keyboard shortcut for it, even just tapping the interact key again while the journal item is selected would work.

3. CATEGORISE DECOR BETTER. This goes for both the AH/CX and housing in general. It's a pain in the arse finding decor right now, especially off the AH since it limits search results so strictly that you can't even search for "aurin" to find aurin themed decor, you have to know exactly what you're searching for or go through everything. Also a "newly added" option or "sort by date added" in housing vendor/crate so I don't have to scroll through the entire thing everytime there's a patch, just to see if anything new was added, or forgetting the name of the new decor you just consumed and having to search through the entire crate for it. Additionally option to exclude categories from search, for example if I want to look through the housing vendor, let me exclude "building blocks" and "hoverpark blocks" to make it easier to find other kinds of decor.

4. NOT being constantly nagged with com calls from NPCs whose quests you already turned down or abandoned.

5. "Save progress" option for the Holo Wardrobe. I like to play around with costumes while queueing for group content, and I hate having to reset or rush to finish my costume/dyejob to accept the queue pop. Would be nice to save what I was working on and finish (and pay) later.

Edited by Revon, 22 June 2016 - 03:46 PM.

• Naunet, Azulaalwayslies, Tegasi and 2 others like this

<Myth>

Noirik Windchaser - I sling spells

Team Venture (3v3 Arena) | Exile, EU

#11 PlasmaJohn

PlasmaJohn
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:08 PM

POPULAR

The RNG component of re-rolling rune slots for plat. Giant middle finger there.
The exorbitant plat cost of pulling runes. Oh look, it's now cheaper to buy the mats to remake than it is to pull the rune.
The exorbitant use cost of dyes at 50. Giant... you get my drift.
The cost associated with changing a hairstyle.
  • Mayor DasMoose, Aurin Spellslinger, Azulaalwayslies and 7 others like this

"Talent is a pursued interest. Anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." -- Bob Ross

#12 Thiefje

Thiefje
  • Members
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:09 PM

Okay my top 5 QoL improvements would be....

• All currencies account wide.
  • Start craft -> *click* -> *click* -> *click* -> Craft. Yay I crafted one item....! Only 500 or so more to go! I seriously had to make several hundred Ruby-Eyed Thinkers for a housing plot this way... <_<

This gets boring really fast, a multi-craft option that repeatedly uses the additives I selected on the first run and then just let it do the process several hundred times in one go would be soooooo much better...

The only limit should be the amount materials you have to perform the crafting cycle.

• Toy box. To many toys... eating inventory and bank space... not cool...
  • Official Global (server wide) channel. I don't care if it's faction only or cross faction but the game has fallen flat on its face in the past because new players thought the game was dead due to zone chat being deserted... We've been advertising the Global channels as much as we can on the Steam forum and in-game but we can only reach so many people.
  • Gear loadouts, carrying around 2, 3 or even 4 sets of gear for seperate roles in an already limited inventory just sucks. It would be much better to have a few loadouts that you can just quickly switch between without the need to carry them all around in your inventory.
  • Get the Auction House sorted out. "Too many items with this name. Try a more specific query." for a search... I mean seriously WTF...?!?!?!?!

Well, that's it I suppose.  :)

I'd also like to mention a lot of things about housing such as an account wide housing crate (yes that would make 7 items already). However I could go on forever about housing so you might as well make a DevConnect about housing alone.   :lol:

That said though, some other posts so far about re-rolling rune slots, retrieving runes from sockets, dye costs etc. etc. are also very valid but I can understand it's a trade-off between free versus buying service tokens.

Edited by Thiefje, 24 June 2016 - 05:58 AM.

• Mayor DasMoose and Kavi like this

Characters || Varash Lightningstorm - Esper || Kaiynn Twilighthunter - Stalker || Kyllar Dusklight - Spellslinger || Myosh Dusklight - Engineer ||

Server || Jabbit EU ||           Communities || Mystwood Forest || Spaceport M92 ||           Faction || Exiles ||

#13 Demonmanu

Demonmanu
  • Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:11 PM

1. optional IP verification
2. Global channel

3. Cost of pulling out runes
4. LFG system that works like Oqueue on wow or posting board
5. Toy box

bonus track

PVP leaderboards ingame

Edited by Demonmanu, 23 June 2016 - 04:57 AM.

• Roda and Sesshoumaru like this

RELEASE THE SNARKYNESS

FREE THE HOLOCRYPT GUY CARBINE HES A POLITICAL HOSTAGE OF YOUR NEW POLICY OF SOFTENING NEXUS

#14 Kebab

Kebab
  • Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

- Possibility to name Costumes Slots

- Possibility to name LAS Slots

- Show seconds countdown on the ui for accepting pve/pvp match

- Possibility to sort items for each guild bank tabs

- More bags with more spaces

Edited by Kebab, 22 June 2016 - 01:27 PM.

• Sesshoumaru likes this

#15 Wispykins

Wispykins
  • Members
  • LocationYou can't get there from here

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

Almost all of my suggestions boil down to 1 thing..... Inventory and Bank Space

• Toy Box - I want my toys but they take up way too much inventory space.
  • Gear closet - Basically like a secondary inventory- for the people with 2 sets of PVE Gear and 2 Sets of PVP gear plus Food, and flasks for each role it is really hard to keep enough bag space for anything else.
  • Please make runes stackable, I collect random runes for alts but none of them stack and they take up a ton of room.
  • the ability to unlock more than 4 LAS slots...Will pay real money for 1 or two more.
  • Rune costs, especially the cost to recover runes is really way too high.
  • Dye costs, sometimes i want to change my colors but it's just not worth it.
  • an official global channel would also be great

Edited by Wispykins, 22 June 2016 - 01:21 PM.

• Naunet likes this

Wispy Lou - Stalker Wispy Loou - Spellslinger Wispy Louu - Warrior

Wispy Boo - Esper  Wispy ExMachina - Medic Qwispy Q - Engineer

Wispy Deux - Stalker (dominion)

#16 Scarling

Scarling
  • Guests
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

1. Toy Box - It's ridiculous that I have 2-3 rows on each character for this crap.

2. Stackable runes. There's no reason to have a row in your guild bank of one type of rune

3. Drop the unique bag restriction for bags you have equippable and in your bank. 

4. More inventory & bank slots 

5. Multicraft options for all tradeskills

• Naunet likes this

Scarling Darkspyre Dominion | Mechari | Medic Healer | Lecia Harcrow Dominion | Cassian| Engineer DPS | Scarlet Darkspyre Dominion | Cassian | Healslinger 

Leader of <Keepers of the Keg> 9/9 DS 15/15  | Team Toaster Oven
Looking for an active 3 day a week raid guild that likes to PvP? Have college, a family or work to consider? Is it beer o'clock? We're recruiting!

#17 Kurona

Kurona
  • Guests
  • LocationYour Mom's House

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:21 PM

Got a few ideas which might or might not be feasible. Firstly, i don't really play anymore. There's "nothing" for me to do. I like to raid and make my character more and more powerful. No new raid since the launch of the game and all....

Basically there's alot of content in the game with no reason to do it again.

Firstly, I suggested it to Time Travel awhile back, but there should be some reasons to PVP for those that don't normally PVP. One way is to provide a long lasting (4-12 hour) PVE buff for doing PVP content. Something like extra attack power or health or something that will help the player doing PVE things. This can help alot of guilds struggling on bosses in Raids, or newcomers finally able to beat stormtalon, or just help you speed thru a leveling zone a bit easier.

Secondly, there needs to be other reasons to do Dungeons. In a game called RIFT, they started giving out tokens you could exchange for raid gear. In that game it took 50-100 of these tokens to exchange for 1 piece of raid gear. You could only get like 3 a day of the top tier ones and alot more of the lower tier, but it was still something that got all the raiders to queue up for dungeons. This drastically reduced queue times.

Thirdly, I'd like a Toy Box as well. My bank is full of these awesome things.

Lastly, more raids. Then some more. Heck, even some 10 man ones cause people like em.

Edited by Kurona, 22 June 2016 - 01:26 PM.

• Sesshoumaru and Kavi like this

Kurona Silversky

<World Last 9/9>

#18 Oniss

Oniss
  • Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:28 PM

1. Toy Box

2. Account Bound Dyes

3. Timer for Ques (Multi Que please)

4. CARBINE OFFICIAL Global chat that ALL players are in at the start. 

5. Spammable crafting

• Naunet likes this

#19 Mamatereza

Mamatereza
  • Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

1. WoW like LFG (IMHO by far the most important thing missing in the game)

2. Toy Box

3. Account Bound Dyes-Currency-Reputation

4. Add another bar for "Other Players Sound FX Volume" in sound options so we can avoid other players skill sound spamming

5. Global Channel

Exile Esper @ Jabbit

#20 Tegasi

Tegasi
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:38 PM

1. Toy Box

2. Account bound dyes

3. Account bank and/or account housing crate

4. Stackable runes

5. More inventory/bank space

6. More guild bank space/more tabs

• Naunet, Cirinde and Cynder like this

Sheae Vizla  Black Dagger Society - Entity

Evia Seaden, Maruska Whispersteppe, Tegasi Violetwind, Kveta Zarovich, Imabank Knotatank

and other (mostly) no longer played Dominion toons