• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 CRB_Bardic

CRB_Bardic
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationA2-C098

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

All,

We’ve taken your feedback on the changes with the Account Inventory system and have been working to provide to you a special tag on items, Account Bound, to help alleviate concerns with storing items for alt characters. This feature will be going to the live environment as soon as next week. The details:

• We will be introducing a new Account Bound flag for items.
  • Account Bound items can be mailed between characters on your account.
  • We intend for this feature to affect the following types of existing soulbound items:
    • Items purchased via the in-game store
    • Flasks and other consumable type items given via the Daily Login Reward system

Note:
When this feature is live, a majority of these items (as noted above) will be flagged as Account Bound. Any remaining items (this will mostly impact some consumable items from Daily Login) will be flagged in a following update.

Thanks!

Edited by CRB_Bardic, 10 June 2016 - 04:17 PM.

#2 Sly

Sly
  • Members
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

Yees good. I can buy spring decor packs again and hoard them!

"Money leads to power, and power gains you respect. Respect is everything." | Greysky Syndicate, Drug Cartel RP, Exile Guild on Entity

Art Tumblr | Wildstar RP Tumblr | Nexus RP Hub Tumblr

#3 Esmea

Esmea
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:58 PM

OMG! Thank you! I have been hoarding all types of flasks on my main character from bundles and whatnot. I can't wait to start using them on my alts!

#4 the infamous Brad

the infamous Brad
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

Can my Dominion character mail account-bound items to my Exile character?

• Ildur, ChroniclerC and Cantatus like this

#5 Dreaded 88

Dreaded 88
  • Members
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

The EPS, Exile Postal Service, automatically flags any inbound parcels with originating addresses inside Dominion Territory. Any food items or live stock are quarantined for 30 days and in the case of live stock ando other domesticated animals, Import forms 643B and 1839C need to be filled out and copies of their vaccinations must be attached in triplicate. You will be advised to consult the EPS chron-site for additional details concerns restrictions and banned items.

Once the package has been cleared by the EPS it will be made available to pick up at your nearest EPS outlet. Additional fines, processing fees, duties and tariffs may apply and will be payable upon pick up.

After all that, yeah, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to send something via the mail from your dominion character to your exile character!

Edited by Dreaded 88, 10 June 2016 - 06:31 PM.

#6 Ekzentric Lohner

Ekzentric Lohner
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:40 PM

Will the pets and mount from Sim-Chase that were soul-bound instead of BoE get switched to Account-bound (or BoE, as originally intended) any time soon? I've been waiting for quite some time to send the extras to alts...

#7 Chronic Gamer

Chronic Gamer
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:46 PM

Awesome, thanks for listening. :D

#8 Ebonyxi

Ebonyxi
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:55 PM

HOLY COW YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#9 Zebdan

Zebdan
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:05 PM

Account bound items are a good thing. Can you mail account bound items from Dom to Exile and vice-versa?

@CRB_Bardic Could you add 'Protostar Promissory Note' to the list of items flagged as account bound!

#10 Naunet

Naunet
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:39 PM

Will this actually apply to the individual decor items within a package? And dyes that salvaged from random dye boxes?

• Ildur likes this
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunderstorm; and these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

#11 BigDamnHeroes

BigDamnHeroes
  • Members
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

All,

We’ve taken your feedback on the changes with the Account Inventory system and have been working to provide to you a special tag on items, Account Bound, to help alleviate concerns with storing items for alt characters. This feature will be going to the live environment as soon as next week. The details:

• We will be introducing a new Account Bound flag for items.
  • Account Bound items can be mailed between characters on your account.
  • We intend for this feature to affect the following types of existing soulbound items:
    • Flasks and other consumable type items given via the Daily Login Reward system

Note:
When this feature is live, a majority of these items (as noted above) will be flagged as Account Bound. Any remaining items (this will mostly impact some consumable items from Daily Login) will be flagged in a following update.

Thanks!

I've been very vocally against the new system.. but, this looks like it will address most of the outstanding issues with it.  Thank You!

P.S.  Bigger bags, like say those account-wide 16 slotters from the new 30 day signature bundle would be a nice thing.. since we'll still need to put these items 'somewhere' instead of leaving them in account inventory like previously.

• Naunet and Cirinde like this

Visit the site! notesfromnexus.com, Follow on Twitter: @notesfromnexus,

#12 Peshyy

Peshyy
  • Members
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:39 PM

Will my Snarfelynx and other promo stuff be account-wide as well?

#13 Marshal Blueslinger

Marshal Blueslinger
  • Members

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:27 AM

Thank you Carbine for listening to your player base. As a big housing enthusiast i was really disappointed when the change was made ( i stopped buying anything). Now we can go back to breaking down the flagged account packs and doing what we do best..Promoting the great housing system , used by some amazingly talented people in a wonderful player bases community .

Be prepared for a flood or buying in your cash shop!!!

Kinds as always

Marshal

#14 ChroniclerC

ChroniclerC
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:11 AM

Yay!

I realize this idea is already being batted around, but I just want to again ask for this to also be applied to basically all Elder Gem (and Renown, Glory, and Prestige even?) vendor items that are currently Soulbound on pickup, notably the AMP and Ability Point upgrades.

Likal Coraer: Aurin Esper Explorer  "What's over there, and how badly does it want to kill me?" --- Lien Coraer: Aurin Stalker Scientist  "Stab it 'till it stops moving.  And then a couple more times to be sure."
Rill Doctur: Chua Medic Scientist "Hold still. This only hurt little.  ...  Later, lots." --- Novatek Gamma: Mecari Warrior Explorer  "If he wanted to keep his disgusting organs, he should have stayed behind me."

#15 Prez

Prez
  • Members
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:25 AM

This does not fix the fact that i want to buy bundles of keys and keep them in the account inventory for future use when i'm doing dungeons with my characters.

I want to have them available for all my 11 chars and not have to mail 1 for each before i queue.

It's not that hard to implement a button "Bind all to this character immediately"

• Naunet and Peshyy like this

The Utopia

Prez Belusky . Spellslinger DPS | Prez MD . Medic DPS

#16 Loui

Loui
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:20 AM

Make sure to also make Protostar Promissory Notes account wide!

Loui NaN <Bloodpact / Eugenic / Eugenified> EU-Jabbit Dominion - LUI Addon Developer: Projects

#17 CRB_Bardic

CRB_Bardic
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationA2-C098

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:30 AM

To reiterate from the original post:

At this point in time the only items changed over to Account Bound are the items of the types I had listed in bullet form:

Post introduction of this feature, our design team will look into the possibility of adding other items.

Glad you guys like the feature! :)

#18 Naunet

Naunet
  • Members

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:45 AM

To reiterate from the original post:

That doesn't actually clarify my question. D:

"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunderstorm; and these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

#19 CRB_Bardic

CRB_Bardic
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationA2-C098

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

Will this actually apply to the individual decor items within a package? And dyes that salvaged from random dye boxes?

I will have to check when I get back to work on Monday - but I assume the following:

- Decor: if it's individually showing the store offer, then they are marked account bound. if it's all wrapped up in a bag, then the bag may be the thing that is account bound. We'll have to probably special case things like Spring Decor Pack.

- Dyes: likely the dye box is the account bound part.

I'll edit this based on what I find. Again, this is a first pass.

Edited by CRB_Bardic, 11 June 2016 - 07:51 AM.

#20 Naunet

Naunet
  • Members

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:13 AM

Oof. Well, unless it's the individual decor that is account-bound, I guess I'll have to stick to avoiding purchasing that stuff for now. >_< Eagerly awaiting when you can double check this on Monday. Being able to pick and choose which character got what piece was super important - such as with the screen pack, or the hill pack. I never liked that the Spring Decor bag came out souldbound, either. What do a need a bazillion teapots or rainbows for when I just wanted more of the vines and flowers? It would be so much better to be able to send those things to alts who could use them.

Regarding dyes - surely you can see how silly it is to have the dyes themselves soulbound? XD

• Cirinde likes this