• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Pappy

Pappy

Game Director

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:37 AM

Hey all!

For those of you who don’t know, my name is Chad “Pappy” Moore, and I am the Game Director of WildStar. I think it’s safe to say that it’s been a big week for our game! Yesterday we released on Steam, and it’s been very exciting to see all of the new players coming in to check out the game, and joining our awesome community. Nexus is a big, wonderful, and mysterious place, and we couldn’t be happier to welcome you into the family.

Some advice to our new players: if you have any questions while you’re playing, don’t hesitate to reach out to us and the larger community for help. Anyone who has played the game will tell you that we have an extremely dedicated and supportive community that is ready to answer all of your questions about WildStar. Our official forums and social media channels are extremely active, and all of them are great places to find information about the game, content updates, and live events. You’ll probably run into some of our developers in-game too, so make sure to come up and introduce yourselves. We like to have fun, and we’re here to make sure that you’re enjoying the game as much as we are.

Releasing on Steam is big moment for us, but there are more exciting things that are coming up in the next few weeks and months. We’ve got some new PvP content releasing soon, which will further encourage and reward open world PvP. Two new race/class combinations—Chua Warrior and Aurin Engineer—will be available very soon, along with the ability to change your race and gender in our Chop Shop. We’re also adding multi-queuing to our Content Finder, as well as dropping the faction barrier in most of our instanced content in order to get more of you playing together. Are you a veteran player with a hankerin’ for a max-level alt? There might be some good news on the horizon. And, of course, we’ve got some brand new content—like Redmoon Terror, WildStar’s next unbelievably awesome raid—that’s just about ready for action. Sure, a lot of you are going to be having fun just leveling up (and we hope you enjoy it), but we also have a lot of cool stuff right around the corner.

As always, I want to thank all of you for playing WildStar, and being a part of this incomparable community. As I said before, Nexus is a big place, and the adventure is just beginning.

Pappy

#2 Mr CK

Mr CK
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:55 AM

Good road ahead
  • Cirinde, PlasmaJohn, xxviibe and 5 others like this

CK Jester

Disclaimer:

The views and opinions expressed in this post are soley those of the original author. These views and opinions do no necessarily represent those of Enigma, Spellslingers, and/or Dominion.

#3 Mayor DasMoose

Mayor DasMoose
  • Members
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:26 AM

Can't wait to see what new creations all you folks will be bringing to housing! Welcome to Nexus, cupcakes!
  • Roda, Cirinde, Marshal Blueslinger and 1 other like this
This forum post is brought to you by the Re-Elect Mayor DasMoose committee. Remember, a vote for DasMoose is a vote for the secret military police not to break in to your house at night and put a black bag over your head, taking you to a secret prison where you'll never be seen again!

#4 Bayou

Bayou
  • Members
  • Locationa tree

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:30 AM

Awesome, good to hear.

#5 Thiefje

Thiefje
  • Members
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:36 AM

Sounds like a lot of good things are about to happen for the road ahead.  :D

Characters || Varash Lightningstorm - Esper || Kaiynn Twilighthunter - Stalker || Kyllar Dusklight - Spellslinger || Myosh Dusklight - Engineer ||

Server || Jabbit EU ||

Faction || Exiles ||

#6 Ticon

Ticon
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:39 AM

Just came back last night after 6 months out of game and did 'Vault OF Archon'= this is the kind of content! i would love to see bi-monthly or sold as DLC!!!! =great job!!

-cheers!

• Aurin Spellslinger likes this

#7 Aurin Spellslinger

Aurin Spellslinger
  • Members
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:17 PM

Just came back last night after 6 months out of game and did 'Vault OF Archon'= this is the kind of content! i would love to see bi-monthly or sold as DLC!!!! =great job!!

-cheers!

I'd love to see it myself, but I think it would be an unrealistic expectation. After launch, Carbine moved from monthly to quarterly content updates.

While I know they're hard at work on "what's next?", I just don't see them being able to shorten the time to less than once a quarter.

More like every 4-6 months.

Avatar created by the talented Toart

#8 Rhodrick

Rhodrick
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

Are you a veteran player with a hankerin’ for a max-level alt? There might be some good news on the horizon.

Could we maybe get some more clarification on this? At first glance I saw max-level alt and thought, 'oh no, they going to start selling max lvl boosts in the cash shop.' But then I saw the veteran player thing, so do you have to have a max level character first? Are you going to start copying characters across factions? I'm rolling around in worst-case scenarios over here.

I know you can't tell us much, hence the vagueness of the statement, But this line just threw me for a loop! 

Lord Rhodrick

Destructive Nature - Entity

#9 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru
  • Members
  • LocationProbably a Random Dungeon

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:48 PM

Could we maybe get some more clarification on this? At first glance I saw max-level alt and thought, 'oh no, they going to start selling max lvl boosts in the cash shop.' But then I saw the veteran player thing, so do you have to have a max level character first? Are you going to start copying characters across factions? I'm rolling around in worst-case scenarios over here.

I know you can't tell us much, hence the vagueness of the statement, But this line just threw me for a loop! 

Sounds like it is centered around having a max level character already.

Pergo Alumnus Entity Exile Account 1 | Lord Sesshoumaru Tank/DPS Stalker | Lord Inuyasha Tank/DPS Stalker | Lord Naraku Tank/DPS Warrior | Lord Miroku Heal/DPS Slinger | Lady Kagura Tank/DPS Stalker

Entity Exile Account 2 | Ashelia Blackmoon DPS/Heal Medic | Beatrix Blackmoon Tank/DPS Warrior | Garnet Blackmoon DPS/Heals Slinger

#10 Wispykins

Wispykins
  • Members
  • LocationYou can't get there from here

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:56 PM

/happy dance

Wispy Lou - Stalker Wispy Loou - Spellslinger Wispy Louu - Warrior

Wispy Boo - Esper  Wispy ExMachina - Medic Qwispy Q - Engineer

Wispy Deux - Stalker (dominion)

#11 WS101

WS101
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:13 PM

Dropping faction barrier for instances? Does that mean expeditions, adventures, dungeons, AND raids?? Cross faction raids would be pretty cool.

#12 Jelletje

Jelletje
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:12 PM

Dropping faction barrier for instances? Does that mean expeditions, adventures, dungeons, AND raids?? Cross faction raids would be pretty cool.

As far as I know it's only for matchmade content so no raids. I would not mind being wrong here though.

Welcome to Wildstar everyone, enjoy your stay!

#13 Marshal Blueslinger

Marshal Blueslinger
  • Members

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:32 AM

Welcome all...if your an exile and a builder just poke any of us in the "Home Owners Association" in game  ( we usually have name flagged over our head) we will help you through the start up to your plot. ...and maybe a few free bits to :)

Kinds

Marshal

#14 ministabber

ministabber
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:26 AM

Make sure you word all future info right when talking about instant 50 chars. If there is even a hint of P2W, all the work you've done over the last few months will have been wasted! One of the top questions I get asked by new twitch players..." the game is not P2W is it " ATM I can tell them no!!! But if you cross that thin white line by selling to those just starting the game...I'll stand on every roof top and shout....DON'T PLAY THIS GAME

No communication, No road-map, No nothing.

AND

Giving me the power of a God does not renew my faith, it turns me into an atheist....Give me new lands, give me more lore and fishing.  

#15 Naunet

Naunet
  • Members

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:28 AM

Great news on the horizon! :) Can't wait for more.

"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunderstorm; and these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

#16 Scarling

Scarling
  • Guests
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:00 AM

Is it possible we could get something spelled out in terms of upcoming content and upcoming events, similar to this?

Scarling Darkspyre Dominion | Mechari | Medic Healer | Lecia Harcrow Dominion | Cassian| Engineer DPS | Scarlet Darkspyre Dominion | Cassian | Healslinger 

Leader of <Keepers of the Keg> 9/9 DS 15/15  | Team Toaster Oven
Looking for an active 3 day a week raid guild that likes to PvP? Have college, a family or work to consider? Is it beer o'clock? We're recruiting!

#17 Faara

Faara
  • Members

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:23 AM

Make sure you word all future info right when talking about instant 50 chars. If there is even a hint of P2W, all the work you've done over the last few months will have been wasted! One of the top questions I get asked by new twitch players..." the game is not P2W is it " ATM I can tell them no!!! But if you cross that thin white line by selling to those just starting the game...I'll stand on every roof top and shout....DON'T PLAY THIS GAME

Maybe he just wanted to hint at some upcoming changes to make the game more Alt-friendly? Accountbound dyes, AMP Unlock, Ability Unlock or other good changes? We just have to wait and see.

#18 Ebonyxi

Ebonyxi
  • Members

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:35 PM

My question is, will the shared instancing also apply to PVP? Because as much as I dislike carebearing it up, right now PVP battlegrounds look VERY top heavy on the Dominion side (tons of vets/totally geared out characters queueing while Exiles have a buncha people queueing for the first time/ungeared characters getting stomped) and I'm pretty worried that the PVP scene is going to go back to being as dead as it was a month or two ago. Would be nice to see if mixed up so people don't start declaring the PVP terrible and bail early.

#19 ministabber

ministabber
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:05 AM

Maybe he just wanted to hint at some upcoming changes to make the game more Alt-friendly? Accountbound dyes, AMP Unlock, Ability Unlock or other good changes? We just have to wait and see.

Hopefully they get things right, because sadly I've been down this road many times before and it never ends well. If you've watched any of the live streams ? It's hard not to notice most of the Devs are rubbish at the game, that's not being harsh, it's a fact!

Selling max level chars to those who already have other chars at max.

Good : because I've done this so many times I really know how to play.

Bad : because you return to dead start zones, new players once again start saying dead game and leave.

Selling max chars to new players.

Good : nothing good about it, pure P2W

Bad : like the devs you then get max level chars with no idea! While most of the community are great when it comes to helping new players, having maybe 3 out of 5 in a vet dungeon, with absolutely no idea what a talent does will be a disaster!!! Resulting in the dungeon queues being populated with P2W players only, they start leaving and moaning the game is hard. Now comes the final stage, to combat this the devs start to nerf content more and more...resulting in the rest of us getting pissed off and leaving......dead game   

• Olivar likes this

No communication, No road-map, No nothing.

AND

Giving me the power of a God does not renew my faith, it turns me into an atheist....Give me new lands, give me more lore and fishing.  

#20 beattlebilly

beattlebilly
  • Members
  • LocationI'm female, despite what you assume from my UserID.

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:55 AM

Good : nothing good about it, pure P2W

Bad : like the devs you then get max level chars with no idea! While most of the community are great when it comes to helping new players, having maybe 3 out of 5 in a vet dungeon, with absolutely no idea what a talent does will be a disaster!!! Resulting in the dungeon queues being populated with P2W players only, they start leaving and moaning the game is hard. Now comes the final stage, to combat this the devs start to nerf content more and more...resulting in the rest of us getting pissed off and leaving......dead game   

I think your "Bad" shows that it isn't P2W.

Bless your heart!

Entity Server

Doc Saunders, Dom Medic.  Momma Naitrix, Dom Stalker.  Elle Vyra, Dom Esper.  Sick Bubblegum, Mordesh Warrior.  Philly Derringer, Dom 'Slinger.  Whiskey Dahl, Exile Medic.  Shayde Facilier, Exile Esper.  Contagion Mary, Mordesh Stalker.  Alexis Nexus, Aurin 'Slinger.  Thunder Furry, Chua Warrior.