• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ChroniclerC

ChroniclerC
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:26 AM

Event post

Of note: Eko Particles can only be earned by playing Expeditions that are at the correct level range for your character. The level ranges for each Expedition are as follows:

• Level 6-12: Fragment Zero
  • Level 10-19: Outpost M-13
  • Level 17-27: Infestation
  • Level 25-31: Rage Logic
  • Level 29-33: Space Madness
  • Level 31-41: Deep Space Exploration
  • Level 39-49: Gauntlet
  • Level 50: Any Veteran Expedition or Vault of the Archon

Okay, so Vault is counting as an Expedition for the purposes of the event.  What about OMNIcore-1?
Also, side-question; Does the lockbox at the end of Vault pull from the VotA loot table in addition to the Expedition loot table, or just the Expedition loot table?  I spent a (freebie) key fishing for one of the i85 gadgets and just got an Expedition pet I already had. (Soulbound, of course.   :(  Please unbind the Expedition Pets/Mounts.)

And remember, you can always trade anything you get from a Space Chase Case with your friends, or buy/sell them at the auction house.

Thank you for not making things Soulbound.  Even though I hate RNG boxes with a passion, this is a step up.  I would still rather be able to just directly buy the exact items I want, though.

But that’s not all! Space Chase Cases now also have a chance to drop rare NPC décor for Artemis Zin and Dorian Walker, as well as a Dog of War mount and Lonely Lost Larva pet, along with gold, Service Tokens, and various flasks. But you can also get the décor, mount, and pet (and music tracks mentioned above) directly from the Expeditions in the form of new mini-cases that have a chance to drop at the end of Expeditions.

When you say "the Decor", do you just mean the Artemis/Dorian NPC decor, the Space Cadet NPC decor, the ship parts decor, the ship replica decor, or some combination of the above?  There's a lot of decor in the event post.
Additionally, will the mini-cases only drop during the duration of the event, or are they a permanent addition?  Also, how rare is "rare"?  One-in-twenty or one-in-twenty-hundred?

Edited by ChroniclerC, 08 June 2016 - 11:27 AM.

• Naunet, PlasmaJohn and Shendorion like this
Likal Coraer: Aurin Esper Explorer  "What's over there, and how badly does it want to kill me?" --- Lien Coraer: Aurin Stalker Scientist  "Stab it 'till it stops moving.  And then a couple more times to be sure."
Rill Doctur: Chua Medic Scientist "Hold still. This only hurt little.  ...  Later, lots." --- Novatek Gamma: Mecari Warrior Explorer  "If he wanted to keep his disgusting organs, he should have stayed behind me."

#2 Makillda

Makillda
  • Members

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:36 AM

Do the mini-cases require a key to open?

• Naunet likes this

currently stockpiling nickles and dimes

I have finally had my fill of f2p games. I'm back playing where I pay my money and can earn what I want.

#3 CRB_Caydiem

CRB_Caydiem
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:25 PM

Here you go!

• OMNICore-1 does not count for Space Chase, which is why we specified Vault of the Archon. OMNICore-1 is a solo experience and we wanted to focus on the 1-5 scaling experiences.
    • The lockbox is an Expedition lockbox at the end of VotA, since you asked. :)
  • "The decor" mentioned in the Space Chase Mini-Case refers to the Artemis Zin and Dorian Walker NPC decor.
  • Mini-Cases only drop when the event is active.
  • Mini-Cases do not require a key to open!
  • I don't have the loot table math in front of me, so I can't give you specifics on the drop rate, but "rare" is accurate.

#4 beattlebilly

beattlebilly
  • Members
  • LocationI'm female, despite what you assume from my UserID.

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:38 PM

Here you go!

• OMNICore-1 does not count for Space Chase, which is why we specified Vault of the Archon. OMNICore-1 is a solo experience and we wanted to focus on the 1-5 scaling experiences.
  • "The decor" mentioned in the Space Chase Mini-Case refers to the Artemis Zin and Dorian Walker NPC decor.
  • I don't have the loot table math in front of me, so I can't give you specifics on the drop rate, but "rare" is accurate.

OMG Thank you :D

• Makillda likes this

Bless your heart!

Entity Server

Doc Saunders, Dom Medic.  Momma Naitrix, Dom Stalker.  Elle Vyra, Dom Esper.  Sick Bubblegum, Mordesh Warrior.  Philly Derringer, Dom 'Slinger.  Whiskey Dahl, Exile Medic.  Shayde Facilier, Exile Esper.  Contagion Mary, Mordesh Stalker.  Alexis Nexus, Aurin 'Slinger.  Thunder Furry, Chua Warrior.

#5 EsperXIV

EsperXIV
  • Members
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:47 PM

I'm pretty mixed about this event. It's great to see that you've added a few new items, and I love that people have a chance to get stuff from mini-cases. However...

"Space Chase Cases now also have a chance to drop rare NPC décor for Artemis Zin and Dorian Walker, as well as a Dog of War mount and Lonely Lost Larva pet, along with gold, Service Tokens, and various flasks. "

Are you telling us that filler rewards have now been added to cash shop-purchased Space Cases? That seems like a big step back from last time.

• Ekzentric Lohner likes this

#6 beattlebilly

beattlebilly
  • Members
  • LocationI'm female, despite what you assume from my UserID.

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:04 PM

I'm pretty mixed about this event. It's great to see that you've added a few new items, and I love that people have a chance to get stuff from mini-cases. However...

"Space Chase Cases now also have a chance to drop rare NPC décor for Artemis Zin and Dorian Walker, as well as a Dog of War mount and Lonely Lost Larva pet, along with gold, Service Tokens, and various flasks. "

Are you telling us that filler rewards have now been added to cash shop-purchased Space Cases? That seems like a big step back from last time.

:)  Don't mean this to seem confrontational :)  How do you mean it's a step back?

I could be wrong, but I think it means that you'll get a chance at the NPC Decor or the mount or the pet, and you will also get gold, service tokens, and random flasks to go with them, not in place of them.

Bless your heart!

Entity Server

Doc Saunders, Dom Medic.  Momma Naitrix, Dom Stalker.  Elle Vyra, Dom Esper.  Sick Bubblegum, Mordesh Warrior.  Philly Derringer, Dom 'Slinger.  Whiskey Dahl, Exile Medic.  Shayde Facilier, Exile Esper.  Contagion Mary, Mordesh Stalker.  Alexis Nexus, Aurin 'Slinger.  Thunder Furry, Chua Warrior.

#7 Ekzentric Lohner

Ekzentric Lohner
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

:)  Don't mean this to seem confrontational :)  How do you mean it's a step back?
I could be wrong, but I think it means that you'll get a chance at the NPC Decor or the mount or the pet, and you will also get gold, service tokens, and random flasks to go with them, not in place of them.

I certainly hope so. They did learn from their mistake with the first Boss Hunter event and removed the filler in the second one, so I'm hopeful that this is good+filler and not good/filler.

#8 EsperXIV

EsperXIV
  • Members
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:13 PM

I would bet real money that these aren't 'in addition to' but 'in place of'. This totally seems to me like they are pulling a Madame Fay and padding the Space Chase cases with filler drops. :unsure:

If it just means we get extra goodies alongside the meat, then awesome. But that seems optimistic to me. :o

#9 Makillda

Makillda
  • Members

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:37 PM

Here you go!

This is win. We can finally acquire the stuff by playing. Well done, Carbine.

• beattlebilly likes this

currently stockpiling nickles and dimes

I have finally had my fill of f2p games. I'm back playing where I pay my money and can earn what I want.

#10 Cantatus

Cantatus
  • Members

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:00 PM

This is win. We can finally acquire the stuff by playing. Well done, Carbine.

Yep, fantastic change for sure.  Even if the chance of getting something really good from these boxes is minimal, it encourages people to actually play expeditions rather than just play the gamble box game with the store.  Glad to see Carbine took our feedback and listened to it. :)

• Roda, beattlebilly and Makillda like this

#11 ChroniclerC

ChroniclerC
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:07 PM

Thank you, Caydiem! ^_^
Likal Coraer: Aurin Esper Explorer  "What's over there, and how badly does it want to kill me?" --- Lien Coraer: Aurin Stalker Scientist  "Stab it 'till it stops moving.  And then a couple more times to be sure."
Rill Doctur: Chua Medic Scientist "Hold still. This only hurt little.  ...  Later, lots." --- Novatek Gamma: Mecari Warrior Explorer  "If he wanted to keep his disgusting organs, he should have stayed behind me."

#12 Ekzentric Lohner

Ekzentric Lohner
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:11 PM

Where are Artemis's glasses? She looks odd without them...

space-chase-2-new-items.jpg
  • Cantatus likes this

#13 Pappy

Pappy

Game Director

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:24 PM

Hey all! Just wanted to chime in here. Glad to hear that you are excited about the changes that we made to the event. All of them were based 100% on your feedback.

Looking forward to chasing some space with all of you! 

Pappy

#14 Roda

Roda
  • Members

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

*Clutches heart*

*Slips out of chair*

The..

Perfection

ok its still rng and i'm biased against rng but good golly gosh ty for not making us buy rng.

Edited by Roda, 08 June 2016 - 05:46 PM.

#15 BigDamnHeroes

BigDamnHeroes
  • Members
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:27 PM

Hey all! Just wanted to chime in here. Glad to hear that you are excited about the changes that we made to the event. All of them were based 100% on your feedback.

Looking forward to chasing some space with all of you! 

Pappy

Any plans to address the feedback regarding the Cashgrab-iversary?
  • Naunet, Roda and Makillda like this

Visit the site! notesfromnexus.com, Follow on Twitter: @notesfromnexus,