WildStar Coming to Steam

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Conguero

Conguero

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:23 AM

We’ve been hard at work preparing WildStar for Steam, and are happy to share that we’re expecting to go live within the next couple weeks. We have some final tweaks and changes to make (mainly just behind-the-scenes prep work) to ensure it goes as smoothly as possible, and we’re nearly done.

In order to better support the launch on Steam, we’re also making some enhancements that will result in greater account security for everyone. We expect these to go live next week, and while the vast majority of players won’t need to do anything to enjoy the increased account security, we’ll have more info on how to take advantage of it if your account requires further action.

We’re excited to launch into the next exciting stage for WildStar, and appreciate your love and support in helping us ensure it’s a success.

Thanks!

Team WildStar

The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalyn Carter.

Twitter@talkingcongas

#2 Elene

Elene
  • Members

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:26 AM

whoop! Make sure you let us know beforehand on a date! I want to hang out in the lowbie areas and help people out, let them see we can be a friendly community!

• meerling likes this

"A home is always worth fighting for."

Eva's Deviantart | Eva's Art Stream | Commissions closed!

#3 Ekzentric Lohner

Ekzentric Lohner
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:28 AM

Are you planning on having a way to send purchases to account inventory instead of character inventory by then?
  • JoeyD, meerling, SnowFox102 and 3 others like this

#4 Foul Wind

Foul Wind
  • Members
  • LocationChicago Area

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:37 AM

linked this post in a steam page post.  might want to put a sticky there.  seems like a lot of steam players lurk on that site for info, and they may not come to these forums.  just a suggestion.

• meerling and Ethunyiel like this

Foul Wind - Esper Dominion - Biggy Shorty - Warrior Dominion - Klickety Klankz - Engineer Dominion - Hot Garbage - Stalker Dominion - Filth Pig - Medic Dominion - Slim Trigger - Spellslinger Dominion

Telly Kinesis - Esper Exile - Death Breath - Warrior Exile - Phaze Slayer - Stalker Exile - Shock Lock - Medic Exile - Dead Shots - Spellslinger Exile

Entity Server, 6/6 Genetic Archives, 9/9 (15/15) Datascape, 1/2 Y-83 Normal, 1/2 Y-83 Prime, 4/7 Red Moon Terror

#5 PlasmaJohn

PlasmaJohn
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:44 AM

We’re excited to launch into the next exciting stage for WildStar, and appreciate your love and support in helping us ensure it’s a success.

Much luck and well wishes!  Thanks for an incredible game and I look forward to a bright future.

• Cirinde likes this

"Talent is a pursued interest. Anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." -- Bob Ross

#6 FargoneMyth

FargoneMyth
  • Members

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:04 AM

I hope that the Steam release brings in enough revenue to put the game back on its feet and give you guys more room to hire devs n' stuff. ^^

#7 crazeOne

crazeOne
  • Members
  • Locationsan diego

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:15 AM

Super happy about this. As Fargone, mentioned, hopefully they can hire on some Developers to push the PVP scene. One can only pray. Good luck team wildstar. Protect our gaming home.

Been gaming since the late 70's.          Favorite game of all time: Myth 2:Soulblighter      Favorite FPS of all time: Unreal Tournament       Favorite Current Game: What else...Wildstar of course

#8 Chronic Gamer

Chronic Gamer
  • Members

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:16 AM

This is exciting! Ive been waiting for this for a while now  :)

#9 SnowFox102

SnowFox102
  • Members

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:29 AM

Are you planning on having a way to send purchases to account inventory instead of character inventory by then?

I reaaaaalllly hope so. New players probably wouldn't pick up on how bad that is right away because most won't have alts at first, but buying bundles of things really makes no sense if you have more than one character and we really don't need anything putting people off right now.

Here's hoping for a smooth Steam launch!

• JoeyD, meerling and frankenbunny like this

For the Crate!

Main Characters: Mei Lei - Frenzi Kasset - Co-captain of Heroes For Hire (Entity)

My gaming Tumblr - Official-unofficial WS news Tumblr

#10 ministabber

ministabber
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:37 AM

I talked in another thread about anybody at Carbine having 2 or more brain cells ? Hope the new security thing is not forcing all players to use 2-step ? Because that won't end well!

No communication, No road-map, No nothing.

AND

Giving me the power of a God does not renew my faith, it turns me into an atheist....Give me new lands, give me more lore and fishing.  

#11 SnowFox102

SnowFox102
  • Members

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:34 AM

I talked in another thread about anybody at Carbine having 2 or more brain cells ? Hope the new security thing is not forcing all players to use 2-step ? Because that won't end well!

How so? Since it only runs on Windows anyway I'm unaware of anything that limits someone from using 2FA.

For the Crate!

Main Characters: Mei Lei - Frenzi Kasset - Co-captain of Heroes For Hire (Entity)

My gaming Tumblr - Official-unofficial WS news Tumblr

#12 WANDAL

WANDAL
  • Members

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:06 PM

I hope you have fix for crashes on live server before steam, cuz that will not end up well otherwise. +lately there are DC all over the place - those are new steam servers right, instead of mega lags as on F2P, now ppl will be disconnecting all the time?

#13 Naunet

Naunet
  • Members

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:50 PM

Great to hear! :D I can't wait.

"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunderstorm; and these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

#14 PAcifisti

PAcifisti
  • Members

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:50 PM

I hope you have fix for crashes on live server before steam, cuz that will not end up well otherwise. +lately there are DC all over the place - those are new steam servers right, instead of mega lags as on F2P, now ppl will be disconnecting all the time?

DC's and random lag have been going ever since they moved to the megaserver hosting location just before drop 3. The thread about them and tracing to the exact nodes that lagged (inside the datacenter) ran for nearly 100 pages and lead to nothing. I don't expect anything to change if NCSoft cant spank the datacenter to fix their shit. Not sure if they care, or if they pay enough to guarantee a good service to all clients.

#15 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru
  • Members
  • LocationProbably a Random Dungeon

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:26 PM

Will this save us. We will see.

Pergo Alumnus Entity Exile Account 1 | Lord Sesshoumaru Tank/DPS Stalker | Lord Inuyasha Tank/DPS Stalker | Lord Naraku Tank/DPS Warrior | Lord Miroku Heal/DPS Slinger | Lady Kagura Tank/DPS Stalker

Entity Exile Account 2 | Ashelia Blackmoon DPS/Heal Medic | Beatrix Blackmoon Tank/DPS Warrior | Garnet Blackmoon DPS/Heals Slinger

#16 Mazaki

Mazaki
  • Members

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:34 PM

Wildstar after one week on Steam ..

10p13l3.png

#17 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru
  • Members
  • LocationProbably a Random Dungeon

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

I get that people wanted to leave the game and left.. But that doesn't mean they have to kill it for the rest of us. Situations like this are the reason I hate 99.5% of the world.

Edited by Sesshoumaru, 03 June 2016 - 02:42 PM.

• Naunet and zombiechan like this

Pergo Alumnus Entity Exile Account 1 | Lord Sesshoumaru Tank/DPS Stalker | Lord Inuyasha Tank/DPS Stalker | Lord Naraku Tank/DPS Warrior | Lord Miroku Heal/DPS Slinger | Lady Kagura Tank/DPS Stalker

Entity Exile Account 2 | Ashelia Blackmoon DPS/Heal Medic | Beatrix Blackmoon Tank/DPS Warrior | Garnet Blackmoon DPS/Heals Slinger

#18 Ufalicious

Ufalicious
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:14 PM

I get that people wanted to leave the game and left.. But that doesn't mean they have to kill it for the rest of us. Situations like this are the reason I hate 99.5% of the world.

Eh they failed over and over so its expected to get slammed on steam. The game itself is good but the company behind it is shit and reviews are based on both and as good as wildstar is it doesnt make up for the shit show of a company behind it.

Ufa Ufa 

#19 svkra1973

svkra1973
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:42 AM

Hopfully the Servers will be ready this time to handle a bigger amount of players (not the F2P Desaster, where game was nearly unplayable for weeks until so many people left that the servers could handle it again). And I hope that till then the remaining bugs are fixed (falling through the map bug, game crashes in raids. Both things are still in the game).

Wildstar is the best mmo out there, and i hope new players will find it's way to this game, so that guild's have the chance again to find people who like to raid.

• frankenbunny likes this

NextLab - www.nextlab.de - Jabbit - Exciles

Genetic Archives (6/6) - Datascape (9/9 15/15) - RedmoonTerror (4/7) - Y83 (1/2)

​Characters: Satania Silverwood (Stalker DPS)

#20 PAcifisti

PAcifisti
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:50 AM

Hopfully the Servers will be ready this time to handle a bigger amount of players (not the F2P Desaster, where game was nearly unplayable for weeks until so many people left that the servers could handle it again). And I hope that till then the remaining bugs are fixed (falling through the map bug, game crashes in raids. Both things are still in the game).

Wildstar is the best mmo out there, and i hope new players will find it's way to this game, so that guild's have the chance again to find people who like to raid.

Unlike most people think, the F2P lag was not as much about the amount of people, it was more about the huge bug causing a massive bottleneck at the account / inventory server that slowed everything to crawl. How do we know that? Cos it kept lagging even during the nights / early mornings when the amount of people was way below than what we had during primetime. The F2P Disaster happened cos they wanted to push drop 6 and F2P live at the same time, without first trying drop 6 with any reasonable number of people. It would've lagged even without F2P the amount we had in drop 5.

(ie: if it was simply just about servers not being able to handle the amount, it would've died down in early mornings / late nights, but it didnt. The loot lag stayed until the server restart, pretty much irregardless of the player amount)

Edited by PAcifisti, 04 June 2016 - 03:53 AM.

• Mikhaelias Delkiir likes this