Question about account inventory change

ui account inventory

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#1 SnowFox102

SnowFox102
  • Members

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

The Account Inventory will now only house account bound items (Items that already exist in your Account Inventory will keep  their previous functionality until they are all claimed down).

Does this mean that if you, for example, bought a pack of 3 lockbox keys, they'd all get sent to the character currently being played? Because that's not a good idea. I often buy things like that and spread them out among my characters as needed. For example if I got a C.A.T. on my main and still had keys left, I would probably want to use the remaining keys on a different character, possibly one on the opposite faction.

Similarly, I pick up login rewards on the first character I log in to, but if it's a soulbound item I may want it on a different character and prefer to leave it in account inventory. Especially XP flasks.

I'm not able to check right now, if I could I'd find out myself instead of asking. :P

• Naunet, Meyoline, Roda and 6 others like this

For the Crate!

Main Characters: Mei Lei - Frenzi Kasset - Co-captain of Heroes For Hire (Entity)

My gaming Tumblr - Official-unofficial WS news Tumblr

#2 Drakus_Mortem

Drakus_Mortem
  • Members

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

A very good question. One I'd really like an answer to as well - because there's no point in buying in bulk if I have to have 9 keys on one toon..... I've got 7 50's....

But to add to this discussion, can you guys maybe make the flasks from daily login stack? It's bad enough I often don't know where to put these, but the do not stack with the exact same type of flask bought from the store.

• Roda, Bathory Bane, Peshyy and 2 others like this

#3 CRB_Bardic

CRB_Bardic
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationA2-C098

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

Store purchasing now goes directly to the character's inventory that you're playing. If you want to send what you're buying to an alt, you can use the Gift button to do so.

For login rewards, clicking on the Claim rewards button on the Welcome Window will push them to your logged in character. If you don't want the login rewards for that day going to that character, I'd recommend logging into the one you do want them on to claim down.

#4 Mr CK

Mr CK
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:38 AM

So if you haven't claimed daily rewards for let's say 30 days. All of the shit is going to one character. No way to distribute?
  • Peshyy likes this

CK Jester

Disclaimer:

The views and opinions expressed in this post are soley those of the original author. These views and opinions do no necessarily represent those of Enigma, Spellslingers, and/or Dominion.

#5 CRB_Bardic

CRB_Bardic
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationA2-C098

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:42 AM

So if you haven't claimed daily rewards for let's say 30 days. All of the shit is going to one character. No way to distribute?

We do not have a way to individually claim down a login reward, so in this instance, anything not yet claimed is going to be pushed to your logged in character.

EDIT: This means that you never claimed login rewards, which had them go into account inventory. If you had already pushed this button and the items were sitting in account inventory, you can still bind them down to whichever character you want.

We can look into providing an option like this in the future for this system.

(this would only be a concern for consumables given through this system - pets, toys, skies, and such are multi-redeem and can still be claimed down by all characters using the Account Inventory UI)

Edited by CRB_Bardic, 18 May 2016 - 11:10 AM.

#6 Mr CK

Mr CK
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:48 AM

Is there a size limit to the account inventory? Cause I never use anything from it. I still have over 50 boom boxes. Also what happens when it is full and you claim something? Goes away or...?

CK Jester

Disclaimer:

The views and opinions expressed in this post are soley those of the original author. These views and opinions do no necessarily represent those of Enigma, Spellslingers, and/or Dominion.

#7 Drakus_Mortem

Drakus_Mortem
  • Members

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

But Bardic, I might've misread, but that wasn't very clear on bulk purchases. I like to buy keys in groups of 9, because It's a good deal, but I do not necessarily want them all on one toon. So Are you saying If I buy in 9, they are all stuck on one toon, or is there a way to split those?

Because if they all go to one toon, they're not as good of a deal as they used to be.

• SnowFox102, Meyoline, Smiley and 5 others like this

#8 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

For login rewards, clicking on the Claim rewards button on the Welcome Window will push them to your logged in character. If you don't want the login rewards for that day going to that character, I'd recommend logging into the one you do want them on to claim down.

Does this mean that xp pots gotten from log in rewards can't be saved for future alts?

• SnowFox102, Roda, Bathory Bane and 2 others like this

[Entity] [Exile] <The Crescent Order> | 4/7 RMT | TCO Raiding Info

Wildstar-Hub Owner | Public/Group Calendars for Event Management

Chet Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Rythar Silverfury: Warrior | Liz Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Chet Awesomeshot: Spellslinger

#9 Mr CK

Mr CK
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

Does this mean that xp pots gotten from log in rewards can't be saved for future alts?

Correct
  • Peshyy likes this

CK Jester

Disclaimer:

#10 Mr CK

Mr CK
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

POPULAR

Essentially what they've done is trade the hassle of the old system for the inflexibility of this new system. Not really an improvement just bad in a different way.
  • SnowFox102, Meyoline, Roda and 9 others like this

CK Jester

Disclaimer:

#11 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

POPULAR

Correct

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Roda, Smiley, PlasmaJohn and 7 others like this

[Entity] [Exile] <The Crescent Order> | 4/7 RMT | TCO Raiding Info

Wildstar-Hub Owner | Public/Group Calendars for Event Management

Chet Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Rythar Silverfury: Warrior | Liz Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Chet Awesomeshot: Spellslinger

#12 Mr CK

Mr CK
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Just don't claim till they fix it. Hold out!

Or perhaps ticket it?

Edited by Mr CK, 18 May 2016 - 11:01 AM.

CK Jester

Disclaimer:

#13 CRB_Bardic

CRB_Bardic
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationA2-C098

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:04 AM

But Bardic, I might've misread, but that wasn't very clear on bulk purchases. I like to buy keys in groups of 9, because It's a good deal, but I do not necessarily want them all on one toon. So Are you saying If I buy in 9, they are all stuck on one toon, or is there a way to split those?

Because if they all go to one toon, they're not as good of a deal as they used to be.

The Lockbox x9 is a single store offer - the 9 keys would go down to the logged in character.

There's no way to split things up anymore like in the old system. This was a tradeoff we made in order to provide a more streamlined system - and more used. We were finding a lot of folks generally got confused as to how to use the system.

#14 Wispykins

Wispykins
  • Members
  • LocationYou can't get there from here

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

Ugh! I have several things in my account inventory that I have been saving for future alts or that I got with the Humble bundle and haven't decided which toon to give them to yet.

When making changes of this type having a bit of notice would really help. 

I really would have liked to get a fair warning about this ahead of time so I could have spent some time last night distributing my loot to the appropriate character and I barely have enough bag space on any of them as it is.

Now I have to choose which one gets everything? I really don't like this situation I have one alt who is not at 50 for xp pots, a different one who needs the harvesting pots and another one that will get the decor items. 

• SnowFox102, Roda, Smiley and 6 others like this

Wispy Lou - Stalker Wispy Loou - Spellslinger Wispy Louu - Warrior

Wispy Boo - Esper  Wispy ExMachina - Medic Qwispy Q - Engineer

Wispy Deux - Stalker (dominion)

#15 CRB_Bardic

CRB_Bardic
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationA2-C098

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:11 AM

Ugh! I have several things in my account inventory that I have been saving for future alts or that I got with the Humble bundle and haven't decided which toon to give them to yet.

I really would have liked to get a fair warning about this ahead of time so I could have spent some time last night distributing my loot to the appropriate character and I barely have enough bag space on any of them as it is.

Now I have to choose which one gets everything? I really don't like this situation I have one alt who is not at 50 for xp pots, a different one who needs the harvesting pots and another one that will get the decor items. 

To clarify stuff that was still hanging out in your account inventory prior to the patch was not affected. This only applies to anything that is purchased or claimed from welcome window (gotta click the button to perform the action) post patch.

Edited by CRB_Bardic, 18 May 2016 - 11:13 AM.

#16 Mr CK

Mr CK
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:13 AM

The Lockbox x9 is a single store offer - the 9 keys would go down to the logged in character.

There's no way to split things up anymore like in the old system. This was a tradeoff we made in order to provide a more streamlined system - and more used. We were finding a lot of folks generally got confused as to how to use the system.

Bam called it. TRADEOFFS. You reduced functionality of the system to Inc ease of use. Now while that typically isn't bad. Normally software keeps the functionality but puts it aside. Like limiting default toolbar options. You can still do x,y,z but they require you know the system. But you guys just removed x,y,z all together. This could have been handled way better IMO and if this isn't just a first step to fixing it I'd be surprised. Hopefully you have plans to restore x,y,z

Edited by Mr CK, 18 May 2016 - 11:13 AM.

• SnowFox102, Smiley, PlasmaJohn and 5 others like this

CK Jester

Disclaimer:

#17 zappy

zappy
  • Members
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:13 AM

The Account Inventory will now only house account bound items (Items that already exist in your Account Inventory will keep  their previous functionality until they are all claimed down).

New World Order -- 9/9 (14/15) DS

zap py <engineer>    zapp y <spellslinger>    za ppy <medic>    powerlink slave <warrior>    spellslinger name <stalker>    zap ped <engineer>    zappi ness <warrior>    zappy bot <medic>    zap aholic <engineer>    z appy <esper>    xappy xenob <stalker>    zap aroni <engineer>

Hi! I'm zappy and I'm colorblind (and the bailout king)

#18 zappy

zappy
  • Members
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:15 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

rip everything (non-account) from here on out... prolly just gonna go directly to whichever toon i log onto first for the day... cause i cba to actually swap toons :P

honestly not too worried though... i prolly was just gonna hoard all that stuff till the end of time anyways... and this way the inventory will remain slightly less cluttered.

• SlyJeff likes this

New World Order -- 9/9 (14/15) DS

zap py <engineer>    zapp y <spellslinger>    za ppy <medic>    powerlink slave <warrior>    spellslinger name <stalker>    zap ped <engineer>    zappi ness <warrior>    zappy bot <medic>    zap aholic <engineer>    z appy <esper>    xappy xenob <stalker>    zap aroni <engineer>

Hi! I'm zappy and I'm colorblind (and the bailout king)

#19 Naunet

Naunet
  • Members

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:17 AM

POPULAR

Store purchasing now goes directly to the character's inventory that you're playing. If you want to send what you're buying to an alt, you can use the Gift button to do so.

This is a really bad change. >_> Can I gift things to my alts with omnibit purchases now? What if I don't KNOW what character I want something on (like a decor pack) but I want to purchase it? Awful all around.

I'm really confused because I never once felt that the account inventory was a hassle before.

Edited by Naunet, 18 May 2016 - 11:18 AM.

• SnowFox102, Meyoline, Roda and 12 others like this
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunderstorm; and these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

#20 Roda

Roda
  • Members

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:12 AM

To clarify stuff that was still hanging out in your account inventory prior to the patch was not affected. This only applies to anything that is purchased or claimed from welcome window (gotta click the button to perform the action) post patch.

On the flip side, I still had two junkyard dogs I had not commited to my account yet, and I clicked the "Bind to ACCOUNT" button on the account inventory, and they both bound to my character that I had already claimed one on.

• SnowFox102 and Atomicpanda like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ui, account inventory