Challenge Extended: Race To 50! 4/23 2:00 EST

Stream Challenge Leveling Dungeons

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:06 AM

A handful of TCO members are giving ourselves a fun and exciting challenge next Saturday- we are going to group up, start at level 3, and get to 50 ASAP, using instances as much as possible. We have assembled a 5 man team and plan to run all the dungeons, and maybe a few adventures and expeditions along the way. We will NOT be getting carries from higher level toons- all of this will be handled within our own 5 man team with the resources available to us (including xp flasks) as fresh toons.

We are starting at 2:00 EST, and will go to either 12:00 midnight EST, or 50, whichever comes first!

If you are crazy enough that this sounds fun, you can watch the whole thing on Kal Scattergood's stream for Exile, or Revee's stream for Dominion. Not only will they be streaming the entire journey, but NCSoft has provided Kal with giveaways for those watching the stream and chatting with her.

And if you are SO crazy this sounds like something you'd actually like to DO alongside us, then feel free to create your own group and give it a whirl!

Anyway, bottom line is, we are going to group up and stream some crazy WS players doing ALL THE THINGS (er, dungeons) and we think it's going to be a hoot, so we'd love people to come on out and cheer us on (or heckle us, or whatever!)

Edited by SlyJeff, 23 April 2016 - 09:42 AM.

• Roda, Tea, WiENFY and 4 others like this

[Entity] [Exile] <The Crescent Order> | 4/7 RMT | TCO Raiding Info

Wildstar-Hub Owner | Public/Group Calendars for Event Management

Chet Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Rythar Silverfury: Warrior | Liz Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Chet Awesomeshot: Spellslinger

#2 ministabber

ministabber
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:50 AM

Hope you finish well before 12....Kal will never ...ever...EVER...last that long :)

• Kal Scattergood likes this

No communication, No road-map, No nothing.

AND

Giving me the power of a God does not renew my faith, it turns me into an atheist....Give me new lands, give me more lore and fishing.  

#3 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:30 AM

Haha- I've seen her stream a 4 hour GA AFTER streaming four hours. We will definitely take breaks along the way :)

Chet Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Rythar Silverfury: Warrior | Liz Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Chet Awesomeshot: Spellslinger

#4 Walrin

Walrin
  • Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:14 PM

And if you are SO crazy this sounds like something you'd actually like to DO alongside us, then we are completely open to having multiple "teams" go at the same time. Of course, it would be hard to ensure everyone is sticking to the "rules" (no carries, no exploits), and there isn't a prize for winning, but we just think it would be fun to have a few groups going at the same time. I know we have another partial group formed that needs (currently) three more people, so if you are interested don't hesitate to contact me. These groups wouldn't have to be exile (though we are leveling exile), or even on entity, though I realize the timezone would be prohibitive for an EU team to go at the same time. But anyone who would want to take part is welcome to participate.

Would the additional groups be open to having characters join in once the group reaches the right level? I'd be very interested in doing this (partly for variety, partly to get more experience with adventures and dungeons), but I've created all the characters I want and the lowest level ones are 24-25. And those are all Dominion.

The schedule would work out better that way too; I'd estimate that the level difference would just about offset the time difference (i.e. you guys would hit the mid-20s about 2-3 hours in). :)

If that doesn't work, no worries, have fun!

#5 Kal Scattergood

Kal Scattergood
  • Members

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:04 PM

Thank goodness for Chet's planned breaks! Otherwise ministabber is right, I will most likely get incredibly punchy. Hope to see you all there!

• PlasmaJohn and SlyJeff like this

#6 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

Would the additional groups be open to having characters join in once the group reaches the right level? I'd be very interested in doing this (partly for variety, partly to get more experience with adventures and dungeons), but I've created all the characters I want and the lowest level ones are 24-25. And those are all Dominion.

The schedule would work out better that way too; I'd estimate that the level difference would just about offset the time difference (i.e. you guys would hit the mid-20s about 2-3 hours in). :)

If that doesn't work, no worries, have fun!

I know some other people who are interested at starting at different levels. So I dunno, let's just toss out ideas if people want to participate or whatever. Like if you are interested in trying to do some pre-made group leveling during that timeframe, post a window you'll be available and what levels you have. Maybe some groups can form?

I'm just going with it- so whatever we can do to have fun, let's do it :)

#7 Nazryn

Nazryn
  • Members
  • LocationLA (the state, not City)

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:41 AM

I'm super excited to see the results! Good luck Jeff and Co. ! I'll be cheering you on :3

• PlasmaJohn and SlyJeff like this

#8 Wispykins

Wispykins
  • Members
  • LocationYou can't get there from here

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

What a fantastic idea! If I wasn't already trying to gear up two brand new 50's I would start a toon and try to make a group to join in the fun... I might change my mind and do it anyway, I still need a medic and an esper in my arsenal.

• MedicMelawen likes this

Wispy Lou - Stalker Wispy Loou - Spellslinger Wispy Louu - Warrior

Wispy Boo - Esper  Wispy ExMachina - Medic Qwispy Q - Engineer

Wispy Deux - Stalker (dominion)

#9 Kelimbror

Kelimbror
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

I leveled two characters the past two weekends, one in 18 hrs and one in 19. Oddly enough, the 19 hour one was not double XP. Clearly I learned a few things from my experience last week. I'm personally exhausted of leveling (and need to focus on my finally decided main), but I wish you all the best.

Hopefully people with a second monitor or playing another game will check out the stream and give the game some visibility on Twitch. I know that's a lot to hope for, but interest should be picking up soon.

• PlasmaJohn likes this

BAD WOLF

#10 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:26 AM

Hopefully people with a second monitor or playing another game will check out the stream and give the game some visibility on Twitch. I know that's a lot to hope for, but interest should be picking up soon.

I'm not going to lie, this is a part of my hope too. I don't want to embarrass her too much, but Kal's stream I think is one of the best advertisements for WS. She just really demonstrates what this game can be, beyond just a static list of features and content. Her attitude is infectious!

And so, while I thought to do this thing before Kal showed an interest, I was glad she decided to stream it, because it should (assuming we are any good!) highlight some of the best content this game has to offer. I fell in love when I first did Stormtalon at level 20, and it would be cool to show an outsider what that (and other dungeons) look like.

Edited by SlyJeff, 18 April 2016 - 09:27 AM.

#11 Kelimbror

Kelimbror
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:29 AM

I remember geeking out about ST the first time I did it too. I was with a lot of noobs, so it was painful, but man as a veteran raider form WoW this stuff clicked and I felt like I was in a circus of enjoyable death dances. In the end, Twitch views aren't everything...though people like to use it as a death omen or something, but it would be nice to have more exposure ahead of Steam release.

At the same time, I don't want to use Steam as our Eldan Messiah...I'm hoping they just find a way to balance staffing while providing us the best game possible (including removing faction barriers) and gaining a little more revenue so we can be confident in the game's future.

But hey, I'll toss the stream up on my second monitor while I play Wildstar all day. It will only be one view, but that's all I got.

• SlyJeff likes this

BAD WOLF

#12 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:46 AM

At the same time, I don't want to use Steam as our Eldan Messiah...

Oh, definitely not. It's just one of many good ways to show people how much fun this game is :)

#13 Thundraxx

Thundraxx
  • Members
  • LocationNY

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:07 AM

Hope ya'll ready to die.

<<<<this guy is tanking

• PlasmaJohn likes this

~Enforcer Draxx:Ex-PL *cupcake* of TCO~

#14 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

Hope ya'll ready to die.

I'm always ready to die.

YOU KNOW THIS!

#15 Thundraxx

Thundraxx
  • Members
  • LocationNY

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:27 AM

I'm always ready to die.

YOU KNOW THIS!

"do as I say, not as I do"

Chet's famous last words on DPS

• SlyJeff likes this

~Enforcer Draxx:Ex-PL *cupcake* of TCO~

#16 Walrin

Walrin
  • Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:23 PM

What a fantastic idea! If I wasn't already trying to gear up two brand new 50's I would start a toon and try to make a group to join in the fun... I might change my mind and do it anyway, I still need a medic and an esper in my arsenal.

Chua esper is bestper! Do it! For science!!

I know some other people who are interested at starting at different levels. So I dunno, let's just toss out ideas if people want to participate or whatever. Like if you are interested in trying to do some pre-made group leveling during that timeframe, post a window you'll be available and what levels you have. Maybe some groups can form?

Time window - probably 2pm to 8ish pm Pacific (that's 5pm-11pm Eastern). If folks synchronize dinner breaks, I could probably go 4-5 hours longer. :)

Levels available - I'll focus on my medic, which should be about level 25 I'd guess. Currently 24 but I figure a bit of questing will be needed to practice an unfamiliar class and get some more current gear. One could treat it as maybe level 22-ish by counting the unfamiliarity and iffy gear as a level penalty, I guess. Dominion side, of course.

Just throwing this out there - we could also try to combine this instance leveling idea with another concept people have expressed interest in, the all-Chua party! Yes, of course my medic is a Chua, why would I choose a lesser race? :D

Edited by Walrin, 19 April 2016 - 12:06 AM.

#17 WiENFY

WiENFY
  • Members
  • LocationEarth

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:00 PM

I wouldn't mind joining a secondary team if there are any empty slots, it sounds like a fun time.

I usually hang in Kal's streams on the weekends anyways so people can hit me up there if they need an extra. My alts scatter the level 10-35 range on both factions.

Plan on using any xp boosts or are you going organic?

--

In the future you should try to organize a PvP race to 50. Set up two teams and just go at it through the brackets.

#18 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

We are absolutely going to use boosts :) It's going to be a long haul, so we want to make it as quick as possible.

Two teams going at it to 50 sounds like an amazing idea. Or maybe six teams that could culminate in a giant warplot at the end :)
  • WiENFY likes this

#19 Kal Scattergood

Kal Scattergood
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:26 PM

I'm so excited to see all the positive response to this event! It's going to be a blast, and I hope we can arrange several more groups (AND additional streamers!) to run at the same time. Even if things are staggered and we don't all go at once, this will be a great chance to show how amazing the low level content can be in WildStar. Hopefully the fever will catch and those of you participating outside of our planned group will find the low level PVE queues POPPING!

On that note - if any of you are planning to do the same thing we are on the same day and stream it, PLEASE let me know. I'm always happy to shout out other WildStar streamers!

• SlyJeff likes this

#20 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:37 AM

I imagine if people want to group for even windows of time and aren't able to put something together ahead of time, we can do it on the fly through Kal's stream, or maybe even in game chat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stream, Challenge, Leveling, Dungeons