Photo

I am terrified for the survival of this game, and I shouldn't be.

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#41 Niliana Bloodbound

Niliana Bloodbound
  • Guests
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:38 PM

You don't fire raid designers and system engineers because a Chinese launch isn't happening. Certainly not at that volume. That "statement" we got is frankly insulting but it's not like we can expect anything else from NCSoft. They don't care for their player base, developers or even games in general.

this is from the same guy who smiled at the camers and said ''THERES NO BUGS IN F2P RELEASE.'' He thinks we're all idiots

• Cengreth and SuccoriaSeven like this

#42 Olivar

Olivar
  • Members
  • LocationSpace Lagomorph

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:38 PM

You don't fire raid designers and system engineers because a Chinese launch isn't happening. Certainly not at that volume. That "statement" we got is frankly insulting but it's not like we can expect anything else from NCSoft. They don't care for their player base, developers or even games in general.

this man gets it

• Smiley, h4vix, PlasmaJohn and 2 others like this

#43 SandyNicole

SandyNicole
  • Members
  • LocationCalifornia, US of A.

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

This is just all so sad. :( I love Wildstar!

• VRo and Niliana Bloodbound like this

To talk without thinking is to shoot without aiming.

#44 Mr CK

Mr CK
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:45 PM

WAIT!!! we're any of those housing devs? If not we are still okay. #MakeWildstarGreatAgain
  • Rummie, CheetosMascot TM, Sesshoumaru and 3 others like this

CK Jester

Disclaimer:

The views and opinions expressed in this post are soley those of the original author. These views and opinions do no necessarily represent those of Enigma, Spellslingers, and/or Dominion.

#45 h4vix

h4vix
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:47 PM

WAIT!!! we're any of those housing devs? If not we are still okay. #MakeWildstarGreatAgain

Housing... the real WildStar end game... :P

• barcy and Eidolon Zephyrhawk like this

#46 Cengreth

Cengreth
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:48 PM

Housing... the real WildStar end game... :P

Time for a new patch, reduce the level cap to 14.

• Naunet, h4vix and barcy like this

Velirra TheEngi - Entity

#47 Elo'naa

Elo'naa
  • Members
  • LocationNew Mexico, USA

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:47 PM

Well, goodbye Redmoon Terror.  No wonder TT left the way he did, probably told him they weren't going to make RMT be so prevelant.  Make this game in happy funtime in housing.  

That would kinda make sense. As a lead, TT may have heard about the realignment and the RIF, blew his stack, or didn't want to be part of it, and quit, or was preemptively fired. The timing of his leaving and this now can't really be coincidence.

• Naunet and h4vix like this

#48 Ufalicious

Ufalicious
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:56 PM

Lol and back to BnS i go

Ufa Ufa 

#49 Jelletje

Jelletje
  • Members

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:59 PM

Lol and back to BnS i go

Honestly I don't see why you'd want to run to another NCsoft game after all this.

• Naunet and Choc Bonbon like this

#50 Ufalicious

Ufalicious
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:01 PM

Honestly I don't see why you'd want to run to another NCsoft game after all this.

Because i like the game. Also i dont have to wait 2 years for new content :)

Edited by Ufalicious, 11 March 2016 - 02:02 PM.

Ufa Ufa 

#51 SoulEquilibrium

SoulEquilibrium
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:04 PM

this is from the same guy who smiled at the camers and said ''THERES NO BUGS IN F2P RELEASE.'' He thinks we're all idiots

I'll say it once more :

The gaming industry is sick, and dying.

Going the exact same path it did i the 80's with Atari.

To those who made this awesome game : all the best

And the same guy who, on a lifestream, said that the reason you make games is to make money. Apparently forgot that actual developers, unlike corporate henchmen, often also make games cause they are passionate about games and play games.

The worst is, his position is secure. He gets to keep his job. Passionate developers get fired. Olivar is right. This industry is sick. Then again people play right into their hands by supporting exploitative ftp models and dismissing sub models, the later which actually focusses on selling a game, instead of a manipulative cash shop.

• Naunet, Corwen, Smiley and 3 others like this

Guild Leader of The Voidrunners. Where the only requirement for recruitment is being nice folk.

Providing PvE progression and a RP storyline at an easy going pace. Come give us a look at The Voidrunners or at our recruitment thread.

#52 Rocio

Rocio
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:08 PM

They fire 40% of the staff. But don't worry. They're still 60% Committed to the game.

• Naunet, Smiley, Choc Bonbon and 2 others like this

Do you like stories? I wrote one!  Read it here. :D 

#53 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru
  • Members
  • LocationProbably a Random Dungeon

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:09 PM

The fact that this has happened... has been happening... to us in this game makes me hate WoW. That shit game still has subscribers in the millions but a game like this bombs? Wha?  

The online gaming community at large makes me super sad.

Enjoy it while it lasts my Wildstar Brothers & Sisters. FOR TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!

• Revon, VRo, Smiley and 4 others like this

Pergo Alumnus Entity Exile Account 1 | Lord Sesshoumaru Tank/DPS Stalker | Lord Inuyasha Tank/DPS Stalker | Lord Naraku Tank/DPS Warrior | Lord Miroku Heal/DPS Slinger | Lady Kagura Tank/DPS Stalker

Entity Exile Account 2 | Ashelia Blackmoon DPS/Heal Medic | Beatrix Blackmoon Tank/DPS Warrior | Garnet Blackmoon DPS/Heals Slinger

#54 Revon

Revon
  • Members
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:10 PM

Well now we know TT didn't leave out of his own choice as well: https://twitter.com/...410184859660288

• Rocio likes this

<Myth>

Noirik Windchaser - I sling spells

Team Venture (3v3 Arena) | Exile, EU

#55 Olivar

Olivar
  • Members
  • LocationSpace Lagomorph

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:11 PM

Well now we know TT didn't leave out of his own choice as well: https://twitter.com/...410184859660288

None of them did.

No sane game dev leaves his game voluntarely.

They usually need to pry it from their hands.

• barcy likes this

#56 Qwarkus

Qwarkus
  • Guests
  • LocationHalon Ring

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:11 PM

Good going Carbine, all this shit and the talk that's going to be about this being the end of the game is going to put off all possible new players. It's literally a circle of doom.

Edited by Qwarkus, 11 March 2016 - 02:13 PM.

• Choc Bonbon likes this

Nexus! A paradise ripe fer lootin' 'n pillagin', fer a simple hard-workin' scoundrel like meself.

#57 Niliana Bloodbound

Niliana Bloodbound
  • Guests
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:13 PM

3if43R8.png

this may get me temp banned or perma banned.

• Shoogli, Tawa, Thundraxx and 3 others like this

#58 Revon

Revon
  • Members
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:15 PM

3if43R8.png

this may get me temp banned or perma banned.

So, what are you going to miss out on?

• Shoogli, Tawa, Niliana Bloodbound and 2 others like this

<Myth>

Noirik Windchaser - I sling spells

Team Venture (3v3 Arena) | Exile, EU

#59 SuccoriaSeven

SuccoriaSeven
  • Members

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

Good going Carbine, all this shit and the talk that's going to be about this being the end of the game is going to put off all possible new players. It's literally a circle of doom.

Pretty much this. My SO was leveling their toon to 14 so we do some minor housing before getting to 50 so we could do end game content. Welp not anymore! They saw the news and just shook their head in disappointment. 

#60 Niliana Bloodbound

Niliana Bloodbound
  • Guests
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:17 PM

So, what are you going to miss out on?

Exactly.

It's really depressing :(