16 replies to this topic

#1 WSChestnut

WSChestnut
  • Members
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:49 PM

CEXVMM6.jpg

TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/thaydfest4

Special thanks to @Ammosart for donating the pretty image!

Use #ThaydFest on Twitter to share your stories and pictures!!

Schedule

10:00a PST/1:00p EST - Opening Ceremonies

10:30a PST/1:30p EST - Raffle 1

11:00a PST/2:00p EST - Fashion Contest (Hosted by Black Dagger Society)

11:30a PST/2:30p EST - Raffle 2 (during Fashion Contest for spectators)

12:00p PST/3:00p EST - Lore Trivia! (Hosted by Black Dagger Society)

12:30p PST/3:30p EST - Raffle 3

1:00p PST/4:00p EST - Laser Phaser Tag! (Hosted by Auni Redlotus & Haiku Jarax)

1:30p PST/4:30p EST - Raffle 4 (during Laser Phaser Tag for spectators)

2:00p PST/5:00p EST - Lore Trivia! (Hosted by Black Dagger Society)

2:30p PST/5:30p EST - Raffle 5

3:00p PST/6:00p EST - Putt-Putt Golf (Hosted by Katia Managan)

3:30p PST/6:30p EST - Raffle 6

4:00p PST/7:00p EST - Closing Ceremonies

Throughout the day: PvP workshops from <Time> and view the house contest plots!

----------

Chat Channel

To make ThaydFest work, we are using a combination of custom chat channels and raid groups, as we have in the past. The chat channels are global and you can participate in them from anywhere on Nexus. The raid groups will be used for individual competitions, to help get players to the same place for each competition.

Here are commands you should know for the chat channels:

• /chjoin <channel>:  Joins the channel
  • /chlist <channel>:  Shows you everyone logged into the channel.
  • /chleave <channel>:  Leaves the channel

TF4Main - This is the main ThaydFest channel. We will use this channel to announce contests and contest winners. We will also be using this channel to run the Lore Trivia events.

To talk in a channel you have joined, use /<channel number>

So for example, to join the main ThaydFest event channel, you would use this command:

/chjoin TF4Main

Then to talk in the TFMain channel, you would do this (assuming this was the first channel you had joined).

/1 Hi ThaydFest!

Even though we're giving away lots of prizes, ThaydFest is really about giving all of you an excuse to get out and meet everyone else on the server! It is about recognizing that we're a community, and that there are new friends and allies around every corner. Whether you jump in on any of the events or not, we hope that everyone will be able to add a few names to their friends lists! Whether you get a great prize, find a PvP partner, score some sweet outfits, find a new guild member, or even just get to jump in to some amazing RP, we hope that you come out of the event with a smile on your face!

----------

What is ThaydFest?

ThaydFest is the biggest, baddest, most awesome event our server has ever seen! It's a day full of awesome, a chance for you and your friends and your guild to log on and do something fun and different and experience the best part of Wildstar--the community. It is an event brought to you by your fellow players, and done entirely with the resources that the game gives us, and our own ingenuity. No matter what aspects of the game you enjoy, ThaydFest probably has something fun for you to do.

This is the fourth time we've put this together! You can see more from the other ThaydFests below.
ThaydFest is coordinated by the Black Dagger Society and other community-oriented guilds and players on our server. We're doing this because we recognize that the community is a huge part of what makes the game so awesome, and this is our way of giving something back to that same community. We hope that you'll come out, have a great time, and maybe make some friends.

A Quick Note: The game's faction system, and the restrictions that it puts on players, prevent us from doing all of this as a cross-faction event. It is our sincere hope that some of the Domside guilds on our server will put on a similar event for Dominion folks to enjoy. In the meantime, hopefully we're giving everyone enough notice that they can roll up that Exile alt they've been thinking about!  ;)

When And Where?

Start Time: 10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern on Sunday, May 22

End Time: 4 pm Pacific/7 pm Eastern on Sunday, May 22

If something crazy happens (servers are down, or such) we'll reschedule, but the date and time are pretty much locked in.

As for where? Well, that's easy! It's going to be (mostly) in and around Thayd! (And some in housing, so be sure to level up to 14!)

To make ThaydFest work, we're going to utilize custom channels as we have in the prior ThaydFest events. There will be a main chat channel for the event everyone can join (which we will announce later). We'll use the channel to do announcements, and point you to the various events that are occurring throughout the day. For each individual contest or event, we'll use raid groups to the best of our ability to help everyone get to the right areas.

What is Happening This Year?

So, that's where you guys come in! We're running things a little differently than we have in the past. We want to run ThaydFest as more of a "virtual convention" than we have before. What does that mean? That we want you--the players and guilds of Entity--to come up with events to host! We're going to have to be organized about this, and we may not be able to schedule everything people want to run. But we want to try!

Some ideas include panels, such as: Fashion 101, RP 101, etc., and events, such as: a fashion show, an RP adventure, or a race-track!

The Daggers will be hosting Raffles throughout the day, as well as helping to coordinate the flow of events and the order of the schedule.

Do you have an idea? Send Chestnut a message on the forums (at WSChestnut). You will need to be available for most of ThaydFest so that we can schedule events with as little overlap as possible! Here's a great way to share what you want to do:

In-Game Name (or Guild) running event:

In-Game Name of Contacts if Guild:

Event Name:

Time Required:

Desired Location of Event: (We may make concessions for certain events if they would work better on a housing plot... give us a good reason in the Explanation!)

Explanation of Event:

Any Support You May Need: (For example--prize support, manpower support, etc.)

For Example:

In-Game Name (or Guild) running event: Black Dagger Society (guild)

In-Game Name of Contacts if Guild: Chestnut Stonebough

Event Name: Raffle-palooza!

Time Required: Throughout the day, about 10-15 minutes per raffle (1-2 times per hour)

Desired Location of Event: This will take place in Arborian Gardens!

Explanation of Event: We want to use the Arborian Gardens because we'll be next to a mailbox and bank to make it easier to grab the items we've been saving to hand out for the raffles. It's also less laggy there than over in Academy Corner. We've been saving up things from runes to pets to mounts to possibly some cash-shop items to raffle away.

Any Support You May Need: Prize support would be nice, but we can scrounge things together. Chestnut will need two volunteers to help with rolls.

Of course, this is just an example, but this is what we're looking for to make things easier for everybody involved. All event propositions are due by May 8, 2016. We'll put up a note when it's closed, and get in touch with everybody to assign times, etc.

The Events (So Far!)

This is still under construction and will be updated as ideas are sent in. Black Dagger Society will not be hosting a full-blown housing competition at this ThaydFest! Instead, we have something planned for July!

Fashion Contest (Hosted by <Black Dagger Society>)

The Black Dagger Society is hosting a fashion contest in Shindig Hollow! Participants will strut their stuff in front of the panel of judges! Prizes include costumes and dyes! Start planning your costumes now!

Categories:

• Best Overall
  • Best Female (Toon) Costume
  • Best Male (Toon) Costume
  • Silliest Costume
  • Scariest Costume

Lore Trivia! (Hosted by <Black Dagger Society>)

The Black Dagger Society is hosting some Lore Trivia! Get those typing fingers ready, and study up on your lore to win various cosmetic prizes including costumes and dyes (and maybe some mounts)!

Raffle-palooza! (Hosted by <Black Dagger Society>)

These raffles will take place throughout the day at various locations! We're raffling off bunches of cool stuff, so check it out! 

Rules:

You will only be able to win 1 item per raffle (you could be a winner in raffle 1 and win again in raffle 2), except for the FINAL FEW items, which everyone (including previous winners) will be able to roll on! Be sure to check the text next to the item for if it is considered a final item or not! This helps keep things more fair for everyone.

PvPalooza aka PvP 101 (Hosted by <Time>)

This is a PvP focused event that will host two main sections—Q&A and Lessons in FCON Headquarters (near the PvP vendors). Throughout the entirety of ThaydFest, members of <Time> will be answering questions from the basics, to the extreme strategies of the PvP pros! Once or twice an hour, there will be battleground queues to help newcomers learn the ropes of how the various battlegrounds work. There will also be 1v1 duels, and sharing of strategies and rotations. So get your questions ready, and wipe off your PvP gear for some schooling and fun!

Laser Phaser Tag! (Hosted by Auni Redlotus & Haiku Jarax)

Pick up your laser phaser packs from Sgt. Syrrus and come have fun for cool prizes! Plot name to be released later. Rules coming soon!

House Flip Xtreme (Hosted by Evangelica Monroe) - CONTEST BEING HELD ON SATURDAY 1PM-3PM EST!!

Signup for the event here by FRIDAY MAY 20 AT 5PM PDT/8PM EDT. Participants will need to sign up to participate, and join a channel prior to the event starting. A theme will be announced in channel, and participants have two hours to complete the theme to the best of their ability--via a house, freeform theme, or anything else that fits. It can be completed on a players' own plot, or become a roommate with the host. It is recommended players use their own plots to spend money and influence and use the crate functions for the theme. First, second, and third place to be awarded after judging.

Putt-Putt Golf (Hosted by Katia Managan)

Yes! You heard that right! Putt-putt golf, Katia style! Plot, rules, and prizes information coming later!

I want to help... But I don't want to run an event!

If you or your guild would like to help with part of the event, get in touch with us.  There are three ways you can help.

1) Donate Prizes - If you would like to donate some prizes for ThaydFest, please contact Chestnut Stonebough via in-game mail (or the forums!) and she'll fill you in on what kind of prizes we're collecting. Let us know if you'd like us to credit you or your guild for the donation.

2) Spread the Word - There are a lot of folks who don't read the forums.  Help us make ThaydFest 4 awesome by letting folks know in game. Talk it up in zone chat, tell your guilds and your circles, and so on. We're also utilizing the #ThaydFest tag on Twitter!  ;)

3) Manpower - Since we're running things a little bit differently this year, some folks may need some help running their events. If you'd like to donate some of your time, contact Chestnut and we'll see if we can't fill a spot!

I had a question that isn't answered, what should I do?
You can:
  • Post here in this thread.  We check this forum pretty much daily.
  • PM me (Chestnut).  I'll answer forum PMs as often as I can!
  • Mail me in-game (Chestnut Stonebough).  I'll answer those as often as I can as well, although there are some days I don't get to log into the game during the week.
  • We will have other contacts available to answer questions soon, so keep an eye out! 
We hope to see everyone on the 22nd!  I'll update this post periodically with additional information and as things change.  :D

Edited by WSChestnut, 22 May 2016 - 06:45 AM.

• Kaeret, Saphhira, CheetosMascot TM and 6 others like this

| Chestnut Stonebough - GM <Black Dagger Society> | Exile Jana Shadowstrike | Dominion | Mains on both Entity & Jabbit

Blog | @ggchestnut | YouTube | Yardcore Nexus Project | Black Dagger Society is recruiting! | Co-host of Wildcast Podcast

Black Dagger Society (@bdswildstar- A Casual PvX/RP Friendly (Exile) guild on Entity focused on the WildStar community at large.

#2 EsperXIV

EsperXIV
  • Members
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:53 PM

I've still been waiting to see a housing flash contest. People get X space (demarcated by planks or something), X decor, and X time to produce the coolest thing they can. Then the winners could be determined by judge or popular vote!

This sounds cool though. Hopefully I'll actually remember which day it's on this time...

#3 WSChestnut

WSChestnut
  • Members
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:02 AM

I've still been waiting to see a housing flash contest. People get X space (demarcated by planks or something), X decor, and X time to produce the coolest thing they can. Then the winners could be determined by judge or popular vote!

This sounds cool though. Hopefully I'll actually remember which day it's on this time...

This actually sounds like fun, and something Daggers could probably put together with all the housing buffs we have! I'll talk with our housing enthusiasts about it! ^_^

• EsperXIV likes this

| Chestnut Stonebough - GM <Black Dagger Society> | Exile Jana Shadowstrike | Dominion | Mains on both Entity & Jabbit

Blog | @ggchestnut | YouTube | Yardcore Nexus Project | Black Dagger Society is recruiting! | Co-host of Wildcast Podcast

Black Dagger Society (@bdswildstar- A Casual PvX/RP Friendly (Exile) guild on Entity focused on the WildStar community at large.

#4 WSChestnut

WSChestnut
  • Members
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:22 AM

We have a new awesome header donated to us by @Ammosart on twitter! Check out her stuff!

ThaydFest is still happening, folks! So be sure to donate your time and cosmetics for prizes, and come hang out with everyone!!

Events list is also updated. :D

#5 WSChestnut

WSChestnut
  • Members
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:01 PM

We have a new event focused around PvP!! <Time> is going to be hosting a day-long panel and battleground queues! So wipe off those PvP weapons and get ready to have some Dommie-slaughtering fun!

#6 WSChestnut

WSChestnut
  • Members
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:12 AM

We're still looking for donations and if folks want to run events, they're still welcome to get in touch!

Also, have you seen the movie poster that Behalter from Wildcast put together!?

ajyWdhy.jpg

• SileneKitty likes this

#7 EsperXIV

EsperXIV
  • Members
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:30 AM

That dude in the poster is doing way too many bench presses. O.o  Time to start working the legs, brah...

:lol:

• WSChestnut likes this

#8 Cirinde

Cirinde
  • Members

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:12 AM

So excited for this event! Lots of fun. :D

• WSChestnut likes this

SpousalUnit Fitch - Entity - Exile (@CirindeFitch on Twitter)

<Black Dagger Society> is a new/returning player (both factions) friendly, PvX, RP friendly, casual guild.Wildstar Hub Recruitment Post

Sometimes, you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.

#9 GorenKillChua

GorenKillChua
  • Members
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:42 PM

This is awesome! I will sure be there...

I think it would be so much better if it was at some neutral location though, so that it can be one massive community event, not just one faction event..

If that were the case I would choose Prosperity Junction, because it's protostar themed... they seem to be the type to do conventions.

#10 WSChestnut

WSChestnut
  • Members
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:23 AM

This is awesome! I will sure be there...

I think it would be so much better if it was at some neutral location though, so that it can be one massive community event, not just one faction event..

If that were the case I would choose Prosperity Junction, because it's protostar themed... they seem to be the type to do conventions.

We've contemplated attempting a cross-faction ThaydFest-style event before, but the amount of logistics that go into a project like this for a single-faction would be (at least) doubled for a dual-faction event. The prize support alone would be a headache (it already can be! lol). We also utilize housing plots for some events, which would rule out Dominion players as well.

An event like this would definitely benefit from a change in faction-wall mechanics!!

We're also willing to provide logistical help to any Dominion guild that would like to put on an "IlliumFest" equivalent, so if there's a Dominion guild out there looking to do some of the same, hit me up and we can chat about how to go about it! :) (We've considered running an IlliumFest before, but then I think most of our members would burn out from running constant events, because we have a housing one coming up this summer!)

Edited by WSChestnut, 09 April 2016 - 07:24 AM.

#11 Math is......

Math is......
  • Members
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:46 AM

That dude in the poster is doing way too many bench presses. O.o Time to start working the legs, brah...

:lol:

I'd say he needs to take the neck exercises down a notch or two
  • WSChestnut likes this

#12 ministabber

ministabber
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:37 PM

W H A T no football this year ? ( soccer to you yanks ) shame on you :)

• WSChestnut likes this

No communication, No road-map, No nothing.

AND

Giving me the power of a God does not renew my faith, it turns me into an atheist....Give me new lands, give me more lore and fishing.  

#13 Atomicpanda

Atomicpanda
  • Members

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:47 PM

Now we just need to get Illapalooza going. 

Point five wingpower

ivi / Iya / Iota / Chandra / Ji * Grim / Ryl / Clo / Ariel / Oco

#14 WSChestnut

WSChestnut
  • Members
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

W H A T no football this year ? ( soccer to you yanks ) shame on you :)

That's because Katia is outdoing herself and doing a Putt-Putt competition this year!!

Now we just need to get Illapalooza going. 

I'm totally willing to help pass along information, knowledge, etc. to any folks that want to run an Illapalooza!

New housing event announced! Don't forget to send in your ideas by May 8th if you'd like to run something! I'm so excited for all the events this time around!! If you're still interested in making donations of items, please send them to Chestnut Stonebough in-game with a note that they are for ThaydFest!

Edited by WSChestnut, 01 May 2016 - 11:10 AM.

#15 WSChestnut

WSChestnut
  • Members
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:43 AM

Folks have two more days to submit events they want to run! I'll be updating event information later today when I get home to a stable internet connection. :)

Edited by WSChestnut, 06 May 2016 - 05:44 AM.

#16 WSChestnut

WSChestnut
  • Members
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:23 PM

Housing contest updated! Be sure to visit this post for more details on signing up: https://forums.wilds...ring-thaydfest/

#17 WSChestnut

WSChestnut
  • Members
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:12 PM

More updates to the housing contest! Be sure to check them out and get in touch with the correct person if you want to sign up!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ThaydFest, Community, Events, Exile