WildStar 12 Days of Winterfest Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. This is a single Sweepstakes with official rules based on residency of the participant. The selection of the winners will be made among all eligible ENTRants worldwide. The prizes are allocated to the winners which have been selected on a worldwide basis.
OFFICIAL RULES FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION, ICELAND, MONTENEGRO, NORWAY, SERBIA, SWITZERLAND, TURKEY
- Eligibility: The WildStar 12 Days of Winterfest Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to residents of a member state of the European Union, Iceland, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey (for the purpose of this Sweepstakes, residents of these countries will also be deemed part of the European Union) who are the age of majority or older (eighteen (18) years of age in most jurisdictions) as of the date of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of the sponsor, Carbine, LLC (“Sponsor”), and its subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors and licensees, advertising or promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each), and those living in the same household of each are NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these official rules for the Sweepstakes (“Official Rules”) available at www.wildstar-online.com (“Contest Website”). All federal, state, provincial, municipal, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 8:01 p.m. Central European Time (“CET”) on December 18, 2015 and ends at 7:59 a.m. CET on December 30, 2015 (“Entry Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, eligible participants must visit the Contest Website during the Entry Period in order to receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. A participant must also create, or have created, a player character on the Contest Website by following the directions on the Contest Website for new players. Each person signing into the Contest Website each day will be entered into the Sweepstakes for that day’s daily drawing (“Entrant”). Completing the sign-in process constitutes entry (each an “Entry” and collectively, “Entries”) into the Sweepstakes and Entrant’s consent to and agreement with these Official Rules. LIMIT OF ONE ENTRY PER DAY DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD.
- Entry Conditions: Entries must be submitted during the Entry Period to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. Multiple Entries are permitted as described above, subject to the Entry limits of ONE ENTRY PER DAY. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the Entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the account used to complete Entry into the Sweepstakes. Any Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period are void and will not be eligible for a prize.
- Selection of the Worldwide Winners: There will be 78 winners of the Sweepstakes selected among all the eligible Entrants on a worldwide basis (each a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”), with one or more daily Winners (“Daily Winner”) for each day of the Entry Period beginning December 18, 2015 and ending December 30, 2015 (for a total of 78 daily Winners) as specified below. For the Daily Winners, on the day immediately following each day of the Entry Period, the Sponsor will select one Daily Winner for Day 1, two Daily Winners for Day 2, three Daily Winners for Day 3 and so forth for 12 consecutive days concluding with 12 Daily Winners for Day 12, at random from the total number of Entries received each applicable day during the Entry Period through the date and time of the applicable daily drawing. Each daily drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or its representatives, whose decisions are binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s determination of the Winners is final and binding and not subject to review or appeal.
Neither Sponsor, nor any telephone network, nor any service provider is responsible for incorrect transcription of Entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or online service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries or entries not properly forwarded to Sponsor.
- Prizes (each a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) in Euros:
The following Prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes:
Prizes for the Daily Winners.
The following daily Prizes will be awarded to each applicable Daily Winner:
* Day 1: Papa Phineas Costume (ARV €13.60) (awarded to 1 Daily Winner)
* Day 2: Winterfest Housing Décor Flora Pack (ARV €.91) (awarded to 2 Daily Winners)
* Day 3: Winterfest Housing Décor Gifts Pack (ARV €.91) (awarded to 3 Daily Winners)
* Day 4: Winterfest Housing Décor Geology Pack (ARV $.91) (awarded to 4 Daily Winners)
* Day 5: Winterfest Housing Décor Ads Pack (ARV €.91) (awarded to 5 Daily Winners)
* Day 6: Housing Sky – Winterfest Snowfall (ARV €.91) (awarded to 6 Daily Winners)
* Day 7: Winterfest Housing Décor Light Pack (ARV €.23) (awarded to 7 Daily Winners)
* Day 8: Orbitron (Snow-Sphere) (ARV €31.94) (awarded to 8 Daily Winners)
* Day 9: Winterfest Housing Décor Protostar Tech Pack (ARV €2.63) (awarded to 9 Daily Winners)
* Day 10: Protostar mini-housing FABkit (ARV €18.16) (awarded to 10 Daily Winners)
* Day 11: Papa Phineas Costume, Housing Sky (Winterfest Snowfall) (ARV €14.51) (awarded to 11 Daily Winners)
* Day 12: Orbitron (Snow-Sphere), Protostar mini-housing FABkit, Papa Phineas Costume, Housing Sky (Winterfest Snowfall) (ARV €64.61) (awarded to 12 Daily Winners)
The total ARV of all Prizes is €1,429.13.7.
- Prize Conditions: All costs associated with acceptance or use of the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Winner may waive his/her right to receive a Prize. A Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable, has no cash value, and must be accepted by the Winner as awarded unless the Winner waives his/her right to receive a Prize. A Prize may not be upgraded, and no substitutions by the Winner will be allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize should be unavailable without Sponsor’s fault, even though the Sponsor ordered the prizes from its suppliers.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning any Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received at the time of the drawing.
- How to Claim Your Prize: Winners will be contacted by a representative from the Sponsor on or about January 8, 2016, the date when the Winners are announced. Winners will be notified using the email that the Entrant used to create his or her account on the Contest Website. Sponsor will announce the daily Winners on its Twitter account and the list of Winners will be posted on the WildStar forums. In the event that a Winner cannot be contacted within seven days after Sponsor first attempts to contact the potential Winner, as reasonably determined by Sponsor, or a Winner rejects a Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. The Prize will be in-game mailed to the character of each Winner’s choosing on the Winner’s account. At the reasonable discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) potential Winner’s failure to timely respond to the notification; (2) the return of the notification as undeliverable; or (3) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its reasonable discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. The Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for any failure by a potential Winner to accept the Prize for any reason.
- Prize Delivery: Prizes will be delivered to each Winner within 30 days after Sponsor verifies a Winner’s eligibility to enter and to win this Sweepstakes. Sponsor will contact each Winner, and the Prize will be in-game mailed to the character of each Winner’s choosing on the Winner’s account
- Conditions, Disclaimers, and License: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that: (a) he or she will abide by and be bound by these Official Rules; (b ) the Entry will not be acknowledged by Sponsor; © except where prohibited, Twitter, Facebook, and Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s affiliated companies or the advertising and promotional agencies affiliated with Sponsor or those affiliated companies, or any of their officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, Sponsor’s “Affiliates”) are not responsible for claims, injuries, death, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes, or the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of a Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Sponsor; (d) Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of a Winner to accept a Prize for any reason unless caused by fault of Sponsor; and (e) except where prohibited, by entering the Sweepstakes, all Entrants further agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure, fulfillment, and disputes from the Sweepstakes. Sections © and (e) are not applicable if the Entrant is a resident of Germany. Neither Sponsor nor its Affiliates are responsible for (i) any typographical or other errors in the printing of the Sweepstakes materials or the offering or announcement of the Prizes, (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (iii) failure of any Entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iv) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, or (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. If the Entrant is a resident of Germany, numbers (i) through (v) only apply if the event is not caused by fault of Sponsor.
Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, neither Sponsor nor any of the Affiliates are responsible for the actions of Entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including attempts by Entrants or other individuals to circumvent these Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason other than fault of Sponsor, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, Acts of God or any other causes which could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and in the event of cancellation or termination, to select a Winner from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. If the Sweepstakes is terminated by Sponsor as set forth above, Sponsor will post notice of such termination on the Contest Website, Sponsor’s Facebook page, and the WildStar forums. Inclusion in such drawing will be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed receipt of such Entry by Sponsor.
For any feedback or questions regarding the Sweepstakes, Prizes, or Winners, you can contact Sponsor by sending an email to: email@example.com.
- Release and Indemnification: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD THE SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHT, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACCESS TO ANY MATERIALS, OR FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. This clause is not applicable if the Entrant is a resident of Germany.
If the Entrant is a resident of Germany, Sponsor shall only be fully liable for damages if such damages were caused by gross negligence or intentional acts of Sponsor, its employees, agents and officers; in the case of simple negligence Sponsor is only liable for personal injury and death arising out of its negligence; and for breach of contractual obligations which the Entrant could trust not to be breached and which are essential to perform under this agreement and in this case only, liability is limited to the typical foreseeable damages. The Entrant’s rights under the German Product Liability Act remain unaffected. Where liability is excluded or limited, such exclusion or limitation shall also be extended to Sponsor’s parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective employees, agents and officers.
If the Entrant is a resident of the UK and insofar as is permitted by law, the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s Affiliates will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Sponsor or the Sponsor’s Affiliates. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Limitations on Liability: Except where prohibited, Twitter, Facebook, Sponsor and its Affiliates shall not be liable to any Winner or any other person for failure to supply a Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s or its Affiliates’ sole control.
* Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Prize, each Winner grants permission for Sponsor and its agents to use his/her name, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, merchandising, promotion and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
* Applicable Law: The Sweepstakes, and any disputes that may arise hereunder, shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the state of Washington without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction, but shall be subject to the mandatory consumer protection provisions of the country of residence of the Entrant. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the state of Washington. Unless the Entrant is a resident of Germany or France, venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the state of Washington. If the Entrant is a resident of France or Germany, the competent court will be determined according to French or German law, respectively.
- Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes will be run in accordance with the Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor. Each Entrant must comply with the Official Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood the Official Rules by participating in the Sweepstakes. The terms of the Sweepstakes, as set out in the Official Rules, are not subject to amendment or counteroffer, except as set out herein. If any provisions of the Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of the Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Carbine, LLC, 95 Enterprise Suite 100, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656, USA.
- Winner List: For a list of Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (except residents of Vermont) to: Carbine, LLC, Attn: Winner List WildStar 12 Days of Winterfest Sweepstakes, 95 Enterprise, Suite 100, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656, USA by March 31, 2016. A list of the Winners also will be posted on the WildStar forums.
- Disclaimer: The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media site. By participating, you agree that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media site.