housing npcs HOUSING IS LIFE

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mayor DasMoose

Mayor DasMoose
  • Members
  • LocationArizona

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:59 AM

IS this a bug? If not, I'll edit this post to be about taco's or something. Everyone loves tacos.

The NPC decor from the Space Chase have 0 animation, unlike the other NPC decor for housing. Which is why I'm thinking it's a bug. Are they suppose to.... I don't know, move just slightly like the guards at all?

If it's intended to be this way.... well they look nice and all, but.... meh.

Thanks!

This forum post is brought to you by the Re-Elect Mayor DasMoose committee. Remember, a vote for DasMoose is a vote for the secret military police not to break in to your house at night and put a black bag over your head, taking you to a secret prison where you'll never be seen again!

#2 Zozz81

Zozz81
  • Members

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:55 AM

I do hope it is a bug. I mean what would be the point of having perfectly good animations and not using them. Though some feedback would be nice. I still haven't put most of my cadets in my crate, 'cause if it is intended and they do not have any animations they are pretty much useless to me.

Edited by Zozz81, 10 December 2015 - 05:53 AM.

• Mayor DasMoose likes this

#3 CRB_Spellchecker

CRB_Spellchecker
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationIn the Trenches

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:57 AM

I checked into this and you're right - these guys aren't playing any animations at present.

Unfortunately, that will continue to be the case for the time being. On the bright side, we do plan to add the proper animations to these models eventually, but there were bigger fish to fry this time around.

Thanks for the post!

Principal Narrative Designer, WildStar

Twitter: @carbinegary

#4 Mayor DasMoose

Mayor DasMoose
  • Members
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:23 AM

Excellent news! Can't wait for the fix on them, thanks for the heads up!

This forum post is brought to you by the Re-Elect Mayor DasMoose committee. Remember, a vote for DasMoose is a vote for the secret military police not to break in to your house at night and put a black bag over your head, taking you to a secret prison where you'll never be seen again!

#5 Mayor DasMoose

Mayor DasMoose
  • Members
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

Just stopping in to see if there was a fix incoming at all? And also to add the fact that the Dungeon Crawler NPC decor also does not have an animation to it.

#6 EsperXIV

EsperXIV
  • Members
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:16 AM

This was confirmed by another dev (not Spellchecker) as something that couldn't be added due to time and/or labour constraints. So it's not a bug.

Going forward I don't think we're going to see it updated... ever. They'll always have more important things to do and most players are probably desensitized to it. Not to mention, since the decor is no longer available, it wouldn't make Carbine any extra money to fix the cadets.

Maybe, if we're lucky, there'll be a fix next time Space Chase comes around. But I have doubts. :P

Until the day Carbine has the resources to make animations for the various models that are being released as statues, please folks, stop calling them NPCs! Just call them statues or do what I'm doing... use/sell them as action figures. Collectibles advertised properly can have just as much value as animated NPCs.

• Mayor DasMoose likes this

#7 Mayor DasMoose

Mayor DasMoose
  • Members
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:58 AM

This was confirmed by another dev (not Spellchecker) as something that couldn't be added due to time and/or labour constraints. So it's not a bug.

Going forward I don't think we're going to see it updated... ever. They'll always have more important things to do and most players are probably desensitized to it. Not to mention, since the decor is no longer available, it wouldn't make Carbine any extra money to fix the cadets.

Maybe, if we're lucky, there'll be a fix next time Space Chase comes around. But I have doubts. :P

Until the day Carbine has the resources to make animations for the various models that are being released as statues, please folks, stop calling them NPCs! Just call them statues or do what I'm doing... use/sell them as action figures. Collectibles advertised properly can have just as much value as animated NPCs.

My favorite thing about your action figures idea? Shrinking them down and placing them all over my toy store, then one day they're fixed and they're moving in there. Logging in one day and seeing Toy Story happening right on my lot! lol

• VRo likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: housing, npcs, HOUSING IS LIFE