New Weekly Raid & Currency Cap Reset Times

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 CRB_Yaviey

CRB_Yaviey

Community Coordinator

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:36 PM

NEW EDIT: Sorry guys, we messed up - the original messaging was actually correct. The raid resets are a complicated system and we did not understand all the details fully. We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience. Please disregard the strike-through text below. The messaging in red is correct.

Now that we’re doing weekly game maintenance on Wednesdays instead of Tuesdays, we’ll be changing raid reset times to coincide with this as well. The first change in raid reset times will begin on December 16, but depending on when you save to a Raid ID the week before there can be multiple raid resets instead of the normal one (1).

On Tuesday, December 8 at 2am PST, raids, Elder Gem, and OmniBit caps will reset as usual.

1.       If you save to a raid on Tuesday, December 8 before the update you’ll have a reset one week later on December 15, and then again on December 16 to align with the new Wednesday reset time.

2.       If you save to a raid after the game update on December 9, you will only see a reset on December 16.

Going forward, all resets will take place on Wednesdays at 2am PST.

Our hope is that combining this with the downtime creates a better gaming experience.

Thanks,

-Team WildStar

EDIT: messaging adjusted based on new details

Now that we’re doing weekly game maintenance on Wednesdays instead of Tuesdays, we’ll be changing raid reset times to coincide with this as well. The first change in raid reset times will begin on December 16. but depending on when you save to a Raid ID the week before there can be multiple raid resets instead of the normal one (1).

On Tuesday, December 8 at 2am PST, raids, Elder Gem, and OmniBit caps will reset as usual.

1. If you save to a raid on Tuesday, December 8 before the update you’ll have a reset eight (8) days later on December 16, and then again on December 16 to align with the new Wednesday reset time.
  2. If you save to a raid after the game update on December 9, you will only see a reset on December 16.

Going forward, all resets will take place on Wednesdays at 2am PST.

Our hope is that combining this with the downtime creates a better gaming experience.

Thanks,

-Team WildStar

Edited by CRB_Yaviey, 09 December 2015 - 10:27 AM.
EDIT: messaging adjusted based on new details

#2 Weer

Weer
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:47 AM

Finally gave up on writing the correct time conversion for us EU players?

If so, wouldn't be wiser to use the Coordinated Universal Time, and we all regulate according to the standard?

#3 Wyles

Wyles
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

You could just add a link like this one, that can convert to people's local timezone.

Edited by Wyles, 04 December 2015 - 10:49 AM.

• Spider Bro Jenkins likes this

Eryne Wyles - Exile Stalker (50) - Jabbit

#4 puddn

puddn
  • Members
  • LocationNashville

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:31 PM

Instead of messing with the player's raid schedules, did you, and stay with me for a moment, did you ever consider...doing the maintenance on Tuesdays again?

How does it affect Carbine at all to do them instead on Tuesday?

Vootwo: The Sequel: Bigger, Better, and Uncut: Unleashed: The Comic Sans Edition: Reloaded: Ultimatum: The Reckoning: Who?

#5 VizeLX

VizeLX
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:43 PM

Instead of messing with the player's raid schedules, did you, and stay with me for a moment, did you ever consider...doing the maintenance on Tuesdays again?

How does it affect Carbine at all to do them instead on Tuesday?

People complained that NCSoft does account maint on Wednesday, and Carbine did server maint on Tuesday, so to minimize downtime, they moved their server maint to Wednesday. How big of an issue that is, is a different discussion I suppose

Edited by VizeLX, 04 December 2015 - 01:37 PM.

• Spider Bro Jenkins likes this

#6 puddn

puddn
  • Members
  • LocationNashville

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:49 PM

Oh, I see.  So it's an NCSoft problem and not a Carbine one.  Makes sense, I guess.

Vootwo: The Sequel: Bigger, Better, and Uncut: Unleashed: The Comic Sans Edition: Reloaded: Ultimatum: The Reckoning: Who?

#7 Xathonn

Xathonn
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:55 PM

That sucks

#8 Artereis

Artereis
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:24 PM

The new update is disappointing. You should have just given us the extra reset.

#9 Shinigami_Josh

Shinigami_Josh
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:12 PM

yeah, why can't we just have the extra reset?

#10 The Valiant King

The Valiant King
  • Guests
  • Locationover there

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:58 PM

You guys are trying too hard, leave it as it is.

#11 furoflo

furoflo
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:12 PM

its 1 more day for progression guilds to kill ohmna/avatus/augmentors hm

Edited by furoflo, 04 December 2015 - 11:16 PM.

• Spider Bro Jenkins and Niliana Bloodbound like this

#12 Aurellian

Aurellian
  • Members

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:43 AM

Was announced a while ago, but somehow I'm still not happy about the Wednesday reset. Creates nothing but problems for our raid schedule.

Cynia Aurellian - Amberley Aurellian - Retired

Cupcakes - 6/6 15/15 7/7

#13 Bellante

Bellante
  • Members

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:11 AM

This frustrates me to no end, and seems extreme that you would impact an entire raid community instead of just having maintenance on Tuesday.

Here's the deal, we raid 2 days a week, and everyone have planned their IRL schedules around this.

We raid Tuesday+Thursday, so we can have progress fairly close to each other, 1 day apart. 

With your change, you're making progress take place almost as far between each other as possible.

Please consider having maintenance on Tuesday as always, you're screwing over the community with this.

• plasmageek likes this

#14 dlundjensen

dlundjensen
  • Members

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:47 AM

This frustrates me to no end, and seems extreme that you would impact an entire raid community instead of just having maintenance on Tuesday.

Here's the deal, we raid 2 days a week, and everyone have planned their IRL schedules around this.

We raid Tuesday+Thursday, so we can have progress fairly close to each other, 1 day apart. 

With your change, you're making progress take place almost as far between each other as possible.

Please consider having maintenance on Tuesday as always, you're screwing over the community with this.

What Bellante said!

#15 plasmageek

plasmageek
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:24 AM

I have to agree, you're screwing your entire raid community who has had the SAME SCHEDULE for over a year. Maybe it won't matter for the *sarcasm* slew of new guilds *end sarcasm*, but about those of us who have been here from the start. We chose our days for a purpose, and now we have to try to rework our entire lives because you guys can't figure this out? Or suffer from MASSIVE breaks in our schedule to walk into a raid COLD for PROGRESSION? Are you serious? Tuesdays are warm-up, Wed/Thurs Settle-in/progression. Now it's what...cold-progression (b/c that's going to work SO well), with clear normal content wed/thurs? 

Edited by plasmageek, 07 December 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#16 Dukey

Dukey
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:32 AM

I have to agree, you're screwing your entire raid community who has had the SAME SCHEDULE for over a year. Maybe it won't matter for the *sarcasm* slew of new guilds *end sarcasm*, but about those of us who have been here from the start. We chose our days for a purpose, and now we have to try to rework our entire lives because you guys can't figure this out? Or suffer from MASSIVE breaks in our schedule to walk into a raid COLD for PROGRESSION? Are you serious? Tuesdays are warm-up, Wed/Thurs Settle-in/progression. Now it's what...cold-progression (b/c that's going to work SO well), with clear normal content wed/thurs? 

We raid 3 days a week, 3 hours a day, Mon/Tues/Wed - have always walked in cold on Mondays, and are 9/9.  Relax.

• Spider Bro Jenkins and SmokeTide like this

"The Duke" GM of Mistakes Were Made - http://www.MistakesWereMade.fail

#17 Bellante

Bellante
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:32 PM

We raid 3 days a week, 3 hours a day, Mon/Tues/Wed - have always walked in cold on Mondays, and are 9/9.  Relax.

Noone is saying it's impossible to progress, but it's certainly a very, very annoying and frustrating thing when you've planned everything around this schedule, for no other reason than "hey, we've randomly chosen to align the process happening Tuesday to some process noone in our customer gives a sh*t about that happens on Wednesday, INSTEAD OF THE OTHER WAY AROUND". 

What, the guy who restarts the server is off on Tuesdays now, or what the hell?

#18 SmokeTide

SmokeTide
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

I don't understand why everyone gets another day of progression in a week. Instead of rewarding your raiders with a chance at getting some loot that seems earned if you can clear in a session. But I guess more people are in progression so keep rewarding them, not like ppl are waiting on new RAID CONTENT trying for Artifacts. And I love having the weekend to break up our two progression nights to reine my build and strategy. What changed this change?

#19 H3rboss

H3rboss
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:38 PM

Ermagerd, I'm only an adult, how do you expect me to adjust to raid reset being one day later than usual!

Entire guilds and physical cities will surely crumble with this change!

• Spider Bro Jenkins, Zanthia and Niliana Bloodbound like this

People be like "I can't believe this game I enjoy and play completely for free, offers RL cash options to make things easier. Bastards!"

#20 HorusWS

HorusWS
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:18 PM

im also not a fan of this

u could just leave it the way it is now, have reset on tuesday, do patching on wednesday, think this shouldnt be a problem, is it?

also with this change shortly before christmas, u are ruining the avatus holiday kill for many guilds, just giving them 1 day (as most guilds will be pausing at least 1, most probably 2 ids, starting on 24.)

why not just do it when "raiding season" is starting again in the new year? if it even has to be done at all ...

Edited by HorusWS, 07 December 2015 - 04:20 PM.