Photo

Season 2 Arena 3v3 Team Rankings (Old)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
292 replies to this topic

#121 Ōkami

Ōkami
  • Members

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:19 AM

Soo, no word on the concerns and suggestions of the PvP community? Great.

#122 Cataract

Cataract
  • Members

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:03 AM

Calling spellslingers easy to play is just laughable really. Each healer is skillful AND easy in it's own way, I'd actually say medic is the least skillful of the three because it has the biggest margin of error with it's massive telegraphs. But then I'm biased, I play an esper, I like to aim my heals :P

15m range, absorbs, void ... with a spellslinger you have the biggest margin of error.

Medic healer the least skillfull ? In arena we need to be near/ inside the fight and not away as a spellslinger or esper. We need to don't take many damages or CC so stay near the fight but kite foes and follow our mates when they try to kite or follow foes. A spellslinger can stay at the same place with his long range and take less CC than medic heal.

With his long range, the spellslinger can heal in arena without take any damages because he's away of the fight compared to a medic heal.

So seriously atm spellslinger heal is the least skillfull and has the biggest margin of error.

So i'm not agree with you at all. Medic healer =/= Medic DPS.

We can heal 1K or 2K with emission when spellslinger can heal 15K+ in one skill. If a medic healer isn't near of his mates, it's lose. But if a spellslinger heal fail a skill, no prob he has absorb and can 15K+ crit heal.

Maybe we don't play the same arenas game.

Edited by Cataract, 05 December 2015 - 11:12 AM.

• Tuff and WatchMeOnTwitchKappa like this

CaTa RacT | Medic Heal | Jabbit EU ~ Mr CaTaRacT | Engineer | Jabbit EU

PvP S1 : EU RBG Rank #2 (2315) - PvP S1.5 : EU RBG Rank #1 (2431)

Leader of Dominion PvP Circle

#123 CheetosMascot TM

CheetosMascot TM
  • Members

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:45 AM

Calling spellslingers easy to play is just laughable really. Each healer is skillful AND easy in it's own way, I'd actually say medic is the least skillful of the three because it has the biggest margin of error with it's massive telegraphs. But then I'm biased, I play an esper, I like to aim my heals :P

I feel like I was with you and then you called medic the least skillful. Esper aims soothe, Medic aims emissions both have AOE mechanics outside of that. But only Medics are forced to be cleaved by enemies just trying to heal. Espers have a pretty comfy safety buffer by comparison. Even in terms of available defensive CD's without hurting their output. Medics try to heal without accidentally being CC'd or murdered while trying to keep someone up that is also getting CC'd and murdered. Healslinger > Medic in almost every way as well. Healslingers are set up to be the perfect PVP healer right now.

• Tuff, Yxx and Cataract like this
Donut Picnic= ' v ' =

#124 Revon

Revon
  • Members
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:08 PM

15m range, absorbs, void ... with a spellslinger you have the biggest margin of error.

Medic healer the least skillfull ? In arena we need to be near/ inside the fight and not away as a spellslinger or esper. We need to don't take many damages or CC so stay near the fight but kite foes and follow our mates when they try to kite or follow foes. A spellslinger can stay at the same place with his long range and take less CC than medic heal.

With his long range, the spellslinger can heal in arena without take any damages because he's away of the fight compared to a medic heal.

So seriously atm spellslinger heal is the least skillfull and has the biggest margin of error.

So i'm not agree with you at all. Medic healer =/= Medic DPS.

We can heal 1K or 2K with emission when spellslinger can heal 15K+ in one skill. If a medic healer isn't near of his mates, it's lose. But if a spellslinger heal fail a skill, no prob he has absorb and can 15K+ crit heal.

Maybe we don't play the same arenas game.

Without really commenting on the state of Medics, as I haven't played one enough to be able to discuss it properly, wanted to point out a few things;

SS range is 25m to 35m, and while they have a long range, their heals currently are almost entirely single target, so while they themselves can stay at range, they struggle against cleave comps as their healing output basically gets halved when two or more targets are getting hit. Runic Healing heals for ~1,5k-2k per tic so roughly the same as Emission I think? The burst heals are on cooldown, although a short one at that, and need to crit to heal for that much. Also, SS doesn't outrange Esper, Engineer or DPS Slinger, so it's not like a healslinger can just stand still in a spot and not worry about CC. If you're getting Warrior KD'd or something as a Medic healer, try to position yourself so you're not on the same side of the Warrior as your DPS...

I do hope the upcoming Medic changes will help put Medic healing in a healthier spot for PvP.

Edited by Revon, 05 December 2015 - 01:16 PM.

• Sylqt likes this

<Myth>

Noirik Windchaser - I sling spells

Team Venture (3v3 Arena) | Exile, EU

#125 Doctor Galex

Doctor Galex
  • Members
  • LocationIllium

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:41 PM

I'm worried about making it so that the quest only updates on a Win, since it seems like that might encourage win-trading, rather than actual competition...

#126 Warren Zevont

Warren Zevont
  • Members
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

I'm worried about making it so that the quest only updates on a Win, since it seems like that might encourage win-trading, rather than actual competition...

If that's the case, it'll only really apply to 3v3 arenas (and all 10 people who do 3v3s). BGs are too largescale to reliably do Win-trading. It will provide an increase in coordinated groups, much like double Prestiege weekends.

My main concern is the punishment for having a premade group. If you're queueing with friends, you're forced to wait longer.

Kharyn Aranis: Worst Warrior US, CEO and founder of <Bad Draken Inc>, and plenty of other irrelevant titles.

"I can't carry you guys anymore, my favorite massage parlor closed an hour ago. So unless one of you know a good Chua Masseuse, start getting good."

#127 Adminatron

Adminatron
  • Members
  • LocationVenice, FL

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:38 PM

If that's the case, it'll only really apply to 3v3 arenas (and all 10 people who do 3v3s). BGs are too largescale to reliably do Win-trading. It will provide an increase in coordinated groups, much like double Prestiege weekends.

My main concern is the punishment for having a premade group. If you're queueing with friends, you're forced to wait longer.

the punishment for not being in a premade isn't nearly as bad as the poor souls on the other end of it... ohh well.

Kadimir Silverscale / Windyr Silverscale / Ellinyr Silverscale /Strawberry Meatshake
come get wakaliki freaki at Wakaliki Village

#128 Sylqt

Sylqt
  • Members
  • LocationSoggy Cardboard Box

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:49 PM

I hope the upcoming esper changes will allow me to play my esper in arena T_T (if there will be any changes)

Edited by Sylqt, 05 December 2015 - 04:42 PM.

[  Syl Qt  | Syl Cutie | Scientist ]

EU

#129 Revon

Revon
  • Members
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:24 PM

Offtopic, apologies.

I hope the upcoming esper changes will allow me to play my esper in arena T_T (if there will be any changes)

Hoping this as well... I actually had a look at Esper's healing abilities the other day and it all just seems like a mess... Granted I have barely any experience of actually playing one, but from what I saw, single target heals were actually weaker than 5 target heals, close(r ) range HoT heal also pales in comparison, and what the hell is up with Bolster T8? 531 absorb?! I... Just... What?! Not that I can see anyone tiering it that high for PvP anyway, but... 531? for a T8 bonus? Come on. I think I'd quite like to see Mental Boon as a cooldown ability rather than a PP spender, I feel having a steady HoT might help Hespers a lot. Or maybe make Bolster not single target. Or would that make Espers lose their identity as a CC bot (having to carry more heals on their bar) and make them too similiar to the other two healing classes? What do you think?

Edited by Revon, 05 December 2015 - 06:24 PM.

<Myth>

#130 Sceptical Container

Sceptical Container
  • Members

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:26 PM

What do you think?

Something that would help:

- Mental boon stackable (currently it basically has a CD so reverie is the only way to go)

- Bolster being AoE (but if Bolster will be played reduce the cost a bit)

- PA needs a serious buff, just compare it to your RoP. We have 10k ish single target shield with 38sec cd

- our AMPs are useless, you can heal just about the same even without what.. 12 amps?

Feels like you can sort of heal through sustained dmg but once someone gets bursted down really low and you don't have innate and fixation ready for insta psi points you are doomed, No way to casually cast 5x soothe and save that person. And PA really doesn't cut it :D with its disgusting GCD it sometimes even screws me over it feels like.

Edited by Sceptical Container, 06 December 2015 - 05:24 AM.

• Revon likes this

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. Or does he?

Oh I'm so sceptical. Or am I?

#131 Thalothean

Thalothean
  • Members
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:57 AM

Something that would help:

- Mental boon stackable (currently it basically has a CD so reverie is the only way to go)

- Bolster being AoE (but if Bolster will be played reduce the cost a bit)

- PA needs a serious buff, just compare it to your RoP. We have 10k ish single target shield with 38sec cd

- our AMPs are useless, you can heal just about the same even without what.. 12 amps?

Feels like you can sort of heal through sustained dmg but once someone gets bursted down really low and you don't have innate and fixation ready for insta psi points you are doomed, No way to casually cast 5x soothe and save that person. And PA really doesn't cut it :D with its disgusting GCD it sometimes even screws me over it feels like.

Another suggestion to Mental Boon would be to make it something like Healing Salve currently is for spellslingers without the PP cost. (Noiriks idea when we discussed hesper)

PA could get the Bolster treatment slightly modified, when you have more support power than assault power the CD is reduced by x seconds to make it comparable to slingers absorbs, all thou with a slightly longer CD seeing how espers have a wide array of CC at their disposal being at their advantage.

Ye.. amps feel lackluster, I've tried the T3 amps for esper and they really dont feel worth the 6 amp point investment you'd do in them, especially the healing pet (forgot the amp name) is always getting stuck away from its targets and the heal is wasted and overall you dont have that many amps that feel worthwhile in the support tree except the T1 amps.

Edited by Thalothean, 07 December 2015 - 07:51 AM.

Lv. 50 Exile Warrior | Lv. 50 Exile Engineer | Lv. 50 Exile Esper | Lv. 50 Exile Medic | Luminai EU

<Myth> | twitch.tv/thalothean

2v2 - 2.1k+ Season 1 | R1 S1.5

#132 Sylqt

Sylqt
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:28 AM

Omg anytime i see someone with the healing veggie, I internally cringe. It makes me so sad that it heals so badly, and actually heals pets more than players T_T

EU

#133 Revon

Revon
  • Members
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:05 AM

Omg anytime i see someone with the healing veggie, I internally cringe. It makes me so sad that it heals so badly, and actually heals pets more than players T_T

One cannot control the urges of the humping carrot.

• CRB_Timetravel, Sylqt and Warren Zevont like this

<Myth>

#134 Sylqt

Sylqt
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:26 AM

Thankyou revon, for allowing me to spit coffee all over my freshly washed hair and choke with laughter :(

HUMPY CARROT!

EU

#135 Revon

Revon
  • Members
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:00 PM

p8ri4.jpg

Peek-a-Boo! Progress with the reduced rating requirement today! :D

• CRB_Timetravel, Sylqt and xMisery like this

<Myth>

#136 NiP QraiT

NiP QraiT
  • Members
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:42 AM

Gratz noric !! Still cant find team for any of chars... HSlinger / War/ Stalker...

SpellSinger QRaiT MMHunter [Exile Luminai]
Warrior QRaiT ArmsWarrior [Exile Luminai]
Medic - NiP QRaiT [Exile Luminai]

#137 CRB_Timetravel

CRB_Timetravel
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:06 PM

Standings have been updated!

Last week:

Season 2 3v3 Standings Part IV (as of 12/03):

[Ranking] [Team Rating] [Rank Change] [Win %] [Wins - Losses] [Team Name]

EU

1. [825] [ --- ] [93.1%] [163 - 12] ON JOUE TSG ET QUOI VIEUX
  2. [713] [+19] [96.3%] [  78 - 3  ] Team Venture
  3. [556] [ --- ] [88.9%] [104 - 13] Is This Housing
  4. [505] [ --- ] [78.9%] [  71 - 19] Les sales lopps
  5. [437] [ --- ] [78.2%] [  68 - 19] Shattered Dreams
  6. [402] [ --- ] [77.6%] [  45 - 13] WHAT IS THAT DAMAGE
  7. [334] [  +1] [74.3%] [  26 - 9  ] Mr Fancypants
  8. [309] [  +2] [85.2%] [  23 - 4  ] letroit mousquetaire
  9. [308] [  +2] [86.2%] [  25 - 4  ] WARMONGER
  10. [298] [  +2] [ 100%] [  21 - 0  ] Gief skins
  11. [292] [  +7] [66.7%] [  24 - 12] 2 Medics and a Warrior
  12. [287] [  +1] [62.5%] [  25 - 15] Is this System Demons
  13. [263] [  +8] [82.1%] [  23 - 5  ] E BALL
  14. [263] [  +2] [56.0%] [  47 - 37] Team Team
  15. [262] [  +2] [60.0%] [  33 - 22] One shot cleave
  16. [236] [  +5] [68.4%] [  13 - 6  ] War Legend Reloaded
  17. [236] [  +2] [76.2%] [  16 - 5  ] OPoneshot
  18. [203] [  +3] [80.0%] [  12 - 3  ] TSGv2
  19. [197] [  +2] [ 100%] [  11 - 0  ] Euro Slayers
  20. [192] [  +1] [90.9%] [  10 - 1  ] V3 test

NA

1. [559] [ --- ] [85.6%] [  89 - 15] Clubhouse Yatish
  2. [553] [ --- ] [81.4%] [  70 - 16] MLG Rejects
  3. [423] [ --- ] [83.7%] [  41 - 8  ] Its Happening
  4. [413] [ --- ] [88.9%] [  40 - 5  ] Who Took Pulp Fiction
  5. [365] [ --- ] [75.8%] [  47 - 15] Thug Stompin Bruhs
  6. [311] [ --- ] [76.2%] [  32 - 10] Hood Stompin Thugs
  7. [271] [ --- ] [ 100%] [  17 - 0  ] season2 osu champs
  8. [233] [  +1] [68.6%] [  24 - 11] Pecking Order
  9. [226] [   -1] [92.3%] [  12 - 1  ] pimping aint easy
  10. [211] [ --- ] [61.8%] [  21 - 13] Pulp Fiction II
  11. [201] [ --- ] [80.0%] [  12 - 3  ] Mystic
  12. [188] [ --- ] [77.3%] [  17 - 5  ] ohnowhyme
  13. [183] [ --- ] [91.7%] [  11 - 1  ] Boobschicken beer wamelon
  14. [183] [ --- ] [64.0%] [  16 - 9  ] Lets win this
  15. [146] [ --- ] [59.1%] [  13 - 9  ] Team Tunnel Vision
  16. [141] [ --- ] [55.0%] [  22 - 18] SHOULDNT HAVE DONE THAT
  17. [141] [ --- ] [65.0%] [  13 - 7  ] THE RANGERS
  18. [140] [ --- ] [70.0%] [  21 - 9  ] Lifestealing the Gold
  19. [127] [ --- ] [83.3%] [    5 - 1  ] MSG pro
  20. [126] [ --- ] [ 100%] [    6 - 0  ] Chosen carries

(Part I Standings Here)

(Part II Standings Here)

(Part III Standings Here)

Edited by CRB_Timetravel, 10 December 2015 - 01:33 PM.

Multiplayer Systems Lead (Expeditions, Adventures, Dungeons, Raids, Battlegrounds, Warplots)

#138 Thalothean

Thalothean
  • Members
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for the update TT!

• Ōkami likes this

Lv. 50 Exile Warrior | Lv. 50 Exile Engineer | Lv. 50 Exile Esper | Lv. 50 Exile Medic | Luminai EU

<Myth> | twitch.tv/thalothean

2v2 - 2.1k+ Season 1 | R1 S1.5

#139 CunningLinguist

CunningLinguist
  • Members
  • LocationIt was a dark and stormy night

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:13 PM

Whoa there NA, don't burn out by doing too much too fast.

Edited by CunningLinguist, 10 December 2015 - 03:07 PM.

Server: EntityCharacters:  Engie (tank/dps 6/6GA 9/9|15/15DS - PvP DPS/Tank) - Medic (heals/dps - 6/6GA - 6/9DS-  PvP Heals/DPS) - SS (heals/dps - 6/6GA - 5/9DS - PvP DPS) - Esper (heals/dps - 6/6GA - PvP DPS/Heals) - Stalker (tank/dps - 6/6GA - PvP DPS/Tank) - Warrior (tank/dps 6/6GA, 1/9DS40 1/9DS20 - PvP DPS)

#140 Revon

Revon
  • Members
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:18 PM

NA, get your crap together and start queueing. :o Set an event date, advertise it, get people to queue Arena that day and once people have done it for a day or so, tell them to queue again the next. Back when practice BGs were a thing we managed to move everyone from practice queues to rated queues, I'm sure you can get people to do Arena as well. It's clear there are a lot of people interested in it, but if no one is queueing then no one else will queue because the queue never pops because nobody tries to queue because it never... You get the gist. The rating system is fixed, the gadgets are once again available and the costumes are much easier to get now.

• xMisery likes this

<Myth>