[Feedback] New WildStar Realms Incoming

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#121 lordkabal26

lordkabal26
  • Members
  • LocationDarkspace

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:46 PM

If the new server is just an extension of entity does that mean my characters will be the same? If not what happen to the new ones when the merge is made?

They'll be placed on the current servers which means if you're a F2P user you'll have to either delete an existing character on Entity or buy a character slot so that when the merger occurs you don't go over your character slot limit and get locked out of a character.

#122 Ianpact

Ianpact
  • Guests
  • LocationLouisiana, US

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:56 PM

Thank you for making this decision, I hope it works out for those having such constant trouble.  I have been fortunate to have little issue.  I'm am glad to see you went with moderation this time.

If I may make a suggestion, for the time being you may want to considered opening free server transfer between the server types, PvE to PvE and PvP to PvP at least if not PvE to PvP and vise versa.  This way new and old players can still meet up for the time being but will eventually be all in one place once it settles down and is merged.  This of course is assuming that doing so wouldn't mess up something of a technical nature.

Victory goes not to the the able, but to the Ambitious.

--Daresso, King of Swords

#123 Lightor36

Lightor36
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:20 PM

When you over fill a bucket with water and them set another empty bucket next to it... and direct the water flow into the new bucket...  Does the over full bucket become any less full?  Or do you need to poor some from the full bucket into the new bucket to releave the fullness?

This analogy isn't accurately describing whats going on, its a gating issue, from everything I've seen.  Imagine you have a pipe hanging over a bucket, with a hole in it, only so much water can get into that bucket, the size of the bucket is irrelevant.  The problem is that the hole isn't big enough.  So they are making more holes to allow more water(people) in the bucket(mega server), not more buckets.

#124 jaxx0rr

jaxx0rr
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:25 PM

One PvP and PvE server per religion.

perfect

I AM going to create a caracter called Darvin on the Christian PVE Server

AND a character called Hitler on the Jew PVP server

dont have to balls to go on the muslim server

Edited by jaxx0rr, 01 October 2015 - 08:26 PM.

#125 fitorion

fitorion
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:31 PM

Why pour water from Glass A, into Glass B, to pour it right back into Glass A?

because you've been making glass A bigger in the mean time.

#126 Owlert

Owlert
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:42 PM

because you've been making glass A bigger in the mean time.

Spoiler

#127 fitorion

fitorion
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:44 PM

This analogy isn't accurately describing whats going on, its a gating issue, from everything I've seen.  Imagine you have a pipe hanging over a bucket, with a hole in it, only so much water can get into that bucket, the size of the bucket is irrelevant.  The problem is that the hole isn't big enough.  So they are making more holes to allow more water(people) in the bucket(mega server), not more buckets.

They are most certainly adding another bucket... they are also splitting the pipe as you put into 2.

Actually I think it's more like using a funnel to fill the bucket... and the funnel is getting backed up... so they are adding a second bucket with a second funnel... the original hose is still filling the first bucket... and they've added a second hose for the second bucket...  so the first bucket will continue to have the same problems it's having now as none of the flow is being directed away from it.

Everyday the over abundance of people already on A will try to cram through the funnel on A unless there are transfers to allow them to go to B.  Once the Funnel on A is upgraded to handle the flow then B can be poored into A.

#128 CappyT

CappyT
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:54 PM

Hey Everyone -

Thanks for all of your questions. I'll be updating the forums post with a FAQ and answers in the next day. I see that there's some confusion about timing, and the merger process in particular, and I hope I can help.

In regards to timing, we're looking to do this within the next 24 hours and we'll update you as to when that can happen when we have more information. We want to make sure that we've addressed everything before we make this move. And, in regards to the merger - a merger of the realms will happen once after dramatically improving the game experience, reducing lag, and improving queues.

But the question is: we can transfer our character to the new server? And if yes, gor free?

Thanks

#129 Algorithm

Algorithm
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:32 PM

Thanks very much for the update.

Simply letting us know what is going on and that you're working on it goes a long way.

We'll see you on Nexus!

#130 furoflo

furoflo
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:38 PM

But the question is: we can transfer our character to the new server? And if yes, gor free?

Thanks

not very likely on either imo. obv their ressources are needed somewhere else atm than moving chars from x to y.

This is a hotfix implemented for NEW players (level1)

#131 Kritpwns

Kritpwns
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:39 PM

wow thats awesome carbine! i hope this fixes the ques/lag it was making the game unplayable, i'm really excited you guys listened to our feedback!

#132 Ianpact

Ianpact
  • Guests
  • LocationLouisiana, US

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:40 PM

perfect

I AM going to create a caracter called Darvin on the Christian PVE Server

AND a character called Hitler on the Jew PVP server

dont have to balls to go on the muslim server

It's Darwin, bro. ;)

Victory goes not to the the able, but to the Ambitious.

--Daresso, King of Swords

#133 AshaMarie

AshaMarie
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:47 PM

This is good news.  Stress on the current 2 servers have been a pain for everyone.

• Neoyoshi likes this

#134 Neoyoshi

Neoyoshi
  • Members
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:53 PM

Smart move Carbine.  :)  Looking forward to the new realms coming in.

eхpecт ѕpelυncean ғorυм-lυrĸer & ιnтerѕтellar eхplorer 2013.

ıllıllı Neoyoshi's Art Imaginarium ıllıllı

#135 Omeed

Omeed
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:11 PM

Thanks

Yes. You'll be able to transfer characters for free between "sister-servers" (e.g. Jabbit and Jabbit-2). This will be free while there are multiple servers - but we've planned to charge for it as part of free-to-play, so we'll get back to that after services are normalized. 

NCSOFT Director of Community and Social

twitter.com/omeed

twitch.tv/omeed

#136 furoflo

furoflo
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:27 PM

Yes. You'll be able to transfer characters for free between "sister-servers" (e.g. Jabbit and Jabbit-2). This will be free while there are multiple servers - but we've planned to charge for it as part of free-to-play, so we'll get back to that after services are normalized. 

this is truely awesome :)

and before someone asks... the merging back is also free.

so you can transfer your level 11 (or whatever) char to the new server

for example EU PVE1 to EU PVE2,

NOT EUPVE1 to EUPVP2

or EU TO NA

or NA TO EU

Edited by furoflo, 01 October 2015 - 10:24 PM.

#137 Omeed

Omeed
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:30 PM

This is good news.  Stress on the current 2 servers have been a pain for everyone.

Yep. We're hoping this full addresses it - but this is our first F2P weekend - it's hard to gauge just how many people will be coming in. 

It's a good problem to have, for sure, but we still want to resolve it. We want people playing, not tanking the queue boss. 

NCSOFT Director of Community and Social

twitter.com/omeed

twitch.tv/omeed

#138 Brain Woodstock

Brain Woodstock
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:37 PM

WTH and i thought we had Mega Servers.

Splitting the cmmunity up again, hm not smart.

And after the launch pressure will be gone, what becomes of the Servers?

Will the merge to one or what?

#139 Kokefageln

Kokefageln
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:39 PM

So what would one benefit from transfering to the sister server? Will players from Jabbit-1 be able to communicate with people from Jabbit-2, and see them in openworld, join the same guild?  When will the merge happen? And post merge, what happens to the hardware for e.g. Jabbit-2, will it be used or scrapped? From what I've read "Megaserver" is just a name and not the actual technology?

Edited by Kokefageln, 01 October 2015 - 10:48 PM.

#140 Darkarhon

Darkarhon
  • Members
  • LocationAt planet Nexus

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:39 PM

WTH and i thought we had Mega Servers.

Splitting the cmmunity up again, hm not smart.

And after the launch pressure will be gone, what becomes of the Servers?

Will the merge to one or what?

They will merge them when they fix the stability issues.