• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#1 CRB_Sunshine

CRB_Sunshine

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:26 PM

Hey Everyone -

We've written a news post about improving the game experience, reducing lag, and improving queues by introducing new realms. Read all about our planned changes and leave us your thoughts below.

Thanks again for all of your patience, we truly appreciate it.

Team WildStar

Frequently Asked Questions:

Realms, Realm Transfers, and Mergers

• When will the temporary realms be merged back?
    • We will merge the realms back together into Megaservers as soon as possible, but we need to fix our Megaserver technology to be able to support more players. As stated in the announcement, this split is a temporary measure to alleviate latency and queues.
  • Will realm transfers be available? Will they be free?
    • Yes, and yes – but there are limitations. You can move any number of characters you want as many times as you want, but each character can only be moved once every 7 days. Also, players can only transfer from sister realm to sister realm – e.g. Entity to Entity-2 or Jabbit to Jabbit-2.
  • What is the plan for character names on the newly created realms if they will be merged back into the original ones?
    • Character names that are already taken will be unavailable, and therefore will be unaffected when we merge the Realms back together.
  • How will player names work?
    • All character and guild names will be shared between the Realms. Thus a character named Chua Lover present on Entity would have the name reserved on Entity-2.
  • If I transfer to a temporary realm, can I play with my friends from the source realm?
    • Although we plan to merge these realms later, they are separate realms for now and so you would not be able to play with players from the other realm, except in cross-realm content, specifically those matched via the content finder.
  • Where will the new realms be physically located?
    • The machines running these new realms will be in the same datacenters we use today in Dallas, TX and Frankfurt, Germany.
  • Any ETA on how long the temporary realms will need to be up?
    • Until everything is stabilized, and we’re confident that the merger will not present more issues.
  • Will realm first achievements be available on the expansion realms? Will they merge back into the source realms?
    • All current realm first achievements will be available on the expansion realms. If a realm first achievement is earned on an expansion realm, it will be retained when that realm merges, even if that realm first has already been earned on the source realm. It's okay to have multiple holders of a realm first achievement; the realm first achievement for defeating Avatus in the original Datascape is held by 40 players.
  • Will the Auction House / Commodities Exchange be linked between source and expansion realms?
    • While the realms remain separated, so will their economies. Once the realms merge, their AH and CX will merge as well.
  • Does the 7 day cooldown still apply when I have moved my characters between Realms?
    • Yes, upon moving your character into an expansion realm, you will be unable to move it back to a source realm for 7 days. All normal realm transfer rules apply – please see this KB article for more information.
  • How long does it takes for my characters to be effectively moved?
    • It can take between 15 minutes and 24 hours.
  • I am receiving the error message “My character is busy” when I am trying to initiate a Realm transfer?
    • We have a very good Realm Transfer FAQ that can be accessed here.

Characters and Creation

• Will I still be able to talk to my friends on the other realms, or do I have to transfer?
    • There is cross realm chatting in the game and whispering between account friends. That works across realms.
  • Is this temporary, or a long term solution?
    • This is temporary solutions that helping to alleviate the issue of realm lag and increased queue times while we work on a permanent/long term solution.
  • Will characters be copied over to the 2nd realm?
    • No characters will be copied over at this time, and the new realms will be a clean slate for a period of time. Players will however be able to freely transfer their characters for a short time.
  • Will there be a lock on Entity to prevent players from making new characters there?
    • Not at all.
  • If I make characters on both servers and they merge, will I be able to keep all of my characters?
    • If you make more characters than your account is allowed between both realms (i.e. two characters on Entity, and two characters on Entity 2), when the servers are merged together you’ll have all of them and you’ll be able to play them. However, should you ever delete those characters, unless you changed your account to Signature status or bought extra Character slots, those character slots will no longer be available.
  • What about region locking?
    • Players can log into NA or EU at will, although your character data will be separate. Account items waiting to be claimed may be claimed in either region, but once in your account inventory they are bound to that region. Cosmic Rewards are applied to every character on your account, so those will automatically be waiting for you on any character you create in either region. Signature status applies to your account in both regions.

Edited by CRB_Sunshine, 02 October 2015 - 06:49 PM.
Included FAQ

#2 Tharp

Tharp
  • Members
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

Will there be server transfers available to help move people off the existing servers? 

• Jenilya, guymn999, Auck and 6 others like this

#3 GorenKillChua

GorenKillChua
  • Members
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

Are...are you *cupcake*ing serious... I remember you guys opened more servers are launch as well, what happened? Oh yeah, THEY BECAME BARREN.

• VidPrime, Profoundsoup, Saccharin and 2 others like this

#4 Coldin

Coldin
  • Members

Need some clarifications. You are planning to open up some additional realms to play on, correct. But afterward, once the main server issues are addressed, you will be merging those worlds back into Entity and Warhound?  What is the plan for character names on the newly created servers if they will be merged back into the original ones?

• Naunet, Malkavian, Tiptoe and 1 other like this

Coldin Windfall - Entity - Roleplayer and Raider

Avatar Artwork courtesy of Sly - http://straycatsketch.tumblr.com/

#5 Tharp

Tharp
  • Members
  • LocationUSA

POPULAR

Are...are you *cupcake*ing serious... I remember you guys opened more servers are launch as well, what happened? Oh yeah, THEY BECAME BARREN.

They specifically stated that these servers will be merged back into the existing servers once they resolve all the issues...

• Brutzkrieg, Neoyoshi, hellhound_omega and 8 others like this

#6 TheZatherus

TheZatherus
  • Members
  • LocationSomewhere in the Northwest

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:53 PM

YOU GUYS ROCK!

• Neoyoshi, nesh and Kritpwns like this

#7 Roberto Noh

Roberto Noh
  • Members

Read the post, they're merging them again after.

• Tharp, Yxx, Dharnell and 3 others like this

#8 Eldeon

Eldeon
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:47 PM

I don't think they are adding REALMS. I think they are just beefing up their server hardware. 

Edit: Nevermind, I'm wrong. New realms are being added, but they will be merged afterwords. 

Edited by Eldeon, 01 October 2015 - 04:49 PM.

#9 xwmstormx

xwmstormx
  • Members

Kinda wish you were not so negative. They are opening up new servers slowly to accomodate (hopefully) the new influx of players. Once that settles down I'm sure after a few months they will merge the players who are staying to a single server again. :)

• Dharnell likes this

#10 Killance

Killance
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:54 PM

1 more pve for both NA and EU.

1 more pvp for both NA and EU.

http://www.wildstar-...rvers-incoming/

Edited by Killance, 01 October 2015 - 04:54 PM.

• Neoyoshi, Lethrface and Gnapoleon like this

#11 CRB_Pyaray

CRB_Pyaray

Lead Network & DB Engineer

• Carbine Studios Staff

Character & Guild/Circle/Team names will be unique across new & old servers, so the merger "should" be smooth. :)

#12 Wayticus

Wayticus
  • Members

Will we get the RP realm back?

Will there be free transfers to these new realms?

Are these actually going to be new relams, or just more hardware added to the mega server?

• the infamous Brad likes this

#13 GorenKillChua

GorenKillChua
  • Members
  • LocationMichigan

They specifically stated that these servers will be merged back into the existing servers once they resolve all the issues...

Oh...my...bad, I stubbed my toe pretty hard so I was angry typing.

Kinda wish you were not so negative. They are opening up new servers slowly to accomodate (hopefully) the new influx of players. Once that settles down I'm sure after a few months they will merge the players who are staying to a single server again. :)

I am not that negative. I think this game will thrive, but I dont think opening new servers is a good idea. I am probably the biggest fanboy ever, if you tell me the game is horrible IRL I WILL RANT.

• Tex Arcana and Asari like this

#14 Lethrface

Lethrface
  • Members
  • LocationSan Marcos, TX

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

Just saw this posted on twitter myself.  Seems like it will be great and I'm looking forward to being able to jump back in game soon.

Leather Face on Entity and Duke Fett on Entity 2
I'm likely at work and bored when I write this stuff.  I also sometimes stream on Twitch.
http://www.twitch.tv/lethrface13

#15 Lemurian

Lemurian
  • Guests
  • LocationME

Will we get the RP realm back?

Will there be free transfers to these new realms?

Are these actually going to be new relams, or just more hardware added to the mega server?

No, No, and No.

Most of the current issues have to do with the gatekeeping part of the game, letting enough people in and handling the load. The servers are a temporary fix to create 4 gates per region instead of two.

• Gnapoleon likes this

"Unfortunately, Lemurian has it right." -BusterCasey

Worst Forum Lurker Ever

#16 CRB_Caydiem

CRB_Caydiem
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Need some clarifications. You are planning to open up some additional realms to play on, correct. But afterward, once the main server issues are addressed, you will be merging those worlds back into Entity and Warhound?  What is the plan for character names on the newly created servers if they will be merged back into the original ones?

All name exclusivity will be shared across the expanded servers; the server expanded out from Entity will not allow any name taken on Entity to be made on it, for example. This way the merge will be clean. :)

#17 Slickie

Slickie
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

This is good news! Though I imagine a lot of the load on the PvP servers is coming from people trying to escape the crush on the PvE servers. Personally I would have opened 2 new PvE servers per region instead of 1 PvE and one PvP.

I hope this helps!
  • Aussiewolf and Luxus420 like this

#18 Owlert

Owlert
  • Members

Names?

#19 xwmstormx

xwmstormx
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:58 PM

Thank you!

I'm glad that you are opening up new servers to accomodate the new player base.

(you may not read this next part but what the hell)

Don't go above your means! Only open up a couple, let them fill up and then open up one or two more. Open up more servers SLOWLY as the player base will deminish over the next few months. That happening will turn full servers into smaller ones. So prep ahead and be sure that you can merge a couple together as we go along. Prepare for the name conflicts and the ZONE capacity!

For Example!!! Just because a whole server can hold 5k players doesn't mean that one zone can handle 2k of that being new players.

Keep up the good work gals and guys! Happy to be a part of this new experience in the MMO you have created!

• Koala Blue likes this

#20 Threnden75

Threnden75
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:58 PM

Been a rocky few days, but the time I've had I've enjoyed so this is good news.  Much needed.

Credit to everyone behind the scenes working so hard right now.  Must be more stressed than the servers right now.