- How does the spawn rate feel? Too fast? Too slow? Can you find one eventually if you're looking for one?
Overall okay, some don't seem to spawn as frequently as others though.
But that could be coincidence since ohers looking around for them as well.
- Are there any zones you feel have too few (or too many) potential spawn spots?
Uhh... yes.... from the areas I've visited they are as follows:
- Galeras is choke full of discoveries, could easily find several discoveries in minutes, especially in the south-west, central and eastern sections of the map, much less so in the North where the Dominion base is.
- Crimson Badlands, fine. Got both a pet (Sand Dune Scrab) and a costume piece pretty quickly there.
- Algoroc, fine, ran into some costume piece and pet pretty quikcly.
- Deradune, fine (didn't spend a lot of time there though).
- Celestion, on the low side, and for the ones I did find most were stat enhancers or events (drop pod attacks) and one cave that had a vendor in it , but there was nothing special which she sold though.
- Wilderrun, a few spots I could find and visit quite often, but it's seriously insufficient, 95% stat enhancers, 1 pet and some small events. One of the discoveries also turned into a teleporter once that was bugged (have submitted a report with the /bug thingy).
- Malgrave, found a meagre amount of locations compared to how big Malgrave is, just like Wilderrun, mostly stat enhancers, a few drop attacks and finally 1 costume piece (from the Trademan's outfit). Some discovery locations also seemed to spawn a lot more often then others.
- Do the buffs feel like they make a difference (particularly when leveling)?
- Is there any buff you feel is particularly powerful or weak?
- What do you think of the path-themed bags that give you runecrafting supplies, etc.?
Kinda neutral on this, but it can't do any harm I suppose.
- How is the rate of costume finding when hunting them down?
Depends a lot on the area, when there's a good amount of discoveries it's okay, but the ones seriously lacking them (such as Malgrave and Wilderrun), that's when madness does start to kick in and finding costume pieces becomes close to impossible.
- Are there any issues with the new costumes or pets?
Nope, but hard to tell if they can be so difficult to find.
- How quickly did you find pets? (They're supposed to be quite rare and seem to be a bit too common right now.)
When I returned for a visit to the Crimson Badlands the first discovery I opened had a Scrab pet in it, that might have been a one-hit wonder though.
Bumped into a pet in Algoroc after some searching, seemed after a reasonable time though, guess it depends on how rare you consider rare to be (2 hours search, 6 hours search, 2 days, a week, eternity).
The only other I found was in Wilderrun after a maddening search that took hours, it's also the only costume/pet loot item I've found there after searching that area.
Thanks in advance for your feedback and in helping test this revamped feature!
One last thing actually, at the moment there only seems to be a relatively small number of people testing this, if this goes to live with the current drop rates and hundreds of others also start their pet/costume search this will probably turn into a nightmare.
Edited by Thiefje, 15 August 2015 - 11:56 AM.