38 replies to this topic

#1 ThaCheez

ThaCheez

Community and Creative Content Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:28 AM

WpgZFZfl.jpg

We would like to invite you to our "Road To Free-To-Play Part II" Livestream, Wednesday 7/1. Join Community Manager, Deirdre ‘DD’ Hollis and Brand Manager, Kari Hale as they chat with Product Director, Mike Donatelli and  Class Lead, Steve Engle about the move to Free-to-Play and the Class Stat changes coming to WildStar! Of course we love to keep things unpredictable around here, so it’s only appropriate that DD may be called in for a super top-secret mission for the government that week, and I will have to dust off my old hosting hat and fill in. Don’t tell anyone, but I kinda hope she gets called in. X-D

As usual we’ll be gathering questions about our business model transition directly from Twitch chat, social media, and here on the forums. So start submitting your questions below and we'll do our best to answer as many as we can!

Our Q&A doesn’t end there. Directly following our Livestream we will be hosting a AMA with Steve Engle and his team from 11:30am – 1:00pm PDT on Reddit.

Thanks everyone. We look forward to seeing you, and stay frosty!

Wednesday 7/1/15   |  10am PDT / 5pm UTC   |   http://www.twitch.tv/WildStar

Tony Rey

Community & Creative Content Manager

Dem Tweets

#2 ThaCheez

ThaCheez

Community and Creative Content Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

DD's super top-secret mission...

ehohdrTl.jpg

Tony Rey

Community & Creative Content Manager

Dem Tweets

#3 CRB_Sunshine

CRB_Sunshine

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

DD's super top-secret mission...

ehohdrTl.jpg

Cover blown.....thanks Tony. >.>

#4 LordJJag

LordJJag
  • Members
  • LocationLand of Oz

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:30 PM

Nice, nice.My little Aussie toon will be interested to know more.

While I didn't jump back on the bag wagon the first day f2p was officially announced, I came a few days later as the idea of certain future adds a lot of weight to my decision. I left in November, before drop 3 but have kept an active eye on the forums and news sites since. I may have even sent a few rants to the redphone, but what I have seen is a constant shift toward righting the "wrongs" and bring in more "rights". There are still some problems to be sorted but being able to have an adult conversation about said changes along with a balanced mix of feedback will help address theses.

I don't have any real questions as there is not a lot to go on, stat changes sound positive and Im not too worried about it being a mess, different no doubt. Sprint change, 'meh' positive until tested.

Oh a question.

1)How will you accommodate the larger player base not being able to get together on a voice comm channel to tackle communication heavy content.

2)Adventure time, any plans of making more of these casual pug friendly packets of fun. Maybe tweaking the gold metal a tad on MT to not 30carvan peeps not dying. (Bay Of B, plans, feedback and future direction if any)

3)Guilds and the motivation to start a new guild v joining old guild. The issues of perks and taxes.

I don't play with numbers, just toons.

#5 ChuaFriend7000

ChuaFriend7000
  • Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:37 PM

Hi

Long time pvper and enthusiastic player!

Q1: When will  the pvp community receive a new battleground?

Q2: With the introduction of F2P will we see services such as faction changes, race changes as well as other potential cosmetic changes alongside everything you have planned so far?

Q3: From a technical standpoint, do you feel that your servers are capable of handling the potentially massive load of new players. Additionally, will you be opening new megaservers?

Q4: Will you be implementing current addons such as the group finder addon, rune master etc with the introduction of F2P as well as the Junk button? I Would very much like to see this!

Those are pretty much the most important questions i personally have right now, thanks for reading them.

#6 Demonmanu

Demonmanu
  • Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

1) are we soon seeing any kind  of object with collision for housing, because much projects like arenas, or laser tag plots are hindered because all telegraphs tresspass object and make it kinda pointless

a suggestion from me in the housing forums

add 3 items with colision on telegraphs, a floor/wall, a column and a circular thing, players will place them inside other objects for colision purposes and we will have our arenas, tracks, laser tag plots

and everybody is happy

2) seems like the changes proposed for drop 6 are good, except for the sprint one, whats the reasoning behind this, and why not just up a little mount speed since they can be used since level 3

3) about the state of new raid we have to wait for drop 7 or no way to see it in 2015

4) can you say yes or no and i will be happy ¿ its drop 6 CONTENT wise bigger or similar compared to drop 4 or drop 5?

5)are we seeing any event prior to halloween, cause its so far away

6) can we see more more addons implemented into the original interface like you made it with junk it, like the group finder (like a post table for looking groups) or vincebuilds (changing gear, costume and las easilly)

7) are we seeing something to revive adventure queues, seems like those are death cause players tend to queue and being carried on dungeons skipping that step, meanwhile shiphands are still played as fast solo and money wise good content, but adventures seems to getting dust only visited for people on attunement.

8) anything to make warplots a thing, you only see one or two on contract day and even those days  sometimes people seem to not be in the mood

9) sometime ago you said some devs were experimenthing with a war of the wilds prototype of battleground, any news on that?

10) please swear with the eldans as your witnesses you never will sell in the cash shop gear or unique damage/healing/tanking boosts

11) any incentive to make world bosses more desirable objetives, sometimes  its hard to find a group

Edited by Demonmanu, 26 June 2015 - 04:59 PM.

RELEASE THE SNARKYNESS

FREE THE HOLOCRYPT GUY CARBINE HES A POLITICAL HOSTAGE OF YOUR NEW POLICY OF SOFTENING NEXUS

#7 Tigerfish

Tigerfish
  • Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for all the effort you guys have been putting in to keep this game alive - it's a great game that deserves it.

My question is: Will you be introducing a Race Change option anytime soon? I know I want this and I will be willing to drop some $ to make it happen. I recently had a change of heart about which race I want my Lv. 50 Spellslinger to be and instead of leveling a new one from scratch I'd rather spend that time leveling another class on my list instead.

Edited by Tigerfish, 26 June 2015 - 08:38 PM.

#8 Olivar

Olivar
  • Members
  • LocationSpace Lagomorph

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:28 PM

1. You wish to incentive people to play different setups with their classes. Why do you replace one arbitrary stat system with another then instead of making all abilities viable? 
  2. Is multi-hit in WildStar going to be the same as in World of Warcraft?
  3. Why this Vigor system? How is it fair to make your peak performance be dependent on healers and "smart heals" that they cannot control in the first place?
  4. What about the rune system and countless amounts of platinum invested by people? What makes you think they will do this again?
  5. When are we getting the class unlocks for our races? Chua Warriors and Stalkers need to happen.
  6. Why do Chua still have these stupid underpants on them?
  7. Related to #1: Why am I as spellslinger forced to spam Vitality Burst in order to keep up with others? Why can't I play my Void Spring Sustain build as I want to?
  8. What about hitting mechanics for classes? Healing Lattice in Datascape as a slinger is still a pain as only a select few spells work on the walls there
  9. What is being done about the class performance and high latency? (see lag on jabbit topic in bugs)
  10. Any plans on incentives for running low level dungeons, like Final Fantasy does?
  11. What about a gear system like Final Fantasy?
  12. What's the word on new classes?
  13. Can we get abilities that swap our AP/SP ? This would make it way more easier for Healers to off DPS or the other way around when "shit hits the fan"

That's all for now.

• DeaHamlet likes this

#9 Ildur

Ildur
  • Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:55 PM

1- Any chances at increasing the holowardrobe limit, either for free, through loyalty or actual cash shop upgrades?

2- I heard the Chinese version is going to get their own facial customization options. Are we getting any of that? 

3- My warrior gets Assault Power from Brutality, for example. But my Spellslinger gets critical hit damage and strikethrough. Will the stats be converted on a per class basis, or will each current stat transform to a specific combination of the new primary/secondary stats?

That's all I can think of and none of them are properly about the business model. But details, I guess.

• DeaHamlet likes this

When in doubt, apply more Random Number Generators! That never gets old, right? Right?

#10 Isnogut

Isnogut
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:50 AM

Oh a question.

1)How will you accommodate the larger player base not being able to get together on a voice comm channel to tackle communication heavy content.

Why is this even an issue? MMO's tried several years ago to add their own voice comm to compete agains TS2. I don't know where those are now, but I know fo sure, that if someone wants to use this feature, one of the first choices is always TS.

I personally have no idea why developers once again try to add those unsuccessfull feature into a game. Beside that, all my MMO experience long I gave the integrated comms a chance, and all were totally bull in different ways.

So the main question is, why should the devs here work on this feature for the F2P launch and literally throw money and time away?

Edited by Isnogut, 29 June 2015 - 03:10 AM.

• Gamezilla, Khandi, Malitias and 1 other like this

#11 Maevy

Maevy
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:55 AM

Hi Carbinerinos i have some questions too

1) Will housing decos receive a more detailed categorization. For example dominion, exile, strain, eldan, pirate, etc. Reason for this is in first place finding those items in you deco-box the other issue is browsing through the Auctioneer which doesnt simply accept for eg. "eldan" because system answers me with something like " you need to be more specific".

2) Since Wildstar was always a lot less "forgiving" in pve in comparison to other MMO's it made it super attractive to capable and caring Players. You stated that F2P will make Wildstar a lot more accessible for new people, so a question rises will there be still the nieche for those Players who care a lot and enjoyed your amazing difficult content.

3) Will class mechanic/rotations/priolists be reworked ? The thing is that for me I saw almost everything in WS PvE as an Esper from the easiest adventure to Avatus and what i can tell is that this class is absolutely not ready right now for the F2P release. Since you have politics and can't/don't want tell us details at least an "yes we are workin on thoses issues" or "no" would sufficient.

4) Regarding Multistrike stat and dots. For example if i hit with Telekinetic Storm does it doubles the the whole Storm or are being the dot procs looked separately OR (PLS SAY YES TO THIS) both storm and dots ticks.

• Thyory likes this

Jabbit PvE <Eugenic> 9/9 R.I.P. 2015

Jabbit PvE <Bloodpact> 9/9

#12 Kaeret

Kaeret
  • Members
  • LocationIn a garden...

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:05 AM

Q: For items/services that will be sold on the cash shop, will there be a gifting option (i.e. I buy a vanity pet from the shop, but it gets sent to my husband's account via an option selected during purchase)?

Q: Doesn't pertain to the business model, but with the teaser bit of info about the neighborhood system for housing, can you share a few extra tidbits? Like will the connected homes (and communal space) be visible from each individual plot that is in the neighborhood or is it just an expanded teleport system? If visible, will it still require a teleport to get to and fro or something more solid and visual, like bridges? Can one player connect the homes of their alts with their main, or must it be up to five individual accounts/players? If, say, only three persons decide to create a neighborhood, are the two unclaimed spots taken by the usual fake fill-in homes or you just see (presumably) the three house plots that are in the group?

Edited by Kaeret, 27 June 2015 - 04:11 AM.

• Eternal Dreamer and Thyory like this

#13 LordJJag

LordJJag
  • Members
  • LocationLand of Oz

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:20 PM

Why is this eben an issue? MMO's tried several years ago to add their own voie comm to competete agains TS2. I don't know where tose are now, but I know fo sure, that if someone wants to use this feature one of the first choices are always TS.

I personally have no idea why developers one again try to add those unsuccessfull ino a game. Beside that all my MMO expeience long I gave the integrated comms a chance, and all were totally bull in different ways.

So the main question is, why should the devs here work on this feature for the F2P launch and literally throw money and time away?

Its a question thread as far as I understand so I won't go into too much detail helping to explain my question as I don't want to invite a debate here. Voice comms is a technology hurdle that was hard to overcome in the past and has largely been the focus of external program such as TS. One only needs to see the competition in the market place of todays gaming options to see the "Ingame Comms" is a feature of many games as it helps to bring people closer together and enables a greater depth of game play, eg communication heavy content.

So the question is two fold in nature, A) Is WS's future in communication heavy content requiring 3rd party programs moving forward at full speed. B) B given the difficulty in creating content that requires alot of communication and thus is not at the disposal of the everyday pugger and/or casual resulting in less people using said instancing, therefore will there be a move away from communication heavy content in the f2p future?

A 3rd possibility arises, the partnership with a program such as TS, enabling in game comms on mass without compromising too much server hardware and $$ development. This option really does push the limits of current hardware knowledge so I might have it totally wrong the easy of undertaking this path.

Edited by LordJJag, 27 June 2015 - 03:26 PM.

• Isnogut likes this

I don't play with numbers, just toons.

#14 Grota

Grota
  • Members
  • LocationLootland

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

1: Adventures. Any ideas of how to make these viable for lvl 50 DS/GA raiders again?

After having 7 core members leave we're gotten over 10 new recruits, many fresh lvl 50's some returnees. Most need adventures. I have done so many malgraves i feel like stapping my balls with a dull pair of scissors. I mean we join the 4 adventures as fresh 50's, get silver, never return. The same thing does not happen in dungeons as theres glory(for buying that x-89 or SD kill gear) and runic modules.

2: Do you feel confident in making these big changes right before you open the doors to what should be your salvation?

3: Any guild expasions in sight?

One certain guild on jabbit is known for it's sheer size. The guild leader has stated the only real limit is 500 members. The max guild limit. Might we see an increase in this like with housing or do you believe it to be fine as is?

4: More ranks in guild!

5: Race/Class combos, we saw the chua warrior in the trailer... gief?

6: You told us that we would not be able to buy power... define power plz.

F2P, B2P, P2W... it comes in many forms, shapes and sizes. Especially games like hearthstone i don't like saying isn't P2W. In order to truely play it you need cards, unless you're a professional. 60 years down the line you might end up owning all cards, but you could also spend 300 euro's and skip the line.

Another thing i find difficult to measure is power leveling. Going 1-50 with $$$ would not technically be P2W, as this offers the player no real advantage over a F2P player. The community however clearly spoke against it, with some minor support.

7: Your original design said that no path, race, server and faction change would be implemented.

Yet servers are open(don't get me wrong we did need that), and while it was with our blessing you did so, would we might see path/faction/race changes in the future?

With the (presumed!) new class/race combo old players won't be able to acces those without deleting an old charactor that with the current system is irreplaceable with mounts, dye, acheivements and so on.

We all know how people say dominion and exiles are far apart in numbers, so might we see a faction change someday?

Nobody likes the explorer spells, can i be a scientist stalker instead please?

8: It's been mentioned before dominion and exiles might not be far apart in numbers, if this does happen can dominion get sexy luminai girls plz?

9: Is dominion and exiles on the jabbit server balanced after eugenic(fied) split up?

These questions are followed by the greatest applause for the handeling of this transition. A beta to ensure the F2P people won't experience a second launch, meercat, TT, sunshine, caydiem, gordish and so on actively being on the forums and answering our concerns even if they can only say "we have something planned i can't talk about" or simply "i can't talk about that". You devs have been growing and have in the end won us over, and seemingly many more with F2P announcement. Now go teach your PR department how to handle the F2P transition and we'll be set.

Edit: 10: MORE COSTUME SLOTS... UNLIMITED COSTUME SLOTS!

Edited by Grota, 27 June 2015 - 07:31 PM.

• Isnogut likes this

Stalker Tank / Theory crafter / Proud, self-proclaimed, Loot wh0re

<Vrede> Team White (1-2GA), <Bad Karma> (3-6GA), <Ex Inferno EU> (1-9/15DS),

<Immortalis Noctis> (10-15/15DS, Augmentors 1/1, Hardmentors 0/1)

#15 Marston

Marston
  • Members
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:18 AM

Q1: In another thread I asked if you would make more "epic" solo bosses in the future. The answer was bascially a yes. Do you plan to "improve" any of the old solo quest bosses with F2P on the radar to be more unique/stronger than normal mobs?

Q2: What exactly are your plans on tweaking the difficulty of the game? We know you want to reduce it for the normal dungeons, but what about telegraph/mob damage during leveling (which currently becomes much harder around level 20) and specificlly for all endgame content (normal mobs, primes, rares, veteran shiphands/adventures/dungeons and raids)? 

Q3: Depending on the influx of players that may or may not come, will we again get language specific servers (German/English/French)?

Q4: For the incoming F2P Beta, will older players be able to transfer their characters in order to test high level changes or is every tester required to start a new character and level that one?

Edited by Marston, 28 June 2015 - 02:18 AM.

#16 Isnogut

Isnogut
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:35 AM

Chua Warriooooor? Giev first or else!!!!! :P

Luminai I read, eh, why not, giev as well!!!! ...maybe I like.

Infine custom slots. Don't even ask, just giev, or else!!!!!!!1212121212334

Yu sell shinys. If good shinys, me buy. Yu put bad crapcakes in shop, me no buy, me meh!

Enough goofing around, now straight talk:

Carbine, you should compare the polls of "want to" from players on WildStar and the items, some of your successfull competitors offer. There is an open secret, most of us westerners don't get along well with P2W. Same thing goes with stuff, we can't allign with the game (Tera Shop stuff anyone). Another thing, that isn't working well is stuff for the price of actuall, real stuff (EVE Online clothing...WTH!!)

Where is the consese at the most parts?

• Slots, slots of any kind, like character slots, costume slots, backpack slots, color slots, auctionhouse slots, you name it, we want it. 
  • XP Bootst - Don't get me wrong, I hate those, but many people love them, especially people who just want to play the endgame are going to use them a lot.
  • Dyeing - Do the SWTOR thingy. Make the dye option a buyable token. Because, why not?
  • Housing -  Eh, almost anything that is connencted to this feature can be put in the shop.
  • Connecting neighbours - actually this might be a new feature. At the moment, we can add neighbours and add circles for ressources. But what if we could connect their turf right next to ours? I'd buy that feature. And it woud be also interesting for guilds.
  • Costumes! - (See SWTOR. They do this seasonal costume buyout. Kinda that idea I'd like to see here as well. Well actually, I want those sells to remain in the shop, and new or several beloved ones to be prominent for some time)
  • Mounts - those guys and prominent mounting stuff. Yeah, why not, because Stone cold saz so, and people buy this bull anyway. People do like it = good money for Carbine.

• Thyory likes this

#17 phandaal

phandaal
  • Guests
  • LocationFarside

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:14 AM

This may seem counterintuitive, but the more stuff you make account bound, the more of it you will sell. As in, if I see a shiny new mount on there for $15 I'm going to be much more likely to buy it if it's usable on all of my characters. If it's character bound I'll be less likely to buy it because "what if I want to play another character?"
  • Gamezilla and Ildur like this

Magic Moo - Medic Heals - Victorious Failures - Now recruiting DS raiders!

#18 PeterSketer

PeterSketer
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:06 PM

My main concern with the move to F2P is the ability for hackers and gold-sellers / farmers to get back in.

Therefore my question is.

Q: How are you going to deal with the hackers and gold-sellers?

I know you're restricting access to guild creation etc and you did a very good job of getting rid of them in the beginning but now their barriers to entry have all but disappeared. Also people no longer have to spend money on a subscription. Which means they will most likely spend it on in-game gold (platinum) instead. This can ultimately lead to the downfall of the economy (if it's not properly maintained). I have witnessed this happen in Maplestory, something that was worth very little initially quickly rose by > 1,000%, and I don't want to see it happen to Wildstar.

Still I am looking forward to being able to get all my friends playing Wildstar !!

#19 Isnogut

Isnogut
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:12 AM

My main concern with the move to F2P is the ability for hackers and gold-sellers / farmers to get back in.

Therefore my question is.

Q: How are you going to deal with the hackers and gold-sellers?

I know you're restricting access to guild creation etc and you did a very good job of getting rid of them in the beginning but now their barriers to entry have all but disappeared. Also people no longer have to spend money on a subscription. Which means they will most likely spend it on in-game gold (platinum) instead. This can ultimately lead to the downfall of the economy (if it's not properly maintained). I have witnessed this happen in Maplestory, something that was worth very little initially quickly rose by > 1,000%, and I don't want to see it happen to Wildstar.

Still I am looking forward to being able to get all my friends playing Wildstar !!

I would be quite suprised, if Carbine is not going to use the standard rules of restriction. Like ingame cashand item, as well as slots overflow, and restriciton in the chat and ingame posting.

Would be neat to learn detailed inforamtions about that.

#20 3Scoops

3Scoops
  • Members

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:50 AM

1: We know there are plans to make dyes account bound, can you tell us everything else that you may be planning to make account wide too? I know I will never ever grind reputations on multiple character, because it's not fun, and makes no sense once you have done it once. Also would love to see mounts/pets and ACHIEVEMENTS (!) account wide too.

2: Dailies, are you going to continue adding daily quests grind X mobs, etc, because daily quests like that are NOT fun and outdated as hell.

Hannah McKay - Jabbit - Dominion

Mandy Candy - Luminai - Dominion

Mandy - Hazak - Dominion