Photo

I came back after 6 months, the state of this game is sad

f2p

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#41 beattlebilly

beattlebilly
  • Members
  • LocationI'm female, despite what you assume from my UserID.

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:38 AM

I don't have these issues on Jabbit.

Not sure how it is on NA but quueing for random vets is fine here...

bg pops very often since the patch.

You are just extremely pessimistic, not even realistic. 

They DO pop, just not as often as you would like them to for a "popular game"

And I would hazard a guess and say that's not a "lack of population" issue, and more a "I don't like to use group finder" issue.  And people not speaking up when they need help.  I'm Entity, rolled a couple of alts recently, and any time I asked for help in zone, I got responses and help.  And I've responded to people asking for help.

• carpesangrea likes this

Bless your heart!

Entity Server

Doc Saunders, Dom Medic.  Momma Naitrix, Dom Stalker.  Elle Vyra, Dom Esper.  Sick Bubblegum, Mordesh Warrior.  Philly Derringer, Dom 'Slinger.  Whiskey Dahl, Exile Medic.  Shayde Facilier, Exile Esper.  Contagion Mary, Mordesh Stalker.  Alexis Nexus, Aurin 'Slinger.  Thunder Furry, Chua Warrior.

#42 VicVanMeter

VicVanMeter
  • Guests
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:01 AM

i might be negative here on the forums, i do that with things I love. (i said THINGS).

outside of this forum i am a total white knight fanboy. (hard to believe maybe, but it is true).

so yeah, we just wash our dirty cloth within the family ;)

Just saying, don't.  I've mentioned to people, in the past, that we all like 95% of this game, it's 5% we don't like.  The problem is that, if you only ever talk about the 5%, you'll end up wondering where your 95% went.  You have to tell Carbine what you like and what's good about the game.  It's not even just good forum PR (which goes a long way to alleviating your one potential concern), that's just waking up one day after complaining about healers to find out you got what you wanted and they hurt PVP all over in the process.

I'm just saying, the internet puts a lot of emphasis on the negative, then wonders why we never have anything nice.  It's because we have a habit of not telling people what's amazing and should never be touched.

In your case here, you're your own worst enemy.  The population is rebounding, the content drops are going great, dissatisfied WoW customers are trickling in, and you're ultimately shooting yourself in the foot by popularizing a negative misconception about the game that isn't even really applicable since about December.  We don't have to say things are rosy, but you are trying to become the prophet of your own doom here.

• PlasmaJohn, Khandi, Dharnell and 2 others like this

Let not the wind, example find, to do me more harm than it purposeth :
Since thou and I sigh one another's breath,
Whoe'er sighs most is cruellest, and hastes the other's death.  
-John Donne

#43 VicVanMeter

VicVanMeter
  • Guests
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

I don't have these issues on Jabbit.

Not sure how it is on NA but quueing for random vets is fine here...

bg pops very often since the patch.

You are just extremely pessimistic, not even realistic. 

They DO pop, just not as often as you would like them to for a "popular game"

It's trite but true, just because people aren't playing with you and you aren't playing with other people doesn't mean people aren't playing.

Being able to queue for multiple different kinds of events will probably alleviate the systematic pressure, though.  There is something to be said that, with all these different modes of content, you can only queue for one at a time.

-John Donne

#44 VicVanMeter

VicVanMeter
  • Guests
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

you know what we should do ? force every new players to auto join the BLAZING SADDLES. this way they will see how the game is rolling.

Or BDS...

Or Final Judgment...

Or OTG....

I can't definitively say I run the only fun guild on the server.

• Cirinde and Khandi like this

-John Donne

#45 Mae Is Mean

Mae Is Mean
  • Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:17 AM

Or OTG....

REPRESENT!!!  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:

• Cirinde, PlasmaJohn and Khandi like this

Old Timers Guild                       Mae Is Mean                       Entity Server | NA-PVE
Maelya Mae - Cassian Esper | Maelani Mae Cassian Medic | Maenie Mae - Chua Engineer | Maerie Mae - Chua Spellslinger | Maedelyn Mae - Mechari Warrior | Maerilyn Mae - Mechari Stalker

Maekenna Mae - Mordesh Warrior | Maevyn Mae - Mordesh Spellslinger | Maewyn Mae - Mordesh Stalker | Maehymn Mae - Aurin Esper | Maelanie Mae -  Human Medic | Maeniac Mae - Granok Engineer

#46 VicVanMeter

VicVanMeter
  • Guests
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:33 AM

REPRESENT!!!  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:

I didn't forget about you guys! :D  When a lot of guilds were waffling, you guys carried that banner on the Dominion.  I still send you people when I see them asking for a good guild on Domside Entity.

-John Donne

#47 Mae Is Mean

Mae Is Mean
  • Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:12 AM

I didn't forget about you guys! :D  When a lot of guilds were waffling, you guys carried that banner on the Dominion.  I still send you people when I see them asking for a good guild on Domside Entity.

Mmmmmmm waffles!

• Khandi likes this

Old Timers Guild                       Mae Is Mean                       Entity Server | NA-PVE
Maelya Mae - Cassian Esper | Maelani Mae Cassian Medic | Maenie Mae - Chua Engineer | Maerie Mae - Chua Spellslinger | Maedelyn Mae - Mechari Warrior | Maerilyn Mae - Mechari Stalker

Maekenna Mae - Mordesh Warrior | Maevyn Mae - Mordesh Spellslinger | Maewyn Mae - Mordesh Stalker | Maehymn Mae - Aurin Esper | Maelanie Mae -  Human Medic | Maeniac Mae - Granok Engineer

#48 Immensus

Immensus
  • Guests
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:38 PM

OP here. Aparently this thread has become center of discussion for some people. let me clarify something. i love this game. i stopped playing because shortly after launch there was nobody, seriously i tried many guilds,there was nobody to play with that could actually go trough atunement and thus we all gave up. NOW im coming back to see whats going on, the reason i find the state of the game sad, is because, lets be honest, the game has low pop, very low, no matter how biased you are NCsoft earnings proves that, you cant defend the argument of population, you cant. THE REASON this is sad is because the game HAS BECOME GOOD after drop 4, is just that is OBVIOUS that funds are not available to advertise the game any more. And no matter HOW MUCH BETTER the game gets, advertisement now days is the key to succesfull games, Destiny, a very average game, not bad but neither good, sold millions of copies, they spend more on Ads than in development. YOU SHOULD NOT expect people to get back to the game if you dont advertise it, there is no way this will ever happen. People with more knowledge on marketing will be able to explain that better to you, im not being negative, im just being realistic for a game that i like.

#49 Evade

Evade
  • Members

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:15 AM

OP here. Aparently this thread has become center of discussion for some people. let me clarify something. i love this game. i stopped playing because shortly after launch there was nobody, seriously i tried many guilds,there was nobody to play with that could actually go trough atunement and thus we all gave up. NOW im coming back to see whats going on, the reason i find the state of the game sad, is because, lets be honest, the game has low pop, very low, no matter how biased you are NCsoft earnings proves that, you cant defend the argument of population, you cant. THE REASON this is sad is because the game HAS BECOME GOOD after drop 4, is just that is OBVIOUS that funds are not available to advertise the game any more. And no matter HOW MUCH BETTER the game gets, advertisement now days is the key to succesfull games, Destiny, a very average game, not bad but neither good, sold millions of copies, they spend more on Ads than in development. YOU SHOULD NOT expect people to get back to the game if you dont advertise it, there is no way this will ever happen. People with more knowledge on marketing will be able to explain that better to you, im not being negative, im just being realistic for a game that i like.

The best advertising is word of mouth. Not some stupid banner on Curse.com.

You like the game and want it to succeed? Then log on, transfer to Entity or Jabbit, start playing it and whenever you find yourself on gaming website forums like MassivelyOP.net, make sure to tell people how much you enjoy Wildstar

#50 Immensus

Immensus
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:26 AM

The best advertising is word of mouth. Not some stupid banner on Curse.com.

You like the game and want it to succeed? Then log on, transfer to Entity or Jabbit, start playing it and whenever you find yourself on gaming website forums like MassivelyOP.net, make sure to tell people how much you enjoy Wildstar

Sorry but you dont use any logic in your comment, word of mouth rarely ever made a game popular, that was in occasions that the game was something very revoluntary that people got hooked only by hearing about it, like minecraft for example. I like the game but you people have to stop thinking as die hard fans and hope that the game will do well just by showing how YOU like playing it, we live in an age that if you want something to get popular you have to advertise. sorry buddy, not mean to be rude but you have to think smarter than that

#51 Evade

Evade
  • Members

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:39 AM

Sorry but you dont use any logic in your comment, word of mouth rarely ever made a game popular, that was in occasions that the game was something very revoluntary that people got hooked only by hearing about it, like minecraft for example. I like the game but you people have to stop thinking as die hard fans and hope that the game will do well just by showing how YOU like playing it, we live in an age that if you want something to get popular you have to advertise. sorry buddy, not mean to be rude but you have to think smarter than that

How do I know Guildwars 2 and EVE are doing so well? It's not because of ads... its cause their player base is always talking about it.

#52 Immensus

Immensus
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:13 AM

How do I know Guildwars 2 and EVE are doing so well? It's not because of ads... its cause their player base is always talking about it.

Gw2 and eve (i currently play both) have a lot of advertisment and they are extremely inovative games (see minecraft case i refered above), also about a month ago EvE had a super viral video on youtube uploaded that got nearly 2m views and it was uploaded even on sites like 9gag.tv gw2 from the other hand has stable player base but isnt something huge whatsoever and not nearly as big as it was at launch, now that they will start advertising their upcoming expansion youll see my point, youll see gw2 getting even bigger way before the expansion just because of the management throwing money into the marketing

#53 Galactic007

Galactic007
  • Guests
  • LocationPurgatory

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:15 AM

I'm not playing Wldstar because of some advertising campaign. I'm playing it because a friend from a guild in another MMO linked me the devspeaks and talked about it all the time.

I took a look, signed up for Beta and the rest, as they say, is history

you are partially right, however, you underestimate the power of good word of mouth.

• Kavi likes this

#54 MoePork

MoePork
  • Members

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:16 AM

you are partially right, however, you underestimate the power of good word of mouth.

People who say this also severely underestimate the power of good advertising.

HoN was out before League or Dota 2, had good word of mouth; solid game.  No advertising whatsoever.  Look what good that did them.

#55 mirta000

mirta000
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:21 AM

I don't think that advertising would even help. Everywhere I go, I see Wildstar adds. Problem is, almost everyone who would have been interested has bought the game on release. People gave it a chance in those first 2-3 months. Then they found things to their disliking and left. Very few will consider giving a second chance to a sub game which is rumoured to be going downhill. Yes, it has a 10 day free trial, but most people don't even want to redownload it. 

then there's problems with the trial. For example nowhere do they say that there will be one every drop. So it's just 10 days per account. Meaning that what if you activate it too early, still didn't find the game to your liking and won't be able to try the next drop?

http://the-unknowns.eu/ we have a side thing going on on Luminai. We have some serious guilds for Blade and Soul and Final Fantasy Realm Reborn, but you're welcome to join us on Wildstar just for funzies too :)

#56 Kavi

Kavi
  • Members
  • LocationNorfolk, Virginia

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:52 AM

I don't go by general advertising, either. Myself and the friends I've managed to bring in to this game all got here because first, a friend insisted I should play, that it was hysterical and fun and I should look at the trailers (which I did and LOVED). Enter player One. I told my other friends about it and they did what I did. Enter players 2-4.

• beattlebilly likes this

Lucy Fur ~ Esper ~ Aurin ~ Scientist

<The Crimson Cross>

Twitter: @Stormyzors

#57 Sylqt

Sylqt
  • Members
  • LocationSoggy Cardboard Box

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

SO let me get this straight, you like the game but won't play it because it's not popular enough in the public eye? Do you feel shameful to play something you like?

If you go on the two most populated servers it's bustling :/ If you're unlucky enough to log to warhound/luminai then... yeah :(  I think we can all agree the state of that...

It might not have the highest player base for an mmo by any rates, but that doesn't mean it's unplayable or unenjoyable.

I'm sure carbine will begin an advertisement push when THEY are happy with the state of their game. As it is now, it has a big enough fan base and players (by big I mean, big enough for carbine :P) for them to keep developing content and leave it to word of mouth to bring more dedicated players in.

If they did a huge advertising push before everything was peachy, it would end badly for the game. If they start advertisement campaign for drop 5 and it hits as perfectly as 4 I can see a lot of people being interested in playing...

• PlasmaJohn, beattlebilly, Khandi and 2 others like this

[  Syl Qt  | Syl Cutie | Scientist ]

EU

#58 cyberwaste

cyberwaste
  • Members
  • Locationin the tree waiting

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

its the same game from release, not much has changed other then server consolidations which is expected after the rush of new players.

Most online games have only a small handful of servers. Wildstar only increased theirs to cater to the large amounts of subs during launch. Foolish to think it would remain lol.

#59 MadBlue

MadBlue
  • Members
  • LocationHiroshima, Japan

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:56 AM

its the same game from release, not much has changed other then server consolidations which is expected after the rush of new players.

Most online games have only a small handful of servers. Wildstar only increased theirs to cater to the large amounts of subs during launch. Foolish to think it would remain lol.

WildStar actually pre-launched (in NA) with 11 servers, and added 3 additional PVP servers during head start. It's not like they started with 3 and added 11. Cougar had said they wanted to be conservative about the number, as well, because they didn't want to launch with too many servers, only to have some become ghost towns. So, the devs were anticipating some kind of drop off, but I would have to imagine that they didn't expect to have to consolidate servers so soon after launch.

#60 Xychosis

Xychosis
  • Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

People who say this also severely underestimate the power of good advertising.

HoN was out before League or Dota 2, had good word of mouth; solid game.  No advertising whatsoever.  Look what good that did them.

You're forgetting that HoN had a price tag to begin with while the other two did not.

I tried it during the beta and was not at all impressed with the players in the game. Paying to receive abuse in every game, warranted or not, is not my idea of fun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: f2p