f2p

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#21 Sylqt

Sylqt
  • Members
  • LocationSoggy Cardboard Box

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

Actually, that videos points out why we had to move off the server, we weren't bothered about it being empty, but that auction house and CX.... /shudder

Moving to Jabbit was like night and day difference. Something needs to be done, and I still agree with that sentiment. I WANT to go back to luminai.

I run around with my pvp flag on and noone has attacked me yet :( (But some exile asswipe stole my quest items, repeatedly and laughed at me... AND I COULDNT BEAT THEM UP /cry)

But Jabbit is VERY populated, it's so plain to see that everyone steamrolled their way into that server and are all squished in together on there.

• PlasmaJohn and Khandi like this

[  Syl Qt  | Syl Cutie | Scientist ]

EU

#22 VicVanMeter

VicVanMeter
  • Guests
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:19 AM

Actually, that videos points out why we had to move off the server, we weren't bothered about it being empty, but that auction house and CX.... /shudder

Moving to Jabbit was like night and day difference. Something needs to be done, and I still agree with that sentiment. I WANT to go back to luminai.

I run around with my pvp flag on and noone has attacked me yet :( (But some exile asswipe stole my quest items, repeatedly and laughed at me... AND I COULDNT BEAT THEM UP /cry)

But Jabbit is VERY populated, it's so plain to see that everyone steamrolled their way into that server and are all squished in together on there.

Hey, maybe that PVP/PVE quest split in the next drop will give people a reason to go back.

I assume they're in the process of trying to converge the servers' auction houses.  That must be a nightmare.

Let not the wind, example find, to do me more harm than it purposeth :
Since thou and I sigh one another's breath,
Whoe'er sighs most is cruellest, and hastes the other's death.  
-John Donne

#23 mirta000

mirta000
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:29 AM

So use the free transfer. A lot of PvP guilds did this while Carbine works on Drop 5.

The PTR is open, but it looks to me as if the totality of the Drop is not up and running yet. Drop 5 gives love to the Pvpers from what I understand. 

Drop 4 was brilliant and I'm hopeful that Drop 5 will be just as good.

my point is, you use the free trial as a returning or a new player and now 50/50 chance that you are here. You see absolutely nobody. Now your further course of action is:
"go to the forums to be told that you're on the wrong server, then come back and transfer yourself"
"conclude that the game for all intents and purposes is dead"
my guild has transferred over to Jabbit a long time ago, while I simply moved on as that server handling left a bad taste in my mouth. It still irks me though that very obviously people hit these servers and then are called liars when they say that the game is dead, while quite simply there's no indication anywhere that their course of action was supposed to be to choose the other server. And for the purposes of raising the population, these servers being left open like that with no warnings or anything is just driving people away.

http://the-unknowns.eu/ we have a side thing going on on Luminai. We have some serious guilds for Blade and Soul and Final Fantasy Realm Reborn, but you're welcome to join us on Wildstar just for funzies too :)

#24 VicVanMeter

VicVanMeter
  • Guests
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:30 AM

my point is, you use the free trial as a returning or a new player and now 50/50 chance that you are here. You see absolutely nobody. Now your further course of action is:
"go to the forums to be told that you're on the wrong server, then come back and transfer yourself"
"conclude that the game for all intents and purposes is dead"
my guild has transferred over to Jabbit a long time ago, while I simply moved on as that server handling left a bad taste in my mouth. It still irks me though that very obviously people hit these servers and then are called liars when they say that the game is dead, while quite simply there's no indication anywhere that their course of action was supposed to be to choose the other server. And for the purposes of raising the population, these servers being left open like that with no warnings or anything is just driving people away.

No, that's usually the very first question out of people's mouths.  "Are you on Warhound/Luminae?"

If you're advocating closing the PVP servers, I'd probably hold off on that.  If the new LV stuff is any indication, they may be working to revitalize, rather than erase, the PVP servers.

-John Donne

#25 mirta000

mirta000
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:35 AM

No, that's usually the very first question out of people's mouths.  "Are you on Warhound/Luminae?"

If you're advocating closing the PVP servers, I'd probably hold off on that.  If the new LV stuff is any indication, they may be working to revitalize, rather than erase, the PVP servers.

if these people end up on the forums even. And then if these people stick around after making the topic. Starting the free trials with absolutely no visible indication (no high/ low pop meters even) that you shouldn't be trying the game on one out of two servers will be doing a disservice to this game.

And all I'm saying is that this situation is not okay. And it should be viewed as not okay. This is not the experience that your returnees and new players should see. It's bad enough that it is as it is and even worse that the way it is will be driving people away.

• PlasmaJohn likes this

http://the-unknowns.eu/ we have a side thing going on on Luminai. We have some serious guilds for Blade and Soul and Final Fantasy Realm Reborn, but you're welcome to join us on Wildstar just for funzies too :)

#26 PlasmaJohn

PlasmaJohn
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:36 AM

From the "Save Warhound" thread:

Ordo plans on transferring back as soon as there's a reason to (or lack of negative reasons like no AH or players) as do a good few others I imagine. With free server transfers and an alt to hold the old guild open, whenever that time comes we'll return to warhound with full buffs again. It'll be awhile though as they don't have the resources for improving the server so instead are focusing on bg, arenas, and warplots.

Dead markets make the PvP servers too painful to play on and virtually impossible for anybody that uses CREDD.  That must be addressed.

• Khandi and Sylqt like this

"Talent is a pursued interest. Anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." -- Bob Ross

#27 VicVanMeter

VicVanMeter
  • Guests
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:41 AM

if these people end up on the forums even. And then if these people stick around after making the topic. Starting the free trials with absolutely no visible indication (no high/ low pop meters even) that you shouldn't be trying the game on one out of two servers will be doing a disservice to this game.

And all I'm saying is that this situation is not okay. And it should be viewed as not okay. This is not the experience that your returnees and new players should see. It's bad enough that it is as it is and even worse that the way it is will be driving people away.

No one's saying the PVP servers are okay.  Everyone's saying that the game's not dead.  Which is also true, the game is not dead.  I'm not sure how in-favor I am of kicking the remaining Warhounders and Luminae fanatics off their servers and enforcing their refugee status.  It also wouldn't help if Carbine does drop something into the game to help, like merging the CX/AH/CREDD servers.

I see your point, I'm just saying that I'm not sure the cure you're prescribing isn't going to amputate the patient.

-John Donne

#28 Avatar111

• Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:40 AM

i'd rather they just keep the pve server... if people start to split between servers again, it'll be even more dead.

they can reopen the pvp server when they go f2p/b2p since as a sub game they will never have the numbers to have both server packed with people.

#29 Avatar111

• Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

No one's saying the PVP servers are okay.  Everyone's saying that the game's not dead.  Which is also true, the game is not dead.  I'm not sure how in-favor I am of kicking the remaining Warhounders and Luminae fanatics off their servers and enforcing their refugee status.  It also wouldn't help if Carbine does drop something into the game to help, like merging the CX/AH/CREDD servers.

I see your point, I'm just saying that I'm not sure the cure you're prescribing isn't going to amputate the patient.

dead is a bit too strong. nearly dead is more what it is.

and you know what that means? there is still HOPE !!

#30 mirta000

mirta000
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:49 AM

The game is not dead. Just not really healthy (1/2 servers a region dead is not really healthy) and at the same time it will leave the impression of being dead on anyone that will end up on those servers. Luminai has been like this for at least 4-5 months now. Normally majority of people simply wouldn't get to see it, however now with free transfers open a lot of people that would be interested in the game will see it. If you're not going to remove it, at least tag it. With making pretty much no profit in the last quarter and Ncsoft at best giving new games 1 to 2 years to fix themselves, Wildstar has barely any time to get people playing or face the fate of Tabula Rasa. Allowing people to see the part of the game that would make them think that it's dead is not a good way to attract population. So yes, while people might restore the server, right now it's a huge problem. 

It also doesn't help that those that do come to the forums will be faced by negativity. Like the comment that I originally quoted. "People are payed to say that the game is dead". That is not how you encourage people to stay.

#31 Avatar111

• Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:53 AM

The game is not dead. Just not really healthy (1/2 servers a region dead is not really healthy) and at the same time it will leave the impression of being dead on anyone that will end up on those servers. Luminai has been like this for at least 4-5 months now. Normally majority of people simply wouldn't get to see it, however now with free transfers open a lot of people that would be interested in the game will see it. If you're not going to remove it, at least tag it. With making pretty much no profit in the last quarter and Ncsoft at best giving new games 1 to 2 years to fix themselves, Wildstar has barely any time to get people playing or face the fate of Tabula Rasa. Allowing people to see the part of the game that would make them think that it's dead is not a good way to attract population. So yes, while people might restore the server, right now it's a huge problem. 

It also doesn't help that those that do come to the forums will be faced by negativity. Like the comment that I originally quoted. "People are payed to say that the game is dead". That is not how you encourage people to stay.

forum's negativity won't change a thing for new players.

no dungeon/pvp/adventure pops and nobody to tackle multi player quests in most zones will do the trick.

#32 mirta000

mirta000
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

no dungeon/pvp/adventure pops and nobody to tackle multi player quests in most zones will do the trick.

both will do the trick. But if you are in that low percentage that did come to the forums and stuck out to even respond a few times hearing that you're payed to say something won't help.

#33 Avatar111

• Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

both will do the trick. But if you are in that low percentage that did come to the forums and stuck out to even respond a few times hearing that you're payed to say something won't help.

you know what we should do ? force every new players to auto join the BLAZING SADDLES. this way they will see how the game is rolling.

#34 Sylqt

Sylqt
  • Members
  • LocationSoggy Cardboard Box

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

I don't have these issues on Jabbit.

Not sure how it is on NA but quueing for random vets is fine here...

bg pops very often since the patch.

You are just extremely pessimistic, not even realistic. 

They DO pop, just not as often as you would like them to for a "popular game"

• beattlebilly likes this

[  Syl Qt  | Syl Cutie | Scientist ]

EU

#35 Cirinde

Cirinde
  • Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:20 AM

you know what we should do ? force every new players to auto join the BLAZING SADDLES. this way they will see how the game is rolling.

What's your problem Avatar? All I see is negativity from you. Try to find something you like about the game and make a POSITIVE post on it, then see how you feel.

Blazing Saddles is a positive guild. Is that the issue?

• Shoogli, PlasmaJohn, Dharnell and 2 others like this

SpousalUnit Fitch - Entity - Exile (@CirindeFitch on Twitter)

<Black Dagger Society> is a new/returning player (both factions) friendly, PvX, RP friendly, casual guild.Wildstar Hub Recruitment Post

Sometimes, you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.

#36 Avatar111

• Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:25 AM

I don't have these issues on Jabbit.

Not sure how it is on NA but quueing for random vets is fine here...

bg pops very often since the patch.

You are just extremely pessimistic, not even realistic. 

They DO pop, just not as often as you would like them to for a "popular game"

talking about pre-50.... new players... yadi yada...

#37 Avatar111

• Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:27 AM

What's your problem Avatar? All I see is negativity from you. Try to find something you like about the game and make a POSITIVE post on it, then see how you feel.

Blazing Saddles is a positive guild. Is that the issue?

no issue! new players SHOULD join the blazing saddles so they have a good experience with the game.

i see that as being positive.

#38 Shoogli

Shoogli
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:29 AM

Merging the AH/CX and CREDD exchanges for both servers in each region would help I think.

• PlasmaJohn, beattlebilly and Sylqt like this

-Shoogli  ^_^

(is on DeviantArt now... Just sayin' !)

(Spoof art, featuring Carbine staff  :lol: )

#39 Cirinde

Cirinde
  • Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:26 AM

no issue! new players SHOULD join the blazing saddles so they have a good experience with the game.

i see that as being positive.

Your other post seemed a bit hostile to me. Maybe the wording of it? So, I apologize for shooting at you  :P 

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

SpousalUnit Fitch - Entity - Exile (@CirindeFitch on Twitter)

<Black Dagger Society> is a new/returning player (both factions) friendly, PvX, RP friendly, casual guild.Wildstar Hub Recruitment Post

Sometimes, you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.

#40 Avatar111

• Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:29 AM

Your other post seemed a bit hostile to me. Maybe the wording of it? So, I apologize for shooting at you  :P

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

i might be negative here on the forums, i do that with things I love. (i said THINGS).

outside of this forum i am a total white knight fanboy. (hard to believe maybe, but it is true).

so yeah, we just wash our dirty cloth within the family ;)

• Cirinde likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: f2p