I came back after 6 months, the state of this game is sad

f2p

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#261 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:03 AM

They have 55 pets in PTR, it wouldn't be too hard to throw some of them in a shop right, and then all the costume and xp pots they could be able to sell, throw in some special mounts and maybe in the future a special house.

There is so much cosmetic content they can make.

And then this stuff is inaccessible to me unless I want to fork out cash?

[Entity] [Exile] <The Crescent Order> | 4/7 RMT | TCO Raiding Info

Wildstar-Hub Owner | Public/Group Calendars for Event Management

Chet Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Rythar Silverfury: Warrior | Liz Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Chet Awesomeshot: Spellslinger

#262 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:05 AM

so, get ready for the milking :)

Why so happy proclaiming the death of a game to those of us for whom this is a dealbreaker?

Chet Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Rythar Silverfury: Warrior | Liz Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Chet Awesomeshot: Spellslinger

#263 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:17 AM

Eve is a completely different type of mmo aimed at a different demographic so they can pretty much do with they like with it and people will stick with it. WildStar on the other hand is another theme-park mmo aimed at the WoW demographic but with less content & systems, but better combat and housing. They can't just expect people to stick around and stay subbed as they build up the game while other theme-park mmos are releasing massive content patches/expansions and whatnot. Especially not when they're asking players for the same price each month as the other big mmo but only giving them a third of the game. Square Enix are smart though, they know that their game isn't as big as WoW so they don't charge players as much to play, additionally the amount of content they release every three months is staggering so the sub is truly worth the money.

You know, I play this game most evenings and there are still areas in this game I've hardly touched. My raid group is 2/6 in GA, so we have a TON to look forward to in our future. I've actually been happy with it the whole time, but it keeps getting better and better, and they keep adding stuff for me to do.

Maybe the issue is that I haven't played WoW since WotLK, but the content available to me now in this game feels like what was available to me then, and really I just don't have time for more. I barely even touched the Defile zone and haven't done squat with housing.

And I don't think I'm alone in feeling satisfied by this game. I've been watching my wife level and alt, and she met some folks while questing who invited her to their guild. Appears to be a bunch of levelers playing the game casually, and they are running a bunch of shiphands and stuff together. They are playing a totally different segment of the game than where I focus, and they seem to be having a blast. So there isn't just a lot of content for what *I* like to do, but for many others as well.

• Mae Is Mean likes this

#264 Nyoro~

Nyoro~
  • Members
  • Locationmagicland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:24 AM

You know, I play this game most evenings and there are still areas in this game I've hardly touched. My raid group is 2/6 in GA, so we have a TON to look forward to in our future. I've actually been happy with it the whole time, but it keeps getting better and better, and they keep adding stuff for me to do.

Maybe the issue is that I haven't played WoW since WotLK, but the content available to me now in this game feels like what was available to me then, and really I just don't have time for more. I barely even touched the Defile zone and haven't done squat with housing.

And I don't think I'm alone in feeling satisfied by this game. I've been watching my wife level and alt, and she met some folks while questing who invited her to their guild. Appears to be a bunch of levelers playing the game casually, and they are running a bunch of shiphands and stuff together. They are playing a totally different segment of the game than where I focus, and they seem to be having a blast. So there isn't just a lot of content for what *I* like to do, but for many others as well.

See it's quite opposite for me. I've played most of the other modern mmos, so when I play WildStar it's more like "oh, this game doesn't have this feature" or "I wish I could do that like I can in 'x' other mmos". In some cases it's missing really basic features like being able to group for multiple things simultaneously which is pretty much a standard feature in all of the other AAA mmos. Just this missing feature alone is doing a ludicrous amount of damage to the levelling and endgame instanced content wait times. With that in mind, I don't really feel that this game warrants its high sub fee. (I'm only subbed right now to support CS, since I barely play the game atm.)

I know there are some people that are happy with the game, have been happy with it since day one and probably will until the day it dies, but then there are other players like myself that just try all of the current mmos and stick with the one they like the most. I want to like this one the most because I love the lore, love the combat, love almost everything about it except for the mandatory sub, the slow content pace and the lack of players. If they could fix two-out-of-three of those I would be happy.

#265 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:20 AM

I would like the ability to queue for multiple things very much. However, since the last MMO I played before this was SWTOR at launch, I'm just happy to have a group finder at all :)

I'd have never guess that that feature would be so important it would drive people away or be the difference between a meager or booming population.

#266 guymn999

guymn999
  • Members
  • LocationGolden, Colorado

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:37 AM

how is every 3 months slow? its pretty standard, or even fast pace if you ask me.

#267 Demonmanu

Demonmanu
  • Members

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

and yes they are 3 months patchs, we got the first one of this new  dinasty of patchs in april, so we expect the new drop 5 will be on May, and thats very realistic now that we have the new drop on the ptr and already making the feedback

RELEASE THE SNARKYNESS

FREE THE HOLOCRYPT GUY CARBINE HES A POLITICAL HOSTAGE OF YOUR NEW POLICY OF SOFTENING NEXUS

#268 MadBlue

MadBlue
  • Members
  • LocationHiroshima, Japan

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:14 AM

how is every 3 months slow? its pretty standard, or even fast pace if you ask me.

According to Gaffney, Donatelli and Frost, new content every month is how Carbine justified charging a monthly fee. That's really more of the issue people have with the game than whether new content every 3 months is standard or not. Granted, things developers say pre-launch should be taken with a grain of salt, but when they say things like "the era of waiting 3-6 months and then doing a big update is kind of over" and “If you are going to sell an MMO for the box price with a $15 subscription you’ve got to give them the value. Month after month we will release more content for every play style,” and then slow down the new content to every 3 months, while keeping the business model the same, people are going to have something to say about it.

#269 Avatar111

• Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:18 AM

According to Gaffney, Donatelli and Frost, new content every month is how Carbine justified charging a monthly fee. That's really more of the issue people have with the game than whether new content every 3 months is standard or not. Granted, things developers say pre-launch should be taken with a grain of salt, but when they say things like "the era of waiting 3-6 months and then doing a big update is kind of over" and “If you are going to sell an MMO for the box price with a $15 subscription you’ve got to give them the value. Month after month we will release more content for every play style,” and then slow down the new content to every 3 months, while keeping the business model the same, people are going to have something to say about it.

dont worry, it fell flat. it will go f2p.

that aside, why not milk the real fan for 1 year of sub money in the process of "tweaking" your game ? eso and swtor did the same.

its all part of the master plan.

• Leylin likes this

#270 Gumperdink

Gumperdink
  • Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:46 AM

Well, I would be rooting for them to keep subs, but they also have to bear on mind people possibly resenting performance issues after paying a sub. Bugs seem more tolerable to the community, but game performance is key. I think the CREDD system is absolutely brilliant. Let's just hope they can somehow optimize the game so as to run decently on cheaper rigs. We need the whole mmo crowd, now that devs have conceded that a niche crowd or painting yourself into a corner is not a profitable business model. I however will absolutely be willing to continue paying. I think the game is worth it, when it's playable, which it is right now (i5@4.2Ghz, gtx 970, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD).

#271 MadBlue

MadBlue
  • Members
  • LocationHiroshima, Japan

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:20 PM

dont worry, it fell flat. it will go f2p.

that aside, why not milk the real fan for 1 year of sub money in the process of "tweaking" your game ? eso and swtor did the same.

its all part of the master plan.

If there was a "master plan", they wouldn't have offered name reservations for pre-orders, only to require everyone to change their names a few months after launch.

• Galactic007 likes this

#272 Balf

Balf
  • Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

How does WildStar win the War For Interest? They are doing Trials and I'm still seeing Population posts. My reccomendation around Drop to or 2 was to just go Free To Play(For Drop 3 because it was what it was. 1st impression was shot, WOD was looking strong, 1+ 1 = 2 ect...). I believe WoW and Rift both had Expacs coming. I would love to hear from the Anti-F2P crowd how WildStar wins that War for interest. People simply aren't that interested.

Do you know what game people threaten Blizzard with on the WoW forums? Rift!(lol and Vice Versa) On the Tera and Gw2 forums they threaten to swap one for the other. No one mentions WildStar. Back when I was a heavy fequenter of these Forums Others said: "Drops wouldf fix it".  "Patches would fix it".  "Loot changes would fix it". Yet the game keeps getting smaller and it's presence is fading. It's time to unleash the Ultimate Attack. Drop the Free To Play bomb. Because right now it's losing the War and more and more MMORPGs keep popping up.

Just my opinion.

-Balf

*Edit thanks Mods

#273 Anvh

Anvh
  • Guests
  • LocationElfarran Leaftear

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:37 AM

And then this stuff is inaccessible to me unless I want to fork out cash?

Well if you don't pay now then the whole game is inaccessible ;)

In short the problem with subscription is that you get attach to it so to say, you must have it now and all the time you play it and in the future when you want to play the game. And that is game time ticking away...

With cash shop, it's more a spur of the moment kind of investment with no strings attach so it's a safer investment in a way.

But yeah it's hard to get a good balance of things that you need in game and things that you don't need but want that doesn't effect the game play, so far NCsoft has done it quite well.

The Unknowns

Casual Gaming Community

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: f2p