f2p

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#1 Immensus

Immensus
  • Guests
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

I played Closed AND open beta, i had i lvl 50 stalker and lvl 40 esper in beta, and a lvl 50 stalker and lvl38 after release, so ive spend a lot of time playing it. I LOVED the dungeons and the pvp in this game. I honestly dont understand why people stopped playing it since it was so fun, im doing an attempt to start playing it again but exactly like 6 months ago i find it so deppresing that the servers are empty that i just cant find the motivation to play it. I wish there could be something like a good marketing campaing etc. to bring people back.

• bbates024 likes this

#2 Evade

Evade
  • Members

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

Are you on Warhound by chance? If you are, take the free transfer to entity.

Somewhat ironic you don't understand why people stopped playing wildstar while you yourself stopped playing wildstar.

Regardless welcome back, it's great to have another face
  • Pib, Seztren, Elo'naa and 1 other like this

#3 DoctorCorvex

DoctorCorvex
  • Members

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:36 PM

Welcome back! :D

As Evade has already mentioned, if you are trying to play on Warhound, be forewarned, it has a much, much lower population than Entity. (I play on both)

If low populations bother you, (as it sounds like they do) I recommend taking the free transfer. Entity is doing quite well for population. :)

#4 Immensus

Immensus
  • Guests
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:00 PM

Are you on Warhound by chance? If you are, take the free transfer to entity.

Somewhat ironic you don't understand why people stopped playing wildstar while you yourself stopped playing wildstar.

Regardless welcome back, it's great to have another face

I said i left because i didnt like the fact that the game wasnt as populated as at realease.  :)

exactly like 6 months ago i find it so deppresing that the servers are empty that i just cant find the motivation to play it

#5 Quuarm

Quuarm
  • Members

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:06 PM

The game has had some great fixes with drop 4, and drop 5, the PvP drop, seems to be coming in the next week or so I think.  Even though I don't think there are as many people in the leveling zones as there were at launch I can't imagine ANY game has that sort of retention.  People have leveled thier main and only feel the need to level one other toon at the most probably.

I've seen plenty of people to group up with in the lower (20-30) level areas.  They are there, but most just zip by the areas and solo and move to the next one.

I do hope they fix the que system.  Getting a group for a shiphand is easy in the lower levels but adventures and dungeons takes alot of time If you just 'Que and Quest' like I do.

#6 Corsorvin

Corsorvin
  • Members

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:09 AM

Im on the american pve server, and in algoroc (I think thats how its spelled) their are usually 5 or 4 people questing around, sometimes in one area. When I went to thayd yesterday it had tons of people. Not sure what you consider a lot of people in a questing area, but 5 or 4 is a good amount in my opinion.

Chua, nough said.

#7 Kezra

Kezra
  • Members

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:27 AM

Definitely take that free transfer to entity before you make your final decision. Also join the EntityLFM channel. It's easy finding groups for content, and I see people around ilium (I'm dominion) all the time! And apparently exiles are even more crowded (hard to imagine, I feel like I see so many people in ilium).

It's a fun game and you can still find people to pvp with on the PvE server. Right now all I do at 50 is pvp and I have no issues getting premades for BGs or just queueing solo.

#8 Naix

Naix
  • Members

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

Warhound may be empty, entity is bustling though. Thinking they need to just remove warhound for awhile and direct people instantly to entity as the true megaserver till they can get enough players that they think a push for transfers to warhound may work.

It's keeping this negative "is the game dead?" discussion going far longer than it should be.

#9 VicVanMeter

VicVanMeter
  • Guests
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:35 AM

Warhound may be empty, entity is bustling though. Thinking they need to just remove warhound for awhile and direct people instantly to entity as the true megaserver till they can get enough players that they think a push for transfers to warhound may work.

It's keeping this negative "is the game dead?" discussion going far longer than it should be.

To be fair, I'm not sure that it is.  Some people will say it no matter what.  They actually said it in WoW when it was down to a paltry 6 million players.  ZOGM DED GAME!

• Naunet, Shendorion and Mrs_Raven like this

Let not the wind, example find, to do me more harm than it purposeth :
Since thou and I sigh one another's breath,
Whoe'er sighs most is cruellest, and hastes the other's death.  
-John Donne

#10 Feyline

Feyline
  • Members
  • LocationLost as usual

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:56 AM

I swear someone is paying people to make ludicrous statements like this post.I am having such a blast in WS every day. 

• Naunet, Seztren, Shoogli and 5 others like this

Ankriston Villa

Tuesdays, Fridays,  9-12 EST

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MJ9sI8K5g9Q

#11 Hellgaunt

Hellgaunt
  • Members
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

I said i left because i didnt like the fact that the game wasnt as populated as at realease.  :)

The PvE servers are more densely populated than serveres were at release, so while the total numbers are not the same it shouldn't matter to you at all since it would have had no effect on you except on a very arbitrary metalevel - and if that matters to you then well, just LOL.

W: Symbiosis [DS 9/9]

W: Dark Reavers [DkR] [other games]

#12 Leylin

Leylin
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:14 PM

The PvE servers are more densely populated than serveres were at release

There was once a time when you had to wait an hour in queue in order to get into game :( 

• bbates024 and cobblars like this

Leylin San / Esper DPS / Widow - Pergo - Warhound - Entity

Die-Trying - Outcry - The Scions - Semi-Operational - Nostalgia -> Phobos

Opinion of a Veteran

#13 Olivar

Olivar
  • Members
  • LocationSpace Lagomorph

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:13 PM

There was once a time when you had to wait an hour in queue in order to get into game :(

And thank god it dissapeared.

• Wolfhammer likes this

#14 Vince Blood

Vince Blood
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:54 PM

That may be more indicative of improper server traffic handling (see: "well I guess the server can't handle that many accounts at once") than excess population; every MMO hits that snag on launch day.

Game QA by day, game player by night!

#15 Genobee

Genobee
  • Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:09 AM

I was seeing 40 second queue times as DPS earlier today. Not sure what your measurement of "dead" is, but that seems pretty active to me.

Always looking for people to group with on the dark Dominion side

Have question about the game? Feel free to contact me! I'm a player that's always willing to help out others.

#16 Aurin Spellslinger

Aurin Spellslinger
  • Members
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:33 AM

As a returning player on the 10 day pass, I decided to start a new character since I'd really lost touch with my old ones and most of the people I played with back then left as well.

Going through the starter zones, multiple times since I couldn't make up my damn mind, I was surprised to constantly see 3-5 people around me. Even on the Arkship. Granted, this was on Entity during prime time. Thayd was bustling and well populated. Definitely an improvement over pre-server merge.

IF Carbine can keep the good Drops coming, I think a good chunk of players like myself will nose back in. A great chance to carve a comfortable niche out of the MMO landscape.

• Naunet, Cirinde, bbates024 and 4 others like this

Avatar created by the talented Toart

#17 Lethality

Lethality
  • Guests
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:48 AM

I played Closed AND open beta, i had i lvl 50 stalker and lvl 40 esper in beta, and a lvl 50 stalker and lvl38 after release, so ive spend a lot of time playing it. I LOVED the dungeons and the pvp in this game. I honestly dont understand why people stopped playing it since it was so fun, im doing an attempt to start playing it again but exactly like 6 months ago i find it so deppresing that the servers are empty that i just cant find the motivation to play it. I wish there could be something like a good marketing campaing etc. to bring people back.

Why did you stop playing then? 

Unhappy with this post? Ignore me here.

#18 mirta000

mirta000
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:04 AM

I swear someone is paying people to make ludicrous statements like this post.I am having such a blast in WS every day. 

or they ended up on the two out of four servers that don't have an economy or a population: 
https://www.youtube....h?v=zoU0DP0S8sU

http://the-unknowns.eu/ we have a side thing going on on Luminai. We have some serious guilds for Blade and Soul and Final Fantasy Realm Reborn, but you're welcome to join us on Wildstar just for funzies too :)

#19 Khandi

Khandi
  • Guests
  • LocationClearwater Beach Florida

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:11 AM

or they ended up on the two out of four servers that don't have an economy or a population: 
https://www.youtube....h?v=zoU0DP0S8sU

So use the free transfer. A lot of PvP guilds did this while Carbine works on Drop 5.

The PTR is open, but it looks to me as if the totality of the Drop is not up and running yet. Drop 5 gives love to the Pvpers from what I understand. 

Drop 4 was brilliant and I'm hopeful that Drop 5 will be just as good.

• Cirinde, PlasmaJohn and VicVanMeter like this

Dishonesty is not the only alternative to honesty. There is also the highly underrated virtue of shutting up.

“What’s that expression? Is your food not settling well?”

#20 VicVanMeter

VicVanMeter
  • Guests
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:14 AM

So use the free transfer. A lot of PvP guilds did this while Carbine works on Drop 5.

The PTR is open, but it looks to me as if the totality of the Drop is not up and running yet. Drop 5 gives love to the Pvpers from what I understand. 

Drop 4 was brilliant and I'm hopeful that Drop 5 will be just as good.

As Mirta stated, the reason to return wasn't to play.  It's because we were happy with the upcoming changes and the population increase.

Let not the wind, example find, to do me more harm than it purposeth :
Since thou and I sigh one another's breath,
Whoe'er sighs most is cruellest, and hastes the other's death.  
-John Donne

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: f2p