• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#1 Daorven

Daorven
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

POPULAR

'Deadlock Extended' is a modified version of the original 'Deadlock' by matteekay, you can find the original thread here..

Feature:
  • 'Lock/Unlock' Status button visible in your Character 'ActionBar' (can also display 'Option panel' if you click, toggle).
  • 'Toggle option with Lock': (If checked 'Option panel' auto Show/Hide depending on whether the mouse is locked or not).
  • Toggle By Click: (Left-clicking in the world, not on a unit or interface, engages and disengages Mouse-Lock)
  • Toggle By Key: (The key Set engages and disengages Mouse-Lock).
  • Toggle By Holding Key: (Toggle Lock/Unlock can be controlled by holding a key down, it uses the same key set as 'Toggle By Key'. All other 'Toggle' Option and 'Intelligent Return' are disabled).
  • Option to set Key for 'Toggle By Key' and 'Toggle By Holding Key' (By default the key used is 'X' for both). 
  • Auto-Target Reticle: (Placing your target reticle over a unit will automatically target it).
  • Target By Key: (Placing your target reticle over a unit and push a key to acquire target).
  • Option to set Key for 'Target By Key' (By default the key used is 'C'). 
  • Target Faction: (If enabled you target only Friendly or Hostile player faction with 'Auto-Target' or 'Target By Key').
  • Option to set 'Friendly' or 'Hostile' for 'Target Faction' (Toggle).
  • Use Intelligent Return: (Opening/Closing UI’s, quest dialogs, comm calls, and other mouse-pointery events will automatically Unlock/Lock ). 
  • Custom Reticle (Many Shape/Size) *
  • Option to set 'Reticle' size.
  • Fade Out (if no target).
  • Option to see Distance. 
  • Option to set Reticle colors (For Target In / Target Out / Distance, use AddOn 'ColorPicker' By Tomber, option disabled if 'ColorPicker' not installed).
  • Option to set Reticle Fade Out opacity.
  • Settings saved.

* I can add any new reticle..You can send me a PM with your desired reticle shape .. I would include in a future update.

********************************************************************************************************
HOW TO INSTALL
********************************************************************************************************

Important:
Before installing please uninstall the old version named 'Deadlock' (by deleting the drawer of the same name
or by disabling the addon) the new version 'Deadlock Extended' has been renamed

Download Deadlock Extended, unzip into your WildStar addons directory...
Download ColorPicker, unzip into your WildStar addons directory...

For more détailled information see the installation guide here..

HOW TO 

To open 'Option' panel :

• Use the 'Lock status' button..(toggle show/hide)
  • Use slash command /deadlock  (toggle show/hide)
  • Use slash command /dl  (toggle show/hide)

To configure 'Deadlock Extended' :

• To configure open the option panel and adjust settings, if you set Color / Size / Shape you have a Reticle preview (use your mouse and target any character to see color for 'fade out' and 'HUD Distance'..) . To set key for 'Toggle By Key' and 'Target By Key' click the picture keyboard and enter a new key and validate by return (Key available are a-z , 0-9  and shift , ctrl, be careful not to use a key already bind)

To Lock / Unlock 'Deadlock Extended' :

• Toggle By Click: (Left-clicking in the world, not on a unit or interface, engages and disengages Mouse-Lock)
  • Toggle By Key: (The key set engages and disengages Mouse-Lock, 'X' is the default key).
  • Toggle By Holding Key: (Toggle Lock/Unlock can be controlled by holding a key down,  it uses the same key set as 'Toggle By Key'. All other 'Toggle' Option and 'Intelligent Return' are disabled).

TO DO 

At the moment this just graphical improvements (which should still evolve), next step find a solution for the various bugs and desired improvements.
The road may be long .. but I have good shoes.

Wish List:

• Option to set custom Bind for Mouse toggle..
  • Allow the mouse clicks to be bound to abilities
  • Resolve Alt-Tab Bug..
  • Auto-targeting without the sound ..
  • Custom Move the Reticle.. 
  • Do Escape key dont Unlock 'Deadlock Extended'
  • Auto Unlock/Lock with some control still while giving you free range to place those ground AOE target abilities, .
  • Activate Mouse-Lock automatically when you move
  • Add Custom set interface to create your own Reticle.. 

Wish List FIXED..

Spoiler

CHANGELOG

• Version 1.9a  Chips (22/02/2014).
    • Now work with 'PotatoUI'.

DOWNLOAD

DeadlockExt_v1.9a.zip

Previous update..

Spoiler

#2 BlackWolf

BlackWolf
  • Guests
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

You're my hero! Awesome. Going to try this at once.

#3 Daorven

Daorven
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hi,

After many probleme with OnSave/OnRestore ;-) 

#4 BlackWolf

BlackWolf
  • Guests
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

I'm having several issues with this version:

• Can't use 'X' to lock the mouse. When you select this option, it works once. But after it stops working and the config window disappears and doesn't show anymore. You have to use /deadlock to get it back.
  • Reticule doesn't disappear after going back in mousepointer mode.
  • Reticule is way off to the left instead of the middle of the screen. Running the game @ 1920x1080. Seems it still aims at the middle, just the reticule graphic is off.
  • Colors doesn't seem to be working. I can set the colors, because I'm have Colorpicker installed, but the reticule doesn't seem to get updated with the colors.

Edit: more info added.

#5 aishwarya

aishwarya
  • Members
  • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

im having problems with toggle with 'x' command and colour

Malum Factum

#6 Daorven

Daorven
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hi,

The firts color is for target, you do target a character with mouse (in option mode) to see the colors change, the second color is with no target..,If you see the 3 colors, ColorPicker are detected normaly..

for the reticle position i do see what.

Can you test for the colors, and say me.thanks

#7 Daorven

Daorven
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

You see ColorPicker panel ?

#8 BlackWolf

BlackWolf
  • Guests
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yes, colors work okay. It's great. Because I was trying to aim with the reticule (graphic) I thought it didn't work. But like I wrote in my previous post, the reticule is not in the right spot in the middle of the screen.

#9 Daorven

Daorven
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

Ok, i do look the reticule position...can you send me a screenshot to see ? thanks..

I watch the x command..

#10 ruff1298

ruff1298
  • Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

I think you're better off making an image in GIMP rather than taking a screenshot. Your NDA number is splattered all over those.

Also, yeah, the additions are nice, but a smaller reticule would be lovely. When I first tried this, it was TOO big and hid my Aurin, which was a bad thing. Of course, that was before all the other options.

I will not be using this until the "X" problem is solved, though. I use a controller and having to click or press escape to disable Deadlock will be jarring.

#11 BlackWolf

BlackWolf
  • Guests
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

Ok, i do look the reticule position...can you send me a screenshot to see ? thanks..

Send you a PM with a link.

Also, yeah, the additions are nice, but a smaller reticule would be lovely. When I first tried this, it was TOO big and hid my Aurin, which was a bad thing. Of course, that was before all the other options.

You can set different reticules in the options. Even small ones.

#12 Daorven

Daorven
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Hi,

Humm many problem, i post an update..

#13 Daorven

Daorven
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

The Reticle appear only if you are in Option Mode or if you have Locked by X key/In world click. If only the button Locked is visible the reticle dont appear this normal..

#14 Daorven

Daorven
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

HOW TO 

To configure juste open the option panel, you see the reticle and adjust settings (use your mouse and target any character to see color modification, shape, fade out etc..) .

There is also a command /deadlock that displays the button Lock.

For the colour if you are in Option mode you do target a cible with mouse to see the effect of first colour, the second if for no target..

#15 Daorven

Daorven
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hi,

For the Reticle, i would make a system by Layer, to really create your own personnal Reticle..

#16 ruff1298

ruff1298
  • Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

Hi, the options bar doesn't disappear when I click the wrench icon again. I have:

• Toggle by in-world click
  • Toggle by "X" key
  • Use Intelligent Return

Active, and selected the tiny, barely visible diamond reticule.

#17 Daorven

Daorven
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

Hi,

Hi, the options bar doesn't disappear when I click the wrench icon again. I have:

• Toggle by in-world click
  • Toggle by "X" key
  • Use Intelligent Return

Active, and selected the tiny, barely visible diamond reticule.

Hi,

OK,I look that after work..

#18 Daorven

Daorven
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

Hi

Adding detailed information in the HOW TO section for clarity in the use..

#19 Hinji

Hinji
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

Thanks for the update Daorven,

I really like Deadlock as it allows me to concentrate on my positioning a lot more, however i do have issues when it comes to Healing on my Spellslinger.

It seems when i have it enabled, the heals target myself rather than those that are injured, granted i am still new to healing but i assumed with having a combat system like this that the heals would target the closest player that needs healing (i could be wrong).

Do you know of any way to stop it from targeting myself or do i  just need to disable Deadlock and click/select players?

#20 Daorven

Daorven
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

Thanks for the update Daorven,

I really like Deadlock as it allows me to concentrate on my positioning a lot more, however i do have issues when it comes to Healing on my Spellslinger.

It seems when i have it enabled, the heals target myself rather than those that are injured, granted i am still new to healing but i assumed with having a combat system like this that the heals would target the closest player that needs healing (i could be wrong).

Do you know of any way to stop it from targeting myself or do i  just need to disable Deadlock and click/select players?

Hi,

You do have various spell for heal with telegraph and single target, normaly the Mouse-Lock never target you, but you have may be a combat option actived to target you if you are no target for the heal send ?

Sure the MouseLock target change target very fast, no persistent target like a real F2/F3 ect.. targetting faction players, i do test this for the class healers and find a solution..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mouse-lock, Combat