I’m Moja, and I’ll be taking over as the class lead for the Warrior moving forward.
A little bit about me… Up ‘til now at Carbine I’ve worked on a variety of features for Wildstar, including housing plugs and expeditions, Warplot bosses, and a number of dungeons and bosses, including portions of the new 20-man Datascape conversion and Ultimate Protogames.
I wanted to share a few design goals for improving the Warrior and give you an idea of what the future holds:
- Competitive choices for abilities and AMPs: Players should have to make tough decisions when crafting builds. Ideally, every ability, ability tier, and AMP will be useful and awesome.
- Supporting a variety of playstyles and player choice: Going with the above, our goal is to give you interesting choices and allow you to build a variety of ways for each role. For example, Rampage is an awesome skill, but it shouldn’t always be the best DPS choice for every situation.
- Creating interesting rotations and gameplay: In the past, Warriors have been stuck with a 2-3 button core DPS rotation, which can get pretty boring after a while. We would like to give experienced players more options when it comes to pushing out those extra bits of damage from more complex rotations, while still keeping the class approachable for newer players.
- Balance: Our goal is to keep classes competitive in all roles. We want the player to pick the class for the fun playstyle and not because of an obvious imbalance.
- Being active on the forums: We want to keep an open dialogue with you guys, and I will be a direct point of contact for feedback and any issues you may have on the forums. This means the other class devs and I will do our best to actively monitor the forums for hot-button issues or bugs.
Note: This is going to be a marathon, not a sprint. We won’t be able to make all these changes overnight, and the class will continue to evolve over the foreseeable future. I just wanted to share the general direction you can expect.
Now with all that said, I wanted to get some feedback from you!
- What do you like most about the warrior, and why?
- What do you like least about the warrior, and why?
- If you could improve one thing about the warrior, what would it be?
- Are there any outstanding bugs or issues with the warrior that seem to have slipped through the cracks? Please try to provide as much detail as possible.
- Do you have any questions for me?
I’m looking forward to working with all of you to make the warrior awesome! Fire away!