Photo

PTR UPDATE: 20 Man Datascape Now Available!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 ThaCheez

ThaCheez

Community and Creative Content Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

We are proud to announce that our PTR has been updated and the 20 man Datascape is now available for testing!  PTR is a valuable resource to ensuring the stability of our build.  

Please help us create a fantastic player experience by hopping in and testing it out!

Please keep in mind this is an early version and not the final build, so there will be bugs.  Also, we will be releasing a more detailed post about the changes in PTR soon, we just need the focus on Datascape currently.  

If you have any feedback please leave it in the comments below.

Tony Rey

Community & Creative Content Manager

Dem Tweets

#2 Rummie

Rummie
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

HUGE QUESTION: Is there a copy of our live characters (within the last week or so) on the PTR for this patch?

• Aera likes this

Miss Shootie (Stabbie) GM of <DO NOT PANIC>

recruiting people and stuff

#3 CRB_Buiden

CRB_Buiden
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:02 PM

HUGE QUESTION: Is there a copy of our live characters (within the last week or so) on the PTR for this patch?

Not currently.

Lead Software Engineer -- @CRB_Buiden

#4 Rummie

Rummie
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:10 PM

Not currently.

Is there going to be a copy of our live characters made any time in the future? Our characters are 3-4 months old and I recently attuned a new level 50 I'd love to try healing with on the PTR. 

#5 vdw647

vdw647
  • Members

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:10 PM

Could you maybe put the Amp/Ability unlocks on the vendor? or just elder gems? Then it would matter far less that the character copies are ancient.

#6 negoleg

negoleg
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:11 PM

as long we can get instant lvl 50 /DS attuned/ GA tier gear /AMP/Ability points - i don´t see a reason for live copy.

#7 CRB_Buiden

CRB_Buiden
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:12 PM

Is there going to be a copy of our live characters made any time in the future? Our characters are 3-4 months old and I recently attuned a new level 50 I'd love to try healing with on the PTR. 

I feel your pain and all I can say is that it is on our radar.  Ultimately we need a process in place that allows players to initiate PTR character copies. We are not in a position to provide that functionality right now.  In the short term we may consider alternatives but I cannot promise anything at this time.

Lead Software Engineer -- @CRB_Buiden

#8 Oxz

Oxz
  • Members

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

Are pristine genesis keys available at the vendor now?

And any news about full amp/ability points?

Oxtube

Like what you see? Considering subscribing to the channel :)

#9 ebp

ebp
  • Members

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

Are pristine genesis keys available at the vendor now?

And any news about full amp/ability points?

all at vendor

#10 vdw647

vdw647
  • Members

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:27 PM

Oh shiny! and really cool vendbot model ^^

#11 Delakron

Delakron

Producer

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationCarbine Studios

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

Could you maybe put the Amp/Ability unlocks on the vendor? or just elder gems? Then it would matter far less that the character copies are ancient.

I believe the PTR vendor has everything you're asking for (save for copying your character).

Development Producer

//TRANSMISSION_END

#12 Rummie

Rummie
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

I believe the PTR vendor has everything you're asking for (save for copying your character).

Ok, if there are amp / ability points, then that's a bit better. My old character didn't have ability points unlocked and that's SUCH a huge difference for stalker dps. Thanks guys. I totally understand that making live character copies is not something that's easy. Can't wait to try the new content. :D

#13 Rummie

Rummie
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

Hmmm - what about being able to buy things with elder gems? Would love to buy some of the stuff I had from the elder gem to replicate my gear.

#14 Kurona

Kurona
  • Guests
  • LocationYour Mom's House

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

So.. no patch notes?

Kurona Silversky

<World Last 9/9>

#15 Aera

Aera
  • Members
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

So.. no patch notes?

I was wondering the same thing. I'd like to check the patch notes, get on the PTR, and test them. If I don't know what needs testing, I can't test it.

• yasfan likes this

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant. ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

#16 Delakron

Delakron

Producer

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationCarbine Studios

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

Hmmm - what about being able to buy things with elder gems? Would love to buy some of the stuff I had from the elder gem to replicate my gear.

There's a bag of Elder Gems on the vendor. :lol:  

So.. no patch notes?

This is an early build. While there's plenty of sparkly stuff, as the announcement requested, please focus on feedback of Datascape's 20-Man conversion for now.  ;)

Development Producer

//TRANSMISSION_END

#17 Cercie

Cercie
  • Members
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:16 PM

So, is it only the 20man DS? Any of the itemization, vet shiphands, etc. changes yet?

Are you an Exile looking for a friendly group of gamers to travel through Nexus with? Check out The Crimson Cross.

#18 Nike Online

Nike Online
  • Members

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

That you don't prepare patch notes as a necessary and required step to pushing content to an outward facing server is mind boggling.

I realize we're free labor, but a certain minimum amount of courtesy would go a long way towards motivating volunteerism.

#19 Atreties

Atreties
  • Members

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

So you want us to test DS, but dont give us the ability to copy over our DS attuned characters or with any of our DS gear. If you want valid, legitimate feedback on anything other than Daemons, that's 100% a requirement.

DS guilds aren't going to spend weeks and weeks to gear up to be ready for the checks on later fights like MA, pairs, or Gloomclaw.

You want us to test? Give us the tools to reasonably be able to do so. Come on, why do I have to say this? -_-

You copied once. Simply do it again.

#20 ThaCheez

ThaCheez

Community and Creative Content Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

That you don't prepare patch notes as a necessary and required step to pushing content to a outward facing server is mind boggling.

I realize we're free labor, but a certain minimum amount of courtesy would go a long way towards motivating volunteerism.

We present patch notes to every push to live.  There are some things on the PTR we want/will be talking about very soon.  Please be patient while we hold a fews cards close to our chest.

Tony Rey

Community & Creative Content Manager

Dem Tweets