Photo

Future Plans?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Mamatereza

Mamatereza
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:47 AM

With a few words, what are the plans of the future development of the game? Whats cooking?

We know about 40mans-->20mans. Any other ground breaking future plans and changes?

What about:

Guild Housing / Neighborhood

minions / companions

fishing

10man content (not raids:) )

flex raiding

optimizations

more solo content

pvp improvements

etc etc

Is there any info about future plans in the works, you can share with us?

Thank you :)

Exile Esper @ Jabbit

#2 Kory Vul

Kory Vul
  • Guests
  • LocationThe Verse

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:59 AM

From one of their youtube video's they let slip that they were planning on taking us to another planet and also maybe some underwater content. 

Kory Yul - Human | SpellSlinger (Scientist) | Guild member of The Voidrunners | Jabbit PvE

Science is my life. When the Alchemist Academy deem it too dangerous to collect a specimen, they send in their best!

Trying to stop the spread of the Strain virus since 3rd June 2014 

#3 CRB_Anlath

CRB_Anlath
  • Carbine Studios (Former)
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:16 AM

Okay, so, we're working on a little something to help communicate all this, maybe not in great detail but a rough outline of some stuff to come.

I'm not sure what form that will take, whether it focuses on the next patch or the whole year, but it's in the works. We're also planning on doing more in-depth looks at upcoming content/features to properly share with everybody via the website etc.

Twitter: CRB_Anlath

Based in the UK. Dominion in the streets. Exile with my DPS (pronounce it "deeps").

The guy who said; "Busting a nut" on the Livestream.

#4 Feyline

Feyline
  • Members
  • LocationLost as usual

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:17 AM

I'd love to see more "fluffy content". To be honest, I've barely touched the new content, and have been busy in housing. I'd love to see some work on guild housing/neighborhood, as you mentioned, and Pets both as collectibles and for our houses too :) hobbies? yes please! 

I'd like to see the proto star appearance guys also do hair at least as well

• Naunet and Mamatereza like this

Ankriston Villa

Tuesdays, Fridays,  9-12 EST

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MJ9sI8K5g9Q

#5 Mamatereza

Mamatereza
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:45 AM

Okay, so, we're working on a little something to help communicate all this, maybe not in great detail but a rough outline of some stuff to come.

I'm not sure what form that will take, whether it focuses on the next patch or the whole year, but it's in the works. We're also planning on doing more in-depth looks at upcoming content/features to properly share with everybody via the website etc.

Nice to hear about. Any info for start? :)

I'd love to see more "fluffy content". To be honest, I've barely touched the new content, and have been busy in housing. I'd love to see some work on guild housing/neighborhood, as you mentioned, and Pets both as collectibles and for our houses too :) hobbies? yes please! 

I'd like to see the proto star appearance guys also do hair at least as well

I definitely want to see some fluffy content in game. I m playing WoD in the last 2 weeks and tbh i m having great time doing pet battles and hanging around in my garisson. Hoping for some kind of this content in WS too.

Exile Esper @ Jabbit

#6 Frezz

Frezz
  • Members
  • LocationCheese Head Land

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:55 AM

I hope its MORE PLAYERS.

RIP PVP - Never Forget MuffinMan - 10/23/14
Tikkun Olam - Neverheals, Neverdie, Neverlives
Twitch.tv/Youtube - North Africa #1 Dominion PVP Guild

#7 CRB_Anlath

CRB_Anlath
  • Carbine Studios (Former)
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

I hope its MORE PLAYERS.

Captain-Planet.jpg

THE POWER IS YOURS!

Twitter: CRB_Anlath

Based in the UK. Dominion in the streets. Exile with my DPS (pronounce it "deeps").

The guy who said; "Busting a nut" on the Livestream.

#8 yasfan

yasfan
  • Members
  • LocationI dun see how it's none of yore bidness, stranger.

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:07 AM

... We're doomed.  :lol:

Content-gating does not tie merit to reward when you can get credit for completing the content by being AFK in the same room as someone else who beats the content for you.

#9 krawnnic backpainz

krawnnic backpainz
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:21 AM

Can you guys ever produce a definitive answer? Enough with the smoke and mirrors already. I mean seriously, how are you so clueless in every aspect of the game changes? Does everyone at carbine just do whatever they want on a daily basis without any regard to what their coworkers are working on? Sounds like a horrible team environment and probably is the reasoning that your changes are so far apart.

"We are writing something, that isnt going to be written. We will show it to you when we don't show it to you. I'm not sure how in depth it will be but it will lack depth. It may be for the entire year of that which has no year." 

Krawnnic Backpainz - Medic / Krawnnic Cough - Spellslinger / Krawnnic Fatigue - Warrior

Co-Leader of Gatlike Gangstars

Krawnnic TV: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5-KCtnrRV1IzZrgFm1f5uw

#10 Silverwidow

Silverwidow
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:31 AM

they give the answers they are allowed to give w/o causing trouble or giving ideas that something is coming but hasn't been locked in yet. so stop QQing and play the game. whats the point of a surprise if you know what is coming.

#11 Mamatereza

Mamatereza
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

Can you guys ever produce a definitive answer? Enough with the smoke and mirrors already. I mean seriously, how are you so clueless in every aspect of the game changes? Does everyone at carbine just do whatever they want on a daily basis without any regard to what their coworkers are working on? Sounds like a horrible team environment and probably is the reasoning that your changes are so far apart.

"We are writing something, that isnt going to be written. We will show it to you when we don't show it to you. I'm not sure how in depth it will be but it will lack depth. It may be for the entire year of that which has no year." 

Hahahaha its a bit like the Pythia's prophecies, the ancient Oracle of Delphi :)

Exile Esper @ Jabbit

#12 indigojones

indigojones
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

That really isn't fair of an answer. They do give plenty of definitive answers. someone asked if they could get a break down of what happening and they gave an answer... they are working on it. do you want them to just give a break down for a year or do you want them to work on something and make sure it is correct and then give it to us correctly?  or would it be better if he didnt say anything? 

I on the other hand Thank  CRB_Anlath

Co-Host on Strange Tales From Outer Space  Wildstar Podcast - http://goo.gl/gCQvHK

#13 Razhork

Razhork
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

Some people don't quite understand that there are things they simply can't talk into details about. If they start talking about content which is aimed to be released far into the future, the playerbase will take it as a promise and keep Carbine to their word. Heck, even when I worked in a retailer, there was things I simply couldn't tell customers whether it be interpretating it as a promise or that I was bound by company rules. 

All in all, chill out people. Don't pop a vein because your question wasn't answered. Future plans is a broad as hell question and answering it with juicy details will without the slighest bit of doubt cause more trouble than worth. I personally hope they do some kind of "Things we're aiming for in the future" by the end of December, so we know the vague plans for 2015. 

• indigojones likes this

Raz hork  ZhurAscendancy / Jabbit EU

Warrior DPS - the 35% rampage reset was not a lie - Illuminati II TT gone = Wildstar gone 

#14 Dvius

Dvius
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

"Plan" posts are all well and good, but anyone that's been around MMO's long enough knows that the future is never a definitive thing. There can only be speculation and that's where the problems always arise. We know there's things you can't divulge and are subject to change, so anything long-term is going to be intentionally vague. 

How about just simple Monthly State of the Game posts? "We are currently working on <insert things you can give info on", "We are looking for feedback on <insert things that are driving the community crazy>," "We are looking into <things that you know or think might need to be adjusted." Throw in some community things, some personal things around the office...  

These types of posts are useful for a variety of reasons. It keeps the community in the loop, which lets face it, just wants to feel like they know the direction the game is going at all times. The posts are a compass. If they feel included, even if the biggest details are kept quiet, they'll be ok. It's the not hearing anything at all that drives them crazy. A monthly breakdown also helps you out. It takes away the big, looming expanse of future things and forces you to focus on the last 4 weeks. It's the here and now that matters the community and while we know you're human too, sometimes we need developers to talk to us like they realize it. 

I just started playing, so I'm not accusing anyone of not listening to the community. This is something that all game companies tend to not comprehend completely. It's obvious you listen, and something just saying you're listening is enough to quell the frustrations. And from some of the recent posts, I think you've realized that. WOW used to do state of the game posts... They were just carrots. Take a look at Funcom and TSW. Their monthly director posts are not full of details or secrets. It's just a personal letter with just enough to give you a glimpse. And it keeps the community satisfied. Then when you do go into more details on features and things that are coming, you've not only satisfied, now you've gone the extra step. I think the gaming introverts that most of us are forget that the community management side of things are almost identical to a marketing team in the extrovert world. It's not what you say, it's how you present it. Don't worry about leaving out details and disappointing people. Just having regular updates of any kind are what's needed. 

#15 Mamatereza

Mamatereza
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

Guys we are not asking about some info for the afterlife, or the pyramids mysteries. We are just asking a few info about the future plans of the game. Not what will happen in a year, but whats in the oven for then next 2-4 months. Is that so hard? Are we asking that much?

Exile Esper @ Jabbit

#16 FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII
  • Members
  • Location鎌倉市, 日本.

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:02 PM

They definitely do not need to be working on fluffy content, there's already too much wasted effort on fluff content in the game as it is.
What they need to do is design more progressive and character improvement content that's not able to be consumed in a few hours.
Fluff is when you're bored or need a break, but if players are bored because they don't have any more content to work on because their raid group isn't online, there's something wrong there.

Carbine needs to work on creating something that's progressive to the characters that's not raiding.
More solo content, like Drusera instances and stuff like Omnicore, Please for the love of the Weave give us some solo quests in blight haven for reputation please.
I want to see 3 player trinity meta content as well. That would be incredibly interesting.
I'd like to see something attribute to gear improvement that's not Runes.

I would like to see Carbine design instanced challenging solo gameplay that integrates with raiding, when you're not raiding, what about some solo content that requires a lot of skill and effort too?

"Rules only apply to those whom the authorities wish to apply them too. With enough influence and preference you can get away with anything, or nothing."
~Anonymous
Using a Razer Naga/Logitech G600/MMORPG mouse? Check out this Guide | Want to make your Right Mouse button a Toggle? Try this Addon.

#17 Razhork

Razhork
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:03 PM

Drop 4 is coming in 2-4 months. 

Revelations ...

If you expect people to interpretate "future development of the game" as 2-4 months then say so in the post. 

Raz hork  ZhurAscendancy / Jabbit EU

Warrior DPS - the 35% rampage reset was not a lie - Illuminati II TT gone = Wildstar gone 

#18 Mamatereza

Mamatereza
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

They definitely do not need to be working on fluffy content, there's already too much wasted effort on fluff content in the game as it is.
What they need to do is design more progressive and character improvement content that's not able to be consumed in a few hours.
Fluff is when you're bored or need a break, but if players are bored because they don't have any more content to work on because their raid group isn't online, there's something wrong there.

Carbine needs to work on creating something that's progressive to the characters that's not raiding.
More solo content, like Drusera instances and stuff like Omnicore, Please for the love of the Weave give us some solo quests in blight haven for reputation please.
I want to see 3 player trinity meta content as well. That would be incredibly interesting.
I'd like to see something attribute to gear improvement that's not Runes.

I would like to see Carbine design instanced challenging solo gameplay that integrates with raiding, when you're not raiding, what about some solo content that requires a lot of skill and effort too?

Solo quests for rep? NTY, not another retarded daily quests->rep system. Haven't you got enough all these years in every other mmo (and WS too ofc)?

More solo content would be nice, but fgs not daily quests...

Exile Esper @ Jabbit

#19 FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII
  • Members
  • Location鎌倉市, 日本.

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

Solo quests for rep? NTY, not another retarded daily quests->rep system. Haven't you got enough all these years in every other mmo (and WS too ofc)?
More solo content would be nice, but fgs not daily quests...

Because struggling like hell to get anyone to go anything in blight haven is so much better than letting people get it with some effort.
Please yes, because trying to get that reputation is damn near impossible now that so many people finished it early, any one who didn't get there early can't do it now.

"Rules only apply to those whom the authorities wish to apply them too. With enough influence and preference you can get away with anything, or nothing."
~Anonymous
Using a Razer Naga/Logitech G600/MMORPG mouse? Check out this Guide | Want to make your Right Mouse button a Toggle? Try this Addon.

#20 GorenKillChua

GorenKillChua
  • Members
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:51 PM

New planet

Underwater Atlantis like zone

More moon stuff

Pets

Fishing

PvP change (only make pvp gear cosmetic, normalize pvp stats pls)

Attunement removal

When augmentors comes out add bosses to it like Baradin Hold in wow to keep raiders happy

10 man incursions (not raids)

Vet adventures

Thats the main just of it