• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

#1 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:26 AM

Good morning wildstar community!

I posted in my pvp feedback video that I would love to host a townhall style stream with the Devs that are part of PvP and class leads. So I am making a official thread for this idea.

What is this for

• positive talk with carbine
  • Promoting ideas and changes that are needed
  • Creating a positive place to hear what the devs have to say
  • Strengthening the community

What is this not for

• To flaunt your ego
  • To call carbine names and troll
  • bring a negative attitude to gain attention
  • yell and scream
  • Negative comments

Everything would be handled by my self in a control TeamSpeak. It will be streamed so that all the community is able to ask questions. The teamspeak will be open to the public but there will only be a set number of people to actually voice their questions. This means if you have been a known troll or negative poster, you will not be allowed in the voice area but still welcome to ask questions in chat.

The dev I think would best fit this townhall are:

Meerkat, TimeTravel, Joe Pie, and Steve Engle(pretty sure I spelled someone name wrong there)

Id love to have a few class leads in there as well.

I would like to have this townhall in January to give carbine time to really settle all their new PvP leads in their chairs.

• CRB_Timetravel, Gore, Flo X and 1 other like this

#2 Chewthetoy

Chewthetoy
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:37 AM

+1

Would also like to request a civil sitdown with yourself to make sure we are addressing the correct issues and not adding more evade issues.
  • Bazeleel likes this

#3 Gore

Gore
  • Guests
  • LocationOver There

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:49 AM

+1

This is what's needed as opposed to all the negative, non-productive whining.

Aewinn - Spellslinger - Explorer - Exile

#4 Abn

Abn
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:56 AM

I'd like more information on your intent please.

Many ideas have been suggested on the forums, which the developers have read, and in many cases commented on. I don't understand if this is a positive use of their time if it will just be a rehashing of what we've seen in text, with the loudest voices garnering the most attention.

How are you going to represent a larger audience for PvP? Yes, there are 10 of us that argue with each other back and forth in the PvP forums but we need to get a larger audience, including PvE representation.

Are you compiling questions from the people you designate as allowed in the TeamSpeak? Who qualified for the TS?
Potential Intensity
Exiles Entity PvX
Ask me about our PvP team!

#5 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:10 AM

I'd like more information on your intent please.

Sure thing!

Many ideas have been suggested on the forums, which the developers have read, and in many cases commented on. I don't understand if this is a positive use of their time if it will just be a rehashing of what we've seen in text, with the loudest voices garnering the most attention.

Its to help the community see the Devs are willing to take time and talk to the community.

How are you going to represent a larger audience for PvP? Yes, there are 10 of us that argue with each other back and forth in the PvP forums but we need to get a larger audience, including PvE representation.

The ones that want to be heard will show up. It is open to everyone.

Are you compiling questions from the people you designate as allowed in the TeamSpeak? Who qualified for the TS?

I will have taking questions from the forums, twitch chat, etc.... As long as X person haven't been known to be trolly or ragey then they are welcome to voice their opinion. The ones that are ragey still are welcome to talk in twitch chat.

• Abn likes this

#6 Eclips

Eclips
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

+1

Would also like to request a civil sitdown with yourself to make sure we are addressing the correct issues and not adding more evade issues.

I am in full support of your town hall as long as you have a good long talk with Chewthetoy here or others that actually have PvPed at an upper level.

Draw on the numerous resources that I and many others have created in these forums for the purpose of developer interaction.  The hard work and collective agreements from the top ranked PvPers, as well as the average player, have been posted on the forums.  The hard part has been done for you.  If (for god knows what reason) the developers do decide to have a town hall with you of all people, then do not let the rest of the PvP community down.

... and don't *cupcake* about stalkers, because they're pretty awesome right now.

ps.  Meerkat = Steven Engle

twitch.tv/eclipsgaming  /// youtube /// builds available on twitch, follow me!

"I just replied to this thread to make clear that if you implement this 50% crit chance increase after leaving stealth, would be the dumbest thing you could ever do for stalkers (pvp wise)" - Thirborn

#7 ThaCheez

ThaCheez

Community and Creative Content Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:34 AM

I will chat with Meerkat about this to discuss how much info we can actually share publicly at this point.  However, as far listening to everyone's ideas and feedback, this is something we can definitely do.  Like I said, let me chat with Meerkat and we can work out a schedule and plan for this.  Thanks!

Tony Rey

Community & Creative Content Manager

Dem Tweets

#8 Thalothean

Thalothean
  • Members
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

I'd like to see a monthly ( or something like that) topic on the forums from the devs where we discuss all things PvP, what they are doing right now, what they plan and what we think about this or that

That way we would know when we will be able to talk with the devs and share our ideas and it would probaly removes some pressure on the devs that they feel they have to answer on x topic because there are demands of it.

Supporting your town hall to the fullest, as long as its constructive and actually gives something!

Lv. 50 Exile Warrior | Lv. 50 Exile Engineer | Lv. 50 Exile Esper | Lv. 50 Exile Medic | Luminai EU

<Myth> | twitch.tv/thalothean

2v2 - 2.1k+ Season 1 | R1 S1.5

#9 ZamZam

ZamZam
  • Members

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:02 PM

... and don't *cupcake* about stalkers, because they're pretty awesome right now.

Awesome is a stretch. They are "decent" but only if played at a moderately high level, whereas CERTAIN classes can find success playing at a noticeably lower level.

But so long as the potential performance is comparable to other classes (which it currently is, more or less), then I personally have no problem. It's just most people who don't play them at a very high level will find them relatively lackluster.

#10 Chewthetoy

Chewthetoy
  • Members

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

Awesome is a stretch. They are "decent" but only if played at a moderately high level, whereas CERTAIN classes can find success playing at a noticeably lower level.

But so long as the potential performance is comparable to other classes (which it currently is, more or less), then I personally have no problem. It's just most people who don't play them at a very high level will find them relatively lackluster.

They are rated decent in twos. And unknown in 3s. Due to the population of this game... the class won't know it's true potential. Same with engineers.

#11 klorinator

klorinator
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:44 AM

Personally I don't think any class is weak, every class has something they can do to be successful in pvp but that is not true for each spec. The biggest problem as most people can clearly see is population. We shouldn't judge or expect balance based on 2v2 arena but it's nearly impossible when 2v2 arena is the only form of competitive play the game can currently sustain. 

I think each spec, Assault and Support, for each class should be viewed as a class of its own. Mainly because that is the way the game is set up, it doesn't matter if a Stalker Tank can carry a bg single handed because if the player is not a Tank, they cant simply switch. It takes a lot to gear and rune for a single spec, additional LAS are not easy to obtain and AMP resets are prohibitively expensive.

One of the greatest aspects of this game is the amount of spec customization players have. It's a double edged sword though, not every player is willing to experiment with repeated AMP resets or rerunes and the ones who are may not be willing to share their build. Most players want to be able to google the best cookie cutter build and apply it to their character but that information isn't out there. They want to encourage diversity of build but prohibit experimentation with gold sinks. 

#12 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:10 AM

Back on topic!

I will chat with Meerkat about this to discuss how much info we can actually share publicly at this point.  However, as far listening to everyone's ideas and feedback, this is something we can definitely do.  Like I said, let me chat with Meerkat and we can work out a schedule and plan for this.  Thanks!

Thx tony!

#13 Sutor

Sutor
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:40 AM

Eclips makes a good point, we need a number of top rated PVPers in there. Players who have beaten the odds, have a thorough understanding of team play, players who step outside the box to win, players that didn't cheat. That said, we all know there are a lot of ..personalities..when it comes to top rated players. I'd suggest a pre-townhall meeting chat with those selected to attend - this pre-townhall meeting would essentially be to say "listen guys, this isn't your chance to suggest PVP the way you want it, its your chance to make suggestions on pvp changes that benefit all across the board - the best players, the worst placers, the solo queuers, the group-only folks. Suggestions that will bring players to pvp, and aid longevity." It would also give a few moments to hash out those few items that everyone might agree on unanimously thus cutting down on any unnecessary extra chat, I'm sure there are some items. Maybe a poll could come in handy. 

TL:DR; we need players in there who got 1800 the hard way and regularly pvp/support pvp. We also need to make sure those players aren't selfish jackasses and are genuinely looking to improve the game through discussion. 

• krawnnic backpainz likes this

#14 krawnnic backpainz

krawnnic backpainz
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:45 AM

Eclips makes a good point, we need a number of top rated PVPers in there. Players who have beaten the odds, have a thorough understanding of team play, players who step outside the box to win, players that didn't cheat. That said, we all know there are a lot of ..personalities..when it comes to top rated players. I'd suggest a pre-townhall meeting chat with those selected to attend - this pre-townhall meeting would essentially be to say "listen guys, this isn't your chance to suggest PVP the way you want it, its your chance to make suggestions on pvp changes that benefit all across the board - the best players, the worst placers, the solo queuers, the group-only folks. Suggestions that will bring players to pvp, and aid longevity." It would also give a few moments to hash out those few items that everyone might agree on unanimously thus cutting down on any unnecessary extra chat, I'm sure there are some items. Maybe a poll could come in handy. 

TL:DR; we need players in there who got 1800 the hard way and regularly pvp/support pvp. We also need to make sure those players aren't selfish jackasses and are genuinely looking to improve the game through discussion. 

I like to think of myself as one of these people. I'm definitely one of the most active pvpers and an advocate for changes to classes even inlcuding my own when they are broken. I'd be available for the pre-chat/townhall meeting. Just need a date/time.

• Sutor likes this

Krawnnic Backpainz - Medic / Krawnnic Cough - Spellslinger / Krawnnic Fatigue - Warrior

Co-Leader of Gatlike Gangstars

Krawnnic TV: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5-KCtnrRV1IzZrgFm1f5uw

#15 indigojones

indigojones
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

So i have attended a few Town halls in the past and the largest issue isn't from the community it is on the Dev team knowing what they can and can not say. maybe having the  "pre-town hall" meeting gathering questions and sending it to them before hand so they can gather their wits about them. Then there will be a little less himming and hoing. 

• Bazeleel and Sutor like this

Co-Host on Strange Tales From Outer Space  Wildstar Podcast - http://goo.gl/gCQvHK

#16 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:31 AM

So i have attended a few Town halls in the past and the largest issue isn't from the community it is on the Dev team knowing what they can and can not say. maybe having the  "pre-town hall" meeting gathering questions and sending it to them before hand so they can gather their wits about them. Then there will be a little less himming and hoing. 

A good idea, just waiting on tony now to see if they are able to do one :D

#17 Nefrayu

Nefrayu
  • Members
  • LocationMarshall, Michigan

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:52 AM

I'll be there. Anything to help make things better.

'Double Penetration' Gladiator Oomay - 1800 Warrior - Entity ////////////// Nefrayu Switch - 1800 Esper - Entity

Xeon Switch - 1700 Slinger - Entity ///////////// Snatch Box - Fresh 1200 Stalker - Entity (wru arenas)

#18 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

To make it easier for Carbine I have set up a forum where everyone can submit questions. This will allow them to come prepared with answers and avoid questions they could get in trouble for answering.

Submittions are now closed!

I will submit these questions to carbine after I have collected enough questions.

• CRB_Timetravel likes this

#19 ThaCheez

ThaCheez

Community and Creative Content Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

I have spoken to the team yesterday and it is looking like we could schedule something mid-late January.  They are currently still working on a plan of what they want to do and what they will feel comfortable in sharing with the community.  I will get back to you after the new year to lock down a date and get the community ready to bring their suggestions to the team.  Thank you all for your passion and understanding.  Can't wait for another Town Hall!

Tony Rey

Community & Creative Content Manager

Dem Tweets

#20 Abn

Abn
  • Members

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:39 AM

I have spoken to the team yesterday and it is looking like we could schedule something mid-late January.  They are currently still working on a plan of what they want to do and what they will feel comfortable in sharing with the community.  I will get back to you after the new year to lock down a date and get the community ready to bring their suggestions to the team.  Thank you all for your passion and understanding.  Can't wait for another Town Hall!

Shouldn't you be leveling?

Thanks for the update.
Potential Intensity
Exiles Entity PvX
Ask me about our PvP team!