Hello everyone --
Thank you for your patience, and a special thanks to everyone who's provided information thus far -- both here in the thread and via PM.
With your help, we've been able to analyze certain systems and run diagnostic trace routes from the server back to your home (reverse of what you did to the server), but we unfortunately need more data. One of the largest bits that's telling of a network-related problem is that many of you have commented of a better experience when you use a VPN service. Server hardware issues don't change once a different connection is made; server problems would stay consistent and global. Nonetheless, we're still looking at all avenues -- this could be hardware, networking, or even related to ISP throttling during peak traffic hours.
So that we can continue to look into this as best as possible, for those with access to a VPN, we would like to ask the following:
- Download a free traceroute software.
- When next you play WildStar and you begin to experience these connectivity issues, quickly boot up the app and begin a trace to 188.8.131.52
- Trace interval should be around 5-10 seconds.
- It is important that you only do this when the connectivity problems are present!
- Let this trace keep running for about 10-15 minutes while you continue to play WildStar.
- If you see the list of IP addresses and your graph refresh regularly, it's working.
- After you've logged in an appropriate amount of time during your affected gameplay, stop the trace and export your Sample Set results.
- If you're using PingPlotter Standard, go to "File>Save Sample Set..." and name the .pp2 file.
- Quit WildStar and log into your VPN service, and sign back into WildStar.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to obtain data for comparison.
- Once the two files are created, visit our Support Page, create a new Technical Support ticket and attach the newly created .pp2 files with your results.
- Designating the ticket subject with the header "EU Lag Traceroute" would be greatly appreciated.
With the new data recording of your connection over a period of time, both on your affected original connection and (potentially improved) VPN, we'll be able to get a clearer picture.
Again, we appreciate your assistance in helping to diagnose this issue.
The problem always seems to be on the same nodes for me. Namely switching into the datacenter in frankfurth itself.
You can see this from the various pingplots I've already provided, it's always node #7
Sorry to hear. This sounds entirely like a server issue and not at all related to the lag. With chat services acting up, everyone on the realm should have been affected, too -- do you know if they were?
Nope, my guild chat and zone chat was lively at that time stamp. (I'm also on Jabbit)
Yes, several guild member announced problems that they had up 2 seconds delay in the chat.
Running around in housing or Illium cases minifreezes where the game seems to be taking in a massive amount of information and needs to process it.
One guild member did a "lag test" by writing a message before the Kuralak pull and it took 5 seconds before it appeared in chat.
Wednesday evening in the housing plots we had multiple people stuttering during the roleplay event.
We have people reporting that the game after a while no longer responds to the "enter button" being pressed for entering chat messages. They need to manually click on the chat bar to be able to talk.
We are always on teamspeak the whole time this happens and no problems exist there.
People have also reported to get different latency and FPS results based on where they are standing inside Genetic Archives and even in which room they are looking.
I experienced the same for example when running around on the second floor, having 23ms with 75FPS, but as soon as I enter the small rooms for the challenges my FPS drops to 16 and my latency spikes up to 100ms.
I doubt this is a server issue. Some guildies are affected, but WTFast solves it. Other guildies are never affected. I'm one of the people who never has lag so can't help sadly.
Unfortunately for several of our members WTFast is not providing any solution.
It does seem to work for some, but not always.