Photo

Massive lag and DC on Jabbit

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#81 Tuft Meadowgrass

Tuft Meadowgrass
  • Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:14 AM

Just a crazy hunch: I noticed this thread right after I just read this bug thread:

https://forums.wilds...killinglooting/

In addition to clean installations etc, have you tried emptying your in-game mailboxes? I've noticed that mail access can be very slow during those hours in the evenings...

#82 Olivar

Olivar
  • Members
  • LocationSpace Lagomorph

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:19 AM

Mailboxes are empty, it's not related.

#83 bitter vet

bitter vet
  • Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:55 AM

I feel I have to write a reply. There is a reason I didn't put this thread in player to player help! Players can't do *cupcake* about it. And I would appreciate if it would be moved back to a more appropriate place.

This is not a simple UI freeze when you loot a lot. That happens all the time when I'm farming. Some Carbine addons are just *cupcake*ed up (probably Satchel).

This is pure server lag that starts slowly by increasing latency from 80->100->700->whatever until I simply get disconnected 5-10 min later. Then I can't even log in because I get dc'd on the loading screen. This lasts for about 2-3 hours in the evening and is completely random. Some days it's fine, some days I can't play. It first happened on 20th November. Addons don't matter at all. It gets fixed if I connect though VPN which basically changes the route to server.

#84 Chillia

Chillia

Community Moderator

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:59 AM

I feel I have to write a reply. There is a reason I didn't put this threat in player to player help! Players can't do *cupcake* about it. And I would appreciate if it would be moved back to a more appropriate place.

If you have a request like that for a moderator, simply report the thread (bottom right hand side) on the main post, and request it to please be moved along with the reason. :) That will ensure that it gets taken care of quickly, or that a reply can be sent to you explaining why it isn't being moved if that is the case. Since this is a widespread issue for our EU players and I agree that players can't do much about it that hasn't already been tried, I am moving it over to our bugs section. 

- Team WildStar 

#85 ebp

ebp
  • Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

Lags again. Statistics are the same as I posted days ago. Going WTFast.

#86 SnAjP

SnAjP
  • Members
  • LocationYesh !!1!1one

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:09 PM

sticky it please, till its fixed

dont put it on the same value as, "cant build trees in my garden"

#87 Bloodstix

Bloodstix
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:52 AM

Still massive between 19:00/23:00 please do something. Its Game-Breaking for me and my raid freinds experiencing this laags and dc's!

#88 Briex

Briex
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:07 AM

Same time same issues same feedback

The SWAGTASTIC ESPER BRIEX SPER <THE UTOPIA>

THE SWAGEST OF ALL THE SWAG WARRIORS BRIEX

RANK 1!!!!!!!!! 3V3 IN THE ENTIRE WORLD

#89 BroFistForLife

BroFistForLife
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:37 AM

700ms idling my plat today. Goes into DS, drops to 400.

CSGO, COD, BF, WOW all runs at 30-40ms.

Obviously my connection *cupcake*ing.

lol

Healslinger 6/6 GA 8/9 DS40 - 9/9 DS20

Medic healer 6/6 GA 4/9 DS

Engineer DPS 6/6 GA

#90 Flackky

Flackky
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:10 AM

Maybe they plan to just let the server die and shut down EU completely? Or are the US servers having the same problems

#91 Weierstrass

Weierstrass
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

Hi there,

I have the same issue since more than 2 weeks now. I'm from Belgium and my connection works really fine in all other games/apps.

Can we have an eta for when it will be resolved plz ??

#92 CRB_Anlath

CRB_Anlath
  • Carbine Studios (Former)
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

sticky it please, till its fixed

dont put it on the same value as, "cant build trees in my garden"

The difference is that it became obvious what was causing the Garden issues, this problem is not so obvious.

Our live team is investigating and doing what they can to track it down and resolve the problem. This is one of our top, top, issues right now but we just don't have any information to share back sadly.

Twitter: CRB_Anlath

Based in the UK. Dominion in the streets. Exile with my DPS (pronounce it "deeps").

The guy who said; "Busting a nut" on the Livestream.

#93 Hunkelmunkel

Hunkelmunkel
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

Raiding between 20:00-23:00 is impossible, 7 disconnects during each System Daemons try.

Never had issues like this before, in none of the online games I played.

Hope you will find a fix soon!

Wildkatze    - 50 Spellslinger, Healer; Sandkatze   - 50 Esper, Healer

Aqua Team Hunger Force, Exile Raid Guild on Deadstar

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/sandkatze

#94 Olivar

Olivar
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

So today:

• Raid instance was not available people stuck in loading screen (21:00 - 21:15)
  • Lags causing many disconnects and latency spikes up to 5 seconds
  • WTFast not providing a solution for several raiders
  • delay up to 3 seconds on chat
  • Chat stopping to work

#95 Delakron

Delakron

Producer

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationCarbine Studios

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

Hello everyone --

Thank you for your patience, and a special thanks to everyone who's provided information thus far -- both here in the thread and via PM.

With your help, we've been able to analyze certain systems and run diagnostic trace routes from the server back to your home (reverse of what you did to the server), but we unfortunately need more data. One of the largest bits that's telling of a network-related problem is that many of you have commented of a better experience when you use a VPN service. Server hardware issues don't change once a different connection is made; server problems would stay consistent and global. Nonetheless, we're still looking at all avenues -- this could be hardware, networking, or even related to ISP throttling during peak traffic hours.

So that we can continue to look into this as best as possible, for those with access to a VPN, we would like to ask the following:

1. Download a free traceroute software.
  2. When next you play WildStar and you begin to experience these connectivity issues, quickly boot up the app and begin a trace to 206.127.158.1
    • Trace interval should be around 5-10 seconds.
    • It is important that you only do this when the connectivity problems are present!
  3. Let this trace keep running for about 10-15 minutes while you continue to play WildStar.
    • If you see the list of IP addresses and your graph refresh regularly, it's working.
  4. After you've logged in an appropriate amount of time during your affected gameplay, stop the trace and export your Sample Set results.
    • If you're using PingPlotter Standard, go to "File>Save Sample Set..." and name the .pp2 file.
  5. Quit WildStar and log into your VPN service, and sign back into WildStar.
  6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to obtain data for comparison.
  7. Once the two files are created, visit our Support Page, create a new Technical Support ticket and attach the newly created .pp2 files with your results.
    1. Designating the ticket subject with the header "EU Lag Traceroute" would be greatly appreciated.

With the new data recording of your connection over a period of time, both on your affected original connection and (potentially improved) VPN, we'll be able to get a clearer picture.

Again, we appreciate your assistance in helping to diagnose this issue.

Development Producer

//TRANSMISSION_END

#96 Delakron

Delakron

Producer

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationCarbine Studios

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:10 PM

So today:

• Raid instance was not available people stuck in loading screen (21:00 - 21:15)
  • Lags causing many disconnects and latency spikes up to 5 seconds
  • WTFast not providing a solution for several raiders
  • delay up to 3 seconds on chat
  • Chat stopping to work

Sorry to hear. This sounds entirely like a server issue and not at all related to the lag. With chat services acting up, everyone on the realm should have been affected, too -- do you know if they were?

Development Producer

//TRANSMISSION_END

#97 Niliana Bloodbound

Niliana Bloodbound
  • Guests
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:08 PM

Sorry to hear. This sounds entirely like a server issue and not at all related to the lag. With chat services acting up, everyone on the realm should have been affected, too -- do you know if they were?

Nope, my guild chat and zone chat was lively at that time stamp. (I'm also on Jabbit)

#98 Laurens

Laurens
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:35 PM

I doubt this is a server issue. Some guildies are affected, but WTFast solves it. Other guildies are never affected. I'm one of the people who never has lag so can't help sadly.

#99 Olivar

Olivar
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:38 PM

Hello everyone --

Thank you for your patience, and a special thanks to everyone who's provided information thus far -- both here in the thread and via PM.

With your help, we've been able to analyze certain systems and run diagnostic trace routes from the server back to your home (reverse of what you did to the server), but we unfortunately need more data. One of the largest bits that's telling of a network-related problem is that many of you have commented of a better experience when you use a VPN service. Server hardware issues don't change once a different connection is made; server problems would stay consistent and global. Nonetheless, we're still looking at all avenues -- this could be hardware, networking, or even related to ISP throttling during peak traffic hours.

So that we can continue to look into this as best as possible, for those with access to a VPN, we would like to ask the following:

1. Download a free traceroute software.
  2. When next you play WildStar and you begin to experience these connectivity issues, quickly boot up the app and begin a trace to 206.127.158.1
    • It is important that you only do this when the connectivity problems are present!
  3. Let this trace keep running for about 10-15 minutes while you continue to play WildStar.
    • If you see the list of IP addresses and your graph refresh regularly, it's working.
  4. After you've logged in an appropriate amount of time during your affected gameplay, stop the trace and export your Sample Set results.
    • If you're using PingPlotter Standard, go to "File>Save Sample Set..." and name the .pp2 file.
  5. Quit WildStar and log into your VPN service, and sign back into WildStar.
  6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to obtain data for comparison.
  7. Once the two files are created, visit our Support Page, create a new Technical Support ticket and attach the newly created .pp2 files with your results.
    1. Designating the ticket subject with the header "EU Lag Traceroute" would be greatly appreciated.

With the new data recording of your connection over a period of time, both on your affected original connection and (potentially improved) VPN, we'll be able to get a clearer picture.

The problem always seems to be on the same nodes for me. Namely switching into the datacenter in frankfurth itself.

You can see this from the various pingplots I've already provided, it's always node #7

Nope, my guild chat and zone chat was lively at that time stamp. (I'm also on Jabbit)

Yes, several guild member announced problems that they had up 2 seconds delay in the chat.

Running around in housing or Illium cases minifreezes where the game seems to be taking in a massive amount of information and needs to process it.

One guild member did a "lag test" by writing a message before the Kuralak pull and it took 5 seconds before it appeared in chat.

Wednesday evening in the housing plots we had multiple people stuttering during the roleplay event.

We have people reporting that the game after a while no longer responds to the "enter button" being pressed for entering chat messages. They need to manually click on the chat bar to be able to talk.

We are always on teamspeak the whole time this happens and no problems exist there.

People have also reported to get different latency and FPS results based on where they are standing inside Genetic Archives and even in which room they are looking.

I experienced the same for example when running around on the second floor, having 23ms with 75FPS, but as soon as I enter the small rooms for the challenges my FPS drops to 16 and my latency spikes up to 100ms.

I doubt this is a server issue. Some guildies are affected, but WTFast solves it. Other guildies are never affected. I'm one of the people who never has lag so can't help sadly.

Unfortunately for several of our members WTFast is not providing any solution.

It does seem to work for some, but not always.

#100 Zinkey

Zinkey
  • Members

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

Hello everyone --

• Download a free traceroute software.
  • When next you play WildStar and you begin to experience these connectivity issues, quickly boot up the app and begin a trace to 206.127.158.1
  • Let this trace keep running for about 10-15 minutes while you continue to play WildStar.
  • After you've logged in an appropriate amount of time during your affected gameplay, stop the trace and export your Sample Set results.
  • Quit WildStar and log into your VPN service, and sign back into WildStar.
  • Repeat steps 3 and 4 to obtain data for comparison.
  • Once the two files are created, visit our Support Page, create a new Technical Support ticket and attach the newly created .pp2 files with your results.
    • Designating the ticket subject with the header "EU Lag Traceroute" would be greatly appreciated.

Same guild as Laurens here and we appear to be running into two slightly different issues with the lag which appear to be independent.

One issue is the one mentioned here in the thread about having a huge latency spike and then being disconnected. Upon trying to log back in players end up getting stuck on the loading screen. We have managed to reliably get around this issue using the WTFast VPN. It would also appear that changing your IP also alleviates this issue. While not ideal this problem at least has a reliable work around.

The second issue (one I have experienced myself) is in-explainable latency spikes, in many cases which dont lead to a disconnect and never seem to be linked to login issues afterwards. They seem to be completely random and happen to players with reliable connections which operate perfectly with all other software during the spikes. The only correlation with anything is they tend to occur when in combat (I assume possibly due to the higher than usual network traffic). It will usually result in ping spiking up to anywhere in the region of 500-2K ms which will usually settle either after a few minutes or as soon as combat finishes. I think in total around 6-7 members of our roster have had this issue plague them for an entire raid and from no specific area/location. This issue is probably the most frustrating as there is no workaround we have found yet, using a VPN did not appear improve latency in this case.

We are having our second session on Ohmna this Sunday and I will make sure to pass the details of this thread on to everyone in our raid and have people ready to log in the instance they run into a connection problem.

Hopefully this can help to find a solution as this issue is our single biggest issue with raiding atm. As a guild which came from Archon originally we have held strong through the various population/economy/bug issues because quite frankly once you have settled team the raiding content in this game is second to none. Unfortunately these connections issues push many of us just over the line of the game still being playable, and I do worry that if left unresolved we will start to lose quite a few key players in our roster. It is however very reassuring to see Carbine actively investigating this issue so thank you.