Photo

Arena Domain Owner

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#61 krawnnic backpainz

krawnnic backpainz
  • Members

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:58 AM

1) The difference between T2 gear and Blue gear should not be exaggerated.

2) T2 gear no longer requires you to have 1800 rating, only the weapon does. The rating progression system made things much more easier, and if you can't even get to 1600'ish rating, you don't deserve T2 gear, period.

3) I completely understand the request to equalize gear. I actually favor that, since skill in this game plays a much bigger role than gear, I just want some players to lose their invalid excuse.

I bought a 1200 gear set and runed it out with full pvp power and defense runes just to see the difference between that and my 1800 fully unlocked and from a healing standpoint....there isn't much difference.

• Skulm, Abn and Sutor like this

Krawnnic Backpainz - Medic / Krawnnic Cough - Spellslinger / Krawnnic Fatigue - Warrior

Co-Leader of Gatlike Gangstars

Krawnnic TV: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5-KCtnrRV1IzZrgFm1f5uw

#62 Abn

Abn
  • Members

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

I already told you that!  The difference is 200-250 AP, and 1-2% Power, and 2-5% defense depending on how unlucky you are with random slots.

• krawnnic backpainz likes this
Potential Intensity
Exiles Entity PvX
Ask me about our PvP team!

#63 CRB_Meerkat

CRB_Meerkat
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:36 AM

Meerkat-

Did you hotfix field probes? 

Field Probes heal debuff stacking has not been pushed up to live yet. Due to some unforeseen issues it is now on the December 9th patch to live. I am working on getting it moved to this week as a special exception. I will keep you up to date when I know more.

Steven Engle - Lead Combat Designer - Carbine Studios
Wildstar Forums - CRB_Meerkat
Reddit - CRB_Steven
Twitch - Crb_Sengle
Twitter - Steven_Engle

#64 Chewthetoy

Chewthetoy
  • Members

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:45 AM

Field Probes heal debuff stacking has not been pushed up to live yet. Due to some unforeseen issues it is now on the December 9th patch to live. I am working on getting it moved to this week as a special exception. I will keep you up to date when I know more.

So glad this game breaking bug still isn't fixed. What is this.... week 3 or 4?

Come on guys. These fixes need to be top priority. It's unfair advantage to any team not using a medic.

#65 SamuelJackson

SamuelJackson
  • Members

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

Too late, since you've already lost half of the top end PvP playerbase since Drop 3.

'unforeseen issues' my ass, how hard can it be to make a skill not apply a debuff? You already have this functionality in arenas for other healing debuffs, like the warrior and engineer skills, it's nothing brand new. How could it take a month to figure this out??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This should have been hot fixed right away within the first week.

https://forums.wilds...m/#entry1228587

I reported it on the 12th (and many others before me did as well), and a Carbine Staff replied within 24 hours, acknowledging its existence. Why was it not hot-fixed that same week? 

Whatever, same deal as usual with you guys, not really surprised at this point. It's almost as if your developers are having a competition to see which serious bug can remain in the game the longest before people just get so tired that they stop complaining completely.

Good work waiting a month to fix a game-breaking PvP bug.

Samuel Jackson of Warhound - www.twitch.tv/dArigs  - Healslinger Arena PvP

#66 krawnnic backpainz

krawnnic backpainz
  • Members

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:40 PM

Thanks for the response meerkat. Looking forward to it getting pushed to live.

Krawnnic Backpainz - Medic / Krawnnic Cough - Spellslinger / Krawnnic Fatigue - Warrior

#67 Eclips

Eclips
  • Members

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

1. The sensationalism surrounding the gear gap is simply absurd. Yes, absurd. Do the math. Not only is the gear gap between 1200 and 1800 gear not as large as youre spouting, the gap is lessened by the ability to pick up the pieces on the way. Quite frankly bazeleel, you need to start doing math and learning how this game works before you start sensationalizing things that simply aren't true.

2. Field Probes debuff in 2s should have never made it live. Thats a specific lack of qa in the PvP department, and a lack of incentive for the players to qa it on the ptr.

That being said, its in the past. However, this bug is so severe that it is the equivalent of a medic discharge bug, or engineer bug. That's what gamebreaking means. If ever there was a priority to encourage arenas, its to fix that skill.

3. Trying to get it pushed to live should've happened on the 12th. Instead, we have a compromised arena system.

Do you know that it is possible to disable rated arena temporarily in anticipation of large game changing patches. Its called a preseason. Write that down for the future.
  • Zybak, Skulm and Sutor like this

twitch.tv/eclipsgaming  /// youtube /// builds available on twitch, follow me!

"I just replied to this thread to make clear that if you implement this 50% crit chance increase after leaving stealth, would be the dumbest thing you could ever do for stalkers (pvp wise)" - Thirborn

#68 CheetosMascot TM

CheetosMascot TM
  • Members

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

How do you give incentive to achieve a higher ranking if requirement on gear is removed?

Just wanted to pop in to this conversation upon reading this. Taking a page from one of the most popular PVP games in the world right now. 

League of legends Gold level to Rank 1 Challenger rewards:
- A skin for a champion you probably don't even play.

People can say what they want about cosmetics. I don't need a better sword because I'm rank 1. I just need a title or a cosmetic piece that proves it. My incentive to stay at a high rank is to improve as a player and be the best. Throw me either an emblem, title, ground mount, costume piece and I will be happy with my entire years worth of PVP progress.

Force me to get 1800 to even buy the gear I need? I think that format has proven itself to give NO incentive to play. Why would that ever interest new players?

Break out of the MMO mentality and strongly consider what is viable in the world of worthy PVP content/rewards. (League isn't the only game using this easy PVP system to huge success).

• bravoart and Chronic7 like this
Donut Picnic= ' v ' =

#69 Chewthetoy

Chewthetoy
  • Members

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

1. The sensationalism surrounding the gear gap is simply absurd. Yes, absurd. Do the math. Not only is the gear gap between 1200 and 1800 gear not as large as youre spouting, the gap is lessened by the ability to pick up the pieces on the way. Quite frankly bazeleel, you need to start doing math and learning how this game works before you start sensationalizing things that simply aren't true.

2. Field Probes debuff in 2s should have never made it live. Thats a specific lack of qa in the PvP department, and a lack of incentive for the players to qa it on the ptr.

That being said, its in the past. However, this bug is so severe that it is the equivalent of a medic discharge bug, or engineer bug. That's what gamebreaking means. If ever there was a priority to encourage arenas, its to fix that skill.

3. Trying to get it pushed to live should've happened on the 12th. Instead, we have a compromised arena system.

Do you know that it is possible to disable rated arena temporarily in anticipation of large game changing patches. Its called a preseason. Write that down for the future.

Wonder why majority of players are going back to WoW. They have a working system, and know when to issue changes. The reason why season 1 was reset was due to bugs and exploits. So what's different now? Another gaming breaking bug that allows players to exceed outside their rating boundaries.

#70 Skulm

Skulm
  • Members
  • LocationWARMONGER Headquarters

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

Wonder why majority of players are going back to WoW. They have a working system, and know when to issue changes. The reason why season 1 was reset was due to bugs and exploits. So what's different now? Another gaming breaking bug that allows players to exceed outside their rating boundaries.

WoW never reseted a season, and I come from WoW. Things were broken beyond imagining at certain seasons (causing disconnects by spamming chains of ice in Arena, Nagrand Pillar abuse to break los, etc...) Yet they never reseted a season. WildStar, not only reseted a season, but also proved to everyone that it was useless to reset a season, since unpleasant issues still persist in the game's PvP. What happened ? Same old same old.

WildStar took its time for Drop 3 you know, since Drop 2 was one of the biggest fails in the history of gaming. It was supposed to be a PvP Drop btw, oh nevermind, I have written countless posts about it anyways.

Too late, since you've already lost half of the top end PvP playerbase since Drop 3.

'unforeseen issues' my ass, how hard can it be to make a skill not apply a debuff? You already have this functionality in arenas for other healing debuffs, like the warrior and engineer skills, it's nothing brand new. How could it take a month to figure this out??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This should have been hot fixed right away within the first week.

https://forums.wilds...m/#entry1228587

I reported it on the 12th (and many others before me did as well), and a Carbine Staff replied within 24 hours, acknowledging its existence. Why was it not hot-fixed that same week? 

Whatever, same deal as usual with you guys, not really surprised at this point. It's almost as if your developers are having a competition to see which serious bug can remain in the game the longest before people just get so tired that they stop complaining completely.

Good work waiting a month to fix a game-breaking PvP bug.

See ? He believed you, he tried to help you. What happened? Why didn't you listen to him ? What's the excuse for this one ?

---

The main problem is, fixing basic stuff takes waaaaaay too much time. Literally, you had all the time in the world for Drop 3, and yet you release it with heal debuff stacking ? You know what is the worst part ? I told everyone that the season should not start directly after the restart. People laughed (except those who discuss things in a rational way/read my posts)

I know what's wrong. Carbine is lagging. At 01:00 o'clock, we report a problem. They start working on that. At 2:00 o'clock, we report another problem. They start working on that. When they announce that they have fixed the issues, it's 2 months later, 5 pm, with 30 new problems awaiting to be fixed. I think it's a vicious circle.

Take my advice, read the posts we linked you, let us know what you think.

PS: IF that icy arena is so big for 2v2, why did you design it in the first place ? You want to bring life to 3v3 and 5v5? Go read my posts.

PSS: You are getting great feedback from top level players for free, and we don't even know what do you think of them. This is so frustrating ! Be more active in forums !

WARMONGER Skulm (GM) www.warmongergaming.com

Skulm YouTube: https://www.youtube....er/SelimOnengut

EU 3v3 Arena Rank 1

#71 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

Thank you for letting us know when the fix is going to go to live. Could you possibly explain why it took so long to fix a really major bug? I know that the restructure really put you behind but was there any other factors for the long wait?

• S-Flo likes this

#72 bravoart

bravoart
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:52 AM

Force me to get 1800 to even buy the gear I need? I think that format has proven itself to give NO incentive to play. Why would that ever interest new players?

Just tossing my two cents in that this is mostly the reason I don't care to bother participating in pvp. If you're going to lock equal footing behind coordinated play, why bother participating? More reasons are long queues and even longer completely lopsided matches. If I have to sit through another 30+min Halls of the bloodsworn no-contest curb stomping... ugh.

[For Science] - Dominion/Caretaker

#73 krawnnic backpainz

krawnnic backpainz
  • Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:55 AM

Now that I read this over again. Meerkat, can you please clarify what you mean by debuff stacking? Are your intentions to remove the healing debuff completely in 2v2? or are you telling me that multiple healing debuffs from multiple medics stack currently and that is what you are addressing with the patch? 

Or by stacking you mean the current arena healing debuff + field probes debuff?

#74 SamuelJackson

SamuelJackson
  • Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

Now that I read this over again. Meerkat, can you please clarify what you mean by debuff stacking? Are your intentions to remove the healing debuff completely in 2v2? or are you telling me that multiple healing debuffs from multiple medics stack currently and that is what you are addressing with the patch? 

Or by stacking you mean the current arena healing debuff + field probes debuff?

He means the extra healing debuff will no longer stack with the arena heal debuff, which is what is broken right now. The heal debuff is fine on the skill itself, it should work in BGs, OWPVP, and 3v3 and 5v5 arenas, it's just in 2v2 arenas that already have a heal debuff that it shouldn't be applying a second debuff in. 

Either way, dead game is even more dead now, I have very little desire to even play again after this FP bug gets fixed and this is coming from someone who played 2000 arena games in the summer which happens to be the second most in the game. I never get bored of the arenas themselves and I still love the game, it's just too dead now, especially when you queue up prime-time 6PM-9PM on a Saturday and get the same team for 3 hours then they stop and queues die. That's just wrong. We even tried making threads on the forums letting people know we're queuing and of course that did nothing, we did not face a single different team...boring. And we won all our games even though the warrior/medic we faced were abusing Field Probes, but it's not cause they sucked, it's cause they don't have as much experience. Perhaps the saddest part of all the events that have happened with Wildstar is that the game lost a lot of talent. There was some serious PvP talent in this game, most of it is gone now, I only know a handful that still play that could beat us, and take that however you will, you can either think I'm trying to boast or just understand my frustration with the issues that caused people to quit. It's just not going to be fun anymore to play this stupid ass game once shit is fixed. What the hell is there to do as a PvPer other than queue for 30 minutes face the same team over and over and then have to stop when they stop?

Whatever, it's too late for Carbine at this point in time to recover for the pay-to-play model, so we'll just have to wait until they realize this (probably already happened) and make that final decision to go F2P and actually make a serious attempt at reviving this game.

They will have to do exactly what Tera did...go free to play and make money off cosmetics/cash shop etc etc etc.

Tera went down this exact same route that Wildstar did.

Amazing combat system.

Insane amount of players during beta.

Ridiculous surge of growth during launch months.

Insane OWPVP during beta/launch period.

Then what?

Slowly died...more and more imbalance issues annoyed the PvPers, and the PvE was always fun but once you downed the dungeons it was just a grind for materials and gear.

The highest PvE geared players always overpowered everyone else (specifically in PvP) by a huge margin, gear was ALWAYS better and the determining factor. The strongest gear was the crafted PvE pieces, and the exact same problem exists in Wildstar right now and has existed since launch for some reason. Anyone that had the full crafted PvE set would almost have a guaranteed win against anyone with the best PvP gear in the game.

Eventually Tera dwindled down to like having only 2000-3000 active max level players still subbing monthly, so they went free-to-play and launched a ton of events and bam, huge surge of new players.

The same will happen to Wildstar, it's inevitable, there is no recovery for this pay-to-play model now that all the initial excitement is gone and the only thing that is coming up is problem after problem, and ignoring a quarter of the game's population (PvPers). They will just have to go F2P to allow the game to survive which is unfortunate but too late to fix now.

Another thing to keep in mind is the many upcoming MMOs in 2015. A lot of them can steal players from Wildstar and truly kill this game if it hasn't gone F2P in time and already obtained a new group of players that will stick to the game. For example, Blade & Soul is on track to be released in 2015 and as most of you know the publisher is NCSoft, wonder what that will do to Wildstar if it's still going with this model it has now?

hint hint nudge nudge Carbine...hint hint nudge nudge...

#75 krawnnic backpainz

krawnnic backpainz
  • Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:26 AM

Not all of your games =p sev and i are 1-0 against you and ecstacy but you guys did beat ghenesis and I. I know this is offtopic my apologies.

#76 SamuelJackson

SamuelJackson
  • Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:31 AM

Not all of your games =p sev and i are 1-0 against you and ecstacy but you guys did beat ghenesis and I.

Sevrawr? If that's who you are talking about, I don't think I've ever faced him in Arenas. 

Me and Ecstasy haven't legitimately lost to a single team though. Our only losses are to field probes abusers who were actually good or when we were experimenting with stuff like T8 chill, T8 disorient, T8 wild barrage, and hybrid DPS/Heal specs, and others. As far as I know we haven't lost once when we actually had a real build and it wasn't against a medic with field probes. We have also beat every team running Field Probes except Zybak's because we die too fast >.>

EDIT: JK you beat us, I found it in BGChron logs. That was right after a match VS Zybak where I was trying various builds to try and beat his stupid datascape gear damage. I'm guessing you were running Field Probes though...either way doesn't matter, my point wasn't that we can't lose, it's that there are only a handful that can beat us, maybe you are one of the few in that handful, but the point was that the number of people with real talent is low

#77 krawnnic backpainz

krawnnic backpainz
  • Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:45 AM

I agree with what everything you are saying, We are at the point as well that ques are nonexistent 95%+ of the time that we no longer even bother with queing only to face the same team until they stop queing. I've constantly try to do games with other players in the lower bracket but all i end up doing is making their que times nonexistent, so for the time being I don't even bother queing.

#78 Chewthetoy

Chewthetoy
  • Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

Sevrawr? If that's who you are talking about, I don't think I've ever faced him in Arenas.

Me and Ecstasy haven't legitimately lost to a single team though. Our only losses are to field probes abusers who were actually good or when we were experimenting with stuff like T8 chill, T8 disorient, T8 wild barrage, and hybrid DPS/Heal specs, and others. As far as I know we haven't lost once when we actually had a real build and it wasn't against a medic with field probes. We have also beat every team running Field Probes except Zybak's because we die too fast >.>

EDIT: JK you beat us, I found it in BGChron logs. That was right after a match VS Zybak where I was trying various builds to try and beat his stupid datascape gear damage. I'm guessing you were running Field Probes though...either way doesn't matter, my point wasn't that we can't lose, it's that there are only a handful that can beat us, maybe you are one of the few in that handful, but the point was that the number of people with real talent is low.

Who's your in game character? I'd love to setup a series against you.
Esper/warrior

IGN gladiator hankster/deucebigalow chuagigolo

#79 SamuelJackson

SamuelJackson
  • Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

Who's your in game character? I'd love to setup a series against you.
Esper/warrior

IGN gladiator hankster/deucebigalow chuagigolo

I'll start playing after the 12th again, I'm not playing for now. I am Samuel Jackson.

• Ecstasy likes this

#80 Skulm

Skulm
  • Members
  • LocationWARMONGER Headquarters

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

He means the extra healing debuff will no longer stack with the arena heal debuff, which is what is broken right now. The heal debuff is fine on the skill itself, it should work in BGs, OWPVP, and 3v3 and 5v5 arenas, it's just in 2v2 arenas that already have a heal debuff that it shouldn't be applying a second debuff in. 

Either way, dead game is even more dead now, I have very little desire to even play again after this FP bug gets fixed and this is coming from someone who played 2000 arena games in the summer which happens to be the second most in the game. I never get bored of the arenas themselves and I still love the game, it's just too dead now, especially when you queue up prime-time 6PM-9PM on a Saturday and get the same team for 3 hours then they stop and queues die. That's just wrong. We even tried making threads on the forums letting people know we're queuing and of course that did nothing, we did not face a single different team...boring. And we won all our games even though the warrior/medic we faced were abusing Field Probes, but it's not cause they sucked, it's cause they don't have as much experience. Perhaps the saddest part of all the events that have happened with Wildstar is that the game lost a lot of talent. There was some serious PvP talent in this game, most of it is gone now, I only know a handful that still play that could beat us, and take that however you will, you can either think I'm trying to boast or just understand my frustration with the issues that caused people to quit. It's just not going to be fun anymore to play this stupid ass game once shit is fixed. What the hell is there to do as a PvPer other than queue for 30 minutes face the same team over and over and then have to stop when they stop?

Whatever, it's too late for Carbine at this point in time to recover for the pay-to-play model, so we'll just have to wait until they realize this (probably already happened) and make that final decision to go F2P and actually make a serious attempt at reviving this game.

They will have to do exactly what Tera did...go free to play and make money off cosmetics/cash shop etc etc etc.

Tera went down this exact same route that Wildstar did.

Amazing combat system.

Insane amount of players during beta.

Ridiculous surge of growth during launch months.

Insane OWPVP during beta/launch period.

Then what?

Slowly died...more and more imbalance issues annoyed the PvPers, and the PvE was always fun but once you downed the dungeons it was just a grind for materials and gear.

The highest PvE geared players always overpowered everyone else (specifically in PvP) by a huge margin, gear was ALWAYS better and the determining factor. The strongest gear was the crafted PvE pieces, and the exact same problem exists in Wildstar right now and has existed since launch for some reason. Anyone that had the full crafted PvE set would almost have a guaranteed win against anyone with the best PvP gear in the game.

Eventually Tera dwindled down to like having only 2000-3000 active max level players still subbing monthly, so they went free-to-play and launched a ton of events and bam, huge surge of new players.

The same will happen to Wildstar, it's inevitable, there is no recovery for this pay-to-play model now that all the initial excitement is gone and the only thing that is coming up is problem after problem, and ignoring a quarter of the game's population (PvPers). They will just have to go F2P to allow the game to survive which is unfortunate but too late to fix now.

Another thing to keep in mind is the many upcoming MMOs in 2015. A lot of them can steal players from Wildstar and truly kill this game if it hasn't gone F2P in time and already obtained a new group of players that will stick to the game. For example, Blade & Soul is on track to be released in 2015 and as most of you know the publisher is NCSoft, wonder what that will do to Wildstar if it's still going with this model it has now?

hint hint nudge nudge Carbine...hint hint nudge nudge...

Our guild had tremendous success at SWTOR's PvP scene after game's launch (there were e-sports back then, in that game). The game died for lack of fixes, imbalanced pvp, broken mechanics etc. It really died. Then they used the F2P model with sub exclusive advantages. Now it has more than 1 million players playing it.

WildStar should go F2P with exclusive advantages to sub + cosmetic shops. They can actually make much more money that way. Especially from CREDD > Platinum convertion, lots and lots of players will actually purchase CREDD for in game currency. That's always the case.

Idk if this is the place to talk about it though. But it's of course so sad to see this game dying. Devs can't fix anything atm.

WARMONGER Skulm (GM) www.warmongergaming.com

Skulm YouTube: https://www.youtube....er/SelimOnengut

EU 3v3 Arena Rank 1