294 replies to this topic

#1 ThaCheez

ThaCheez

Community and Creative Content Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:57 PM

Hello all,

We are aware of the gold exploit feedback that has been circulating social media and the forums.  At this point, we are working to get a hotfix put together as soon as possible.  A rollback will not be necessary at this time; the current scope of abuse is not outside our ability to manually correct where necessary.  Please understand, if you have abused this exploit, we will be taking action against your account.  As you all know, we take exploits seriously and will not hesitate to lifetime ban accounts that have been caught abusing any exploits.

That being said, if you have used this exploit - you have 24 hours to contact Customer Support.  They will confiscate your exploited items and reduce your punishment.  This is a one-time offer, I suggest you take it.

I will be posting more info as I have it.   

UPDATE 8:45pm PST: We have disabled gardening in order to prevent further abuse.  Read details here.

Tony Rey

Community & Creative Content Manager

Dem Tweets

#2 Nike Online

Nike Online
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:00 PM

I should roll an Esper. I feel especially psychic today ;).

Posted about 1 minute before this thread:

Lets put roll backs into context: assuming we take them at their word they have 200k subscribers with a base cost of 15 dollars per month, every free day they have to give out as a result of roll backs is literally $100,000 pissed into the wind. With this having spun up 2 days ago, we're already looking at over a quarter of a million dollars GONE if they resort to rollbacks.

That's how far down the apocalypse flowchart things have to fall before they even vaguely consider it. Bans, fixes, and detangling the marketplace by hand if necessary are WAY less damaging to the company than the poison cocktail of days of free game time + every innocent player in the game having their legitimate activities erased back to patch day + plus the bad press field day of the Drop 3 being delayed two months for bug fixes only to contain the most degenerate bugs to date.

Seriously, let them get out a mop and a dust pan rather than leaping straight for the nuclear option ;).

• Tree Fiddy likes this

#3 Antiabz

Antiabz
  • Members
  • LocationUk

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

Sounds like a good solution :)

#4 henzilla

henzilla
  • Members
  • LocationCA, USA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

yay \o/ As we all know a rollback would have hurt Tony the most. o/

#5 Kimaria Wintermoon

Kimaria Wintermoon
  • Members
  • LocationOregon

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:05 PM

Thank You for the update!

"Lead me not to temptation...I can find it myself! "

#6 mirta000

mirta000
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

yay, I get to keep my quest progress in the Defile! :D

• Antiabz and beattlebilly like this

http://the-unknowns.eu/ we have a side thing going on on Luminai. We have some serious guilds for Blade and Soul and Final Fantasy Realm Reborn, but you're welcome to join us on Wildstar just for funzies too :)

#7 Coldin

Coldin
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

Good to hear you're doing something. Hope those exploiters burn. :)

But, this doesn't address the other problems here. What about all the items purchased with the gold created? Or the CREDD? Prices have over doubled as it has been rapidly purchased.

• yasfan likes this

Coldin Windfall - Entity - Roleplayer and Raider

Avatar Artwork courtesy of Sly - http://straycatsketch.tumblr.com/

#8 Frezz

Frezz
  • Members
  • LocationCheese Head Land

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:09 PM

So carbine makes tons of money off credd due to market going nuts. 

Real reason for no roll back. Carbine just made a TON OF MONEY since players bought credd. I know of tons of people who bought it today just because of high prices.

• yasfan and Daleth like this
RIP PVP - Never Forget MuffinMan - 10/23/14
Tikkun Olam - Neverheals, Neverdie, Neverlives
Twitch.tv/Youtube - North Africa #1 Dominion PVP Guild

#9 Rummie

Rummie
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

Hello all,

We are aware of the gold exploit feedback that has been circulating social media and the forums.  At this point, we are working to get a hotfix put together as soon as possible.  A rollback will not be necessary at this time; the current scope of abuse is not outside our ability to manually correct where necessary.  Please understand, if you have abused this exploit, we will be taking action against your account.  As you all know, we take exploits seriously and will not hesitate to lifetime ban accounts that have been caught abusing any exploits.

That being said, if you have used this exploit - you have 24 hours to contact Customer Support.  They will confiscate your exploited items and reduce your punishment.  This is a one-time offer, I suggest you take it.

I will be posting more info as I have it.   

Thanks for the response, Tony.

This is the best option - by far. I really have no sympathy for the people who *cupcake*ed the economy, but at least you guys are giving them a chance. I'm sure it'll be funny to read through the emails of people groveling for their account. 

Miss Shootie (Stabbie) GM of <DO NOT PANIC>

recruiting people and stuff

#10 Zennfar

Zennfar
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

Wonder just how reduced the punishment for these guys will be for cooperating. I realize it will make it more convenient to clean the market with them turning themselves in, but... If they're not catching a lifetime ban, I feel something should be done so their crime is permanently visible to the community. Maybe force renaming them to have "cheater" in their name?

#11 Spythe

Spythe
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

So when will ban actually go out? The next few days should be interesting.

Spythe | Dominion(Entity - PvE) | Spellslinger

<Enigma>

https://www.youtube.com/user/spythe

#12 Sneakie

Sneakie
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for updating us Tony, go gettem!

#13 Frezz

Frezz
  • Members
  • LocationCheese Head Land

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

So when will ban actually go out? The next few days should be interesting.

LOL some guild you might know has tons of exploits but carbine turns the blind eye at them. But you all seem to stay around. Why they are making this "deal" since they play double standards. Wildstar will be officially dead I think soon enough for how wide spread this issue seems to be. Just a matter of time.

They sold 28,000 yen worth last Quater and only 16,000 so far now. Game isn't doing good at all. 

http://i.imgur.com/AVPKAKk.png   <---------------- Sales Report

RIP PVP - Never Forget MuffinMan - 10/23/14
Tikkun Olam - Neverheals, Neverdie, Neverlives
Twitch.tv/Youtube - North Africa #1 Dominion PVP Guild

#14 zombiechan

zombiechan
  • Members
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

Really glad the way you guys are handleing this. Thanks for the post Tony.

"Anyhoo, Tizgo has been stung about seven hundred times so far. Can't feel pain anymore. Mouth only thing moving... and... not easy. So good job... Duke... Dumb-face. Killed us for... tea" - Tizgo Gopp

Adrian Denan(Mordesh Stalker) && Rax Zarmixx(Chua Engineer) && Mako Razorhorn (Draken Warrior)

RIP Warbringer (and Warhound)(Nvm Warhound is dead again)  :(

#15 MacHaggis

MacHaggis
  • Guests
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

So carbine makes tons of money off credd due to market going nuts. 

Real reason for no roll back. Carbine just made a TON OF MONEY since players bought credd. I know of tons of people who bought it today just because of high prices.

Or maybe, just maybe, because both the players and the devs want to avoid a rollback right after a content patch at all cost. Have a guess.

• Antiabz and zombiechan like this

#16 Bende Senin

Bende Senin
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

yay! no rollback!

(i start 2 days ago and i played 22+ hours =). rollback can kill my all account! )

i hate bots and leechers!

#17 Greenkitten

Greenkitten
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

Asking people to report themselves sounds like you're not at all sure that you can find everyone who exploited and fix everything.

I also really doubt that you can manually correct the already broken economies without doing a rollback. This exploit touched a lot of things.

But we'll see, I hope it will work out but I'm sceptical. 

#18 Gungan

Gungan
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

Cool.  Pretty much what I expected.

#19 Rummie

Rummie
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

LOL some guild you might know has tons of exploits but carbine turns the blind eye at them. But you all seem to stay around. Why they are making this "deal" since they play double standards. Wildstar will be officially dead I think soon enough for how wide spread this issue seems to be. Just a matter of time.

lol daed gaem rite guys?

*punches on keyboard to post more sick slams on the video game forum I hate and tips fedora*

• Antiabz likes this

Miss Shootie (Stabbie) GM of <DO NOT PANIC>

recruiting people and stuff

#20 Spythe

Spythe
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

LOL some guild you might know has tons of exploits but carbine turns the blind eye at them.

Plz inform of the "tons of exploit" looking for a good read. Want a 10/10

• dinwitt, BroFistForLife and henzilla like this

Spythe | Dominion(Entity - PvE) | Spellslinger

<Enigma>

https://www.youtube.com/user/spythe