• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 CRB_MrSmiley

CRB_MrSmiley

Game Support Supervisor

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

Hey Everyone,

I want to remind you all of Carbine’s stance on game-breaking exploits in WildStar. If you find a game system that seems to be providing rewards beyond what is reasonable, or can be manipulated to provide rewards beyond what is reasonable, it is your responsibility to report it to the CS or Community team and STOP using the exploit. While we understand that finding a quick way to boost your character can be exciting and the natural inclination may be to take advantage of it because it’s “just a game,” it is ultimately bad for the entire WildStar community if the abuse continues.

“What is reasonable?” you may ask. While not every player is a game designer or a mathematician, most can understand the concept of risk versus reward. The more risky or challenging an endeavor, the better the rewards should be. The flip side of that is that the more rewarding an endeavor, the riskier or more challenging it should be. If something is very easy or quickly repeatable in a short time, but gives out substantial rewards, it’s probably not working as intended. When in doubt, put in a ticket to ask Support, or contact Community via TheRedPhone@carbinestudios.com . Please DO NOT post in a public forum thread that will be visible to other players, as that can lead to the replication of the exploit, which can lead to wider suspensions or closures, which is ultimately bad for the entire community, as it impacts population.

If you choose to abuse an exploit you may be actioned, up to and including account closure. It pains me to have to write a message like this but we have had multiple incidents of players deciding that their own personal gain was more important than fair play alongside their fellow players, and we cannot have that.

#2 Eclips

Eclips
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

So will you be making a statement about a rollback?  I don't really think that telling people exploiting is bad is really effective.  I'm pretty sure that everyone knows its exploiting and they're doing it anyway.

You need to respond with an issue of how to fix the situation, not telling the bad people not to be bad.

twitch.tv/eclipsgaming  /// youtube /// builds available on twitch, follow me!

"I just replied to this thread to make clear that if you implement this 50% crit chance increase after leaving stealth, would be the dumbest thing you could ever do for stalkers (pvp wise)" - Thirborn

#3 Spythe

Spythe
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:28 PM

Interesting

Spythe | Dominion(Entity - PvE) | Spellslinger

<Enigma>

https://www.youtube.com/user/spythe

#4 Minge

Minge
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

There seriously needs to be a rollback or I will be unsubbing.  This is ridiculous.  

• SamuelJackson likes this

#5 Eclips

Eclips
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:38 PM

Hello take down the CREDD servers / actual servers please

"I just replied to this thread to make clear that if you implement this 50% crit chance increase after leaving stealth, would be the dumbest thing you could ever do for stalkers (pvp wise)" - Thirborn

#6 Razhork

Razhork
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:40 PM

In general, will we see more action against exploiters? Honestly as much as some people consider it a generosity of Carbine not to straight out ban exploiters as there might be circumstances we're not aware of, I think it's infuriating as all hell to see such behaviour almost straight out being accepted by Carbine. Again, action speaks louder than words. The only exploit I've seen anyone get banned for was the Discharge exploit and possibly the Reap exploit. There has however been a plethora of exploits in the past and recently that's being overlooked (concerns the raiding scene as well). 

Nobody is above the law, even if they're your customers. 

EDIT: Also please for the love of god do a rollback or something alike. I basically lived off of Credd until now, so seeing prices fluctuate to 30 plat is disheartening and drive certain players away from the game. 30 plat is not feasible for even some of the most hardcore farmers. 

• SamuelJackson and Sno White like this

Raz hork  ZhurAscendancy / Jabbit EU

Warrior DPS - the 35% rampage reset was not a lie - Illuminati II TT gone = Wildstar gone 

#7 Frezz

Frezz
  • Members
  • LocationCheese Head Land

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

Seems they are doing what? Take game down so you can fix this issue.

Other top guilds on the PVE server exploit and carbine lets they stay. (Insert #1 Entiy PVE guild) can do what ever they want so its going to be hard to see such a double standard put in place here.

RIP PVP - Never Forget MuffinMan - 10/23/14
Tikkun Olam - Neverheals, Neverdie, Neverlives
Twitch.tv/Youtube - North Africa #1 Dominion PVP Guild

#8 RoRo

RoRo
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:40 PM

Take down the servers now to prevent future damage...

#9 SamuelJackson

SamuelJackson
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

You need to rollback the server. If you don't, you've really lost any sense you may have had...

There is no way you can leave the economy in the state it is in. Thousands of plat were produced and injected into the economy and all the high class item like ability/amp unlocks, rune fragments, eldan modules/flux, and credd, were all bought out and completely destroyed..and all the sellers of those got the 'counterfeit plat'. 

Just rollback, there will be a handful of complaints from exploiters, the rest will be happy that the game isn't destroyed.

• Typrop and Eclips like this

Samuel Jackson of Warhound - www.twitch.tv/dArigs  - Healslinger Arena PvP

#10 xXAlucard

xXAlucard
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

Does this mean that warriors who use third-party programs or third-party scripts to automate hitting certain procs in their rotation will be detected and permanently banned?

Hypothetically asking, of course.  It's not like I know of anyone who uses a third party program to give them an unfair advantage on a daily basis and has yet to have any action taken against them.

Though it's kind of late, it would be a huge step in the right direction to see a redacted report (that just included a number and not names) of players that were banned for exploits and/or the use of illegal third-party programs (that automate gameplay).  Final Fantasy XIV does this-- it's one of the few things I think they did right, to let the community know action is indeed being taken (and not just an empty warning).  But, to be fair, they could have completely made up those reports each week for all I know.

[Hindsight] Britney Spears (warrior in training)

#11 Typrop

Typrop
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

Yeah....

as much as I don't usually hop into the bandwagon I'm gonna go ahead and agree that rollbacks are in order....

Tealful Eyes | Bonedancer Maktri

#12 Frezz

Frezz
  • Members
  • LocationCheese Head Land

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:58 PM

What I also want to know is we wait 3 months for this buggy as drop. Why did we even wait?

RIP PVP - Never Forget MuffinMan - 10/23/14
Tikkun Olam - Neverheals, Neverdie, Neverlives
Twitch.tv/Youtube - North Africa #1 Dominion PVP Guild

#13 henzilla

henzilla
  • Members
  • LocationCA, USA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

Rollback, let the perma ban hammer drop where it should. The exploiters knew what they were doing. 

• Typrop likes this

#14 Chronic7

Chronic7
  • Members
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:06 PM

Please for the love of god rollback and ban those who are doing this..

• Typrop likes this

<The Crimson Cross 8/9 DS> Brain Freeze SS DPS
Never judge someone without knowing the whole story. You may think you understand but you don't.
Clean & Free of drugs and alcohol since 4/28/2015.

#15 Ecstasy

Ecstasy
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

I support the rollback

• Typrop likes this

Daddy Ecstasy 2500+ |  Stalker Ecstasy 2150+ |  Not Ecstasy 2040+

MISTAKES WERE MADE

www.youtube.com/EcstasyPVP

#16 SinfulPanda

SinfulPanda
  • Members
  • LocationBoston

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:06 PM

Whatever this is, is not OK.

I also will not be OK with letting people keep their proceeds unless you hand out plat to everyone so we can all afford the new economy.

#17 Tesseract Prime

Tesseract Prime
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

Some cupcakes are about to get baked.

• henzilla likes this

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.

#18 Eclips

Eclips
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:08 PM

I'll take full AMP / Ability Points and 100 runic modules as compensation if you're not going to rollback.

• Tankanidis likes this

#19 Zykezero

Zykezero
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:08 PM

Ban the people who abused the exploit, but everyone else was farming for modules so I won't be happy if my time was wasted like that. Perhaps mailing everyone an amount of modules? I don't know.

Edited by BusterCasey, 13 November 2014 - 01:11 PM.
Language

#20 Spyritus

Spyritus
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:10 PM

entity, warhound credd prices 30plat in a single morning, carbine you need to do something like NOW!