Photo

[Tournament] Ganksgiving is here! Nov. 22nd and 23rd! Sign-Up now!

Tournament eSports PvP Ganksgiving

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:16 AM

bWSGN4t.jpg?1

Announcement Trailer!

https://www.youtube....ture=youtu.be

Ganksgiving is here! After years and years of cultivating the land and sowing the soil we finally have reach the yield we are looking for! Thankfully all of what I just said was complete and total BS. Ganksgiving will be held on Nov. 22nd and 23rd and will feature a 1 vs 1 style of tournament play. Each player is allowed to bring 2 different LAS's with them. Sadly due to copyright laws full healing builds are not permitted and should not be used with out express vocal or written consent of the PCC(Protostar Communications Commission). Any illegal use or distribution of those LAS will most likely drown you in lawyers, no one likes that.

Matches will be played in a double elimination, fight to the death, arena style, combat explosion! Each match will consist of 3 rounds. The semi-finals will be best of 5 and the Grand Finals will be a best of 7. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. The rest of you don't get anything because you didn't win, deal with it! The entry fee for the tournament will be 25 gold with the options to donate more to the prize pool! Each faction will have its own prize pool and arena set forth by the tournament organizer.

To ensure the tournament is 100% fair everyone will be naked, that's right naked! Costumes are encouraged but going commando is also encouraged. Each player is required to only use the level 50 blue weapon you are able to acquire without any rating.

Sign-Ups are open from now till next Wednesday(Nov. 19th) Please remember that you must follow the rules set in place by the tournament organizers and its admins. You can view the full list of rules here https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing.

If you wish to be added as a sponsor or donate to the prize pool please contact me via forum PMs.

The staff here at ganksgiving and the PCC can not promise that you will not suffer any loss of limbs, elevated blood pressure, the erg to punch small animals, loss of your left toe, the need to rob a bank, depression, chronic gas, your ability to speak, swallow food, paying for hospital bills, loss of life, loss of a heartbeat, remembering who you are, the need for sudden attractiveness to chua, creating a rip in the fabric of space, causing the lopp rebellion, etc....

Dates

November 22nd and 23rd

Tournament Start Time

2pm EST / 11am PST

Level Requirement

Gear Requirement

Level 50 blue weapon

ALL OTHER GEAR MUST BE REMOVED!

Costumes are permitted

Entry Fee

25 gold

Server/Region

Warhound / NA

Livestream

http://www.twitch.tv/bazeleel

Sponsors

Strange Tales from Outer Space

Warhound Events

Warpath Gaming

Kelzam

Mayor DasMoose

The Wildstar community

The Rowsdower Labor union

This really small text

• Aera, zombiechan, Nifty Engi and 3 others like this

#2 Olivar

Olivar
  • Members
  • LocationSpace Lagomorph

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:17 AM

Chua wish best of luck with event ;)

• Bazeleel likes this

#3 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:40 AM

Chua wish best of luck with event ;)

Thank you :D

#4 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:45 AM

O.o if this donation holds true, Dominion prize pool is 50 plat so far! Damn!

• Tree Fiddy likes this

#5 Flo X

Flo X
  • Members
  • Locationcalifornialand

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:20 AM

Can't wait!! This prize pool is going to be crazy, I will pony up some myself... Maybe offer up a credd giveaway too. :D

We'll have a handful of other folks from Warhound Events cross-faction streaming our perspective too. Bazeleel is of course the primary stream, though.

A lot of folks who were behind the Wildstar Fighting Championship are offering their help with this, which is fantastic as they have the logistics Dominon side already established. It'll be a great time for all on Warhound! :)

• Tree Fiddy likes this

#6 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

Can't wait!! This prize pool is going to be crazy, I will pony up some myself... Maybe offer up a credd giveaway too. :D

We'll have a handful of other folks from Warhound Events cross-faction streaming our perspective too. Bazeleel is of course the primary stream, though.

A lot of folks who were behind the Wildstar Fighting Championship are offering their help with this, which is fantastic as they have the logistics Dominon side already established. It'll be a great time for all on Warhound! :)

I cant stop anyone from streaming it but id like to keep it on 1 stream because of how the tournament production will be streamed :D

#7 Flo X

Flo X
  • Members
  • Locationcalifornialand

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:53 AM

Oh I get what you're suggesting, but I meant directing/advertising everybody to your stream while also having background streams for those interested for different perspectives.

As with any gaming events/esports I watch, I personally have few of the participant streams muted live, with focus/audio on the primary stream.

And then later on the pile of footage is always a goldmine for those doing the event.

#8 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:57 AM

Oh I get what you're suggesting, but I meant directing/advertising everybody to your stream while also having background streams for those interested for different perspectives.

As with any gaming events/esports I watch, I personally have few of the participant streams muted live, with focus/audio on the primary stream.

And then later on the pile of footage is always a goldmine for those doing the event.

Ofc :D Ill be talking with everyone involved this week! Let me know what day and time is good for your side of things. Any day after 7 pm EST if good for me.

• Flo X likes this

#9 Flo X

Flo X
  • Members
  • Locationcalifornialand

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:37 AM

Cool, will do. Still figuring out what spec I wanna use, so I'll be registering a bit later myself for this. :)

#10 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:18 AM

Updated the rules and requirements for the tournament! Everyone will be dueling 100% nude! This is to remove any issues with people that have 1800 gear vsing people that do not.

#11 Ecstasy

Ecstasy
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:03 PM

I liked the idea of this contest but just as much as carbine you seem to understand balance. Congrats to the winning esper whoever the esper may be so long as they can have bolster/deer. Im testing it now to see if espers will be beatable but most likely doubt it. 

Edit: Yeap 95% congrats to the esper if its literally only the weapon and no gadgets and etc.

Daddy Ecstasy 2500+ |  Stalker Ecstasy 2150+ |  Not Ecstasy 2040+

MISTAKES WERE MADE

www.youtube.com/EcstasyPVP

#12 Flo X

Flo X
  • Members
  • Locationcalifornialand

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

I liked the idea of this contest but just as much as carbine you seem to understand balance. Congrats to the winning esper whoever the esper may be so long as they can have bolster/deer. Im testing it now to see if espers will be beatable but most likely doubt it. 

Edit: Yeap 95% congrats to the esper if its literally only the weapon and no gadgets and etc.

Rules aren't final. I'll be joining Baz in a round table discussion of sorts, with a lot of key figures in this event over the weekend. I'm certain Baz will be going much further indepth on Ganksgiving details closer to the event. If you wish to voice your thoughts on the matter, feel free to post them on the Warhound Events website and bepulse/stabbie and I will address it for you. I'd like to do a twitch livestream discussion for folks to participate in at some point, but I haven't brought that up with Baz (he's leading/running this) so we'll see.

Right now is just the obvious/basic stuff. I would reserve judgement until monday. :)

#13 GearaStar

GearaStar
  • Members
  • Locationmidwest USA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:06 PM

That looks fun I am going to try to watch it on the live stream! Im Entity server.

#14 Ecstasy

Ecstasy
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

Between absorbs, bolster, and deer heal the judgement is already done. I 1v1'd a esper(Krys) Probably one of the best for an hour and could not get her below 30% it is just too much. I entered just Espers are the 1v1 gods. The only thing else is possibly stalkers. Should of dropped it into brackets based on gear and restricted some abilities and what not. Maybe in the future since this is kind of close and who knows after today the game might be officially over pretty much. If it does not die and things move on message me and ill help with the next tourney balance wise.

Pretty much no way to make 1v1 balanced. Im still gonna compete but most likely get knocked out by the first good esper/medic.

Daddy Ecstasy 2500+ |  Stalker Ecstasy 2150+ |  Not Ecstasy 2040+

MISTAKES WERE MADE

www.youtube.com/EcstasyPVP

#15 Nuclearbleach

Nuclearbleach
  • Members

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:01 AM

Any chance of something like this coming to Entity?  Sounds like a blast and I'd love to participate!

Streaming almost everyday, WildStar raiding Tues-Thurs!

(~*o*)~ Mah Twitch & Mah Twitter ~(*o*~)

Super Rad - Stalker Tank/DPS

#16 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:26 PM

Any chance of something like this coming to Entity?  Sounds like a blast and I'd love to participate!

There is a plan in the works yes :D

#17 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:37 AM

#18 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:09 AM

Announcement Trailer! https://www.youtube....ture=youtu.be

#19 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:27 AM

Prize pool update:

Currently assuming everyone will donate the amounts they told me. This could very well change. Prize pool is able to reach higher numbers even while the tournament is happening.

Exile Prize Pool

3plat 70 gold

Fabkit: Flying saucer, Low Grav pad, Customization station, Meditation Spot fabkit, Magma Flow Fabkit, Expedition Abandoned Eldan Test Lab

Grand Poohbot Fez costume piece!

Dominion Prize Pool

81 Plat

#20 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:51 AM

Exile Brackets are up! http://challonge.com/Ganksgiving_Exile

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tournament, eSports, PvP, Ganksgiving