PvP Rating Reset Title Eligibility

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 CRB_Meerkat

CRB_Meerkat
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

Greetings PvP’ers!

As previously announced, with the upcoming patch, Mystery of the Genesis Prime, we will be clearing personal and team ratings. As a reward for players that have reached the upper echelon of rankings, they will earn the title “The Dedicated Fighter” for Rated Arenas and “The Persistent Pugilist” for Rated Battlegrounds.

The cutoff for titles is set at the following personal ratings for each bracket, and approximately represents the top 1% of all players in each bracket. Please note that these are personal ratings, and not the team rating.

North America

• 2 v 2: 2114
  • 3 v 3: 1823
  • 5 v 5: 1868
  • Rated Battlegrounds:1680

Europe

• 2 v 2:1982
  • 3 v 3:1831
  • 5 v 5:1828
  • Rated Battlegrounds:1702

In order to be eligible for your title, your personal rating in the specified bracket must be greater than or equal to the cutoffs listed above. We will be determining which players are eligible for titles when the servers come down for the Mystery of the Genesis Prime update. The rating cutoffs will not change, so any rating changes from now until the update goes live will count towards title eligibility. At present, our plan is to reward titles by the time the servers come back up, but they may end up being delivered with the next week’s maintenance if issues arise.

We look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

Steven Engle - Lead Combat Designer - Carbine Studios
Wildstar Forums - CRB_Meerkat
Reddit - CRB_Steven
Twitch - Crb_Sengle
Twitter - Steven_Engle

#2 Frezz

Frezz
  • Members
  • LocationCheese Head Land

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

Damn I didn't realize win traders get top rank yet in 5s and 3s..............

RIP PVP - Never Forget MuffinMan - 10/23/14
Tikkun Olam - Neverheals, Neverdie, Neverlives
Twitch.tv/Youtube - North Africa #1 Dominion PVP Guild

#3 Wonderpumkin

Wonderpumkin
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

those names tho can u change it?

• TheBorgQueen likes this

ɹıɐ ןǝq pǝןןɐɔ uʍoʇ ɐ ɟo ǝɔuıɹd ǝɥʇ ǝɯɐɔǝq ı ʍoɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ ןן,ı
ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇɥbıɹ ʇıs ʇsnظ
ǝʇnuıɯ ɐ ǝʞɐʇ oʇ ǝʞıן p,ı puɐ
uʍop ǝpısdn pǝuɹnʇ-pǝddıןɟ ʇob ǝɟıן ʎɯ
ʍoɥ ʇnoqɐ ןןɐ ʎɹoʇs ɐ sı sıɥʇ 'ʍou

#4 Ecstasy

Ecstasy
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:00 PM

This is what i argued for? Lower than the 2200 Tyrant title. GG Voice was heard... But it was not worth it. Next time ill listen to you wonder.

Daddy Ecstasy 2500+ |  Stalker Ecstasy 2150+ |  Not Ecstasy 2040+

MISTAKES WERE MADE

www.youtube.com/EcstasyPVP

#5 Eclips

Eclips
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:27 PM

Well Steven Engle, you and CRB just let us know when you plan on taking pvp in this game seriously.  We'll just be playing other games / rng rolling pvp gear to pass the time.

• mirta000, TheBorgQueen and KrysL like this

twitch.tv/eclipsgaming  /// youtube /// builds available on twitch, follow me!

"I just replied to this thread to make clear that if you implement this 50% crit chance increase after leaving stealth, would be the dumbest thing you could ever do for stalkers (pvp wise)" - Thirborn

#6 Cataract

Cataract
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

Rated Battlegrounds:1702

Seriously ... all players will have the title ...

Not another title for Top 5 or Top 10 ? -_-

I really prefer my "Battleground Badass" Title than this, but it's ok. Thanx for this title anyway ...

CaTa RacT | Medic Heal | Jabbit EU ~ Mr CaTaRacT | Engineer | Jabbit EU

PvP S1 : EU RBG Rank #2 (2315) - PvP S1.5 : EU RBG Rank #1 (2431)

Leader of Dominion PvP Circle

#7 SamuelJackson

SamuelJackson
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

Another example of Carine's disconnection from the PvP crowd.

Why don't you at least give extra titles to top 5 or top 10, or something like 2500+ rating? 

Honestly how did it make sense to give a reward to a rating cutoff of 2114 when the 2200 title already exists?

Looks like more time was spent designing turbans, which don't even fit with Wildstar's sci-fi theme, instead of giving an ounce of attention to the PvP crowd. 

First leaderboards, now this...

Man...what a letdown. 

Samuel Jackson of Warhound - www.twitch.tv/dArigs  - Healslinger Arena PvP

#8 Zybak

Zybak
  • Guests
  • Location'MURICA

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

Que up boys!

Join the other 75,000 people and subscribe to my YouTube channel        Twitch        Twitter        Facebook

<ENIGMA> Fighting the good fight against the Redcoats *Eugenic*

#9 Kalza

Kalza
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

0/10 Title reward

0/10 Elo Cut off

and seriously giving titles to people in 3s, and 5s?

#10 Zybak

Zybak
  • Guests
  • Location'MURICA

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

Nobody's even queing so don't bother lol. This is dumb XD

Join the other 75,000 people and subscribe to my YouTube channel        Twitch        Twitter        Facebook

#11 Ticon

Ticon
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:56 PM

this is a joke , right?

#12 Anton

Anton
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

You PVPers are the worst sort of people.

#13 Eclips

Eclips
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:20 PM

You PVPers are the worst sort of people.

I know it looks like we're just shitting on every thing that CRB says to us as PvPers, but it's really not like that.

It's like your grandma washes one of your favorite sweaters and ruins it. She feels bad so she asks you your favorite color and tells you she's going to knit you a new sweater.  You tell her your favorite color is green and you like warm and frilly ones, and she says that she'll have the sweater for you on Halloween since it's cold this year.

Halloween comes and goes and your grandma promises you that she just needs more time on the sweater.  So you wait, and on Thanksgiving grandma gives you a present.   You open the present and inside is a pair of knit blue socks.

So now you're standing there in front of grandma while she is so excited and all you can think to yourself is where the hell is my sweater and why the heck did she ask me what my favorite color is if she's going to use blue anyway.  Even better the socks are full of holes because grandma cant knit to save her life and they aren't warm and kind of itches a little bit.

So that's basically where we are, still wondering where the sweater is and why the hell we have blue socks and what the *cupcake*is really wrong with grandma is she really that senile?

• Anton and PlasmaJohn like this

twitch.tv/eclipsgaming  /// youtube /// builds available on twitch, follow me!

"I just replied to this thread to make clear that if you implement this 50% crit chance increase after leaving stealth, would be the dumbest thing you could ever do for stalkers (pvp wise)" - Thirborn

#14 SamuelJackson

SamuelJackson
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

So you wait, and on Thanksgiving grandma gives you a present.   You open the present and inside is a pair of knit blue socks.

So now you're standing there in front of grandma while she is so excited and all you can think to yourself is where the hell is my sweater and why the heck did she ask me what my favorite color is if she's going to use blue anyway.  Even better the socks are full of holes because grandma cant knit to save her life and they aren't warm and kind of itches a little bit.

So that's basically where we are, still wondering where the sweater is and why the hell we have blue socks and what the *cupcake*is really wrong with grandma is she really that senile?

She didn't even knit us a pair of socks, she knit us a single sock. That's closer to how Carbine's understanding of PvP is in their own game. They knit for their players a single sock and let 'em have it, 'cause obviously they'll love it!

• PlasmaJohn and TheBorgQueen like this

Samuel Jackson of Warhound - www.twitch.tv/dArigs  - Healslinger Arena PvP

#15 Seryss

Seryss
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:10 PM

I think the rating numbers they chose were top 5-10% which outside of 2's were obviously going to be low since there is no reason to win trade beyond 1800ish. If they go back and give top 10 players luminous equivars or whatever that's fine. Its going to be hard for them to justify not rewarding the BG, 3's and 5's too without openly admiting that the majority of players in those brackets were win traders, or cause a huge outcry if they did give them something.

So they're giving nothing but a title that anyone who win traded 3s etc. will not wear as a compromise to those who wanted recognition for the time and effort they put in while not rewarding those who cheated their ultimately broken system. 

I'm not sure what anyone expected from this really, it's a messed up situation and this is probably one of the better ways it could have been handled all things considered. I know several people posting here are players who may be receiving this title and were looking for more than a title that 50 other people got, and maybe a reward of some kind and feel shafted, but would you be okay with others who win traded getting it as well. We all know win trading etc even happened in 2's; queue sniping/dodging is super easy with the low arena pop. further reducing legitimacy, then there was the 4k rating warr lol.

Fix Catharsis

#16 Sylqt

Sylqt
  • Members
  • LocationSoggy Cardboard Box

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:30 AM

I think they tried to go on top percentages guys.

I know it seems like a slap in the face, but you'd be surprised how many pvp'ers were not able to attain that rating due to the pure discrepancy of real teams through 1400-1800 (trust me). I wasn't for a start, but I am happy a couple of my guildies were.

It's better than nothing, that's all I can say. (but having the titles lower than 2.2k title doesn't really make sense tbh)

[  Syl Qt  | Syl Cutie | Scientist ]

EU

#17 Zybak

Zybak
  • Guests
  • Location'MURICA

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:26 AM

Yea I'm pretty bummed that I couldn't get the title due to lack of ques.

Once I got to 2k ques completely stopped altogether. 

#18 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:13 AM

Still don't 100% agree that win traders should be given this title.

#19 zombiechan

zombiechan
  • Members
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:55 PM

Still don't 100% agree that win traders should be given this title.

Does it really matter that much? Titles are pretty much worthless except for the e-peen folks.

"Anyhoo, Tizgo has been stung about seven hundred times so far. Can't feel pain anymore. Mouth only thing moving... and... not easy. So good job... Duke... Dumb-face. Killed us for... tea" - Tizgo Gopp

Adrian Denan(Mordesh Stalker) && Rax Zarmixx(Chua Engineer) && Mako Razorhorn (Draken Warrior)

RIP Warbringer (and Warhound)(Nvm Warhound is dead again)  :(

#20 Adiieu

Adiieu
  • Members

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

didn't get my title with 1998 EU 2v2? :(

Adieu x

<Codex>