Question about drop 3 new decor

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Kunai

Kunai
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:59 AM

Will there be any new floors or walls? I ask because I'm currently building a space station and want a plain black wall or floor so the edges can't be seen when I join them all together
  • Naunet, Roda, carpesangrea and 1 other like this

Ando Vax

Chua | Medic

#2 carpesangrea

carpesangrea
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:41 AM

So much this.

#3 ZuberiGF

ZuberiGF
  • Members
  • LocationHalon Ring

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:47 PM

I've heard that there will be new decor items from the defile that are strain/exanite themed, but I haven't heard anything about more tech-based decor or building blocks.

As a suggestion, Captain Reurii used draken walls for some portions of her ship and it turned out quite well. In my own shipbuilding I've used a lot of cassian floors as floors and walls. If you overlap the tiles slightly it will cover the black edges so you get a pretty good seamless metal plates feel. 

Do the evil believe themselves to be evil?

#4 Kunai

Kunai
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:09 AM

I've heard that there will be new decor items from the defile that are strain/exanite themed, but I haven't heard anything about more tech-based decor or building blocks.

As a suggestion, Captain Reurii used draken walls for some portions of her ship and it turned out quite well. In my own shipbuilding I've used a lot of cassian floors as floors and walls. If you overlap the tiles slightly it will cover the black edges so you get a pretty good seamless metal plates feel.

The problem with using cassian floors is that you have to get the plates lined up perfectly because of the grid pattern that's on them. And this is virtually impossible to do because in certain areas of my claims the floor panels shrink without me touching them.
If we could get a few new floor panels of varying colours and finishes without patterns on them then I could do so many new things with my claim

Ando Vax

Chua | Medic

#5 carpesangrea

carpesangrea
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:06 AM

The problem with using cassian floors is that you have to get the plates lined up perfectly because of the grid pattern that's on them. And this is virtually impossible to do because in certain areas of my claims the floor panels shrink without me touching them.
If we could get a few new floor panels of varying colours and finishes without patterns on them then I could do so many new things with my claim

I posted on this exact problem months ago, with screenshots and everything.  Are you by any chance using the rocket ship?

#6 Kunai

Kunai
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:09 AM

I posted on this exact problem months ago, with screenshots and everything.  Are you by any chance using the rocket ship?

I am. 

certain area's close to my house were shrinking the size of the panels and making everything out of sync. 

Is there a work around?

Ando Vax

Chua | Medic

#7 Opeth7780

Opeth7780
  • Guests
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:48 AM

If you want black/grey walls, depending on how big you go and how you are using them you can use the travel posters scaled up. The back of them is black, they don't scale up as big as a wall, but still gets pretty large. might work for what you are looking to do. As far as the scaling near the ship, i haven't found any work around for that, i ended up using the chua floors since the cassians didn't line up right. 

• Kunai likes this

#8 Bathory Bane

Bathory Bane
  • Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:12 PM

I hate the bottom edges of the walls with a burning passion. Give me a simple straight wall, please.

• Kunai likes this

#9 carpesangrea

carpesangrea
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:49 AM

I am. 

certain area's close to my house were shrinking the size of the panels and making everything out of sync. 

Is there a work around?

Not that I've found.  I stopped using the rocket for this very reason.

#10 EsperXIV

EsperXIV
  • Members
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:52 AM

I believe the shrinking decor phenomenon only applies to the spaceship house we got. If you replace that house the problem should go away.

Also, someone posted datamined screenies of Exanite walls from a Drop 3 rep faction. Don't go thinking it's a done deal, but if you're after pale crystalline walls, you may be in luck.

#11 Kunai

Kunai
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:01 AM

I haven't yet started with my new claim for my warrior. Think I'll wait a couple of weeks and see what I'll have to play with after drop 3 and hopefully the spaceship bug will be fixed ^ ^

Ando Vax

Chua | Medic

#12 Enki

Enki
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:30 AM

New building blocks will be added in Drop 4 (there's new decor in Drop 3, but they aren't building blocks).

Drop 4 will include:

Windows (including clear glass panes)

Decking

Railing

Doors (frame-less doors that you can open)

Cylinders

Tubes

Curved Walls

Triangle Walls

Domes

Victoria Dollbaum
Social Systems Lead

#13 Kaeret

Kaeret
  • Members
  • LocationIn a garden...

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

New building blocks will be added in Drop 4 (there's new decor in Drop 3, but they aren't building blocks).

Drop 4 will include:

Decking

Railing

Cylinders

Tubes

Curved Walls

Triangle Walls

Domes

Very welcome news, Enki. Thanks for sharing! :)

• PlasmaJohn likes this

#14 EsperXIV

EsperXIV
  • Members
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:48 AM

Those all look amazing, Enki. So amazing that I'm dying inside thinking about drop 4 before drop 3 is even out! :P

I rolled an Exile alt the other day and was marveling at the giant pneumatic tube looking decor inside the Arkship. Very inspiring. Seeing tubes on your list now (especially if they're clear) makes me want to put myself in cryostasis for the next four months.

... anyone renting out a cryopod? -_-

#15 Vick

Vick
  • Members

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:28 AM

Drop 4 will include:

You mean the drop 4 that's now included with Drop 3, right, right...RIGHT? ;)

(I'm just being obnoxious, your post was clear...I can dream...)

Cannot wait to see some of those in-game. Curved walls! OMG...even the SIMS hasn't done that yet. :D

EDIT (b/c I can't help myself): Any chance we're going to see curved stair sections to match the curved walls? The curved wall sections are going to be smaller than quarter-circles, right (like 30- or 45-degree arcs maybe)?

Scaarinen Warbringer - 50 Chua Medic of The Skullkickers

Ray Beames (Draken Spellslinger) - Oni Geary (Mechari Engineer) - Vega Vitruvius (Cassian Stalker)

Leoni Clayshaper (Aurin Esper) - Skive Grimsaw (Mordesh Stalker) - Hyaline Libeskinned (Granok Warrior) - Ororo Munroe (Human Medic)

#16 Kelzam Duskthorn

Kelzam Duskthorn
  • Members
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:06 PM

Oh my god you're going to make me redo over half my plot, AREN'T YOU?  Aren't you?

I'm so excited for new building blocks, but so very sad that much of my plot would benefit from those >_<

Pfffft.  Sneak them into Drop 3?  Pretty please? xD

Housing Contests: ThaydFest I: Most Unique // Lifestyles 2: Best Exterior // WildStar Core Wintefest 2014 // Crimson Cross (RIP) Winterfest 2014 Best Overall // ThaydFest II Best Overall

About Me: 6/6 GA, 9/9 DS <Drow> (RIP); 7/7 RMT <The Flying Pandas>; WildStar-Core.com (RIP) Content WriterTwitter: @kelzamgaming; Tumblr: kelzamgaming; Twitch: KelzamGames;
Check out my guides and content at QueueTimes.com! Fresh Level 50 Player Guide: tinyurl.com/wsfresh50guide

#17 Kunai

Kunai
  • Members
  • LocationNexus

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:07 PM

Drop 4 will include:

Decking

Railing

Cylinders

Tubes

Curved Walls

Triangle Walls

Domes

While its a shame ill have to wait until drop 4 for some needed building blocks, at least now i can start building without fear of having to replace walls etc after drop 3. thx  ;)

Ando Vax

Chua | Medic

#18 elielisa

elielisa
  • Members

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

Drop 4? 

EliElisa - Guildleader of Aesir in wildstar!

http://smf.aoc-gaming.se/index.php

#19 tickles

tickles
  • Members

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:18 PM

Will you be making sure that similar existing items from the Architect profession are BoE, please, especially the windows?

• Drebble likes this

#20 Naunet

Naunet
  • Members

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

Auuuuuuuugh such awesomeness why do we have to wait until drop 4....!!!! DX

• Roda likes this
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunderstorm; and these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."