39 replies to this topic

#1 ThaCheez

ThaCheez

Community and Creative Content Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hello All,

In an effort to keep our standards high, and make sure we’re doing things the right way, we’re temporarily postponing PvP Leaderboards.

We’ve listened to your feedback; and when Leaderboards return, it is our goal that they will have their own dedicated webpage.  We’re also working on a system that will provide an automatic feed of current data that will have detailed stats, and will be totally interactive.

A draft version of this new Leaderboard is already being worked on.  By switching our bandwidth from the current operation to this new system, PvP Leaderboards will become what the community has always wanted them to be.

Tony Rey

Community & Creative Content Manager

Dem Tweets

#2 Ibuki

Ibuki
  • Members
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

You could just copy/paste last week's leaderboard, it would be very accurate.

Now, while I like the idea of having a real leaderboard, the PvP community is really waiting for a statement regarding the future of PvP. 

Do we have a new PvP lead, what happened to the weekly Q&A, are we going to see some meaningful changes?

• Scuols likes this

<Cpt Ibuki | Engineer | Exile> <Sgt Ibuki | Engineer | Dominion>

RBG rating 2420 , #1 world [Pre-Season 2014]

<Ricochet>

#3 Eclips

Eclips
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

Hello All,

In an effort to keep our standards high, and make sure we’re doing things the right way, we’re temporarily postponing PvP Leaderboards.

We’ve listened to your feedback; and when Leaderboards return, it is our goal that they will have their own dedicated webpage.  We’re also working on a system that will provide an automatic feed of current data that will have detailed stats, and will be totally interactive.

A draft version of this new Leaderboard is already being worked on.  By switching our bandwidth from the current operation to this new system, PvP Leaderboards will become what the community has always wanted them to be.

Hi Tony. I'm going to go ahead and quote you on this :  We’ve listened to your feedback; 

Have you though, really?  Those of us on the leaderboards know just how WORTHLESS they truly are.  It's good that you've taken them down, but not because of how poorly implemented they are.... but because they're invalid.  When you post the 5v5 leaderboards, you post wintraders, period.  NO ONE plays it, people only wintrade it.  I know you don't actually play this game, but some of us do.  There is no point in having leaderboards, until you listen to our feedback, and that's fix the stupid system.

I think it's really nice that you're going to have an interactive leaderboard that lets us check it and see how our ranks go up.  I don't think its nice that you're missing the point.  Of all the things you can choose to comment on given the state of PvP, I'm sorely depressed that it has anything to do with the word leaderboards in it.

I mean really, level with us here.  What are you even thinking about?  Are you aware that there is no integrity in the system, whatsoever?  Are you aware that there's no point in having a rating wipe until the core issues are fixed?   Are you aware that rating is trivial in the current system?  It's not an indicator of how well other people do against others, its an arbitrary goal number used to encourage people to cheat to a specific point, then quit pvping altogether until they've sufficiently RNG farmed.

Tony, seriously, DO YOUR JOB AND LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS.  I'm so tired of having to go back and forth with a company that screams, "The Devs are Listening," but doesn't even have a clue as to what's going on.  Do you really not get paid enough to care?

Let me direct you to the PvP forums, where there are plenty of valid concerns to view and comment:

https://forums.wilds...?/forum/36-pvp/

• Vork, HsoMMosH, bepulse and 2 others like this

twitch.tv/eclipsgaming  /// youtube /// builds available on twitch, follow me!

"I just replied to this thread to make clear that if you implement this 50% crit chance increase after leaving stealth, would be the dumbest thing you could ever do for stalkers (pvp wise)" - Thirborn

#4 SamuelJackson

SamuelJackson
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:40 PM

I hardly ever respond to Carbine posts but this one has topped the charts so badly that I can't let it go.

Hello All,

I'm sorry, keep your standards high? This game's PvP has been riddled with exploits, win trading, elo-boosting, tanking down to 100 rating and queuing with an 1800 to face only low rated teams, even straight up HACKS in arena (chargeshot spam hack), ridiculous imbalance in the old PvP 1200 and 1800 gear, and that's just the stuff I can immediately call to mind in this heated moment. When have standards ever been high that you'd like to maintain them? It is so hard to man up and admit you guys have fallen short of delivering a quality environment for the PvP crowd? Almost nothing, SINCE LAUNCH, has been working the way it should. 

You say you'd like to make sure you're doing things the right way....how is postponing PvP leaderboards doing that exactly? Are you worried about the masses of win-traders (who are inactive in the leaderboards, just sitting at the top with their 2200+ ratings) are making the game look bad? Is that it? If so, why in the world did you release leaderboards in the first place? Nothing has changed since you released them..in fact, the first leaderboard release had a guy with something like 4200 rating. Obviously the staff member who posted that leaderboards saw that and what did he think of it? Was it normal? Everyone at 2500 rating, one guy randomly 95% win rate at 4200 rating...yeah, let's post the leaderboards anyway with him on there. I mean it's as if you guys really didn't care how the leaderboards portrayed the game at all, but now you suddenly do? I liked the leaderboards. I used them as a means to find people to play with. Once I transferred over to PvE after being on Pergo since launch, it took me 2 weeks of searching until I found TWO people above 1500 (through looking at names on leaderboards for one guy, and randomly inspecting players in Thayd for the other guy). I'm not too concerned about the lack of PvPers on the PvE server, that's not my point - my point was, the leaderboards were pretty useful to someone like me and I actually liked watching myself climb and also seeing new names popup in the 2k+ bracket. 

But to maintain high standards, you're removing them. If you're going to reply to this part of my post, respond to this question - What exactly is removing leaderboards going to do to improve the PvP environment of this game?

We’ve listened to your feedback;.

Oh, is that so? Hmm...could you perhaps point me to some posts where people are asking for leaderboards to be removed, perhaps a post with valid justification? Uh, nevermind, none exist, let's not even bother trying to look for any. You guys have NOT listened to our feedback - nobody has given feedback of "remove leaderboards, it's the biggest problem in PvP!!". Come the *cupcake*on man.

and when Leaderboards return, it is our goal that they will have their own dedicated webpage.  We’re also working on a system that will provide an automatic feed of current data that will have detailed stats, and will be totally interactive.

Except you already have this on your side. You think we're all clueless? Some developers have already posted on these forums that you have this sort of system already existing that you yourself can monitor. Let's assume I'm wrong (for your sake)...how hard could it be to code up something that queries a database and displays the results in a table? Honestly, how hard do you think it is? I'm not going to assume you're a developer, but I am, so let me tell you that I could make a nice looking page with formatted data that has everything anyone would want to see in a leaderboard, and I could do it in under an hour. Not because I'm some professional, but because it's easy as shit. A few simple queries to dump all the data from the database, then parse it, then display it...just as you guys have been exporting them to CSV files, you can grab that data with a simple PHP script and display it just as easily. It's so easy to make this and automate it and have it being updated interactively, it makes no sense why it's been 5 months and it still doesn't exist and you guys have been manually exporting data to CSV files and putting them up for downloads...jesus.

By switching our bandwidth from the current operation to this new system, PvP Leaderboards will become what the community has always wanted them to be.

What in the world is this supposed to mean? Switching your bandwidth - do you mean your man-power? How in the world was it taking up a significant amount of resources to export data into a CSV file and upload them?

Why is this leaderboards page being worked on now when it's been something that could have been released WITH THE GAME?

Better yet, why are resources being devoted to that when so many more major problems exist in the PvP environment? If this is such an arduous task, shouldn't efforts be devoted places other than coding up a webpage? 

I mean honestly, if it's that difficult and time consuming, I'd rather have the person who is given the 1 month to code a single page stop what he's doing and spend that month brainstorming ways to prevent win trading and tanking and what have you. 

In the end, this post has just shown more and more how disconnected Carbine is from the PvP aspect of this game. Every single change you guys have done has been contrary to what the real PvPers know to be the better way to go about things. Just writing that last sentence reminded me of the great idea you guys had of randomizing rune slots...I mean in what world was that ever a good idea? Things were fine the way they were, why introduce a secondary grind? Nobody enjoys farming prestige. Do you know what the outcome was of you guys doing what you did? It definitely wasn't more battleground queue pops. No. It was people figuring out how to exploit Halls of Bloodsworn to get 5k prestige per game then getting their min-maxed rune slot gear and playing your system. That was the only outcome of your random rune slot BS. NOBODY asked for that random rune crap on PvP gear. NOBODY. Literally zero people. You cannot find a single person that said "Guys, I love this game, I wish you would remove the already great slots on the PvP gear and make them random so I have to grind for them and waste hours trying to get good rolls." For some reason this idea of "NOBODY SAID THAT" cannot get through to you guys, and you keep repeating that you're "listening", so I'm just going to repeat it a few more times maybe it will stick. NOBODY ASKED FOR RANDOM RUNE SLOTS. 

So again I ask - HOW are you listening?

• Amanda Hugenkiss, Bwack Jack and Eclips like this

Samuel Jackson of Warhound - www.twitch.tv/dArigs  - Healslinger Arena PvP

#5 Cataract

Cataract
  • Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:58 AM

The current leaderboard is useless. Why ? It's simple :

First : No RBG queue pop since 1-2 month / No Arenas 3v3 queue pop since 1 month or it's extremely rare / Only 2v2 is still possible / No comment 5v5 arena ... only wintrade.

Second : A lot of people in this leaderboard are stopped the game

Third : It's better to continue leaderboard AFTER reset rating because right now, it's just a wallpaper rememberring the good old days...

We see any change on the weekly ranking, it's the same.

So please, reset rating before you expect to release a new leaderboard.

• Ticon and WalzY like this

CaTa RacT | Medic Heal | Jabbit EU ~ Mr CaTaRacT | Engineer | Jabbit EU

PvP S1 : EU RBG Rank #2 (2315) - PvP S1.5 : EU RBG Rank #1 (2431)

Leader of Dominion PvP Circle

#6 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:45 AM

Hello All,

Thank you tony for the update. I am looking forward to seeing what the new leaderboard is going to be like. In terms everyone else being a total boob right now. Please remember that carbine is going through a restructure its going to take time for them to get everything in order.

Tony would it be possible to get any form of update on the PvP side of things? A lot of us are really trying to hold on to the last bit of breath we have for the PvP side of things. I know its coming but any kind of update for the PvP community would be greatly welcome :D

Happy Halloween!

• TheWeasel and Azzimov like this

#7 Abn

Abn
  • Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

It's time for positive reinforcement!

Good first step guys!  Let's keep those steps coming in the right direction!

• TheWeasel likes this
Potential Intensity
Exiles Entity PvX
Ask me about our PvP team!

#8 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

It's time for positive reinforcement!

Good first step guys!  Let's keep those steps coming in the right direction!

100% agree. Positivity always is the correct way to go. If you want to give feedback then do it in a constructive way please.

• Bwack Jack likes this

#9 Sylqt

Sylqt
  • Members
  • LocationSoggy Cardboard Box

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

Except the feedback given in this thread is constructive. Might be sore to take, but if they are restructuring maybe they will finally listen to some good criticisms and actually give us this "awesome pvp" we were promised in all the dev speaks, the trailers, all through beta, all the excitement that led up to what we have now.

PvP is still fun, but the win trading, the hacking, the cheating, the rating tanks, all the exploits... it kind of ruins it a bit, and the leaderboards show every single one of the exploiters.

• Kromulous likes this

[  Syl Qt  | Syl Cutie | Scientist ]

EU

#10 Cataract

Cataract
  • Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:46 AM

PvP is still fun, but the win trading, the hacking, the cheating, the rating tanks, all the exploits... it kind of ruins it a bit, and the leaderboards show every single one of the exploiters.

Are you serious ? Are you sure you're playing the same game ?

It's not because you're not on the leaderboard that others are cheaters ... you are so embittered  :rolleyes:

#11 Sylqt

Sylqt
  • Members
  • LocationSoggy Cardboard Box

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

Are you playing the same game? Go and have a look for yourself dude, some people wintraded their way up their, other are legit. I wasn't calling everyone out who is on the leaderboards (generally because quite a few of my friends are on there who worked damn hard to get there)

Or have you got a guilty conscience? Would explain your attitude.

EDIT: Also, why would I care if I'm on the leaderboards or not? I didn't even attempt to push ratings, I just played to have fun and I did. But seeing so many friends go through hell queueing up between 1300-1400mmr just to be stomped by rating tankers is not fun really, is it. There are people who got their place on that leaderboard unfairly, and whether you like it or not, they are there.

[  Syl Qt  | Syl Cutie | Scientist ]

EU

#12 Cataract

Cataract
  • Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

Or have you got a guilty conscience? Would explain your attitude.

Explain what ? I have 13 years of MMORPG behind me. So guilty of what ? I'm sorry to have more gameplay than you  :rolleyes:

#13 Ibuki

Ibuki
  • Members
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:05 PM

Let's just say that not everyone on the leaderboard is an exploiter, but a good lot of the players in 3s and 5s are.

I think the leaderboard was taken down because it was populated by players that stopped playing long ago.

There also seemed to be some problems with the name conversion displaying both old and new name.

It's just sad to see that they don't seem to have the capacity of copy/pasting the leaderboard on the homepage once a week WHILE working on an improved version.

<Cpt Ibuki | Engineer | Exile> <Sgt Ibuki | Engineer | Dominion>

RBG rating 2420 , #1 world [Pre-Season 2014]

<Ricochet>

#14 damo2113

damo2113
  • Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

No offence tony, but website leaderboards where meant to be a temporary fix while they where being implimented in game. Now it seems like they are here to stay. When they are in the game and attached to more than just pvp, they will be in the state the "community has been asking for".

#15 Seryss

Seryss
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

I kind of think they just went with something that was safe/easy to say "look we do care about pvp"

Making a leaderboard page is easy and wont break the game anymore than it already is unlike other pvp "fixes"

I think What the community is asking for more than anything is:

•  Remove rating from gear (rating for cosmetics is great)
  •  Introduce all omni slots or make elemental flux available for prestige.
  •  Make BG's cross faction. Better queue times for everyone, and while there will be premades it will help balance BG's overall. 

Do those 3 things you've reduced/eliminated gear gap, removed rng frustration, and improved queue times - your 3 biggest complaints. There are other issues that need worked on but those are the big three that need fixed ASAP.

Eventually you will have to start balancing classes for PvE  and PvP separately a fixall healing buff/reduction or all encompassing damage buff/reduction still leaves over performing classes at the top and the under performing at the bottom. 

• Bwack Jack likes this

Fix Catharsis

#16 Chewthetoy

Chewthetoy
  • Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:30 AM

Hello All,

So if disabling leader boards is keeping your standards high...... then you're clearly blind. You have ignored the PVPer's and left this game for dead. There's no reason for me to login and play anymore.... Why should I waste my time on a game that's going to die sooner or later? Since the dev's can't make up their minds and screw everything up. 

It'd be nice to take care of the actual issues, and focus on getting drop 3 out (like it was supposed to be 2 months ago). Carbine is just delaying the inevitable of it's game dying off.

Hi Tony. I'm going to go ahead and quote you on this :  We’ve listened to your feedback; 

Have you though, really?  Those of us on the leaderboards know just how WORTHLESS they truly are.  It's good that you've taken them down, but not because of how poorly implemented they are.... but because they're invalid.  When you post the 5v5 leaderboards, you post wintraders, period.  NO ONE plays it, people only wintrade it.  I know you don't actually play this game, but some of us do.  There is no point in having leaderboards, until you listen to our feedback, and that's fix the stupid system.

I think it's really nice that you're going to have an interactive leaderboard that lets us check it and see how our ranks go up.  I don't think its nice that you're missing the point.  Of all the things you can choose to comment on given the state of PvP, I'm sorely depressed that it has anything to do with the word leaderboards in it.

I mean really, level with us here.  What are you even thinking about?  Are you aware that there is no integrity in the system, whatsoever?  Are you aware that there's no point in having a rating wipe until the core issues are fixed?   Are you aware that rating is trivial in the current system?  It's not an indicator of how well other people do against others, its an arbitrary goal number used to encourage people to cheat to a specific point, then quit pvping altogether until they've sufficiently RNG farmed.

Tony, seriously, DO YOUR JOB AND LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS.  I'm so tired of having to go back and forth with a company that screams, "The Devs are Listening," but doesn't even have a clue as to what's going on.  Do you really not get paid enough to care?

Let me direct you to the PvP forums, where there are plenty of valid concerns to view and comment:

https://forums.wilds...?/forum/36-pvp/

I'd just like to recopy this above quote as well..... if I had implemented a slogan and did not follow it... I'd be out of business too.

moderator edit: language 

Edited by Chillia, 01 November 2014 - 04:40 AM.

#17 Eclips

Eclips
  • Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:04 AM

Tony, do you even care about the players at all dude? You should probably talk to some of us that actually play the game.

You're really letting us down.

twitch.tv/eclipsgaming  /// youtube /// builds available on twitch, follow me!

"I just replied to this thread to make clear that if you implement this 50% crit chance increase after leaving stealth, would be the dumbest thing you could ever do for stalkers (pvp wise)" - Thirborn

#18 Intensive

Intensive
  • Members
  • LocationCentral US

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:52 AM

Tony, do you even care about the players at all dude? You should probably talk to some of us that actually play the game.

You're really letting us down.

I am just going tho throw this out there, and you can take it as you wish.

Based on the type of responses you guys in the thread are giving, I wouldn't want to talk to you long enough to ask your opinion either.  Obviously the long rant posts calling everyone and their mother silly or the obvious disregard of respect are not working out for you...

Edited by BusterCasey, 20 November 2014 - 02:16 PM.

• Bazeleel, Abn, Archaell and 1 other like this

Intensive - Medic (Healer) - <Subterfuge>

Twitch Streaming

System: Win10 Pro x64; i7 7700k @4.2Ghz; Nvidia 1080; 16G DDR4; Intel 240GB SSD; Western Dig. 1TB HD; 2560x1440 27" IPS display x2

#19 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:00 AM

I am just going tho throw this out there, and you can take it as you wish.

Based on the type of responses you guys in the thread are giving, I wouldn't want to talk to you long enough to ask your opinion either.  Obviously the long rant posts calling everyone and their mother silly or the obvious disregard of respect are not working out for you...

Well said mate. This is why not being an ass in the community helps your feedback get noticed. Being an ass normally lands you on the block list or banned if you go to far.

I really encourage everyone to bring their feedback in a constructive and professional manner. It will get noticed a lot more and get more dev replies if you do so.

#20 Wonderpumkin

Wonderpumkin
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:18 AM

So if disabling leader boards is keeping your standards high...... then you're clearly blind. You have ignored the PVPer's and left this game for dead. There's no reason for me to login and play anymore.... Why should I waste my time on a game that's going to die sooner or later? Since the dev's can't make up their minds and screw everything up. 

It'd be nice to take care of the actual issues, and focus on getting drop 3 out (like it was supposed to be 2 months ago). Carbine is just delaying the inevitable of it's game dying off.

I'd just like to recopy this above quote as well..... if I had implemented a slogan and did not follow it... I'd be out of business too.

moderator edit: language 

ya man only thing changing on pvp leaderboards was the win traders in 3s... lol

ɹıɐ ןǝq pǝןןɐɔ uʍoʇ ɐ ɟo ǝɔuıɹd ǝɥʇ ǝɯɐɔǝq ı ʍoɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ ןן,ı
ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇɥbıɹ ʇıs ʇsnظ
ǝʇnuıɯ ɐ ǝʞɐʇ oʇ ǝʞıן p,ı puɐ
uʍop ǝpısdn pǝuɹnʇ-pǝddıןɟ ʇob ǝɟıן ʎɯ
ʍoɥ ʇnoqɐ ןןɐ ʎɹoʇs ɐ sı sıɥʇ 'ʍou