PTR pvp vendor runes

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 OkComputer

OkComputer
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

I noticed a post where you stated that:

• We have normalized Rune Slot counts. Items will no longer have variable amounts of Rune Slots. The new default breakdown for Rune Slot counts is as follows:
    • Good quality (Green) items from all sources will have either zero rune slots, one slot, and sometimes two slots at higher levels (45+).
    • Excellent quality (Blue) items from vendor, quests, and crafting will roll 2 slots.
    • Excellent quality items from group content will roll 3 slots.
    • Superb quality (Purple) items from vendors, world loot and crafting will roll 3 slots.
    • Superb quality items from group content will roll 4 slots.
    • Legendary quality (Orange) items from vendors, world loot and crafting will roll 4 slots.
    • Legendary quality items from group content will roll 5 slots.
    • Artifact quality (Pink) items will continue to roll 6 slots.

After logging into the PTR i looked at the pvp vendor and the blue 1200 pvp set comes with 3 runes (upgradable to 4) and the purple pvp sets "1500,1800" come with FOUR slots (upgradable to 5). Is this a bug or is this working as intended? The legacy 1200 gear came with 2 rune slots and the legacy 1500/1800 gear came with 3 rune slots. I did notice however that the legacy 1800 set was actually upgradable to 5.

I also noticed in the same post that you said that the mats needed to ADD rune slots would drop in pve content raid/dungs/adventures something along those lines. You also said bags of scavenged supplies. What about the pvp only players? Will we be seeing these drop in pvp bags with a decent enough drop rate or will we have to grind for months to unlock our rune slots? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

#2 OkComputer

OkComputer
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

Still no information about wether or not this was intended? I would like to know if its even worth buying the blue pvp set for my stalker if I'll have to rebuy it in drop 3.

#3 OkComputer

OkComputer
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

So is there no feedback on these forums? I just want your information to be clarified. Are these runes supposed to roll this way or not?

#4 J-Tal

J-Tal
  • Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

PvP Gear is considered "Group Content" for Rune counts.

Blue-quality PvP Gear is 3 rune base, upgrade to 4.
Purple-quality PvP Gear is 4 rune base, upgrade to 5.

The legacy sets can be upgraded to the new maximums.

The Runic Modules needed to add Rune Slots to gear will drop from PvP bags. Depending on the BG/Arena, it is about 10-25% chance from the Win bag, 5-15% from losses. The Warplot Win bag has a guaranteed Runic Module (with a chance for 2).

"Is that blood I see? Hmm, you organics are all so ... frail."

#5 Eclips

Eclips
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:47 PM

The Runic Modules needed to add Rune Slots to gear will drop from PvP bags. Depending on the BG/Arena, it is about 10-25% chance from the Win bag, 5-15% from losses. The Warplot Win bag has a guaranteed Runic Module (with a chance for 2).

Make it so that it will be a guaranteed drop from a rated bg queue and you'll have a reason to play rated bgs again.  You know, since no one ever plays Warplots.

You could also make it a pvp vendor bought item with a rating requirement of 2000+ to encourage high rated play and bonuses to those playing / participating.

Thanks for listening to the community and making proper choices given the circumstances of the game.

twitch.tv/eclipsgaming  /// youtube /// builds available on twitch, follow me!

"I just replied to this thread to make clear that if you implement this 50% crit chance increase after leaving stealth, would be the dumbest thing you could ever do for stalkers (pvp wise)" - Thirborn

#6 Moodbin

Moodbin
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:43 AM

Is it a good idea to have a chance for it to drop for losing in arenas?

Won't it be the same afking as it was before when people were farming prestige like that? This change would basically make losing arenas on purpose probably the fastest way to obtain the runic modules, or am I missing something?

Warmonger HaChIkuJi SeConD BEsT StaLkER eU JabBiT, soon Second BEsT Warrior eU

http://www.twitch.tv/moodbin

#7 Neurophenomenology

Neurophenomenology
  • Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

I see that you can get Runic Modules to add Rune Slots from PvP/Dungeons/Adventures/Raids but what about Open World/Solo Content?

I did not saw, a single one dropping from mobs or being rewarded from quests (including the OmniCore).

What about all those people, who are not doing group content? But prefer to do dailies and grind mobs for their materials...

Don't tell me, that you will force them to do something they don't want to, in order to upgrade their Rune Slots....

#8 J-Tal

J-Tal

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:56 AM

I see that you can get Runic Modules to add Rune Slots from PvP/Dungeons/Adventures/Raids but what about Open World/Solo Content?

I did not saw, a single one dropping from mobs or being rewarded from quests (including the OmniCore).

What about all those people, who are not doing group content? But prefer to do dailies and grind mobs for their materials...

Don't tell me, that you will force them to do something they don't want to, in order to upgrade their Rune Slots....

So ...

If you aren't participating in any group content. Like at all. No dungeons, no adventures, no PvP, nothing - then I would highly suggest you try it out. And would follow up that suggestion with saying ... well, if you are just doing dailies, you don't really need to upgrade your rune slots.

That said, crafters can buy them for Crafting Vouchers and soloers can get them from certain reward bags. They're also not bound so if you just want to farm you should be able to buy them from other players on the AH. It's just easier for group-oriented players to get them because that's how games work.

#9 Goju

Goju
  • Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:15 AM

hi JTAL

who sells the runic modules for CV on the PTR please?

also can you confirm that the inability to add a 3rd slot to blue crafted gear is actually a bug ? ( epochos , adventus etc..)

thanks !

#10 Neurophenomenology

Neurophenomenology
  • Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

So ...

If you aren't participating in any group content. Like at all. No dungeons, no adventures, no PvP, nothing - then I would highly suggest you try it out. And would follow up that suggestion with saying ... well, if you are just doing dailies, you don't really need to upgrade your rune slots.

That said, crafters can buy them for Crafting Vouchers and soloers can get them from certain reward bags. They're also not bound so if you just want to farm you should be able to buy them from other players on the AH. It's just easier for group-oriented players to get them because that's how games work.

Okay, so now :)

All this changes will be fine for new players or new items that you get! Because they will have a fixed rune slot count, and they gonna need 1x upgrade only.

But that's not the case for people who spend months and months, farming GA/DS/PvP.

Now, I will describe how this look to me (and probably, for a lot of other players who are here since the beginning). But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I have 11x superb items from GA/EG vendor, all of them have 2x rune slots accept one with 3x... I'm looking to add around 27-30 new rune slots. Each of them will take 3x runic modules right?

If that's the case... I need 80-100 in order to upgrade my main spec gear. You don't want to know, how much this numbers will be for the people with legendary gear from DS... Because their items are also with 2-3 rune slots! Now, this is only for main spec... When you add the gear for offspec and pvp to that! We are looking at ridiculous amounts of rune flux to upgrade our gear...

I do understand that raid bosses drop them... But the amount you can get per 1 raid lockout (week), equals to the upgrade for only 1 member of that raid!

Let's explore our other options.

The one that I think will be best (for me at least) is STL/KV dungeons. If each member needs around 100 and they are 5x, it means that we need 500 of them in order to upgrade our gear...

Can you imagine how many runs we need to do of the same dungeon, over and over again in order to get them? :P (like we did not do them enough already)

Okay, we can try BG's as well... But, we gonna have to do at least 100 matches and win all of them, and then pray to the RNGesses, that the PvP bags will drop enough!

What we are looking at, is a Chinese Gold Farmer Grind style!!!

It's good to know that, we can get them with Crafting Vouchers but how much they will cost?

Also, from which type of reward bags we can get them? Are we talking about Satchels or Crafting Bags, from challenges/daily quests? If so, are they limited to a certain levels? What is the % of the drop rate?

Would have been nice, if there was at least 1x daily quest (Crimson/Northern/Blight/Defile) that award them. Even OmniCore weekly quest for example!

Good alternative is to make them available for purchase with Renown/Prestige/Elder Gems etc.

The demand at the start will be high... probably the price on AH/CX as well!

We are looking at two options here... Farm group content (at ridiculous amounts of times) or grind mobs, so you can afford to buy them.

From all that I've seen on the PTR and the patch notes + the info from you... This is how it will be for me and probably the rest of the people, who play since the release of WildStar.

p.s. Also, add the huge amounts of materials required for the "Runic Elemental Flux" to re-roll your rune slots as well to that...

I did not know that Carbine wanted to turn us into "Farm Bots" :) At least this is how it looks like...

#11 Nike Online

Nike Online
  • Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:28 PM

So ...

And this (&^#$)&@^ing attitude right here is why your game is dying. This "eh, *cupcake* solo players" culture at Carbine needs to die in a fire.

The desire to fully empower a character and the desire to run content with pugs are Not. *Cupcaking*. Related.

Seriously, go beat your head against a wall until that notion falls out then get a dust pan and take it to the nearest dumpster. Maybe use gloves. Because once you get this toxic piece of reasoning out of your head, you don't want to touch it again with bare flesh.

To be clear, I'm not worried about the fluxes as a solo player because I anticipate getting them through the satchels from normal solo play. But saying players don't need to pursue growth is saying "Are you a solo player? Then there's no reason to play this game at all" for many. Don't say it. Stop thinking it. The tendency to over-incentivize group content isn't because some unwritten law that group-players are just better people ("That's how games work") its to offset the fact that organizing groups is a pain in the ass and people don't like it.

#12 LordJJag

LordJJag
  • Members
  • LocationLand of Oz

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

So ... well, if you are just doing dailies, you don't really need to upgrade your rune slots.

Whatever happened to play the way you want? So its fine to see some 3000AP dude standing next to me in CB smashing stuff 4 times easier then me because he has access to gear that I have no hope in obtaining. Im a HC solo dude, I log on every day, I enjoy the game but would still like the same ability to have a chance at the same rewards as this dude, otherwise take his 3000AP ability out of my daily zone and give us crappy 1300AP players a place to call home too. Take a page from D3RoS RNG, some one who logs on for 1hr/day has a chance at a Godly item just like a 20hr/day per, just at different rates given play time. To me that is play the way you want, equal rewards but with rates based on effort and efficiency.

And this (&^#$)&@^ing attitude right here is why your game is dying. This "eh, *cupcake* solo players" culture at Carbine needs to die in a fire.

This dude said it right thou, i was outraged at JTal response via Dev tracker and only saw Nike's post while typing mine.

So ... If you aren't participating in any group content. Like at all. No dungeons, no adventures, no PvP, nothing - then I would highly suggest you try it out

I've done a few adventures, golden them all, 2, WotW and Crimelords I continue to que pug style for, 2 I refuse to que for, Malgave and Temp. Dungeons, never completed one, tried the first 5 mins of one, no desire to go back given the time investment needed, re efficiency and reward = terrible = not the way I want to play.

Still above all else, group content to me = waiting and time wasting. I have never stood so long doing nothing, waiting for ppl to join and group up. Solo I can go as fast as I desire for as long as I desire more important I can choose to take a break when I want to. = playing the way I want

I don't play with numbers, just toons.

#13 Lumbendil

Lumbendil
  • Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:25 PM

Whatever happened to play the way you want? So its fine to see some 3000AP dude standing next to me in CB smashing stuff 4 times easier then me because he has access to gear that I have no hope in obtaining. Im a HC solo dude, I log on every day, I enjoy the game but would still like the same ability to have a chance at the same rewards as this dude, otherwise take his 3000AP ability out of my daily zone and give us crappy 1300AP players a place to call home too. Take a page from D3RoS RNG, some one who logs on for 1hr/day has a chance at a Godly item just like a 20hr/day per, just at different rates given play time. To me that is play the way you want, equal rewards but with rates based on effort and efficiency.

This already comes from them having better items than you which are rewarded from group content (raids and, to a lesser extent, dungeons), so I find that point doesn't have much weight.

I've done a few adventures, golden them all, 2, WotW and Crimelords I continue to que pug style for, 2 I refuse to que for, Malgave and Temp. Dungeons, never completed one, tried the first 5 mins of one, no desire to go back given the time investment needed, re efficiency and reward = terrible = not the way I want to play.

Reward isn't terrible for tanks (and for other classes it should change, crafted gear shouldn't be that good), and you still might get upgrades none the less. When you're already capped from other sides, a bad efficiency/reward is better than no efficiency reward, so I feel that logic is a bit flawed, unless you mean time investment is "not the way you want to play", not "bad efficiency/reward".

#14 J-Tal

J-Tal

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

The desire to fully empower a character and the desire to run content with pugs are Not. *Cupcaking*. Related.

Seriously, go beat your head against a wall until that notion falls out then get a dust pan and take it to the nearest dumpster. Maybe use gloves. Because once you get this toxic piece of reasoning out of your head, you don't want to touch it again with bare flesh.

To be clear, I'm not worried about the fluxes as a solo player because I anticipate getting them through the satchels from normal solo play. But saying players don't need to pursue growth is saying "Are you a solo player? Then there's no reason to play this game at all" for many. Don't say it. Stop thinking it. The tendency to over-incentivize group content isn't because some unwritten law that group-players are just better people ("That's how games work") its to offset the fact that organizing groups is a pain in the ass and people don't like it.

I love that I'm simultaneously getting berated in different threads for making group content too rewarding and group content not being rewarding enough. You guys. /hug.

So, to clarify what I meant, since it seems I came across as "screw you soloers", which I didn't mean, is that: If you are running group content, you are likely replacing gear at a much more rapid pace and end up having more pieces to upgrade, and therefore need more frequent access to Runic Modules. So, logically, group content rewards Runic Modules more frequently to compensate. I did follow up with explaining that soloers absolutely have access to Runic Modules via other means - some of those might not be on PTR, I'll have to check Monday where those changes are in our QA/promotion cycle.

#15 J-Tal

J-Tal

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:48 PM

This is absolutely a problem with Wildstar. I fully acknowledge and apologize that our solo progression is currently nowhere near where I would like it be. We have several new systems coming online in the coming updates (Contracts, Eldan Forge and more!) but most of them are far enough out that I don't want to detail them just yet and then have you guys waiting (potentially) months for promised content. I do want to say that we are well aware that solo progression in Wildstar is pretty much non-existant and we are actively working to remedy that as quickly as possible.

#16 Nike Online

Nike Online
  • Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

Well played, sir :).

So if progression is driven by need, why is there not a budget-hungry 'raid stat' that only provides benefit inside raid instances and keeps those drops more sedate when taken out into the open world (read 'sedate' as a few points better rather than scores of points better...)?

PvP gear has its own stats to protect its environement from outside gear coming in and dominating. PvP power/defense also drain budget from those items so that it's not the optimal open-world gear (other than, you know, weapons, which are a giant clustercake...).

To a certain degree even same faction play is competitive in the daily zones and raid gear is arguably an unwarranted advantage over the players obliged to consider that their home turf.

#17 dinwitt

dinwitt
  • Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:34 PM

So if progression is driven by need, why is there not a budget-hungry 'raid stat' that only provides benefit inside raid instances and keeps those drops more sedate when taken out into the open world

I think that is supposed to be strikethrough.  Granted, it isn't really doing its job, but its usually the chance to hit stat that takes on that role.

Entity - Redacted Engineer - Engineer - Scientist

#18 Chajava

Chajava
  • Members
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:46 PM

Because playing with other people on a massively multiplayer online game is just ridiculous.

• Pikeasey likes this

#19 Old Man Tek

Old Man Tek
  • Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:36 PM

Because playing with other people on a massively multiplayer online game is just ridiculous.

Wildstar's lack of solo progression may be a problem for Wildstar, but soloers' lack of socialization and playing multiplayer is killing the genre. Massively Multiplayer; not sometimes multiplayer, not a solo game with co-op mode... massively multiplayer. Check out the definitions for those two words, please.

Edited by BusterCasey, 02 November 2014 - 12:01 PM.

#20 Jackospades

Jackospades
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:41 AM

I know I haven't had enough coffee yet but still.... color me confused. 

Why is upgrading such a big deal for solo content? I'm not being a snob either. Solo content is a HUGE chunk of my game time. Sure, I have a few pretty adventure pieces but that's as far as it goes. I've got around 2675 AP with nothing but adventure/crafted gear (as a stalker.)  Solo content is super easy right now. 

Solo gear doesn't need a buff. There, I said it. Solo gear doesn't need a buff. It might need some tweaking but it's in a fair state.  I cruise through dailies as is.  Are people asking to one shot lvl 50 mobs?

J-Tal, I respect the fact that you pop up and answer hot topics frequently. Whatever virus you have... pass it on to you colleges ;)