• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 BlackSwan

BlackSwan
  • Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:30 AM

Hi everyone.

This Saturday is Extra Life, and while I'm sure many of you and your guilds are participating in some way, I would like to arrange an event to support this cause.

The Whitevale Butcher Party PVP event is on Saturday, 25th October, 14h00 UTC — and I don't want to interfere with that, so I'll tentatively schedule the Extra Life event for Sunday, 26th October, 14h00 GMT. You may check this time against your own time zone here. If this clashes with too many raid times, send me a PM and I'll reschedule.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
 Sign up to Extra Life with your character's name and become part of our Jabbit Extra Life team here.
The hospital I chose is Children's Hospital Central California, which is in Carbine's hood.
 Donate a minimum of €1 ($1.27) to our Jabbit Extra Life page here. (NB. ALL proceeds go directly to Extra Life).
 Share the page with friends and family!
 Dye a costume pink (10 silver from any Dye Vendor in Thayd/Illium). Pink Chuas are welcome to arrive nekkid (for a good cause).
 Add Felix Finkelstein (Dominion) and Destinia Youtube (Exiles) to Neighbours.
 Join me on my plot this Sunday, 26 October at 14h00 GMT.

I have created a grid on my plot, so arranging players in formation shouldn't take long at all (20 mins max providing everyone arrives on time). Here is a rough idea of what it will look like (I Photoshopped the same three characters to give you guys an idea of what I'd like to do. It'll look 100% better with a variety of races/heights/costumes). I will be recording / SS the event and posting the results here after.

pixel-heart-16942041.jpg
AcFZIWwf.jpg

PRIZES:
A prize of in-game gold will be given to a randomly selected winner! (If any guild leaders would like to donate towards cash prizes so that we can potentially get more guilds/players incentivized to participate, that would be great!) Additionally, if anyone has a Gamescon code they are willing to donate as a prize, that would be awesome too!

THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND: breast-cancer-awareness-ribbon.png
I would like to encourage all Exile players on Jabbit EU to take on the challenge and support Destinia Youtube, who is running an identical event parallel to mine.
It would be great to see a bunch of 'pink heart' screenshots and donations to the Jabbit EU Extra Life page from both factions!
Lets show the online gaming community that the WildStar / Jabbit EU community cares!

For more info, contact:

DOMINION:
Private Message: BlackSwan
Email: grimwolvesza@gmail.com
In-game: Gruffalo Grouchasson / Felix Finkelstein
Twitter: @BlackSwanZA

EXILES:
Private Message: IDestinia
Email: idestinia@live.fr
In-game: Destinia Youtube
Twitter: @IDestinia

• Youmukon, Łárś, SoulEquilibrium and 5 others like this

Gruffalo Grouchasson <Grim Wolves> <Venus Rising>

#2 Niliana Bloodbound

Niliana Bloodbound
  • Guests
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:35 AM

I love this idea!
I'll be donating 5 plat from the Venus Rising guild bank this afternoon. I'll poke you ingame later.

We have a raid happening at 3 pm uk time Sunday, so this will be a fun little thing to dive into before we go smack some bosses in GA!
  • BlackSwan, Łárś and Peshyy like this

#3 BlackSwan

BlackSwan
  • Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:02 AM

That's so generous Niliana! THANK YOU! That will definitely allow us to have more than one prize!

• Niliana Bloodbound likes this

#4 Niliana Bloodbound

Niliana Bloodbound
  • Guests
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:40 AM

Sent a mail to Felix Finkelstein :)
Off to donate and join the Jabbit team now.
Also gonna snag this and post it on our guild forums.

#5 Youmukon

Youmukon

French Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationSave                Location ▼

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:38 AM

Excellent initiative there! Unfortunately we won't be able to participate in-game as Staff for various reasons :( (I will most likely come with a personal character, anonymously.) We will definitely promote both events on our Social channels however!

In the future when organizing similar events do not hesitate to reach out to the Community Team (Twitter or Email) as early as you can so we can help and promote it! We may even be able to support these events by giving prizes (plushies, T-shirts, gamescom codes and so on) in order to drive-in donations!

#6 Bathory Bane

Bathory Bane
  • Members

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

So in!

Donating 1 plat in game and what I can spare in cash. <3 (Will add you when I log on tonight.)

• BlackSwan likes this

#7 CRB_Anlath

CRB_Anlath
  • Carbine Studios (Former)
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

Just put up a post on our FB and Tumblr to help drive some traffic for these events!

Sadly, as I mentioned on the Whitevale thread, I am at London Comic Con this weekend and won't be able to attend myself. :( Hope it goes well though!

Twitter: CRB_Anlath

Based in the UK. Dominion in the streets. Exile with my DPS (pronounce it "deeps").

The guy who said; "Busting a nut" on the Livestream.

#8 BurningHate

BurningHate
  • Members

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:11 AM

Hey Sarah just seen this post. Ping me on team speak and I'll put in 10 plat + a special item we can use as an extra reward. Love this by the way (Alexie)
  • BlackSwan likes this

#9 BlackSwan

BlackSwan
  • Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:21 AM

Thanks Bathory and Alexie! Your generosity and support is greatly appreciated! You guys are awesome! @Anlath Thanks a mil for the traffic boost!

• Bathory Bane likes this

#10 Niliana Bloodbound

Niliana Bloodbound
  • Guests
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:11 AM

AprTNQU.jpg
Wearing pink to show our support and to raise awareness! <3
  • BlackSwan likes this

#11 IDestinia

IDestinia
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:57 AM

Hello ! I've contacted BlackSwan by mail, I'll also wait her answer for more informations, but i'm thinking about taking care of the event in the Exile side, as it seems there is nothing there currently.

Is there really nobody to do this for the Exiles at the moment ? And if I do it, will there be some interested people to make the heart in my house and, why not, who could donate something to win during this event, like gold, to make more people join the event ?

Thank you :)

• BlackSwan and Niliana Bloodbound like this

#12 BlackSwan

BlackSwan
  • Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:30 AM

Hé, Destinia! Content d'avoir de tes nouvelles!

Thank you very much for your email (which I have just responded to). I am delighted that you would like to host the Exile equivalent of this event!

I am hoping that all Exiles on Jabbit who read your message respond to you in-game as far as donations are concerned.

I will make a post on Facebook and Twitter to draw attention to the fact that we need Exiles on board, and we'll take it from there!

#13 IDestinia

IDestinia
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:44 AM

Alright, I also confirm that I will take care of the event on the Exiles side !

To participate, it's the same as for the Dominion, but with my name :

Sign up to Extra Life with your character's name and become part of our Jabbit Extra Life team here.
The hospital I chose is Children's Hospital Central California, which is in Carbine's hood.
 Donate a minimum of €1 ($1.27) to our Jabbit Extra Life page here. (NB. ALL proceeds go directly to Extra Life).
 Share the page with friends and family!
 Dye a costume pink (10 silver from any Dye Vendor in Thayd/Illium). Pink Aurins are welcome to arrive nekkid (for a good cause).
 Add Destinia Youtube to Neighbours.
 Join me on my plot this Sunday, 26 October at 14h00 GMT.

I hope there will be a lot of people there ! 

PS : Please don't hesitate to make me donations of gold in game as I'm not a hardcore player at all (only have 10 plats currently ^^) so if you can help, a better prize will make more people ! :-)

• BlackSwan likes this

#14 BlackSwan

BlackSwan
  • Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

Join our Jabbit: Extra Life! event

TOMORROW, 26th Oct, 14h00 GMT!

5 players stand a chance to WIN 4 plat each!

There will also be epic Costumes / FABkits up for grabs!

For more info /w Felix Finkelstein in-game.

#15 IDestinia

IDestinia
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:40 AM

And /w Destinia Youtube on the Exiles side !  :) 

#16 BlackSwan

BlackSwan
  • Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:13 AM

I almost forgot! The Dominion event will be held on my plot called "Jabbit Extra Life" at 2 pm (UTC) TODAY. The plot is 'public', so just search for it.

#17 BlackSwan

BlackSwan
  • Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay, I've been crazy busy this week! Thanks to all who attended. Special thanks goes to those of you who donated plat and items for prizes, and to those who donated real cash for the cause. Despite the time zone change mucking us about, we were able to assemble ourselves, take the SS, and hand our the prizes without a hitch! Here are the screenshots Destinia (Exiles) and I (Dominion) took. Destinia also made a video (I'm busy with a collage which I'll post here as soon as I get a gap).

vYIkCBJq.jpg PK6igw32.jpg wZcfNgD2.jpg PISjaXgy.jpg uQwXz2ke.jpg s91T4vFG.jpg n8GLVS7M.jpg dMQgjwgY.jpg 6NBuEs1C.jpg vAXq7dGY.jpg DJ20jVb8.jpg TjGuSJzs.jpg

• Chillia, IDestinia and Niliana Bloodbound like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Extra Life, Event